Trailer Park: Lindsay Lohan's 'The Canyons'
July 11th, 2013

Trailer Park: Lindsay Lohan's 'The Canyons'

Lindsay Lohan may be in rehab, but the promotional machine behind "The Canyons" is chugging right along.

IFC Films has released a trailer for the August 2 feature, which has been endlessly chronicled for some of the drama LiLo brought to the set.

The Los Angeles-based thriller follows a group of 20-somethings on their quest to find "power, love, sex and success in 2012 Hollywood." Lohan portrays Tara, a wannabe actress who isn't so sure about the film business - maybe seeing movies in a theater just isn't her "thing" anymore, as Lohan's voiceover laments in the trailer.

Cue James Deen's Christian, Tara's boyfriend and "producer" who apparently makes movies right out of his own home, equipped with nothing more than his cell phone's camera. As you can imagine, the trailer takes a decidedly more suggestive turn from there.

"The Canyons" was written by Bret Easton Ellis and directed by Paul Schrader, who recently wrote in FilmComment that having Lohan involved in the project was worth the "tardiness, unpredictability, tantrums, absences, neediness and psychodrama."

"[F]rom my point of view, it was a treat to work with Lindsay," Schrader said. "All the drama ... all the stress - that means little. A director can shoot around misbehavior. He can’t shoot around lack of charisma."

"The Canyons" will be released on August 2, which the trailer notes you can either watch in "select theaters, or in the privacy of your own home."

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan • movies • Trailer Park

1. opbloogone favor

See? We always win because have resources and i am soooo loved here in my town.

September 19, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. steve

op over and out.

mommie call op turned it on...

September 19, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. big richard

She played Hide the Salami with James Deen! Guess where he hid it?

September 19, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. jujubeans

I hear she has a long nude scene! ( O )( O )

August 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Big Wally

I'd like to play "Hide the Salami" with her!

July 18, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jujubeans

Let's see her canyon! ( o )( o )

July 18, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. jerry2334

… Unbelievable…wow… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy man. They met through ~ ~ Weàlthyluv.com~~ They told me it is a Specialist millionaire dating for rich single s seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.

July 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. morning

I was at slide with 10 people

July 14, 2013 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. jackui8

HI THERE ! My friend Ana has just announced her wedding with a handsome rich men .They met through~~ ~Weàlthyluv.Çoм ~~A serious millionaire dating services and personals site dedicated to those seeking real love. Thousands of millionaires have been meeting on this site and created couples success stories of their own, not to mention the thousands of single rich men dating and finding love on this website too. Single people meeting other single people is why we are here.fdg

July 13, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Don't lie, you have no friends. You aren't even human, you are made of feces. You are a fecal statue.

July 14, 2013 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. M.A.P.

I was going to make a joke about Lindsay Lohan's "canyon" but tracie beat me to it!!!

July 13, 2013 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. tracie

OK I SAW THAT MOVIE AND ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT WAS THE CANYON BETWEEN MY LEGS AND IN MY BUTT..

July 12, 2013 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. xcbxcbery

… Unbelievable…… My friend Maggie has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~ ~ BlàckŴhiteHub.Çoм~~ They told me it is a Specialist black white dating for black & white singles seeking interracial relationships, dating ,love. Here you will find interracial singles from Brooklyn, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and all the way to Toronto Canada, London England and Sydney Australia ,France, Germany , african american who have joined our love boat. All the best! If you are single, have a try.zbxb------

July 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Baba Booey Baba Booey Baba Booey

July 11, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. READ BED'S ITS TRULY HYSTERICAL....HYSTERICAL...

ANOTHER LAZY FAT RAT

July 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. WONDER WHAT FAT RAT HAS ON TODAY...LET' ME GUESS A PRETTY DRESS WHILE A PLUG IN HER EAR OVERHEARING AIR...

FAT RAT HACK

July 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. 3 HACKS ARE JUDGING ME...CAN YOU IMAGINE? YOU FAT RAT HACKS...GET TOO H-LL BEFORE I GIVE YOU AN ID I JUST RECEIVED SHE WILL NEVER FORGET. FAT RAT HACK

July 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Look who's judging -- A FAT RAT ILEGAL HACK

We are hilarious most of the time...

July 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |

Everclear
    Incest
    Confederate Flags
    Boss Hogg

July 11, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

You forgot Sokman. Not that I think this blue one is him, but I know he's a Palin lover.

July 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Little Miss Perfect

Judging everyone BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 11, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kurt

You can either watch in "select theaters" (i.e., released on fewer than 100 screens for about a week) or in the privacy of your own home (meaning it's pretty much a straight to DVD release), both being earmarks of a "quality" production.

I'll pass.