Today's news you might've missed:
- In a summer packed with new releases, Lady Gaga's "Artpop" is jumping into the fray. The artist, who's been on hiatus since a February hip surgery to fix an injury, revealed on Friday that her next single will arrive August 19 with an album to follow on November 11. And since this is apparently the new thing to do, Gaga's new effort will be distributed physically, digitally and via app. [Lady Gaga's Facebook]
- Meanwhile, wily Justin Timberlake has dropped his new single, "Take Back the Night," way faster than we expected. (Remember, he just shared a teaser clip for the track on Wednesday.)
- Movie-wise, Friday brought a first look at Idris Elba's Nelson Mandela film,"Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom."
- And on the TV side, there are rumblings that Netflix is in talks to craft a new, fifth season of "Arrested Development." [MTV]
- Last but not least, Helen Mirren wore 6-inch stripper shoes on the red carpet of "Red 2," like a boss. [Us Weekly]