Desiree rebounds from tears on 'The Bachelorette'
August 6th, 2013

Desiree rebounds from tears on 'The Bachelorette'

Last week on "The Bachelorette," Desiree was heartbroken to discover that Brooks - the finalist she truly fell in love with - just wasn't that into her.

But with two finalists left, Des rallied on Monday's "Bachelorette" finale to figure out if either of the contenders could be the right guy for her.

With Chris Harrison urging her on, Des agreed to hold a rose ceremony even though we'd already had an elimination. I was hopeful they'd skip the roses and go straight to the tequila.

When it was rose ceremony time, Chris H. told Drew and Chris S. that it wasn't his role to let them know Brooks left. So why did he tell them? Nevertheless, Desiree gave roses to both of the last men standing as they pledged to win her heart.

Yet Desiree's date with Drew never really got off the ground. After a quick horse ride, Desiree determined that Drew wasn't the one and eliminated him. Drew thanked Desiree for being honest before walking to the "van of shame" (the horses mysteriously disappeared).

While she was preparing for her date with Chris S., Desiree noted the two of them have a connection. If that involves drinking rainbow-colored beverages and standing on catamarans, then I see love on the horizon!

Plus, Chris S. said he'd "fallen in love" with Desiree, believing the two have an "awesome bond."

Desiree later introduced Chris S. to her family, which led to much fashion-related comedy. Chris S. opted to attend the soiree in a blah T-shirt and sweatpants - maybe it's me, but the "getting up from a nap" look typically isn't a hit with parents. Desiree's brother, whom you may remember dressing down Sean Lowe on last season's "The Bachelor," wore a prison stripe top that oddly matched the cushions on the furniture Desiree and Chris S. sat on.

Desiree's family appeared to approve of Chris S. - and I only say that because we barely heard a peep from her mother - so we moved on to the proposal.

The whole event seemed to take 10 hours to complete, as it included a "knee fakeout" and Desiree being "open" about Brooks' departure. But Desiree admitted that Brooks almost made her miss out on Chris S., meaning we had a winner.

So let's try this again: knee, ring, proposal, acceptance, crowd goes wild! Somewhere out there, show spoiler king "Reality" Steve Carbone - who stuck with Brooks as the winner until the end - is banging his head on his laptop.

The "After the Final Rose" special was basically what longtime "Bachelor"/"Bachelorette" viewers know to expect from these episodes. Desiree and Chris S. confirmed their love but haven't set a wedding date, and Brooks showed up to congratulate Desiree on her engagement.

What did you think of the "Bachelorette" finale - did Desiree make the right choice?

1. M.A.P.

I gotta tu-rd in my pocket and y'know it's satisfied yeah (boom chakka chakka, boom)
    I gotta sloppy little fellow hanging from my supple behind yeah (boom chakka chakka, boom boom)
    And when he gets a little smushy, I have to send him flushing – WOOOOoo I love pooooo! Wooo I love pooooo OOOOooo!

August 8, 2013 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. matchmillionaire

Wow… My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy man,
    They met through ~~ HookUpŔich dot com ~~ a good place to talk with successful wealthy guys and beautiful classy women (athletes,doctors,CEOs,models,lawyers,celebrities,etc….)perhaps you can have a try. Good luck to you.ghfjdf

August 7, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. dfgdfgdfgdfgrt

… Unbelievable…wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ ~ SèèkingRich.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.

August 7, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lola

She was crying like hell when the gay guy from Utah left her on the show, and now she's happily engaged. A truly s-l-u-t made for TV show. :)

August 7, 2013 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kathy

I don't think Des and Chris will last. Did you see the way she reacted when she saw Brooks on the final rose? I think she just settled for second best because Brooks did not love her, or maybe he did??? I think she will try to make the relationship work, but I foresee a break up in the future. Just like Emily and Jef. I knew that would never work, from day one.

August 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Anon

I don't see it lasting, not because she's still in love with Brooks, but I don't think she's mature enough to get married. I think she rushed into it because she wanted the wedding and fairytale, not because she saw a future with Chris.

August 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Alvarez

I'm not sure who pooped my pants but it wasn't me.

August 6, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Alvarez

I wonder what kind of poop carrying capacity her panties have?

August 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. patricia dolan

Maybe Des needs a nose adjustment from Chris' father to clear out her brain? This lady is confused! If Brooks had wanted her back, Chris would be history.
    As for Chris...this morning he said on air that they had decided for the sake of the relationship that he should only watch the Antigua segments pertaining to him –not Brooks. There's nothing like transparency and full disclosure to start a relationship. Lots of luck!

August 6, 2013 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Gross

I was just hoping that at some point during the season, Desiree would have dropped top and let 'em flop. If only it weren't for those accursed network censors...

August 6, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ME

BITE ME … is that spelled right for you? Typos or not the truth is the truth like it or not.

August 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • grammar check

BITE ME: is that spelled right for you? Typos or not, the truth is the truth; like it or not.

August 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ME

If you ask me the only good part of last night's finale is that Juan Pablo is the next Bachelor. The whole show might be a sham but he's nice to look at! I think once again the show has managed to make a mochary of love and marriage. How can she be so in love and devested over Brooks but a few short days later manage to "see the light" and fall in love with someone else. Nice way to put a pretty bow on it. I cant believe Chris lent himselp to it .... they both must be making a pretty penny from it all. I wonder how long they are obligated to "stay together" to cash in we should ask Ali or Emily ....

August 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kris

Chris was the only one who was marriage material. Best choice. Drew and Brooks seem more gay than straight. Both wanted to advance their modeling careers. Brooks is wishy washy....non-committal. Maybe Drew and Brooks will marry??

August 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • cukie

Agreed. Chris and Des looked like a match from the beginning to me. Both very silly, shallow, and poor at expressing themselves. But they are great together. The other 2 guys need haircuts.

August 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Laura

I'm sorry about your situation with (I'm guessing) your girlfriend, but I think maybe you posted on the wrong article. Good luck with your situation, though!

August 6, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. M.A.P.

Your birthname = Pieca. Pieca Sh!t.

August 7, 2013 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |