Trailer Park: 'Pacific Rim'
April 30th, 2013

Trailer Park: 'Pacific Rim'

In "Pacific Rim," Guillermo del Toro's aliens come not from the sky but the depths of the ocean.

A trailer for the sci-fi epic was shown at WonderCon in March, and its made its way to the Web. The two-and-a-half minute clip explains that the monsters show up in San Francisco first, with the "sole purpose to aim for the populated areas and take out the vermin - us."

Rather than just allow the aliens to wipe out humankind, pilots are enlisted to commandeer giant robots and take on the creatures hellbent on destruction.

Del Toro said at CinemaCon that shooting "Pacific Rim" "changed my life."

“The movie comes out from the deepest part of my being that is full of love," the director said. "The 12-year-old kid who is in love with giant monsters.”

Idris Elba, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman and Charlie Day star in the action flick, which is slated to open July 12.

Filed under: movies • Trailer Park

1. Meh

zzzzzzzz...huh what....did i sleep thru another bad movie ad?

May 1, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sokman

The trailer looks badass. I think the bulges on the suits will be ok. In the George Clooney Batman movie (worst Batman EVER!) they not only had bulges, but nlpples as well. Except Batgirl of course, but she still had the lumps. Thats really no way to talk about your wife Bob. And I wouldnt have guessed sand would be much of a problem in central Canada, but never been there so what would I know. Hey, if she squeezes real hard, can she make a pearl? :-)

May 1, 2013 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ☮

Make a pearl? You crack me up! :o

May 1, 2013 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Gross

Agreed - Batman and Robin was a terrible film. My favorite superhero movie is the mid-1980s classic "The Erotic Adventures of D!ckman and Throbbin", starring the legendary John Holmes.

May 1, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sokman

According to Paltrow, if you're mad at yout hubby, just give him a Pacific Rim-Job

May 1, 2013 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. I will be speaking too you with or without cameras...

the gap has too stop

April 30, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. what is the obsession...

you do not want me around but you do all of this....i do not understand...

April 30, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TM

If u do not stop this and we do not act human...i will go for the other....

April 30, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mlg4035

LOL! The monsters have shark-like heads! LAME!

April 30, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Get a move on dear...work on 1 and 4

bye

April 30, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bob from Saskatoon

I'm not sure when this film will show up at the old Galaxy Cinemas here in central Canada, but I'll be the first in line. I do agree with the woman earlier about the metal suits that accentuate certain, ahem, body parts. Not sure how kid friendly that'll be, but I'll gladly take the Mrs. to the show. She likes the science fiction almost as much as me. In fact, we were talking about these movie photos earlier and she remarked that she'd like to try on one of those armored get ups if given the chance - she's a still a real looker for a 45 year old gal - but figured it would be downright hot and uncomfortable for someone who's c o o t c h is covered with sand.

April 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Bob- I love your folksy comments. Sand in the lady parts seems to be a problem for you and the Mrs. Exactly, why is that? lol...

April 30, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • chanel red

its your store...you could have just parked your ass down...instead of walking back and forth

April 30, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sabbatical is good...just send it to africa

thanks

April 30, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cassandra Sabbatical

I really like the anatomically correct metal bulges in the male and female armor. It would give me a stiffie if I had that equipment. Maybe I'll go to the bedroom for a private session with Mr. Buzzy for awhile...

April 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Miss 1 and 4

amazing.

April 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cassie Furlough

What a spectacular visual style! I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't animated!

April 30, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

The police will tell you to pay your bill, & your internet will start working again

April 30, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. fix the internet on this machine or i'm calling the police.

thanks

April 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. T

Giant robots reminds me of Jonny Sokko tv series from the '60s.

April 30, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Musical Youth

I say
    Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side
    Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side
    It's gonna burn, give music make me jump and prance
    It a go done, give me the music make rock in the dance

April 30, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |