Selena Gomez celebrates her 'Birthday'
July 23rd, 2013

Selena Gomez celebrates her 'Birthday'

What do you do for your birthday if you are a former child star turning 21?

If you're Selena Gomez, you post a video of your new single - titled, appropriately enough, "Birthday."

On Monday the former Disney actress posted the music video with a message to fans: "I wanted to celebrate my 21st Birthday with all of you, so we made this video for us all to celebrate to," she said. "Thank You for all the love and support you have shown and continue to show me. I love you all so much!!"

Gomez has had a great deal going on leading up to her big day, including the release of her debut album "Stars Dance" and a sitdown with Ryan Seacrest to talk about the difficulty of being in the public eye - especially when it came to her very public breakup with Justin Bieber.

She also shared what she looks for in a guy.

"Egos turn me off, big time," Gomez said. "I mean it's hard to just date in this industry, it really is, because it doesn't have to be anything serious, it can just be something fun—and it should be because I'm young—but, you just can't really help the people that you meet or that you fall in love with or that you wanna date. I want someone who can make me laugh and just be normal and understand my lifestyle and how I wanna live it."

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. SDot

I like shawty she just be styling

January 6, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Justin needs too be with a woman show has her head together.

He cannot have this type of women she is of no use too him anymore and she is problems. In his line of business he does not need a woman that will make him look bad, he needs woman who will make him look good, he does not need the negative exposure he has received from her and has made him look like a fool.

He cannot be degraded as a human being by this type of person...she needs too move on and allow him too move on.

August 14, 2013 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Cheyenne Bianca Moore

Selena Gomez, glad be friend Justin friend again called out as friends be done for good be friend forever your wanted Selena glad be done with him good for you it's over with him sad happy together heart break that is sad perfect together good for you back being friend good for you is heart break being together is hard it's is nice meeting you and being friend and get married and love and be together and cuddie and hook up and engaged and and kids and relationship and break up is hard do you should be together think is not should be friend first break up come and get it your song for the album get the done feel sorry been look for feel bad on again/off again that is why first broken up not is time should together i think been to say to you say this Selena And Justin because You Need someone news relationship someone nice to you other guy want be with try good luck i love you see you soon

August 14, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. jerry355gg

wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ SèèkingRich.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try. gdf gdfsgdf gfdg gfgd gfd

July 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 3Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Price in india. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specifications, Feature. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review.Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specifications and Review.

July 25, 2013 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. yay

Happy Birthday Darling!

July 24, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Peter Potash

Have you ever heard Selena Gomez rap? She's fantastic, but it's doubtful she'll ever do it on record, at least not until she's older and well past her "Disney" stage. The best rap song I've heard her do is an original called "My Name Is...." It starts out like this: "My name is Selena / I have a v a g e e n a..."

July 24, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. M.A.P.

What a hypocrite! Justin Bieber is her best fiend on/off BF and she says Ego's are a turnoff. Yeah, right – totally believable! Just like your suicide story you just want sympathy and attention.

July 24, 2013 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Petra

Demi Lovato is the one who recently said that she considered suicide at a very young age, not Selena Gomez. I believe you're confused.

Perhaps Selena is being genuine by saying that egos turn her off; that might be the reason she's no longer dating Bieber. She actually has a lot more going for her, or is at least more on the ball than some of her peers - Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato come to mind.

July 24, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Ok, I got her confused with the other one. All disney people look the same.

July 24, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ※Sadie※

"Egos turn me off, big time", Gomez says. Really? You dated the Biebs. Nobody has a bigger ego than him. This girl seems like a sweet girl. I hope she doesn't get all caught up in the craziness that a lot of these young "stars" are going through right now. Although, it does give us a lot to talk about, right?

July 24, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dr. Fronkenschteen

Those young latina gals have the tastiest tacos!

July 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ann

I Wish her all the happiness and to keep being grounded.so beautiful and effortlessly classy.

July 23, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. What's an "fwb"?

?

July 23, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. Gross

A blue Slurpie for me, please. Hopefully I won't get a brain-freeze. Those are the worst!

July 23, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. fdgsdfjkjkjlkjl

wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ SèèkingRich.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try. gdf gdfsgdf gfdg gfgdf

July 25, 2013 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |