Mariah, Nick Cannon renew vows at Disneyland
May 1st, 2013

Mariah, Nick Cannon renew vows at Disneyland

To celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary as well as their twins' second birthday, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon went to the happiest place on earth.

Carey shared a photo of her family's adventure at Disneyland on Twitter Wednesday, showing that they even dressed up for the occasion:

The singer and "American Idol" judge married Cannon on April 30 in 2008, and the pair later welcomed twins Monroe and Moroccan on the same date in 2011.

Ahead of the "Cinderella"-themed festivities, Carey tweeted a number of photos and Vine clips as she prepared to also renew her vows with her husband:

While Carey and her daughter Monroe wore voluminous white dresses, Cannon and Moroccan wore suits modeled after "Cinderella's" Prince Charming.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. all the money in the world can't buy true love....

thanks.

May 7, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ally

Mariah is a diva so you know that Nick probably doesn't have a back bone....that is why it's lasted so long

May 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Fal

Vows do not expire and they have only been married for 5 years. What would be so wrong with taking your children to Disney and dressing up WITHOUT doing this.... Or maybe it is just because I don't like Mariah.

May 6, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Meh

Its so funny how obvious it is that the same person is putting so many responses and making the same mistake on each one.
    You are using the word TOO improperly...on EACH darn entry you make so we know its YOU over and over.

May 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. She will do this too everyone who goes near him...

nick has too take the stand....

May 6, 2013 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. SKY

IF YOU ARE TRULY HAPPY WHY SHARE IT WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW?
    ONE VOW TO GOD IS ENOUGH, UNLESS YOU BOTH NEED REMINDERS...AND THAT'S OK.

May 6, 2013 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. Best Marriage Out There....

happy too see they are happy ... other people who are unhappy should not share their misery with others because nobody cares.

May 6, 2013 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. i cannot express how happy i am she is in a postiive

relationship with nick ...nick loves her so much...best too both and the familly

May 6, 2013 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Another working marriage...i love seeing happy people

thanks

May 6, 2013 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Meh

Like wars fought in sand...this thread wont stop either

May 6, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. L Cerano

It amazes me how miserable some people are. Negativity breeds negativity.

I wish Mariah and her family continued happiness, love and health.

And I also wish happiness and prosperity to the negative folks who couldn't help but try to tear down other people. God bless.

May 4, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. America is Dying

Those dopey kids just sharted in an outfit costing more than most of middle america makes in a year

May 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Trezenia

Congratulations to Nick & Mariah! I will never understand why they have the need to have a wedding again,
    why not a Huge Anniversary Party? If your marriage is good, why do U need to renew the vowels, seems like
    U have done something wrong & need to be reminded. Wouldn't have been wonderful if they had invited a lot
    of children & families to Disney Land! Now that would have been a Celebration Worth While! :) I think it' all about being showy & money!

May 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • socalgal64

Why should they invite a bunch of strangers to their ceremony? And since when does renewing your VOWS mean you did something wrong?

May 3, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grandoffive

Mariah and Nick can do whatever they want. Why do you care.

May 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ren

ick

May 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. What's the big deal?

They're celebrating their happiness and they want to share it with the world. How is that a "bad" thing worthy of negative comments? When you are happy, don't you want to share that with people too? They just happen to have a lot more money than the average person. Don't down others just because you can.

May 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mariah is stable and has a solid marriage

she is not

May 3, 2013 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  17. Perfect Marriage...

i love these 2....

May 3, 2013 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. Here!

Would somebody please remind Mariah that she is in her 40s. Nothing worse that seeing an old lady make this big a fool of herself.

May 3, 2013 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Mariah is fine

Old?? What planet are you from? Nothing wrong with what she did. They seem like a very nice stable couple. I am rooting for them. Stay strong, stay together!

May 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Here!

Wrong! What planet are you from? I never said they did anything wrong. I bet you are another 40 something woman who thinks she looks 20 by dressing in clothes that are way too small for you.

May 3, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. KrashClothingCo.com

Beautiful!

May 3, 2013 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gunny got nothing...

thanks

May 2, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mariah is not an embarrassment too nIck and that's all that matters

the marriage will last a lifetime....congrats guys and all the best

May 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Mariah and Nick

all the best!!!!

May 2, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Are you jealous of mariah's relationship...(picabove)

we have to embrace it and learn that there are still some great marriages out there dysfunctional free....

come on people wake up ... this marriage is forever.

May 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  24. all the best too a great marriage...mariah and nick

it is based on love , trust and no issues...amazing...

May 2, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Fantastic Marriage...

I love watching true love don't you?

May 2, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. STFU, last 3 hoes

May 2, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Cali In.

Best marriage.

May 2, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. There is nothing that makes me more happy then a healthy couple

mariah and nick prove that too me every darn day . (picture above)

May 2, 2013 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Al and I are so proud of this marriage (shown above)

she is older but nick loves her too death...i am so happy both made and effort too work on this great marriage...
    i love watching a stable husband and wife.

May 2, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mariah and nick (show above) will definately make it.

yep

May 2, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. these are the marriages i love so much...

they truly love each other..and they will last.

May 2, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. BEST COUPLE IN 2013

NICK AND MARIAH...THE BEST AND THEY WILL MAKE IT BECAUSE THEY ARE NO DYSFUNCTIONAL.
    THEY WILL NEVER DIVORCE.

May 2, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Cait

Aw, how sweet! They're renewing their vows where she first met Nick: She was 30, and he was 10... Anyways, eccentric Mariah probably planned her childrens' births to be on the exact anniversay of their marriage -"I have millions! I want it or I'll throw a diva hissy!" Crazy peoples O_o

May 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. This couple will make it--because they are NOT dysfunctional

May 2, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. LucyRicardo

They all look beautiful and happy. Not only is it their wedding anniversary, but the twins' birthdays. So considering that it's a wedding anniversary AND a double birthday party for their children, a little fantasy is fine and not so over the top.

May 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Best Marriage going Mariah and Nick (photo above)

love it.

May 2, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. My cousins say this all the time...

if the marriage sucks it sucks.....all the vow and all the babies will never hold it together...

thank god they are happily marrie!!!!!

May 2, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. CNN News Room

Thousands of humans just died of starvation all over the planet....but at least these 2 got to have a lavish time with their money to burn
    Over to you Jim

May 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Alucard

I touched that hot little body and i
    jlzzed in my pants!!
    we got dressed up in ridiculous outfits and i
    jlzzed in my pants!!!

May 2, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. LL

Kind of immature for a 43 year old. But hey, life is short. Follow your dreams, even if it's a commercialized Disney wedding.

May 2, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. DT

I have to laugh at everyone that thinks this is so massively over-the-top. It's expensive to be sure, possibly the cost of four or five normal weddings (venue, reception, decorations, dress, entertainment, etc.)... but by most celebrity wedding standards, this is *very* reasonable. My wife and I got married at Disneyland in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel, with the Cinderella Coach, and a reception at the Grand Californian Hotel, and it was *very* reasonable and well within normal California-wedding budget standards (the average full wedding in California costs about $25k). There was no "name premium" added for it being a Disney wedding. Just peace-of-mind that professionals were handling most details. We priced the Cinderella's Castle option, which started somewhere between $65-75k, which was way out of reason for us... but for Nick and Mariah... a drop-in-the-bucket, especially considering the memories they'll have of the wedding. I say congratulations and way to go!

May 2, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Gross

I had my bachelor party at Disneyland. Got stoned with Dopey and a lap dance from Tinkerbell. My best man puked all over the It's a Small World ride. To this day Snow White will not even make eye contact with me...

May 2, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

@Gross- lol... I'd say you had quite the Disney experience. No wonder it's called the happiest place on earth. At least, it was for you and your buddies.

May 2, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Definitely not over-the-top for a celebrity. I think that is reserved for the third time they renew their vows.

May 2, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alucard

Its a shame Tinkerbell got pregnant with Andy Dlck but its what she deserves for saying she was on the pill

May 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. SKY

FACT: RENEWING VOWS DO NOT KEEP A MARRIAGE TOGETHER....AND I CAN POST
    BEAUTIFUL PICTURES...LET TALK FACT. THEY MADE IT 5 YEARS CONGRATULATION.
    THE GOAL IS ONE DAY AT A TIME.

May 2, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  43. M.A.P.

I used to thinki MAriah was cool after her nervous breakdown where they found her covered in blood in her hotel room. Now look at her, she's fat. She's 40 (is she?), and she's wearing a big fat person wedding dress to try to cover it. And she acts like a total diva on idol and wont even look the other judges in the face!

May 2, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Sage advice from someone who idolizes mentally challenged celebrities covered in blood. What are your views on Syria?

May 2, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • NJONES

QUIT HATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOUT I THINK THAT IS BEAUTIFUL IF I HAD THAT MUCH MONEY I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT....AND SHE IS BEAUTIFUL TO BE IN HER 40'S ....I DIDNT EVEN KNO SHE WAS THAT OLD...I WISH THEM THE BEST OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT THESE PEOPLE SAY THEY R JUST JEALOUS THEY CANT DO THAT...GOD BLESS YALL...U HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY

May 6, 2013 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  44. Weekend Pass

Sky was just giving us relationship help....

May 2, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  45. Dick Around The Computer Sky..Cuz that's all you can do

good luck Mariah

May 2, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  46. Cleary Nobody Home Dat Much Right Sky?

good news for this couple....they are not dyfunctional (photo above)

May 2, 2013 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  47. Its just weekends right Sky?

best of luck too the real mariah

May 2, 2013 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  48. Was not home last night dear...

move along

May 2, 2013 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  49. Meh

At least they appear to be level-headed and not big spenders and seeking as much attention as they can grab...

May 2, 2013 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  50. Jeff

I think I vomitted a little in my mouth.

May 2, 2013 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Alucard

Did it taste like hot dog? I ate one the other day and had a small verp and wished someone else tasted what I was tasting at that moment...you know, misery loves company and all that

May 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Peace ☮

Was Cinderella her MOH?

May 2, 2013 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

If this doesn't scream Diva, I don't know what does. It's fine if you want to renew your vows every stinking year, but this is one of those "look at me" scenarios. She is just way over the top for me.

May 2, 2013 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  52. Janice York

Quit hating on them and just be glad for them . May god contiune to shine his love on u both

May 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. maria

Why is he dressed like a prince? reminds me of MJ the ego this people had they think their are Generals really! this people are nuts ....not matter what they still UGLY ,except the kids, they are cute!

May 1, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Alvarez

I've renewed my vow to take a large steaming dump on each of their heads.

May 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bears

Check Maria and Alvarez and make sure they are here legally. Since they have so much time to hate on Americans and if they are illegals ship their asses back to Mexico since they hate Americans.

May 2, 2013 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Alvarez

Come closer Bears so I can squirt a steady stream of trouser chili at your face.

May 3, 2013 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  55. NickCanon_Is_A_sissy

these people are freakin cray-cray

May 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  56. nic

i think it was perfect because they r both cartoons!

May 1, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  57. pitt04

I love Mariah and Nick together..I swear they are the PERFECT couple. I hope they BOTH have a LONG life and marriage with "DEM BABIES"!

May 1, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |