Fox series orders: What you need to know
May 9th, 2013

Fox series orders: What you need to know

That's not spring in the air, but fall series ordering season.

Fox has gotten the ball rolling on a new slate of programming, picking up five comedy pilots and four dramas. On the comedy side, TV critics have noted how male-dominated the concepts are, especially in light of Fox's recent female-centric programs like "The Mindy Project," "New Girl" and the now canceled "Ben and Kate."

Instead of Mindy Kaling and Zooey Deschanel, eyes will be on Seth MacFarlane and Andy Samberg in the fall.

"SNL" alum Samberg stars in a detective comedy called "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" along with Andre Braugher. Developed by "Parks and Recreation" writer/producers Dan Goor and Michael Schur, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" follows a detective who's challenged to change his lackadaisical, immature ways when he gets a new tough boss.

MacFarlane, already a Fox staple with animation, is moving on to live-action comedy with "Dads." The show stars Giovanni Ribisi and Seth Green as a pair of successful best friends and roommates whose lives take a turn when their dads unexpectedly move in. The original order for the MacFarlane project was six episodes, and that's since been increased to 13.

The other comedies to look for include:

"Enlisted"

Described as an "irreverent and heartfelt military-set" comedy, "Enlisted" stars Geoff Stults and follows three brothers as they get reacquainted on a small Army base in Florida.

"Us and Them"

Jason Ritter and Alexis Bledel star in this comedy based on the BBC's "Gavin & Stacey." The series follows the two dissimilar lovers as they try to make a long-distance relationship work with the so-called support of friends and family.

"Surviving Jack"

Justin Halpern's book "I Suck at Girls" is the basis for "Surviving Jack," a comedy set in 90s-era Southern California and tells the story of "a boy becoming a man."

On the drama side, Fox has placed some faith in pro J.J. Abrams. The network has ordered "Almost Human," a police drama set 35 years in the future when officers work with human-like androids as partners.

Fox has also ordered:

"Gang Related"

Ramon Rodriguez ("Daybreak," "The Wire") plays a rising star in Los Angeles' elite Gang Task Force who's partnered with a seasoned member on the Task Force to eliminate three of the city's most notorious gangs, one of which Rodriguez's character has ties to.

"Rake"

Greg Kinnear is making his broadcast TV debut with this legal drama. He portrays a "brilliant and frustratingly charming criminal defense attorney whose chaotic and self-destructive personal life often gets in the way of his professional one," and who always takes the cases that seem beyond redemption, not unlike himself.

"Sleepy Hollow"

This action-adventure drama is exactly what it sounds like: a contemporary take on the classic tale. In this version, Ichabod Crane ("One Day's" Tom Mison) has been resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to discover a world that's teetering on the brink of destruction, and he's the guy who has to help save it. Along with a modern-day police officer (Nicole Beharie), Ichabod Crane works to understand a mystery that dates back centuries.

Filed under: television

1. M.A.P.

Plippitty plopperty plop, a turd fell down and plopped, it smelled so bad we put it in a bag, plippity plopperty SPLAT!

May 13, 2013 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. DRAPER...DOES NOT WANT ME TOO SPEAK TOO PEOPLE YET WANTED TOO MOOCH OF COMPUTER...THANKS

May 13, 2013 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. RAT MANDY VIDEOS....

May 13, 2013 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. PREVIOUS WIN FILES....THANKS

=

May 13, 2013 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. PREVIOUS CAT FILES FROM OTHER MACHINES...STATUS?

THANKS

May 13, 2013 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Pliny is being monitored also with cnn..

shut up

May 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. (Reblogged)

Pliny

Pliny [plin-ee]
    noun Slang: Vulgar.
    1. a piece of excrement.
    2. a mean, contemptible person.
    3. a troll.

May 10, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. Motored in on pliny -- all files now on hard drive

Roll on the troll - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

May 10, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  9. linda files

amazing!

May 9, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bella44

Wow… My friend Lynn has just married to a handsome black man.
    They met through ~~ MìxedŚìngle.Çoм ~~A Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. (lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)perhaps you can have a try.

May 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. SAM again

great show...

May 9, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. CAbt

nice person

May 9, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. def rules

gotta open all this stuff...

May 9, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cruelty

if she didn't act like she was justified in her actions...we would have never figured it out...

May 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. if she kept her mouth closed nobody would have known

right maylene scott?

May 9, 2013 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. See?

that's why your a coward...may i get off stage now...

May 9, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Overheard Conversations on Mom's phone

felon: do you listen too an innocent womans phone calls?
    crook: never she's crazy

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

May 9, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Coward 3

question too felon: do you know her social
    Answer: no she's crazy

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

May 9, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. can u take a test too prove i am a dick?

no you will fail as soon as they as you that questions.....is m a dick yes...beeeeeeeeeeeep...

May 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. why are u speaking up if it has nothing too do with you...

its very simple....it keeps talking and talking and bingo...win.

May 9, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Private Dick

What "evidence" are you "compiling" exactly? That Pliny said "pee-pee" on teh internet. Ya. I'm sure you have a serious, serious case there...! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Please. I'd like to be there when you present your evidence to Law Enforcement... PRETTY PLEASE!!

It's after hours, shouldn't Junior High be out for the day by now? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Kids and their wacky imaginations!!!

May 9, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Relationship is not good is it Pliny

May 9, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. is pliny will too take a lie detector test?

May 9, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Margaret Eye ==

i worked for lawyers for 25 years and our specialty is compiling evidence...you don't have too worry about me

May 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  25. pliny is going down ...

May 9, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. to cnn:

connections: my hd's are bloggers names...let me know if i can further help you guys

May 9, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. to cnn:

May 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. margaret is not pliny..evidence

May 9, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Report abuse on pliny ... mods are on notice

thanks

May 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  30. What are we doing about Pliny--

=

May 9, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny is el numero uno enemy ... all posts are to be stopped

CNN has IP address. their people are on it.

May 9, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margaret Eye

May 9, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pliny

Is it just me or does everyone else think Samberg must be HUGE in the pee-pee department?

May 9, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

No pliny-troll. You are the only one who thinks about Andy Samberg's genitals.

That's why you drool so much.

May 10, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

One more thing Pliny-troll.

Considering the size of your equipment in the pee-pee department....anything over .75 inches is HUGE.

May 10, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • John

For the love of God, STOP talking to yourself. You come off like a crazy person.

Please stop clogging the blogs with your nonsense.

May 10, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

I like to sit down when I pee because it makes me feel dainty. I wear hello kitty underpants with skid marks in them.

May 10, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

John,

I am Pliny. My troll is 'triumph'...the idiot who is obsessed with poop. (mainly because he eats it).

Insofar as clogging up the blogs....it's all his fault.

May 10, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |