While you were working ...
August 13th, 2013

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• We've had hours to digest Kendrick Lamar's verse on Big Sean's "Control," and we're still astonished. If you've evaded listening to this, please drop what you're doing and do so now. [Fader]
  • MTV "Can't Stop" adding new acts to the MTV VMAs. Joining Katy Perry, Kanye West and Lady Gaga on the lineup for the August 25 show will be Miley Cyrus and Mr. "Blurred Lines" himself, Robin Thicke. [MTV]
  • By the way: Miley Cyrus "knows what color her skin is," in case you had any doubt. [Miley's Twitter]
  • Cory Monteith's final film, "McCanick," will carry on the actor's legacy at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it will debut on September 9. [EW]
  • Why stop at two "Thor" movies when we can have three? If you feel the same way, Natalie Portman has some titillating news: "I think they are going to make 'Thor 3,'" the actress hinted to E! News. [E!]
  • A Jo-Bro's catching a wave to "Hawaii Five-O." The CBS series has lined up Nick Jonas to play a computer hacker on the upcoming season, which will also feature Rumer Willis, Carol Burnett, Taryn Manning and Tim Daly. [Gossip Cop]

Filed under: While you were working

1. M.A.P.

So Mr Thicke gets ANOTHER opportunity to sing his abomination of a song. I really am losing faith in humanity after this years music releases. "Blurred Lines" is unoriginal, offensive and Mr Thicke is a desperate wannabe who pretends to be "cool". Whatevs I just wish Colbert didn't feature him because I love Colbert.

August 16, 2013 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Term

Wow. This article went from approx. 70 comments, mostly by the filthy trolls, to just a handful by the normals. Way to stomp the trolls this morning. Congrats!

August 14, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Peace ☮

Morning all! So, I'm standing in a checkout yesterday & on the cover of some mag it said that Kim K's man Kayne has snapped. Lol, didnt like slipping into 2nd place with a baby in the pic, I'm guessing.
    JellyBean! Where ya been? Welcome back! :)

August 14, 2013 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

What do you mean by breaking through? Does that mean all these space taking posts will stop & you will just blog?

August 14, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Hey Peace, and a special howdy to Jellybean! Good to see you back. I was in the grocery store on Monday night. I saw a magazine that said Kimmy secretly got married. I wonder to who? lol... That family needs to disappear from the face of the earth.

August 14, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

No I don't think so. I have nothing to do with your nonsense. You can't even give me a straight answer. Lol!

August 14, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. JellyBean

What is up with all these automated modbot posts, CNN?

August 14, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • General Patton

In military parlance this is called barrage jamming – you throw so many signals of the same bandwidth out that bonafide message traffic is overwhelmed and lost. C n n needs to get a handle on this because it's driving consumers away. There's more garbage here than legitimate traffic. The barrage is achieving its intended effect.

August 14, 2013 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • In other words, the trolls and hackers are winning.

War has already been declared on these losers, so Report Abuse on their fat hacker troll a$$es.

August 14, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. Peace ☮

What thread on 8-28-2012 are you talking about. You have me curious now. Lol!

August 14, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |