Rihanna and Chris Brown through the years
August 6th, 2013

Chris Brown's thinking of quitting music

Chris Brown's next album might also be his last.

The 24-year-old performer tweeted Tuesday that he's considering an early retirement from music.

"Don't worry mainstream America," Brown said. "After this X album, it'll probably be my last album."

The "X" album he's referring to is due August 20, but most of the press Brown's been generating lately has nothing to do with his professional life.

Last month, a judge revoked his probation because of allegations that he didn't give his license and registration to another driver after a minor traffic accident.

Although two of the charges against the singer were soon dropped, MTV reports that Brown was booked on the hit-and-run charge Monday at a Los Angeles County jail and released within minutes. He now awaits a hearing on August 16, when a trial date will be set to determine if the probation revocation should hold.

If it does, the singer could wind up being ordered to serve part of the original five-year sentence that was imposed after he was convicted in the 2009 assault of his ex, Rihanna.

With so much concentration on his legal troubles, Brown said Tuesday that the fame that comes with it isn't worth it.

"Being famous is amazing when it's for ur music and talent," he tweeted. "I'm tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18. I'm cool & over it!"

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown • Music

1. AGOD

Oh this can't be America talking to a gifted African-American now all of a sudden your politically correct and socially correct if this is not the devil speaking themselves how do you have a right to talk bad about this man when your ancestors from this country has inflicted tremendous atrocities against the African-American race and still do so that they systematically and no one is ever charged these people or is said anything about charging these people all across America African-Americans were being hauled by one's ever been the trial for whole towns murder and killing people calling themselves the Ku Klux Klan.

The birth of a nation no wonder we are hated throughout the world as hypocrites now you have the nerve to even go around the post yourself as being a democracy is civilized you need to pay for the crimes you committed against African-Americans and employees are ahead culture and made millions and millions of crimes committed against these people and no one's ever been brought to trial we can take a look at Tulsa Oklahoma Black Wall Street alone tells the character of this country.

But don't worry the judgment of America is coming very soon and when it does, to look back in history and see which you done to Chris Brown's ancestors we're nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who gives you the right to judge any anyone take a look in the mirror at yourself before you open your mouth against this young man you're not perfect you are far from perfect and I can prove it the day America mess with China will be its last time as America need to pay her bills to the rest of the world especially China this country is on its way to hell because of the crimes committed against the African-American race.

A moral reparation is no justice no nothing definitely and systematically criminalize the black youth of America may God surely judge this country severely America's so-called mistakes far worse than what Chris Brown had a spat with his girlfriend of sure most of you seen your mother and father get into a fight family members friends it was just the simply misunderstanding and now you want to crucify him because he's African-American why would we want to stay in this country anyway this races cheap filthy cesspool of a country with its corporate concrete jungles.

It's conspiracy to put drugs in the community and dehumanize the African-American race there is nothing but a bunch of witches and devils they came to this country there were kicked out of England and now we know why !!!!
    This is nothing but the whole truth so help me God. Don't believe me check history starting with the American Indians I'm just a historian report the real facts and last but not least let us not forget the brave men and women with stood up up against this demonic forces.

From John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy to Martin Luther King to everyone who's ever tried to stand up they mostly get chilled environment that they have murder our presidents and our leaders in this country Chris Brown is not even near the tip of this Iceberg!!!!
    I pray we find the backbone to stand up for what is right and not across the world but in this country before we go around police in the world you to correct injustices committed against ourselves !
    I remain AGod !!

September 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • ND

My ancestors were enslaved in concentration camps and murdered for doing what is morally right. My family hid jews during the Holocaust, some of which died for standing true! My great Uncle was torcherd for being gay, and hung by the neck. It was not my German friends and colleauges that did these acts. It was not my neighbors that hung my relative by the neck. As a gay man myself, who has been physically and emotionally abused for my orientation, I feel that struggle. And having devoted much of my life to becoming an Anthropologist and studying the African Diaspora, I better understand. Of course I will never know what it is like to be Black, but I have learned to be color conscious and view this country from African eyes. Progress comes with responsibility, action, and acceptance. But not blame, and hate. Be the better person you know are, and set aside anger, and replace with determinance.

October 27, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shep

Did you miss your medication again, Kanye?

October 28, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotAWomanBeater

Wish your ancestors learned how to use punctuation. And the whole "down with the white man" thing was so pre Obama. In the history of atrocities, American slavery is not that bad. If you are mad then go yell at a slave owner.

October 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ShawnDH

Okay BYE Chris Brown! This guy is a breathing hemorrhoid. He's a vile human being.

August 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. michsie

good luck

August 27, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. idiot

Quit the music.... to join female UFC.

August 27, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Messay Zeudu

The day you raised your hand on R, is the day you'e done!.....still surprise that you'e still around. Get a life dude!!

August 27, 2013 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hawke

But Chris Brown has never been involved in music. Listen to him sometime. You'll agree with me. Music has nothing to do with what Chris Brown does. I doubt anyone will miss him if he retires.

August 27, 2013 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. august 28 2012

sept 1 we had it--sorry but she had no right doing what she did....we had too remain

August 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. StoicAtheist

Wait...when did he start?!?! Well at least now he can devote more time to female battery and general hoodlumery

August 23, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. PA

He makes the statement, "...I'm tired for being famous for a mistake I made when I was 18." A mistake? Perhaps you can compartmentalize it as just that. However, "mistakes" that affect the lives of others in such a destructive way are more than just your average, I-shouldn't-have-called-you-that-name. Mistakes that are based on an abusive behavior towards another person are generally not viewed as just "mistakes" by others.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Brown's music – even before his abuse towards Ri-Ri. He's just "average" in my opinion, with nothing that separates him from the hundreds of thousands of other "average" entertainers out there. Sadly for Chris Brown, because of his average talent as an entertainer, his "mistake" has completely overshadowed and eclipsed his AVERAGE talent.

I agree with Chris on this one point: your time to step aside and pursue another career path is long overdue. Get on with your life and make a productive spectacle of yourself...but privately.

August 22, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JAMI

You'll Never Know – JAMI

Hey rock and roll let's change your name
    You go and play your video game
    Hey rock and roll now why so mean
    I'm going back to New Orleans
    You'll never know...

Hey rock and roll now where you been
    I'll never come this way again
    Hey Rock and Roll I'm where you're at
    You'll never know listening to that

You'll never know
    You'll never know

Hey rock and roll you changed your tune
    I couldn't change that you're a fool
    Hey rock and roll give rap a chance
    Welfare ain't a job so pull up your pants
    Hey rock and roll why don't you stay
    You went and threw it all away

You'll never know
    You'll never know

You'll never know the songs that linger in my memory
    You'll never feel a melody the way I have
    You can't appreciate the songs you've never heard before
    And I'll never ever come this way again

Hey rock and roll now all things change
    You go and hip your hop away
    Hey rock and roll you show your age
    You're gonna be like me someday
    Hey rock and roll I thought you died
    You won't believe who keeps me alive

You'll never know
    You'll never know

August 21, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. doc her

i have 2 finish packing-3 hacking hoe has beens...

August 18, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. In order get the hack i had too act...kapeesh...

your a washed up embarrassment too the town, too your plant store and most of all your boyfriend....you have 142 people watching you look like a fool this morning.....i do the talking and you 3 do the hacking and the staff docs it...

do i say doc her for my health nooooooooo...that is a code which means file it...your washed up and your sloppy at what you do and the fact that your boyfriend tolerates its is a lmao riot.

August 18, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. Do you not get the fact that i never speak too anyone on the phone...cuz i gotz 5 phones..

What we do is called the 3 hacking hoe logs...

August 18, 2013 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. When i talk too myself on a phone it is too attract you to hack into the call...

you know its a fake call...the only reason why i laugh and giggle is too get you on the log. do you understand
    how much you have no regard for anyone? you can't even hack well...it is a laugh a minute...sure it is annoying but it is worth when 3 dummie hoe's make the weekly log....

August 18, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. You were present for 20 conversations(i do not have the log) stating the basement was the stage...

right now there are 142 people watching you...when i saying something make sure you listen...this is the stage too get the hack that's all it was.. 250 people watching 3 hoe's...this is just stage i have access to all comments, i have access to everything, these machines were just the stage too make you and the other 2 look like an idiot......babe...this is wall street...

this is not 3 hoe's....you were there when we said midge is just on stage and everyone is watching the 3 hoe's you were hacked in during those conversations and i have the log.

You heard me say i have a weekly log of phone hang ups that go in phone company security, you heard me say i recieved a weekly report the 3 hoe's and what they are doing on computers...my hacked in computers...you heard me say all of it by phone.......daz why your a washed up hoe.

August 18, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. bigd

This clown is still in music?

August 18, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jonny Walker Redd

He would become a femal roller derby player but he is not tuff enought, a wanna be thug who beat chicks, skrews the neighbors & THINKS he's a musician??

August 15, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mac machine is fine doc her doc her

August 14, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  19. Danimal

Wow, there sure is a lot of love and support displayed here for you Chris. Your dance moves had promise years ago, but you've shown who you really are many times since then. Once you quit music, if that's what you are calling it, please find a job that doesn't involve contact with any people. Dig ditches or hunt for fishing worms. Maybe become a magician and disappear forever.

August 14, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jeanette

GOOD for him! One less idiot the papz have to chase behind and so called journalist have to write about. Spoiled, arrogant brat choosing to play victim. People all around this country are still paying for "mistakes" they made when they were younger, why should he be any different? He hasn't learned his lesson at all. He cant control his anger.

August 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. renal diet

Good post. I find out something more tough on different websites everyday. It will always be stimulating to learn content from other writers and employ a little something there. I’d prefer to use some with the written content on my blog site whether anyone don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link in your web blog. Thank you for sharing.
    renal diet https://www.facebook.com/pages/Health-support-for-kidney-dialysis/602479993137862

August 10, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Hex Angel

We can only hope he actually does what he said he's going to do. He's a crappy "musician" anyway.

Woman beating piece of trash doesn't deserve any of the money or the fame.

August 10, 2013 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  23. Phuck Upp

If he really means it, this could be the first smart thing he's ever done. The next move should be to disappear from public view. Noone gives a sheet about this loser. He compares himself to Jesus!? Go to heaven, chris.

August 8, 2013 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  24. M.A.P.

Another spoilt little bratty kid who thinks hes tough gansta sh!t. He's a piece of human sh!t with some cash. Once a woman beater, always a woman beater. Did you hear what he screamed at the woman who's car he hit? "You think you better than me cause you got money? I got more money than you b!tch". Wow Chris, so mature and so calm! Such a great person! Put him the electric chair.

August 8, 2013 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
    • AGOD

You Should Know Because You saw your father do this to your mother !!

September 1, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Chris

Dear Chris,

what a cheap way to sell your album! Of course you are not even thinking of retiring, but it so easy to say, afterwards, that you have changed your mind. because people were devastated by your retirement.

One can be a coward in many more ways than one (... meaning not only by beating someone weaker than you).

August 7, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Fuzzy Grapes

Hopefully he's thinking of quitting breathing too.

August 7, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. pmmarion

OH the HORROR!!!!

August 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Joseph D Dancer

Woe is me. Boo Hoo Hoo. Cry me a river. -Sounds like wounded duck syndrome, wuss. Man up, PUNK!

August 7, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Brian

The maker of auto-tune must be in tears.

August 7, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Grazia

He had an Epiphany! Thank God!

August 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Hootowl

Is he going to become a boxer? Or just that guy who beat up a woman? Either way, he is nothing but a punk.

August 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. john sharpe

Who? Well at least today, there was some GOOD news for music fans!

August 7, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. cinematt

Listen carefully. That's the sound of no one caring.

August 7, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Bigdog

Watch out ladies. This guy has more time on his hands now

August 7, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Leopold

I think my prayers have been answered. I have prayed to Jesus, Satan, Allah, Cthulu, and Zeus to spare my ears from more Chris Brown music and finally it may happen.

August 7, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • DustysDad

Amen! I wouldn't cross the street to see him much less listen to him.

August 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Des Perado

Yo…Chris…how convenient that you’re “cool”—that’ll come in handy, pray tell
    Because wife-beaters and thugs get no air in a jug and burn forever in Hell !!!

August 7, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  37. timelord7202

I had no idea he was in music, but didn't he treat his wife's face like a drum when hitting on it?

August 7, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. t3chsupport

Being talentless and annoying, the only thing that would ever keep him famous is mistakes, a la Lindsay Lohan. Good riddance.

August 7, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kevin

He was supposed to play our city until all the sponsors bowed to public outrage and pulled the plug... I was so sad, lol

August 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Marilyn

Don't tease me now...

August 7, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Patines

Who ever told this crap that he was a singer?

August 7, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Kanye Worst

How will we know whether he's quit?

August 7, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  43. AhPoorChris

Ahhhhh... feel sorry!! .... lets all go out and buy his album ...He needs our support Y'all. Anyone got an extra punchin' bag we can send him in jail?

August 7, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  44. RhiRhi

Pffft, Cheezy better realize he's not even in the game anymore before I Tina Turner him in the forehead with one of my heels.

August 7, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Bill Ball

Chris who?

August 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sam

It's cutting into his domestic violence time.

August 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Socrates

Who gives a crap about what this woman beating thug does.

August 7, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. kamakiriad

Or, he could retire from being a woman-beating idiot with anger issues. Nah! Easier retiring from music.

Only time will tell, but it seems inevitable at this point that he will some day kill Rhianna, and there will be no excuse left for him to manufacture.

August 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. lathebiosas

Chris Brown never made music, so no big deal...........

August 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  50. northerstar

Is he really stup$d enough to believe that his problems are due to his being famous? He might be party correct; he would not likely be able to beat the crap out of famous women had he not been famous.

August 7, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Boo Fall

You have 2 be less moody upon your return-however it will be very very very long trip but try too be happy upon your return...we will both be away and when we return we could be at some agreement for fall friendship.

August 7, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Thanks

you get the boobs but you have too be nice.

August 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Shamma Lammadingdong

Can he go ahead and quit life while he's at it?

August 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Boo?

She is so not for you.

August 7, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jane

I told you Rihanna was a putz.

August 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  56. t2vodka

Yeah right, with all his legal troubles he probably is going broke. He is just saying this so he will get record sells, then he will change his mind and make another album.

August 7, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Boo Hoo

Twenty-four and his reputation is already shot. He'll never get past his past. Now if he would just take Justin Beiber with him!

August 7, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bob

He should have quit 6 albums ago. I guess the music industry finally beat him into submission.

August 7, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mark

He's quitting music to spend more time with his family.

RUN LIKE HELL GIRL!!!

August 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. jim

Plans to go back to being on the down low in his old ghetto!

August 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Stig

One can only hope

IMHO calling that drivel music is an insult to Marvin, Aretha, Motown, Stax, Otis etc etc
    It's hard to tell which is worse Beiber, Miley etc or a bunch of no talent Gangsta wannabees.

Our Culture and music are circling the pan thanks to empty suit Corporate stooges, Black & White don't support this drivel, do see a local band or join your own, don't let the "Suits" win !!

August 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Gilda

Good!!! Can't wait!!!! He is worthless and more ways than music anyway.

August 7, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Celia

You big baby!! you are an abuser of women...period....your carer should have ended anyways...loser!!!

August 7, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alice

Hater

August 7, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

@Alice – you stupid f–king piece of crapp, why you calling everyone a hater? It's so frustrating anytime anyone says anything critical about a loser celebrity like Brown – who is only famous for punching a woman in the face and threatning to klill her – you get some dumb 15 year old girl calling you a "hater". Yes Ima "hater" of Chris Brown and female sympathizers such as yourself. You are the kind who say Rihanna was asking for it. I hope one day karma shows you how it feels to be beaten by someone bigger and stronger than you. TO be made to feel poweless. B!tch.

August 8, 2013 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  64. Hi.

i mean all the "issues".. has too but "way too long" for that type of situation.

August 7, 2013 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  65. widow

He made music?

August 7, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. AnnC

Good....he needs to go away. And next Kanya West.

August 7, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. just bob

Making and performing "music" must have been taking up too much of his woman beating time.

August 7, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben Davidson

Yeah, from what I can tell – he never made music. So he should definitely avoid attempts in the future.

August 7, 2013 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Way too long for that type of travel...

nah...not me

August 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Emperor Vadik, CA

Oh please mister Brown...

...don't threaten us like that...

...BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

...good riddance women abuser....

August 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. MonkeyFace

Chris Brown's thinking of quitting music

Time for less thought and more action.

August 7, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  71. David

He's a musician? News to me...guess I'm just not "cool".

August 7, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • lathebiosas

No, you're cool. You're just cool with good music taste so you've never heard of him.

August 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  72. TLORop

Who cares? He's a talent less looser.

August 7, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. D.J.

Who is he kidding??? Chris Brown is way to narcissistic to give up fame and the spotlight. Even if he were to quit the music business, he'd still end up in the news on a regular basis for something dumb that he's done. He always refuses to take ownership for his "mistakes" .....nor learn from them. How about he mentally grow up, be a man and take responsibility for his actions and learn from them so he'll stop doing dumb things OVER AND OVER....and then maybe people would truly focus on only his music.

August 7, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Spoilt little arrogant BRATS like Chris Brown will never be men. They will be spoilt little rich boys until they die (hopefully soon from a drug overdose).

August 8, 2013 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  74. parvo00

"... World Rejoices."

August 7, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  75. conoclast

Nobody "gives up" music-unless of course they weren't very musical to start with. Saying you're giving up music is like saying you're giving up masturbation! Good luck with that Mr. Brown!

August 7, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MonkeyFace

I gave up masturbation when I discovered that I couldn't...er...master it.

August 7, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  76. MikesOpinion

Thank you CB for making the ultimate sacrifice and quitting "music"!!!!!! Sadly, I feel this is just a ploy to raise interest in some new recording.

August 7, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Jim

Uh, what does this guy have to do with music, anyway? I mean, you know...music. The real stuff.

August 7, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  78. PorkBarrel

I'm assuming he won't be pursuing a second career in neurosurgery or rocket science?

August 7, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Chris

Good now when I say my full name people will stop asking me about Riri. Thanks Chris for giving all of us Chris Brown's a bad name.

August 7, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  80. braedyn

Music? More like aural cholesterol.

August 7, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Carl

I guess he wants to spend more time beating his family.

Yeah, everyone else probably already said that.

August 7, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  82. DEE

He makes music? I thought he just spent most of his time beating up women.

August 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. MK

Yes, you made a mistake when you were 18-19... but that hasn't been your only mistake, nor have your mistakes been small or in the past.... they have been pretty big and as recent as last week. Stop making excuses.... that's for both CB as well as most of the media and public in accepting you.

August 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  84. SeriouslyThough

Gawd, we can only hope he does quit music. There's nothing redeeming about this guy, not his voice, not his talent, nor his personality. He has none of these.

August 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  85. oobies

If he meets the right person he will be fine.

August 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Brian

Who Cares ??? !!!

August 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Dan

Who?
    And I am not trying to be funny. I have NO idea who this guy is

August 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Steven Colo

He'll be a full time criminal instead of part time now?

August 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  89. behonest

After reading most of the comments, I realized I don't really need to voice my opinion any more.

August 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Katz

Oh no, could it be? We should only be so lucky that he goes away and we never have to see him again. While your going can your take the Kardashians, Kanye West, Lohann etc. Believe me non of them would be missed.

August 7, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  91. WeWish

Promises...Promises...

August 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Mark

yeah right. i'm retiring, too........and I haven't started yet

August 7, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  93. M.A.P.

When offered the chance to make a comment on this story, Brown reportedly replied: "Ooga Booga."

August 7, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Rock

He made music?

August 7, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Relationship

Chris and Rihanna are done–they have been done for a long time.

August 7, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  96. KarmaBurns

So will he be beating women full time then? I was under the impression there was no Pimping in his future. Rhi-rhi had better run, when they feel bested those kind of people (i mean violent men and women period) will lash out big and loud to those successful people around them. He might go nuclear on her and kill her this time. Oh and by the way, Chris, good riddance..you are a jerk.

August 7, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jeffty

Let's put him and Kanye in a room and see if they cancel each other out!

August 7, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • GayleJo

I really, really like your idea. LOL !! I can't stand either one, Chris or Kanye......

August 7, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Quitter

The irony here is that he says he's quitting because, "I'm tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18. I'm cool & over it!" What he'll find out in his post "music and talent" life is that he'll still end up in the news and spotlight for his "mistakes".

August 7, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Dixie Normas

What can we do to convince him to go thru with it?

August 7, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Quitter

Right after this album and the tour that goes with it, he's done. Finished. Quitting. Gone. Until his next album.

August 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Sam C.

Nice, celebrity god class can hit spouses whenever they want and "retire" at 24.

August 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jed

People will rush out to buy his "final album". Then he can have a comeback album and tour in five years when his money runs out. Retirement announcements don't mean squat.

August 7, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Trev

Heh, judging from the comments here, he should have quit a long time ago.
    Bye bye, woman-beating dip$h1t!

August 7, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  104. DLC

I am not a fan of him. Just because your girlfriends forehead is big enough to project a movie on, is no reason to punch her out.

August 7, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Shills

Fine with me!

August 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Jay David

Good move. Then he'll be able to devote himself full-time to doing what he does best...being a loser.

August 7, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Sit Stay

Can he convince Kanye to quit what he calls music as well?

August 7, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Frankie

Other Breaking news: Kim Kardashian may give up "acting."

August 7, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. boofer

chris brown is in the music industry? hahahaahaha...ya, right.

August 7, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  110. HarleMan

What a waste of time, this POS won't serve one second of jail time. He will though get a stern warning from the Judge to shape up or I will give you a stronger warning next time you are before me....

August 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Ron G

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEHH!!!
    Good riddance.

August 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Daniel

OKay. BYE! No talent whatsoever.

August 7, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jackie Marlow

Q: What do you say to a girl with two black eyes?
    A: Nothing, you said it twice already.

August 7, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dude

The joke goes "what do you Tell a girl" ....Nothing because you already told her twice

August 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  114. KeyLimePie

I love how Chris Brown twists everything around like, "Oh poor me, everyone is still mad about the Rihanna crime. If you don't leave me alone, I won't make music anymore". Gee, some threat. Chris, you never did time for beating up Rihanna. So first, do that. Secondly, you never had a hit song. So nobody cares if you quit music. No, you are NOT cool. And it doesn't matter if you're "over it" because guess what? You are still on probation! It's not over until a judge says it's over. And of course Chris Brown will continue to try to make music. It's the only way his delusional ass can get paid.

August 7, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Wayne

Was I supposed to be aware that he existed? Or care? Because I wasn't, and I don't.

August 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  116. tiffer72

Yes. Because a narcissist like him could just move out of the spotlight permanently and be OK with that. Unfortunately, we'll be hearing from this bonehead as long as there are boneheads out there willing to shill out money for his "music."

August 7, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Ryan

Now if we could only get him to quit life.

August 7, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Mark

Oh please! As if he's capable of making a principled decision regardless of the paychecks he'd be losing. He's a woman beating thug who (like many of them) instinctively try to get pity from people with sob stories. That's why women like Rhianna come back to pieces of crap like him.
    They pull out that pity card every time. Chris Brown uses it on his fans too. He's suck a cliché woman beater. "Oh poor me, no one understands me, how long must I pay for my mistakes, I think I might actually just quit the music industry altogether and go live in a cave.".
    Ya right! You'll be living in a cave soon enough buddy. It's just that the entrance will have bars on it!

August 7, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Chris Brown

My daddy once told me, "Do one thing and do it GOOD!" So I gonna beat on Rihanna, her mom, her sister, her friends, then I gonna beat on Rihanna again. Then I gonna beat my meat like it owes me money.

August 7, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Johnny 5

Music? you call that music? He's only quitting something he never started.

August 7, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  121. "Chris Brown's thinking......"

I call BS. As soon as I saw the word "thinking" I knew this was a false flag. He doesn't know HOW to think.

August 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  122. EP Sato

I'd say "good riddance" but retirements in music have as much sticking power as retirements in pro boxing. When a guy like Chris Brown has to give up the limelight, the money, the women and the attention, he's not likely to take it well.

It's one thing to be out of the limelight because your music stops charting. But to take oneself out of the game before it's legitimately one's time? That always goes wrong.

That said, it's the public who should retire Chris Brown. He keeps claiming he's sick of being known for his criminal act. Well, he should of thought of that before he started bashing Rihanna. There's no one to blame here but himself, and it's clear through his actions that Chris Brown has taken ZERO responsibility for his actions. I won't support Chris Brown. I change the station when he's on the radio and stopped listening to any and all of his collaborators/enablers. This includes Talib Kwali, who I happen to be a big fan of. Someone's got to draw a line somewhere.

August 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Chris Brown

I HAFTA quit! How is I gonna make muzik wif all dis blood on my swollen paws? Da beatch no sooner heals up an I hasta punch her out agin.

August 7, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really

Despite your need to provide a racist response to this article, I am sure of two things. 1. You never made ANY mistakes in your life as clearly you are a top notch human beaing. And 2. You harbor no ill wll thats this African American could buy and sell your worthless tail 30 times over. You could have voiced your opinion without using your predjudice language that you think all blacks speak in. This guy is, or was, a woman beating jerk, but I have never heard him speak the way your post suggest. I surely hope you dont think domestic abuse is a crime just for Blacks.?. If so, please google white entertainers and domestic abuse. It may cause you to remove the white sheet and open your eyes.

August 7, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • t2vodka

Ummm, making Chris's speech sound stupid is not racist at all, quit being so sensitive you cry baby. My god, I make fun of my accent along with everyone else accent. My god, grow a pair.

August 7, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Really, do you think it is ok to beat women? Why are you sympathizing? You need to get over your own insecurities and stop being oversensitive – that post was not rac-ist.

August 8, 2013 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  124. Hot Carl

.....so he can beat the crap out of Rhianna full time. She's a handfull.

August 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  125. sideofbacon

best news I've heard all day!

August 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  126. john from los angeles

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! – que Handels the Messiah chorus up and blast at max volume! Now if he can just go away forever too....

August 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  127. John

Sure. I believe that about as much as I belive he will never hit another woman.

August 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Bubba

Oh no, God please no. James Brown's music is amazing......... wait,.... what,..... Chris Brown?
    Who the heck is Chris Brown, and why should we care if he quits music????

August 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Cap 1 HD-- open gotz too run...

grazie

August 7, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Bye Bye

GOOD RIDDANCE!

August 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  131. snowdogg

He's going to focus on his new clothing line... wifebeater shirts.

August 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  132. citizenUSA

Chris,
    You make a good point. If you were Lindsay Lohan I would say dropout. Unfortunately, as stated in the messages, people likely won't forget whether your in or out of the biz. If others can't get passed the fact that you have changed, (despite little stupid stuff we ALL do), who cares? You have your life. Don't let others dictate how you live it. After a year you'd be wanting to let out that talent of yours anyway. It's very difficult for creative people to squash that in themselves. I was against you when the whole thing with Rihanna happened but I do think you have at least learned that you don't hit women. Maybe showing more, that you are still sorry about all that, and do some community service helping battered women or something. Don't just throw money at it though. You're a smart guy, you can have your fun without all the drama. You just have to go about it the right way.

August 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Who Are You Talking To?

You are typing out a response as if you are speaking to Chris Brown. Delusional.

August 7, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • citizenUSA

To, Who Are You Talking To?,

How do you know Chris Brown is not reading this or someone he knows who'll show him what some wise person wrote while they make fun of some dolt who didn't realize this article has quotes from Chris so I guess it's not as delusional as you think to get so personal. And since I WAS NOT talking to you, fug-off!

August 7, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • t2vodka

Doing little things we all do? Excuse me but I've never hit or beaten a woman and never would. I would restrain her, leave her, or anything else but that unless she was trying to kill me. A male hitting a female is a big deal, it can easily do permanent damge. Womens bodies are not as strong or dense as a males, we can take way more force before actual damage is done.

August 7, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

@citizenUSA – What does he have to do to lose your respect. Kill your mother? Or is that another "stupid little thing we ALL do". You are an apologist for an arrogant self absorbed woman beater. Hope your proud of that. Oh and your comment was in no way "wise".

August 8, 2013 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  133. blp

If only......

August 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  134. ahbuhbyenow

he should quit life. do the rest of us a favor and give us back our oxygen.

August 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • He has suffocated about a dozen years now...

its time for him too move on and see life again.

August 7, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Bye 35...good knowing you....

one more week too go...

August 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  136. sassbutt

And nothing of value was lost!

August 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  137. sumhayseed

Oh Please, oh please, oh please, oh please......

August 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Beautiful People

He is the only young dancer that can put me in a trance when he moves...full of energy like MJ.

good luck chris don't leave for long--kids need the dance!

August 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Old Soldier

Chris Brown actually made "music"? Chris Brown is to music as a Bronx cheer is to perfume...

August 7, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • fsasrsts

the music is not number 1 its the dance everyone went crazy about....mj's music at times was ok man in the mirror, earth song...the dance is what drove everyone crazy.

August 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  140. garwin1

OK, See ya.

August 7, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Canuck

He is supposed to be coming to New Brunswick, Canada for some concerts. Wouldn't think he should be allowed to cross the border with his probation being revoked.

August 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Rich

Is he going to take up beating women full time?

August 7, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Chriss

I will miss you dear– take care

August 7, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Charles

He will be missed. A great entertainer and artist.

August 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Jon Bon Jokester

Please Chris, please quit music

And quit beating women.

August 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Jack

It wouldn't effect me if he quit the music industry.... I will just cross my fingers that he takes that dumpster Rihanna with him. They deserve each other.

August 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  147. JealousDrums

you don't have too make music too love music, you do not have too play music too love music you do not have too do anything too loves music...put the radio on and listen....

August 7, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Jack 63

Guess his music is getting in the way of his real passion of woman beating.

August 7, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fumes

excuses as usual. men like sports and can watch football 24 hrs a day...do I care no...enjoy

August 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Caitlin

Don't listen to his music, but am quite fine with him quitting music early. He really does need to focus on getting his personal life together.

August 7, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  150. MPinDC

Quit "MUSIC"...doesn't he have to make actual "music" before he can quit it?

August 7, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  151. Hillary

I smell comeback tour with Kanye and the other K's.

August 7, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  152. Loki

no loss

August 7, 2013 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  153. the truth

i wish he'd just quit life

August 7, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  154. Lost Keys

Finally, some happy news being reported! I take back all of my past criticism over the negativity of the American media.

August 7, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  155. priscilla

One can only hope. He has no talent and is a thug.

August 7, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  156. oh please

OH PLEASE
    Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY knows Chris Brown is a whiny lil BYootch! Ya'll.....he aint quitting noting....he is jjust whining for some attention

August 7, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  157. biglifter

I think it's a good move. Now he focus full-time on beating women

August 7, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  158. seanster5977

Like saying Hulk Hogan is giving up ballet dancing. Like he ever was one.

August 7, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  159. WVLady63

And we're supposed to care because???????? If he had any talent it would be different. He's just a thug with money.

August 7, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  160. There goes her old: i will put you on the street routine again..

don't allow yourself too be degraded in front of others by a simple stooge.

August 7, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  161. Meyer C. Dhoates

I heard Chris Brown was going to buy a roadside stand and sell boiled peanuts along State Highway 87 in Georgia.

August 7, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  162. Kzooresident

Quitting the music business requires being part of it in the first place.

August 7, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  163. She is there too

degrade you as everyone can see...we all see it..marrieds tell me this night and day... stay close too who you are...and stay away from being degraded...I have told you 100 times on this blog...YOUR MORE THEN SHE IS....she has no self esteem and brought yours with her....Chin up dear don't follow her mission....

August 7, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  164. lightseeker

He should go into the ministry. He really needs it.

August 7, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  165. MacFriendsOfTheI

spoke to and md about Rihannas...and he said lousy marriage, jealous bitter woman, no s-x

August 7, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  166. and Chrisssss lost .

thanks...

August 7, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  167. Arthur in the Garden!

Who?

August 7, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  168. The 3 stooges

daz how we do it...- mandi see you in the movies....hahahahahahah

August 7, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  169. Bill

The sooner the better!!
    A disgrace to the music biz and a horrible role model for young boys.

August 7, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • ChriSS brown is a poor example

we do not young men or women too understand riri is not a role model or her other 2 entourages are not examples...

we only pull a rocky when we have too....and we did august 28th 2012...sssssssssssssssssss

August 7, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  170. Silky Johnston

Chris Brown should quit life.

August 7, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  171. Chris we are all quitting...

you should too-do not listen too that anymore you are 43 not 34.

August 7, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  172. Bill

"Please, Chris, don't quit!" said absolutely nobody ever.

August 7, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  173. i am sure he like cups to approach

but its not my starbucks –

August 7, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  174. Krandal

Na Na
    Na Na
    Hey Hey

Goodbye.

August 7, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  175. NorCalMojo

Such a shame. It's going to be a sad day in the trailer park.

August 7, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  176. Sure i get mad at firet...

but the fire is still there.

August 7, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  177. Parliament

The firet word that comes to mind?

SO?

The second?

GOOD.

Another talentless creep getting away with myriad crimes that would land most people in prison just because he sold some really lousy records to people with no taste in music or art.

August 7, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • She's done...

your name reminds me of having 1 right now...gee I could go for a cig.

August 7, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • ed dugan

What in the world does chris brown have to do with music? The two couldn't be farther apart.He should stick to beating up women.

August 7, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • its business...

if it was bar she'd jump him–something about the nighttime makes me hornie.

August 7, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  178. We know she's jealous...

we will leave her be...

August 7, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  179. toughcool

"To concentrate on beating woman and treating people like trash."

August 7, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  180. elbob248

Quitting? Based on what I've heard, I didn't know he ever started.

August 7, 2013 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  181. Boo

"Quit music???!!" Is this what this moron calls the product he puts out?

August 7, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  182. Stellario

Walked into that poop also....acting is my life.

August 7, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  183. Anthony

why wait? dont release your next album (im sure it is pure garbage just like all your other albums), and just go ride off into the sunset never to return, please. while you are at it, in your caravan please take with you the Entire Kartrashian family (young and old a like), Paris Hilton, the cast of the Jersey Shore, Nichole Richie, Donald Trump, and all other talent-less pop-tart trash out there today!

August 7, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • His name is not Anthony

Its Stellario doc her.

August 7, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • knicknamed: Stello--No Anthony

phone call in file.

August 7, 2013 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • tdrops

Obviously you took the time to listen to the album and obviously you care because you found the time to post your rant online. I wouldn't care to comment about someone's life/talent/career if I thought they didn't have said talent/career.

August 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Kona

I was unaware that he was actually still in the music industry.

August 7, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • tdrops

To comment on this article, you most definitely have been keeping track of his career, non-existent as you think it is.

August 7, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Left it on on purpose...page came in at starbucks..daz why we left it on...

file it.

August 7, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  186. Letmeknow

i'm surprised he didn't break her face the way he was going at her in the car

August 7, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  187. Linda Anne

totally agree...

August 7, 2013 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  188. Lydia

Good riddance, you no talent, woman beating POS.

August 7, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Diayl

way too toxic-it becomes a gut reaction to slap her...they have too separate.

August 7, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  189. LL

I will not miss his music, I will not miss him. I doubt this will actually be his last album thought......he's a little baby making what he thinks is a threat.

August 7, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"making what he thinks is a threat"

Bummer, I was hoping it was more of a promise than a threat.

August 7, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • L I O L

Let's hope his finally rid of Rihanna .. that is the first step too recovery...he cannot be near this woman..she's too toxic then he winds up slapping her.

August 7, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • RealVoiceOfReason

I totally forgot he even had a music career. Now if we can only get Kanye D Ouche to go away.

August 7, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  190. lovespandas

I agree the what comes out of his filthy mouth is NOT music. He is just another ghetto rat.

August 7, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  191. derp

I guess he will be reverting to his other successful career as a piece of crap ghetto thug.

August 7, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  192. LI Tap

Agreed....

August 7, 2013 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  193. chicago

Rihanna ruined his career...

August 7, 2013 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  194. Pat in IL

No loss to the music world.

August 7, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  195. Brown should GTFO

I can't name a single song he ever sang. I seriously cant humm one tune of his. I didnt even know who he was until he smashed Rihanna face in. What a POS.

August 7, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • When he smashed her face in he was coked up at the time...

Have some remorse for Rihanna.

August 7, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  196. CHECK

M.A.P.

Sense you absolute PIG! Did Brown have to go to Hospital for TREATMENT after Rihanna so brutally assaulted him? NO! BECAUSE ITS A BS LIE AND YOU KNOW IT. Fcuking troll.

August 7, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  197. got it

look at her

August 7, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  198. brown

Promise?

August 7, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  199. Smarter than ewe

Good. He's an embarrassment in so many ways. But his music could be the most embarrassing part. The only reason most people have hear of him is because his right hook followed by a left then two more rights to Rihanna's face. Go to jail and just get it over with. Maybe we'll get lucky and your face will get pummeled by another inmate.

August 7, 2013 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  200. John

Thinking of Quitting? By the sound of his music, I was always under the impression that he was continually failing to start such a career.

He could disappear from the industry immediately and it would be as if he had never come around at all.

My advice to him is to follow the Nike slogan. just do it.

August 7, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  201. JoeG

...and nothing of value was lost.

August 7, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  202. Sense

To all those calling him a woman basher, no one cares about your slander if you did your real research about what happened that night you would have found out that Rihanna hit him beforehand and he simply responded with his own set of blows. The result of that he's labeled a "woman basher" yeah right....

August 7, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

We've all seen the pictures you stupid f-ing apologist.... Just STFU

August 7, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • LOLTim

You obviously lack any Sense. He's a pu$$y, as anyone who beats on a small lady like Rihanna, is just trash, his music is trash, his wana be thug appeal is trash, best thing he could ever do is throw in the towel, to bad West didn't break his neck and do the world a favor.

August 7, 2013 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • sosideirish

Of course, some of these idiots think it's perfectly alright that she attacked him with fists, nails and teeth (while he was trying to drive), but that's perfectly ok because she's a girl? And, of course, that poor "victim" received so much sympathy and publicity that now she's a superstar. He was an 18 year old kid responding to an attack. He's more than apologized for his behavior, made no excuses, and he's paid his dues. Making the rest of his life a living hell is just plain wrong!

August 7, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • King

lmaoooo Brown had more bruises and bandages on his face than Rihanna! We ALL saw the pictures. she beat his ass lmaooooooo

But screw it....people believe what they want to believe.

August 7, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Just for the record. Pay attention. There is NEV-ER, EV-ER, a time when it is okay to hit a woman, men. Esp-ecially a grown man with the power he had over a woman who weighs maybe a c-note wet. There is no excuse, no justification for a man to punish a woman with is power and fists (and teeth, in this case). He could have stopped the car and dropped her off, if she was hurting him so bad with her blows. But, no. He turned and beat her within and inch of her life–and probably would have done worse, if they had been alone. Parents need to teach young men these basic tenants of manhood. It's just never, for any reason, okay. Period.

August 7, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

August 7, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • FCUK U

BETCH

August 7, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Terrell

You must be use to getting your ass beat thats why you think its ok to hit a female.

August 7, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Sounds

like she's had a slap or too in her life...oh well...

August 7, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • LL

Uh, that would make him an ABUSER! Clearly you don't understand basic logic. If she's abusing him, that makes her an abuser. He's allowed to DEFEND himself only. That's not what happened, based on the pictures. So, HE'S an abuser too. Since that time, he's had multiple outbursts proving he has an anger control issue.

August 7, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • EyeMEye

"slander"...I find your use of the word to be a bit misguided. Here is the definition:

slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

For something to be slanderous, it has to be untrue. He did, in fact, beat a woman (pathetic justifications aside).

August 7, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • durrr

Ladies and gentlemen, what you can see here is a Chris Brown fan. Notice the lack of communication skills, thought process, and nervous system. They make claims like violence solving violence, and claim that research can somehow making misogyny attractive in 2013.

August 7, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Steve

Prison inmate will be his new profession if he can't straighten up.

August 7, 2013 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  204. Rhianna

He's retiring so he can devot more time to beating the crap out of me while I'm tied to the bed post. I love that!

August 7, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  205. M.A.P.

That "mistake" you made when you were 18 (you make it sound like you cheated on Rihanna- not that you BEAT THE LIVING SH!T OUT OF HER!!!) cannot be so easily forgiven and forgotten Chris. You never really owned up to it in a respectable way and people think you haven't learnt anything from it. Personally I find you ignorant, arrogant and always trying to play the victim role. A bit of Jail time would do you good. PIG.

August 7, 2013 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

In case anyone is wondering what my comments are about on this blog – i was having an argument with the annonymous hacker troll who leaves 10000's of meaningless messages on here. The messages have now been reported and deleted. Thank you.

August 7, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  206. M.A.P.

Please let it be FOREVER! Hey Chris, you should just "quit life" and leave the planet for reasonable mionded people who dont act like spoilt 15 y.o. girlz.

August 7, 2013 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  207. GinnyG

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please take Kanye with you

August 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • oceanluvver2

Amen!!!! Being famous for talent??? Ha! He's famous for beating up Rhianna. He needs to move to a deserted island off the coast of Egypt. With Kanye and the Kardashians. Also, Jay z and his wife. And Congress. Anyone else??? Please feel free to add to the list.

August 7, 2013 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  208. Bobby Doby

great talent.

August 6, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  209. bob dobalina

Please, Please quit.... "tired of being famous".... sweet geez...what an ego..... just go, go now and leave the music world at peace....and take Justin Beeeeeber with you.....and Celine Dion......

August 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  210. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

He's tired of being famous for something he did when he was 18? Perhaps he should have considered that he would be "famous" for it before he beat the hell out of her then.

August 6, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  211. rbockman

see, there is good news once in a while

August 6, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Kareen

He is quitting music? What music?

August 6, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  213. True Dat

Best decision to ever come out of his fool head.

August 6, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Bye Chris...

See ya around.

August 6, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Oh, REALLY?

Chris Brown is thinking of quitting music? I wasn't aware that he'd even started.

No talent POS.

August 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  216. M.A.P.

You are f–king INSANE! NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!!

August 7, 2013 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  217. M.A.P.

He will forever be labelled as a "woman basher" in many people's minds and will NEVER be forgiven. FCUK forgiveness, this guy should be sent to hell.

August 7, 2013 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |