Today's news you might've missed:
- HBO has yet to suck all the life from flagship series "True Blood." The network is bringing the series back for a seventh season in summer 2014.
- Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is going to pull double-duty this year. The singer is going to perform with both the Stone Temple Pilots, as they gear up for a tour that will start in September, and with his own band.
- Leighton Meester has turned the art of portraying a high school mean girl into a science, but she sadly won't be reprising her role of Carrie Bishop in the "Veronica Mars" movie. Instead, the part's going to Twin Sister singer Andrea Estella. [EW]
- Here's a bit of good "Veronica Mars" news, though: Rob Thomas is writing two additional books that will pick up where the movie leaves off. The first is to arrive in spring 2014. [NYMag's Vulture]
- If you thought you were going to get a glimpse of Kim and Kanye's newborn, North, on the premiere of Kris Jenner's talk show, you were apparently mistaken. The new daytime personality and Jenner-Kardashian matriarch reportedly tricked potential viewers into thinking they were going to see North by using a decoy baby supplied by a hair and makeup person. [TMZ]
- Meanwhile, new dad Kanye is celebrating the success of his collaboration with French label A.P.C. The nine-piece capsule collection swiftly sold out after it was made available online Sunday morning. [People]
- "O RLY" of the day: Oprah Winfrey is going to be Lindsay Lohan's "mentor" of sorts, according to mom Dina. We can't wait to watch. [E!]