June 20th, 2013
06:30 PM ET
The Rebel Alliance has apparently begun recruitment.
The website Bleeding Cool News reports that casting has begun in the U.K., and has posted confirmed casting breakdowns for "Star Wars Episode VII," pointing to a list of seven descriptions of possible character types, a sampling of which you can see below:
1. "Young 20-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking"
2. "A late 20-something male, fit, handsome and confident"
3. "70-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanor"
4. "Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humor"
5. "A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit"
They're admittedly vague descriptions, but they do give fans a little insight into what type of far, far away galaxy J.J. Abrams and writer Michael Arndt are planning to create. Up to this point, the speculation about "Star Wars VII's" casting focused on whether actors like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher would reprise their roles, but these new descriptions gives us an idea of who the new "Star Wars" characters may be.
That being said, fans may be more excited if the next casting sheet is looking for a "bounty hunter type, with cool helmet."
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.