Ryan Seacrest to host game show with 'insane concept'
August 5th, 2013

Ryan Seacrest to host game show with 'insane concept'

Ryan Seacrest will be back on primetime in September, but you won't find him on Fox.

The busy entertainment personality has lined up a new job as host of NBC's "The Million Second Quiz."

Described as "the ultimate endurance game," players compete in "head-to-head trivia bouts" for 11 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 40 seconds - or a million seconds, NBC says.

Each trivia round, one player sits in the "money chair" and answers as many questions as possible while competing against his or her rival in an opposite chair. The more time spent in "the money chair," the more loot the player can walk away with as every second in the money chair brings in $10.

"Can't wait for u guys to see the new show i'm hosting, Million Second Quiz. Insane concept," Seacrest tweeted on Monday, as NBC announced his new role. "the game will take one million seconds to finish...12 days, unknown bathroom breaks."

That sounds like a big job, but NBC believes Seacrest is the right man to pull it off.

"When people see Ryan Seacrest, whether at the Emmys, the Oscars or New Year’s Eve, he is at the epicenter of national events” Paul Telegdy, NBC’s president of alternative and late night programming, said in a statement. “He is a broadcaster, in all the traditional sense, but also in the most contemporary - he is an accomplished host of live TV and a master of social media and pop culture. This makes him perfect for ‘The Million Second Quiz.’”

The new game show will premiere at 8 p.m. ET on September 9, and will continue through September 14. It'll pick back up on September 16 at the same time, and will air each night until its two-hour finale on September 19.

Filed under: Celebrities • Ryan Seacrest • television

1. refdxcbxcbxbfd43

… Unbelievable…… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~ ~ BlàckWhīteHub.Ç o м~~ They told me it is a Specialist black white dating for black & white singles seeking interracial relationships, dating ,love. Here you will find interracial singles from Brooklyn, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and all the way to Toronto Canada, London England and Sydney Australia ,France, Germany , african american who have joined our love boat. All the best! If you are single, have a try.

August 10, 2013 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ryan

could not resist...

August 8, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. M.A.P.

How many tu-rds does it take till ya get to the center of the hooooooo oooohh!
    How many tur-ds can ya fit up ya toosh if ya crammin hot logs whooaaaayeaah!
    Cramming hot logs back inside the place, filling the space with a fecal grace!

August 8, 2013 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. Krandal

That's INSANE.

August 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fdgdfgderretert

… Unbelievable…wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ ~ SèèkingRich.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try. fgsdfg

August 7, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. ryan

do not follow the stooge path with her...there only mission is is too degrade you.

August 7, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. lance

He should be hosting a Gay Olympic Games or something...lmfao! :)

August 7, 2013 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Poo Ping Dung

I veddy much enjoy this Lyan Seclest. He vewy good on da TV and show that Amelican Ido.

August 6, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sum Ting Wong

I Ruv Ryan Feeclest! He so funny and cute! I hope he like boy like me!

August 7, 2013 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Last night we drank 50 beers between the four of us and Lou kept popping Benzedrine...

because he said it would help keep him awake. I blacked out at some point, right in the middle of the bar and one of the waitresses had me thrown out . Steve puked on the sidewalk by the entrance and some chick waiting to get in got all grossed out by that. We were all laughing hysterically at her. She looked pretty hot though but it may have been the old beer goggles I was wearing at the time. God I feel like crap this morning and have to be at work by 1:00. Basically I'm still drunk. Maybe if I puke I'll feel better. I'll make a grilled cheese sammich and some tomater soup to ease the old tummy. If that comes back up I'll be golden.

August 6, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. Up in Smoke

Smoke says:

August 5, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    hacker troll comments seem to be vanishing almost as quickly as they show up. just like smoke. this is fun…

August 6, 2013 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. ryan

cute guy and he looks amazing

August 6, 2013 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |