Kristen Bell: I'm not in the baby weight rat race
July 26th, 2013

Kristen Bell: I'm not in the baby weight rat race

While new moms Kim Kardashian and the Duchess of Cambridge are being watched for how quickly they can lose the pregnancy weight, Kristen Bell isn't interested in playing that game.

The 33-year-old actress, who just wrapped filming for the Kickstarter-funded "Veronica Mars" movie, tweeted Friday that she's "proud to sit out of the baby weight rat race."

Bell shared a link to a Huffington Post article about her photo shoot for Redbook magazine's September issue, which was taken 11 weeks after the actress welcomed her daughter, Lincoln, with her fiancé, Dax Shepard, in March.

The magazine's editor-in-chief, Jill Herzig, writes that Bell told them she was about 15 pounds heavier than her pre-pregnancy weight when she posed for the cover shot - and that was A-OK with her. The star said that she'd like to return to her pre-baby size, but that she could also accept her body as it is if that doesn't happen.

"If this is where my body wants to be, so be it," Bell told Redbook. "I'm not going to make myself miserable for the rest of my life trying to get back to where I was before."

On Twitter Friday, Bell said she appreciates what she calls her "Lincoln Leftovers."

"I like my Lincoln Leftovers because they're proof I did something extraordinary," she tweeted. "I gave life to my new BFF & she gave me a comical amount of midsection skin."

As Bell told CNN at San Diego Comic-Con, motherhood has being nothing short of amazing.

"She's my best friend," Bell said of daughter Lincoln. "She's 3½ months. Laying there is extremely cute to me. It's ecstasy for me."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. doc her---analyzer

thanks

August 12, 2013 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. eileen stevens

the person who wrote this article knows nothing about pregnancy. Kate Middleton has NO extra weight to lose. She gained the proper amount of weight for a healthy normal pregnancy with no excess fat. The belly she has is normal for a woman who gave birth 2 days before the photo was taken . It takes 6 wks. for the uterus to return to its' pre-pregnancy size. There is also extra blood volume which is produced during pregnancy. The body absorbs most of this, with the rest coming like a heavy menstrual period. There is also extra fluid which will be lost rapidly (fluid weighs a lot) Kate did not have abnormal fluid detention as seen in mothers who eat junk food (high in salt) which Brittany Spears admitted to doing (did not care for the health of her baby, obviously) & it was easy to see she had abnormal fliid retention because she looked bloated. Kate Middleton took care of herself during pregnancy & it shows. She looks great & what a woman is supposed to look like after giving birth. People need to understand the difference between women who get fat in pregnancy and women who gain the healthy amount of weight. Pregnancy does not have to mean getting fat and eating for 2 is an old fashioned myth. You do not need more calories, you need more nutrition. If you are not eating healthy food, you should start BEFORE getting pregnant.

August 12, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Healthy Relationships

the couple above is healthy–that's all that matters, they are young and know what they are doing.

August 12, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. M.A.P.

He has a... er... "unique" smile.

August 2, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. Zippy

Because we all know dieting is only about looks, not healthy living for life, and we wouldn't want her to be "miserable".

Yup, just as extraordinary as the billions of women that have done this before you. But you're unique, right?

"I gave life to my new BFF"

Children don't need you to be their "BBF", you need to be their parent.

It's really a shame how clueless some parents are these days.

July 29, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • dang zippy!

You must be a really miserable person. For once a celebrity is being realistic (and humorous, obviously) and celebrating the birth of their child, and you rip her comments to shreds. Eat a Snickers and back the eff off.

July 29, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sorry Zipster

Sorry Zippy. Your sad attempt to bring the rest of us down with your dry outlook on the article will only go so far. The same however cannot be said for the obvious ovarian/testicular cancer that you are dealing with and has turned you into a bitter, horrible person. Can you feel the spread? Can you smell the infection taking over each organ bringing you closer to realizing that your life has been a waste? Are you happy that I have wasted 2 minutes of my own life typing this? Every shadow is the reaper waiting to embrace you with open arms...remember that as you read the rest of these comments.

July 30, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bartleby

Wow, Z-man, wherefore all this hostility? Are you the guy she dumped in High School? Or were you denied child visitation rights after your last divorce because you beat your kids?

August 8, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. billy

she just became way hotter. confident women that are content with themselves, regardless of their size and shape are inherently more attractive.

July 29, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rhonda Reynolds

They look like a healthy couple...hopefully it is so

July 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |