July 14th, 2013

Remembering Cory Monteith as Finn on 'Glee'

There was nothing not to love about Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson on "Glee."

With his naiveté and handsome face, Finn was the jock who stole our hearts as if like the character we were still in high school. We watched him grapple with his feelings over his friendship with a gay character who had a crush on him. We fell in love with his romance with Rachel Berry (in real life, the actress who portrayed Berry, Lea Michele, dated Monteith) and wondered about the future of his character after Finn graduated.

Sadly, Monteith's death at the age of 31 means that fans will never learn if Finn was to become a teacher and ultimately marry Rachel. Here is a look back at some of the memorable moments for Monteith's character on the show:

1) The moment it all began for Finn and Rachel
Poor Finn didn't stand a chance when Rachel caught sight of him singing during glee club rehearsal in the show's pilot. He became "the one that I want" for her and thus began "Finchel":

2) Don't Stop Believin'
Monteith was a drummer and musician who was open about the fact that he wasn't as accomplished a singer as some of his castmates. But this performance of the Journey classic helped cement his status as a star:

3) We've Got Tonight
When the new and original cast members sang "We've Got Tonight" for teachers Will Schuester and Emma Pillsbury's wedding, it was beyond sweet. And ending it with Finn and Rachel just felt right:

4) Will you marry me?
Finn's proposal to Rachel was everything fans could have hoped for:

5) It's over
When Rachel returned from New York in season four to end things possibly for good with Finn, it was so hard to watch. It's all the sadder now that we know the pair will never be getting back together:

What were some of your favorite Finn moments on the show?

1. Jaez-Shadey

Wow,just found out feel like cry my eyes out. Glee is my all time favorite show and has taught me how to have fun and inspires me to join choir and makes it easier and more comfortable for me to perform without stage fright...Cory Monteith is not only hollywoods hot glee actress but I will miss him dearly because without him glee feels empty,but realizing we all love him and know that he is in our hearts forever and he is in a good place with god taken care of. In respect I will ask my principle and choir teacher if we can do our own glee concert in remembrance of Cory Monteith(Finn Hudson).Love Glee fan Jaez<3💖😇

July 22, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  2. dfhcvnxcnser537

… Unbelievable…… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~ ~ BlàckŴhiteHub.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist black white dating for black & white singles seeking interracial relationships, dating ,love. Here you will find interracial singles from Brooklyn, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and all the way to Toronto Canada, London England and Sydney Australia ,France, Germany , african american who have joined our love boat. All the best! If you are single, have a try.
    xbxcb

July 18, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Romina Sikpi

I always had a crush on Finn Hudson. I always knew he'd never ever meet in in real life, i never knew he'd die. At just 31! He's in my heart, and he'll always be in my heart. My condolence to the Monteith family, to Glee castmembers, to his fans, and to Lea. I Love you, Cory. Always have, and always will.

July 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cici

I am very sad and I wish everybody pray for his soul and his family, he will be missed very much as you can see people really like him as an actor and specially as a person. My prayers are with his family and Leah

July 16, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. nathalie

R.I.P You will be missed, my heart goes out to family and friends. Glee will not be the same without Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson). As A fan and for all the fans You will live on in all our hearts and be remembered for life.

July 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ruth A Mayer-Farella

He passed away to young at age 31. I don't know. He is very good actor.

July 15, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. toothy

I can't remember because I never knew who he was.

July 15, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hope

Its Very Sad, I Didnt Watch That Much, But It Touched My Heart. Weve Lost A Wonerful Young Man, I Lost A Sister 2 Suicide, And All My Thoughts Are With His Family, God Speed

July 15, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nana

. As the article states "we...wondered about the future of his character after Finn graduated." So it only makes sense to say that now our hopes for Finn will not be realized.

July 15, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. sandy

I feel so sorry for his loved ones, and seeing the cuts above, for Lea Michele...very young to lose someone you love. R.I.P. Very, very sad.

July 15, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Miguel Capela Pereira

I send my condolences to his parents, (https://www.facebook.com/leamichele) Lea Michele and friends.

July 15, 2013 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. boone nc

Cory's acting brought you directly into the feeling that was going on. No wonder people liked him as a person. He invited you to share the moment. He never appeared tobe arrogant but rather sincerely a caring person. It is a great sadness to lose his presence with us.

July 14, 2013 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kate

It will be great if press,in general, show the person that was behind Glee, He was not only Finn but also a person.

July 14, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kristinahansen7

Reblogged this on kristina hansen images.

July 14, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. angry

This article is a joke. Someone died and all you can think about is writing an article of his character in a show. As a reporter aren't you even a bit curious of what he as a person went through until his death. ?

July 14, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phoenix

LOL dude – the article is called "Remembering Cory Monteith as Finn on GLEE". So that's what the article is about. There are many many many other articles about this now, and CNN Entertainment decided to cover it from another angle. Get over it. This one was for the Glee fans.

July 14, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ugwall

Gone too soon

July 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Eric

I meant to use the word "insensitive."

July 14, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Eric

It is WAY too soon to be talking about things like "Monteith's death at the age of 31 means that fans will never learn if Finn was to become a teacher and ultimately marry Rachel." Really? This seems incredibly sensitive and in really bad taste. Discussing what questions will go unanswered regarding his character shows ZERO class.

Shame on you!

July 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. City Press

Reblogged this on City Press.

July 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |