Blurring the 'Lines,' from Clinton to 'Growing Pains'
July 24th, 2013

Blurring the 'Lines,' from Clinton to 'Growing Pains'

Despite some controversy, Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" has become so prolific it's inspired parodies and an unbelievable mash-up.

Vampire Weekend has already proven just how high they can take a falsetto with their cover of the inescapable summer jam:

And now even former President Bill Clinton is "singing" the track, which also features Pharrell and T.I.

The YouTube channel BaracksDubs, which has previously brought us President Obama's "covers" of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" and LMFAO's "Sexy And I Know It," has posted a different presidential mix.

In the video, Clinton takes the stage to a cheering audience, and proceeds to "sing" Thicke's lyrics, word for word. At times, BaracksDubs rolls out vintage Clinton clips, but the president is clearly emphatic about those "Blurred Lines" R&B crooner Thicke is singing about:

Yet unlike the single's original music video, Clinton's clip doesn't feature any models dancing around in nothing but thongs. Thicke's video was racy enough to get pulled from YouTube, and a new parody version is just as saucy. But instead of scantily clad ladies, the video from Seattle-based group Mod Carousel has reversed the gender roles and shows men grooving in their birthday suits instead.

What Thicke's video really needed, apparently, was a visit from his dad, "Growing Pains" star Alan Thicke. YouTube's The Hood Internet has a remedy for that oversight, too, with the mash-up of the "Growing Pains" theme song and "Blurred Lines." Behold:

Filed under: Music • television

1. M.A.P.

Instead of objectifying and demeaning women, I just figured out how the song could be better used. Listen to Blurred lines with your eyes closed and picture lots and lots of super fat men jumping around in sped up camera motion!! hahah! It sounds like a fat people's song!!! It really does! Just try it!!: hahahaha!

August 2, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. jerry355gmmm

… Unbelievable…wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ ~ Weàlthyluv.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try. gd fgf gf

July 25, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ※Sadie※

This song is a disgrace to all women. The song's lyrics are totally distasteful. Robin Thicke is just so creepy. He acts like a wanna be rapper, but with that high pitched voice, he sounds more like a girly man. Totally creepy. My question, why all the glorification of this song, especially when most women are outraged over it? And the really sad thing about this, this guy is a married man. Does he treat his wife with so much disdain?

July 25, 2013 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. PIGS BELONG ON A FARM MR DICKE

Such a shallow, degrading song.

July 25, 2013 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. M.A.P.

This song is a very cheap attempt at making a summer "se-xy" hit single. The fact that it has succeeded only proves how simple minded and gullible the public is – they swallow this crapp as if it is a great art piece – I guarantee you this song will not be played anywhere in 12 months time, and I hope Mr Ticke will also be gone. Misogyny sells.

July 25, 2013 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Romeo

My hangdown is at full staff right now.

July 24, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Alvarez

There's a trickle of poop running down my leg.

July 24, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Alvarez

That's a big stink nugget.

July 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gross

Ok, I watched the uncensored version of Blurred Lines, and got growing pains in my pants. Yes, the song sucks on many levels; yes it's degrading to women; but the BOOOOOBS! The wonderful bouncing bare boobies were wonderful!

( o )( o )

July 24, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Beer Pong Olympian

"Rapey" or not, it's an awful song. Another terrible release this summer is that Daft Punk song, Get Lucky. The common denominator in this crap is that sh!tty rapper, Pharrell Williams.

July 24, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Yeah the song sucks and it seems to be on every god damned commercial and tv spot. Not to mention the 30 times it gets played on commercial radio each day. I had a fight with my colleague because I just can't hear that sh!t anymore.

July 24, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. La Verdad

Mi pene es largo y duro.

July 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Margo

Great. Let's continue to glorify this rapey song to indoctrinate our young men and boys into believing that all women "want it" no matter what they say or do.

July 24, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becca

I know, right? It pretty much green lights s-xual assault in my opinion. It's that same mindset that believes woman who wear 'provacative' clothing 'want it,' or 'deserved it' if they get assaulted or molested for wearing that clothing. Robin Thicke is just another insensitive pig. He even flat out admitted that his video for Blurred Lines degraded women, and was unapologetic about it. Filth.

July 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

HELLO! I've been saying that since I first heard the sick words to that song! It's seriously misogyny at its worst! The video is just as demeaning and dehumanizing as the song. Women just parade around waiting to be raped, aparantly. Thanks for your "art" Mr Thicke Head.

July 24, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. M.A.P.

Isn't that a Shakeira song – "I had no corn tonight, but my poops dont lie"?

July 24, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Alvarez

Shakira's Greatest Hits-The Brown Album.

July 24, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jerry355r5tmm

wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ SèèkingRich.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try. gdf

July 25, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |