Hear that? It's Katy Perry's 'Roar'
August 12th, 2013

Hear that? It's Katy Perry's 'Roar'

Katy Perry isn't letting a dinged promotional semi or a leaked single silence her "Roar."

The pop star's latest single arrived online ahead of its August 12 release date, adding a bit of frustration to a weekend that kicked off with an accident.

Perry has been promoting her upcoming album, "Prism," with a gold semi-truck, but on Friday it got a little banged up.

And while she was managing that speed bump, "Roar" made its way to her fans' ears on Sunday.

"Looks like there's a tiger on the loose!!!" Perry tweeted. "Make sure you catch it @iTunesMusic at midnight EDT TONIGHT!"

On Monday, the singer shared a lyrics video with her Twitter followers, giving insight into the upbeat pop song's message of perseverance.

"You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust," Perry sings. "Get ready 'cause I've had enough. I see it all, I see it now. I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. 'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar louder than a lion."

MTV calls "Roar" Perry's "most purposeful single to date," and "the empowerment anthem to end all empowerment anthems. ... She's back, bolder and badder than ever."

We have to say we agree - take a listen above and let us know what you think.

Filed under: Celebrities • Katy Perry • Music

« Previous entry
  1. alucarD

My god, I want to soak up her tlt sweat with my moustache

August 15, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. xcbxcbrtu58768

http://interracialfishes.yolasite.com ♥. A  serious online interracial dating Services offering real and successful opportunities to meet your right person. For black women meet white men, black men dating white women. Share your life and love with friends online..) We have a large database of personal ads from black singles seeking white singles for dating, love, marriage or friendship. If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.Love knows no bounds. Are you still single? FREE JOIN – ♥
    K ..

August 14, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. Ted

I want to give her a Dirty Fozzy

August 14, 2013 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. 5 nice guys

all marriages suck 2 are leaving–1 woman is divorcing and met another.

August 13, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Shocked

omg–better off with katie

August 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Billy Barty

Gee, her hair smells terrific.

August 13, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. QueenVelveetaJamimaLaqueetaTelmaColenderDaKeeshaaLaWafflez

Crater face Perry ripped off the song and filled it with nothing but chiche lyrics.

August 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. M.A.P.

I cant watch the video because im not in the USA. Is CNN xenophobic? Also KAty Perry looks totally over made-up in that picture above, @peace – I would prefer the blue wig version than this "clean and trashy" with too much foundation on her face!

August 12, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Hey MAP! The only thing I can say is, she needs bangs, too much forehead. Other than that, I think she looks good. I'm on a ph, so I can't say anything about the foundation. Lol!

August 12, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I think she could use a good shampoop with corn nibblet conditioner. It will give her hair a lovely shine.

August 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

She's got old lady make-up on. HOw old is she, like 28? She looks 45 (hollywood 45) years old with that thick thick foundation and b!tchy eye make-up.

August 13, 2013 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Exactly who is her fan base? I stopped listening to music like this back when I was a tween. I agree, Peace, bangs would probably help. Way too much forehead. It distracts from her boobs hanging out. lol...

August 13, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

HAhaha! It's like – Conservative face – CRAZY BOOBS!!!

August 13, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. palintwit

Q: What's the difference between tea party patriots and the people of Walmart?
    A:There is none.

August 12, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sokman

"MTV calls "Roar" Perry's "most purposeful single to date," and "the empowerment anthem to end all empowerment anthems. ..." Let's hope to God that's true, MTV, because we're going to hold you to this statement and hold you accountable if another liberal feminazi anthem hits the airwaves.

August 12, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  11. Peace ☮

I almost didn't recognize her w/o the weird colors in her hair. That's a good look for her, hope she keeps it.

August 12, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. Katy's B( o )( o )BS

healthy couple...they have a healthy relationship...

August 12, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |