Kanye West: 'Yeezus' walks on 'SNL'
May 20th, 2013

Kanye West: 'Yeezus' walks on 'SNL'

Two "Saturday Night Live" sets, an Instagram and 66 projector images later, we now have a better picture of what's to come on Kanye West's anticipated new album.

As promised, the rapper - not to be confused with a celebrity - didn't take part in any of the skits for "SNL's" season finale/swan song for cast member Bill Hader. But he didn't need to - over the course of two songs, West still left a lasting impression.

The night's first set from the Chicago rapper/producer featured his new track, “Black Skinhead,” a ferocious, Marilyn Manson-sampled piece of audio that kind of comes as West’s answer to OutKast’s “B.O.B. (Bombs over Baghdad)” 13 years later.

Wearing all-black leather and his red Air Yeezy II sneakers, West later jumped into another new single called “New Slaves" while backed by a projection of coupons and the message, “Not For Sale.”

It was the second time West used the technique to promo his new sounds this weekend. In one of the more creative music marketing campaigns we've seen, he debuted “New Slaves” by literally projecting the music video in 66 locations across the world on Friday night.

The new songs trail behind a storm of rumors that West's forthcoming sixth studio album will arrive on June 18, a date he tweeted earlier this month with zero explanation. If the lyrics and tone of his two latest singles are any indication, the record promises to be as bold as ... well, pretty much anything West has done before.

Thanks to his girlfriend/baby mama Kim Kardashian, it looks like we also have inside info on the album's title. Before the "SNL" broadcast, Kim K. dropped a picture of the Air Yeezy II’s next to what appears to be the album cover with the words “Yeezus” written on red tape in black sharpie.

The photo came with the caption: "#Yeezus #RedYeezy's #SNL  #Tonight #NewSlaves #YeezySeason #Donda #June18." (It looks like folks reporting that the album would be titled “I Am God” weren’t too far off.)

We’re not completely sold on that title yet, but there are no complaints on the music. What do you think?

1. marco

Hey people check out amazing speed art video i made of Kanye West for his new release New Slaves.

June 10, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Debbie McGwire

Kanye makes me want to poop my panties. His biggest fan is probably himself.

June 2, 2013 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lizard Lance

Kanye West is an over-rated, over-hyped, over-talked-about midget of talent. Need I add he takes himself far more seriously than anyone else does? I wish Taylor Swift stuffed the microphone down his throat to save us from more of his verbal garbage.

May 27, 2013 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. I'm sorry boo...she started with me again...xo.

May 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Poop shoots from poop chutes

Poop

May 22, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SHE HACKS INTO BANK ACCOUNTS IGNORE HER AND IS MOTORED IN RIGHT NOW

IGNORE HER

May 22, 2013 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. M.A.P.

I don't know what everyone's b!tchin about, I have never liked Kanye as a person or an artist, but these two songs are the first from him that I like. I think he will win over new fans – goth rappers at least.

May 22, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
    • bon bon depression

HE DANCERS HAD ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TOO PICK ON ME?
      BON BON CITY

May 19, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
      rehearsal went well...
      i honk on america...lol

May 17, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      importantissues
      will close with this.

May 17, 2013 at 5:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
      Alvarez
      I think I'll head over to my neighbor's house and drop a large steaming turd in his front yard.

May 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      we have more important things too do...thanks
      see u guys tomorrow.

May 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Another Dance Success
      i enjoy dancing with the starts

May 16, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Meh
      /Boring
      that is all
      Stop manufacturing these false musicians

May 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Meh
      So much junk out there I have a hard time telling the difference between them....
      ahem...stop manufacturing stupid tv shows

May 16, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
      There's poop in that chute

May 16, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
      And the winners are...
      I went to the toilet for number 2's but I missed the bowel.

May 16, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
      Pliny
      The 'bowl' or the 'bowel'? LOL

Retard

May 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
      steps for dwts
      I have mre steps and acqua at the top of the steps not before the steps...

May 15, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      geeze..
      almost the same stage entrance sat....geeze...

May 15, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Clete
      How is it that I have never heard of any of these celebrities.

May 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Hugh Peniss
      That Kelly Pickler gal is a reeeaaaal looker! Too bad she's dumb as a box of rocks. I'd still do her though.

May 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      A
      missed the show but i heard was very exciting

m

May 15, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      Gross
      Would we both need to have afros for this romance? I'm not sure if my hair is long enough for a perm.

May 15, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
      Name:(required)
      E-mail: (required, but will not be displayed)

Next entry »
      Brad Pitt's 'quite emotional' about Jolie's choice
      « Previous entry
      Beyonce, feeling better, apologizes for canceled show

inShare

More sharing

ABOUT THIS BLOG
      RECENT POSTS
      While you were working ...
      Could 'Hangover III' get a spinoff?
      Celebs who are OK natives on tragedy
      Beyonce 'runs' it on 'Grown Woman' leak
      Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio join 'X Factor'
      'DWTS' takes moment to honor Oklahoma tornado victims
      While you were working ...
      Trailer Park: 'Anchorman: The Legend Continues'
      Kanye West: 'Yeezus' walks on 'SNL'
      Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in talks for 'X Factor'

VIDEOS YOU MAY LIKE

01:21
      Candice Glover is new "American Idol"

01:43
      See why this 'DWTS' judge is bawling

00:55
      Ex-'DWTS' contestant: Won't miss Len
      Recommendations by Taboola
      RECENT COMMENTS
      vanessssa on 53rd annual Grammy awards: The winners list
      Vanessa on 53rd annual Grammy awards: The winners list
      Candace Kane on Final four celebs named for 'DWTS'
      theft d called on 53rd annual Grammy awards: The winners list
      ID theft. on 53rd annual Grammy awards: The winners list

ARCHIVE
      May 2013
      M T W T F S S
      « Apr

4 5
      11 12
      18 19
      22 23 24 25 26
      27 28 29 30 31

Weather forecast

Home | Videos | CNN Trends | U.S. | World | Politics | Crime | Entertainment | Tech | Health | Living | Travel | Opinion | iReport | Money | Sports
      Tools & Widgets | Podcasts | Blogs | CNN Mobile | My Profile | E-mail Alerts | CNN Radio | CNN Shop | Site map | Contact us

May 22, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. Alvarez

I have a strong desire to stuff corn niblet studded butt biscuits up Kanye's nose and plunge his head in a bucket of steaming trouser chili.

May 22, 2013 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. this is the version with all my comments...the cnn version is the final..thanks

otherwise IGNORABLE.

May 21, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. there are a couple of versions...we still keep all right..

meh came up..thanks

May 21, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. HER SET UP BLOGS DO NOT WORK ANYMORE

TOSHEEBA REVENGE COMPLETED

May 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Wench Wrench 1

1. twiiter was directed to her.
    2.madonna stalker article was directed too her...

May 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Boo

People pay money for this crap?

May 21, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. lumphead Lesbeans

K never gonna hurt K

May 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Here!

This is not entertainment. Why would anyone want to fan the flame of that talentless ego. I hope SNL parodies these first thing next season, although they could hardly get more laughs than the real thing.

May 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cut the drama wrench...

the guy is a talent and loyal.....

May 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. George W. Bush

I don't like Kanye...

May 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. GreatBigGobsOfGreasyGrimyGopherGuts

May 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. I know much more about her then a silly cd...

thanks

May 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  20. CD

I have to wonder just how Kim will react when he starts hitting her.

May 21, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Silly

Oh don't worry he will....

May 21, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Alucard

Silence Mr Angry Black Man – be silent and go butt bang your cow again

May 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Good strategy too point out her comments...

its ok sweetie...relax on the drama...its ok too go "flesh" its fun.

May 21, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  24. KAYNE SUCKS

OMG - he totally S U C K S. If anyone calls this "talent", you were born without a brain. Jumping around in his stupid red sissy shoes and screaming and jacking does not make him a musician. PLEEZ - take that preg h o e and move to a quiet little corner of the world where we never have to be exposed 2 either of you again. Two talentless schmucks who deserve each other.

May 21, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • sassysticks53

Anger management sessions have your name on it! Get help for your anger!

May 21, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • We can help you if you need anger management help...let us know

thanks

May 21, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. do u like my sapphires pliny?

thanks

May 21, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  26. CD

Were this a just world, Taylor Swift would have jumped up on stage, stopped everything, before going into a drunken "Ima let you finish" tirade...

May 21, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • DudeBuddy

That would actually be fantastic. I would give them both props if they did that. No denying that would be great PR.

May 21, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Meh

Shut up you angry yutz...try looking hospitable once in awhile you hack

May 21, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  28. M.A.P.

All hail king turd!

May 21, 2013 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  29. Not feeling it

Poor me, and poor you. I don't hate it, but seriously it is not new, original, or even provocative. Artist have to try so hard to be edgy because it has all been done before. Poor dude, he will def look back and laugh at this one.

May 21, 2013 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
    • DudeBuddy

The first song. The manson cover... That was done by Apathy in like 2007 – 2008 at around that time Apathy also made fun of Kanye in his own version of Love Lock Down (its acutally pretty awesome).... So this leads me to believe this is an intentional dig at Apathy... or Mr. West is really really clueless.

May 21, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. SELINA33

My friend Lnny has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~~~ MìxedŚìngle.Çoм ~ ~~A Serious interracial dating is an ideal platform for afro romance for black & white singles. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.

May 20, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

May 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. A∴A∴

A∴A∴

May 20, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Em

I think he is horrible. I made myself sit through his performances on SNL because every time I see him I look for some redeeming quality in this man – but it's never there. He is filled with hatred, arrogance, and more hatred. He makes me feel sick. I wish he and Kim would move far, far away and I'd never have to hear or see either of them ever again.

May 20, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |

A∴A∴

May 20, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sam Hain

Kim Kardashian and a duck walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, where'd you get the pig?"
    Kim Kardashian say, "That's not a pig, that's a duck."
    The bartender says, "I was talking to the duck."

May 20, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  34. It's mOnDaY!

pOoP

May 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. probably a hater

I I feel like people who say this will change rap music because it's so political need to revisit the hip hop catalog.

He's not a game changer, he's late to the game. Just like when he used that daft punk single (that was 10 years old) to "revolutionize" music... anyway, saying your not for sale, and talk about "new slaves" while working on collabs with Nike and Givenchy.... come on.

May 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmer

Koonye sucks. he has always been completely overrated. Saying he is a good rapper is like saying he is a smart retard.

May 20, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • He IS a smart retard,

as far as retards go...

May 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. palintwit

Why is it everytime someone mentions Chick-fil-A I think of toothless teabilly inbreds?

May 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. frida

I loved it, it was new and creatve. Bravo Kanye.s

May 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tracie

( & )( & ) I SMEARED POOP ON MY TATAS! YAY!

May 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. t

He is absolutley terrible.iHe thiinks he can sing come on he sucks.the skit band at the end with the snl crew was way better then this idiot.

May 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tracie

I WILL PROBABLY BUY THIS ALBUM BECAUSE THE COVER LOOK LIKE A PILE OF DOG POOP! I WOULD EAT IT YAY!

May 20, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. tracie

OK YOU BETTER START SHOWING ME SOME RESPECT BECAUSE THIS IS A POOP FORUM AND I LOVE POOP!

May 20, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Disappointed...

with Mr. Kim Kardashian's new music. He seems to have run out of ideas and to be lacking creativity as evidenced by his SNL performance - doubltful the rest of his album will be much better. His label will probably drop him after this stinker bombs.

May 20, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  43. mrst

Wow...This was absolutely epic. Rap/rock/punk/etc. Kanye is a mad scientist and I love what's coming out of the his lab.

May 20, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Turd on a stick

May 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Yeah

The lasting impression Kanye West left with me is just how incredibly self-absorbed and egotistical he truly is. What a snoozefest. I DVR'd the show and fast-forwarded through most of his bits. Crap rapper.

May 20, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |

You must be logged in to post a comment.

About this blog

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,460 other followers