'Duck Dynasty' stars call up a raise
August 14th, 2013

'Duck Dynasty' stars call up a raise

A&E's "Duck Dynasty" is poised to continue its reign now that the cast members have reportedly hammered out salary negotiations.

The series, which begins its fourth season on A&E tonight, is a ratings boon for the network, and the family at the center of the show is seeing the profits of their popularity.

According to reports, the Robertsons are now earning more than $200,000 an episode, which will be spread out among the nine adults and 11 kids on the reality program.

The new agreement also keeps the Robertsons around for more seasons of "Dynasty," should A&E want to keep the ratings boon going.

The series' third season proved just how popular the program has become, drawing 8.6 million viewers with its premiere and closing out the season with a record 9.6 million tuning in to the finale.

The fourth season of "Duck Dynasty," which chronicles the Louisiana bayou family and their Duck Commander line of duck calls and decoys, kicks off at 10 p.m. tonight on A&E.

Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. Jay

I came across this band , they have agreat song called "Do the Uncle Si "

August 31, 2013 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. maylene (lynne has this one)

you an embarassment too the town, and embarassment too zz top and his fans....your washed up hacking hoe....

August 23, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Steveo

@Sokman,

I love that show:

Don't watch NASCAR
    I am black!
    Have a MASTERS DEGREE

So in review:
    Moronic–No, strike one!
    NASCAR watching- No, strike two!
    "Whyte"-no, strike three!

August 23, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. M.A.P.

This is another one of those shows I always see advertised on Discovery channel and I think – W-T-F does this have to do with science or environment or ANYTHING discovery would normally be involed in. Why is there this show glorifying the cruel tor-ture of innocent animals, along with the Logging show (forgot the name) where the tree loggers are made out to be heroes, or MudMen or whatever other sh!t they come up with. It's boring, stoopid unoriginal television about people we wouldn't normally look at if we walked past them on the street. MAKE MORE INTERESTING SHOWS!!!

August 16, 2013 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cherrie

I want to build duck calls and hang with them for just one day. It's on my bucket list!

August 15, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David G

Got hooked last year. I think the editor should win an Emmy along with the writers for doing such excellent work;

August 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century

This show is barbaric. Suffering succotash.

August 15, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. 72 virgins

this favorite show of mine on tv now is Duck Dynasty. Men with beards and guns is good watching. Allah Akbar!

August 15, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bluegrass

Love Phil and Si, love the show, nothing succeeds like success. Rock on, waterfowl slayers!

August 15, 2013 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Timmy

Mommy, why is Santa dressed in green and pointing a gun?

August 15, 2013 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dee

Did not like the season opener.

August 15, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jockman

He spells like he watches BET

August 15, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mave

Another poorly scripted show

August 15, 2013 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. dave

love the show..but its all about the money.....I thought they were millionaires on duck calls...well I guess you just cant have enough case......

August 15, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Houston

Doesn't matter how much money they've made off duck calls. A&E is making billions off this show, the season finale episode itself was watched by 9.6 million viewers. You have to know you worth in this world. Right now someone is making $50K a year while the company is making $200-$350K off the work of that employee.

August 15, 2013 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Yuppies in Vermont

My wife and I don't watch NASCAR, but never miss Duck Dynasty. Shows like this with true values and laughter without vulgarity don't come along much any more. We enjoy it for what it is. We are what Phil call "yuppies" but we also get it!!

August 15, 2013 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • CAROL

God fearing people may be making a lot of money but you sure won't hear ANY bad language on this show... FAMILY values top the list on this show. LOVE IT!!! 11 million watched the season opener.. not much tops that these days..

August 16, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Moloch

"God-fearing" people are buffoons, Carol; flocks of mindless sheep. God isn't all that scary if you just stand up to him. He's rather timid when you do that.

August 16, 2013 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  16. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I gotta admit I love this show! The only thing I don't like about it is there are no duck tu rds to be seen on it.

August 15, 2013 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sokman

Duck Dynasty is a stupid show for moronic, NASCAR watching whyte trash people.

August 14, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ETB

It's pretty damn funny. What do you watch?

August 14, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smarterthanu

Great show. Good values. Willie has 2 adopted biracial kids. Research and watch before you speak. The show does not stereotype, only non viewers like you.

August 15, 2013 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Barry

@Sokman,
      I am the opposite of all you state, yet I find this show provides gentle humor without rancor or manufactured antagonism. it always ends on a high looking at the bright side of life. I watch this show and feel good without looking down on anyone because I have had a good laugh without cost to anyone's dignity or actions.

August 15, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • MJ

I was prepared to hate it, citified liberal that I am, but got hooked. They are funny, sarcastic and relevant. Get up off you high horse and watch an episode and you might understand why so many people like it.

August 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |