George Jones: Stars react to legend's death
April 26th, 2013

George Jones: Stars react to legend's death

On the day of George Jones' death, several musicians are in mourning over losing not only a great talent, but a great friend.

"My heart is absolutely broken. George Jones was my all time favorite singer and one of my favorite people in the world," Dolly Parton tweeted Friday. "My heart goes out to Nancy and the rest of his family."

Country singer Brad Paisley, who recently kicked up some dust with his country/rap collaboration with LL Cool J, shared a lengthy reflection on Jones' legacy.

"George Jones' life is an example of so many wonderful things - how someone's God-given gifts can make this a richer, better place. How one human being can overcome adversity, addiction and life-threatening obstacles time and time again," Paisley wrote.

"That it is not the stumble or fall that counts, but the willingness to stand again. How a keen sense of humor and a twinkle in a person's eye can still prevail even after all of life's hard knocks. How mistakes, missteps, and bad choices are not the end of the world if a person chooses to turn them into something good. And George's life is above all the strongest example of how the love of a great woman can get a man through anything," the singer concluded. "All of this made its way beautifully into every note of the greatest voice country music will ever know, and one of the greatest friends you could ever have."

Paisley and Parton are just two of the several celebrities who shared their memories and respect for the singer/songwriter, who died in Nashville at 81.

Kris Kristofferson: "George Jones was the greatest country singer since Hank Williams and a truly beautiful human being. The world's a sadder place without him."

Alan Jackson: "Well, heaven better get ready for some great country music. While George was known for his wild and crazy days, I've known him for 25 years as a friend. He had grown into a real good man. Of course, he will always be the greatest singer and interpreter of real country music – there'll never be another. Like the song says, 'You know this old world is full of singers, but just a few are chosen to tear your heart out when they sing. Imagine life without them. Who's gonna fill their shoes.'"

Travis Tritt: "I am just devastated by the news that George Jones has passed away! The music world has lost one of the most original and innovative talents that the world has ever known. I feel such a personal loss of not only one of the greatest vocal influences of my life, but also I've lost a dear friend. Visits with George have always been full of joy and laughter. Every time I would see him, George would always greet me with a funny story or a joke! His legacy will put his name at the top of the most influential artists in history, right along with Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings. His voice will be influencing singers 100 years from now and beyond! I'm reminded of the lyrics that Waylon wrote in the tune "It's Alright". "If we all sang like we wanted to, we'd all sound like George Jones!"

Vince Gill: "There aren't words in our language to describe the depth of his greatness. I'll miss my kind and generous friend."

Loretta Lynn: "It's a sad day for country music and a great loss for those of us who knew him. I was blessed to call George my friend. He was one of the best country singers there ever was. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Nancy, and all of his family. It's a sad, sad day."

Jennifer Nettles: "I'll never forget the first time I heard the story in "He Stopped Loving Her Today". RIP George Jones. Country Legend. U will be missed."

Andy Richter: "Very, very sad to hear that George Jones died. A truly gifted singer, in or out of Country."

Lee Greenwood: "Blessed 2 have worked with heroes like Conway, Cash & @gjpossum. Their star burns so bright. When it goes out, there's a void in our hearts."

Ricky Skaggs: "THE Country Music singer of all time. The words 'Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes' has never been more true than today."

Alabama: "We're very saddened to hear of the death of our amazing friend George Jones."

Kevin Smith: "GEORGE JONES died. Whether you dig country music or not, he was a giant talent (and my Dad's favorite singer). #TheyPlacedAWreathUponHisDoor"Little Big Town: There will never be another George Jones. You are and always will be country music. Rest in peace."

Clay Aiken: "Sad to hear of the passing of the great George Jones, Soundtrack to much of my childhood. We'll lay a wreath upon his door. Rest in peace."

Shooter Jennings: "Nothing to say except George Jones will be missed. He was an incredible soul, inspiration, friend. Greatest singer of all time."

Reba McEntire: "My prayers go out to Nancy Jones today. Her partner and husband George Jones passed this morning. We'll miss George very much. RIP."

Billy Ray Cyrus: "I'm stunned and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend George Jones.The very definition of a legend. Thoughts and prayers."

LeAnn Rimes Cibrian: "‏So sad we lost "the possum" today. R.I.P George Jones and know we didn't stop loving you today. You will live on forever in our hearts."

Martina McBride: "So sad to hear about George Jones . His voice and music will be with us forever. Thoughts go out to all his family, friends and fans."

Trace Adkins: "‏George Jones was my friend, and I loved him."

Sara Evans: "So saddened to hear of George Jones' passing. He was an idol of mine and a true legend! One of the best voices of all time. I will miss him."

Faith Hill: "We lost one of the best voices God created this morning. Our hearts are saddened to hear that George Jones has passed away..."

Merle Haggard: "The world has lost the greatest country singer of all time. Amen."

Dierks Bentley: "[Nancy and Jones] had a beautiful marriage and special relationship. love you nancy. long live the possum. gonna miss my buddy. real sad."

Sheryl Crow: "Such a sad day...May you Rest in Peace George Jones."

Blake Shelton: "Really REALLY bad news. We've lost a country music legend. And I've lost a hero and a friend. Goodbye George Jones ..."

Keith Urban: "If I'm blessed enough to make it there, I look forward to you giving me the grand tour. Rest in peace George Jones!!!!!"

Charlie Daniels: "Rest in peace George Jones There will never be another one like you and we'll miss you a bunch buddy."

Recording Academy President Neil Portnow: “Two-time Grammy winner and Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award recipient George Jones was a true icon of country music. From honky-tonk tunes to country ballads, he recorded numerous hits over his legendary half-century career, including “White Lightning,” “Still Doin’ Time” and the enduring classic “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” which is considered one of the most revered songs of the genre. The music community has lost a gifted and cherished artist. His legacy will continue to be celebrated for generations to come, and our heartfelt thoughts and condolences go out to his family, his friends and all of his fans who were lifted and inspired by his music.”

Do you have a memory of Jones that you would like to share? Be sure to contribute an iReport.

Filed under: Music

1. Pinpoint my comments ... get you nowhere because you started it....

again...go outside and do something useful and try not lying for 1 hr a day....see if that works out

October 26, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. THE DATING SERVICES THING NEVER WORKED OUT FOR YOU DEAR...WHEN ON 1 ONCE...I FIND IT RIDICULOUS TOO RELY ON MACHINE TO MEET MEN.

I DID GET POKED 45 TIMES BUT NEVER WENT OUT OF A DATE THROUGH A MACHINE.....I FIND THAT RIDICULOUS.

October 26, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. NFL Jerseys

http://www.ellawholesale.com/, the quality nike shoes with best price.nike shox,shox nz,nike dunk,air max,mens jordan shoes,womens nike shoes,NFL jerseys,NHL jerseys,NBA caps,NFL caps ,find me ,find convenience, find better life,Thank You Very Much!!!
    NFL Jerseys http://www.ellawholesale.com/

October 26, 2013 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • I agree (i have no intentions of an exit)

find better. tell her know that didn't work either.....my ip address can tells when I do it and when she and Portia do it.

dating service scam did not work....

October 26, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. the 3 cowards...

great musician.

May 2, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bugger Buzzer

this man puts on a great show.

May 2, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Magge Blaisdell

George is in Heaven singing with Marty Lefty Billy Walker Roy Acuff Hank Williams . God loves country music

May 2, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. She's blogging now cuz daddy is here....

rip george...

May 2, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jean

In October of 2007 my husband and I went to see George Jones at the Alabama Theater to celebrate our 45 wedding anniversary. The chef in my daughters restaurant got us backstage passes and we got to meet George Jones and have our picture taken with him. When I said, "I've waited 18 years to see you," he humbly said, "I'm glad you made it." He put on a great show that night and made our anniversary so special. Thanks George.

May 2, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. SKY

FACTS: A YOUNG LADY HAD A FAVORITE STAR AND SHE WROTE HIM A LETTER THANKING HIM FOR
    HIS SONGS...THE STAR KEPT ALL HIS LETTERS AND READ THEM OVER AND OVER UNTIL
    THE DAY HE DIED.

TELL PEOPLE YOU APPRECIATE THE THINGS THEY ARE DOING, A MOTHER WHO HAD A
    RICH SON ONCE SAID, HE GIVES ME MONEY I SPENT IT, BUT WHEN HE TELLS ME HE LOVES
    ME IT STAYS WITH ME IN MY HEART.....

May 2, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. cindy reynolds

very,sad to hear, i had to call my uncle donald long. he has a picture of Geoge in his kitchen.Georgewas his favorite.and we grew up hearing George Jones music. loved it .still do and we'll go on listening to George until our times up.who's gonna fill there shoes .i put that song on facebook the morning i heard the sad news . no 1. will ever fill George's shoes .never forget him .his music lives on .always.my heart goes out to all.family .wife friends and fans..rip...George Jones.we all loved you .thank you for every song you sang. god bless.

May 2, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Darryl F.

GOD BLESS MR. JONES Thank You singing the songs and understanding our hearts. I was feeling a little selfish with you. I wanted you around for the rest of my life. GODS going to love your singing.

May 1, 2013 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. MargeOff

i love this man and i am so sad he died...all the best too the family

April 30, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jeff

I've been a George Jones fan for 40 years. the saddest news I have heard was when I heard that George had passed away. One thing is true about the ghildren.creat George Jones, no one will ever be able to fill his shoes. RIP George Jones. God bless and prayers to Nancy and his

April 30, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ofertas al caribe

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your web site in web explorer, would check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a huge section of folks will leave out your magnificent writing because of this problem.

April 30, 2013 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Chaplain C

George came to Salinas, CA on an off night. Only a handful showed up. Probably less than 200. George came out, looked around and said "I'm the one that doesn't show up". But tell you what, I'm going to give you something to go home and tell those that didn't come something to think about! He proceeded to sing non stop for over two hours, including about 5 Ovations. Never forget it! CC

April 30, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  16. LdyWolf

I grew up listening to Mr. Jones, sitting at my father's knee, and now my son listens to him. A gentleman and unparalleled talent that brought tears and laughter to generations, and will continue to do so with his timeless music. Thank you, sir, for a lifetime of joy as I sang badly but enthusiastically right along with you.

April 28, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Dizzyd

Well, I was wondering when the trolls would show up. They're like the WBC – no respect for the dead or their loved ones. RIP and may God comfort your family.

April 28, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kwpr

Thanks for helping me live George. I'll be sure to pay it forward.

April 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kalie West

your so right vickie...we will miss her.

April 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Right On Top Of Me-YAY

take care george...sorry we didn't sing together

April 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vickie Callahan

Very sad day....There will never be another George Jones. I am so thankful that my husband took me, my mother, daughter and niece to see him at Myrte Beach in 2009. We are truely heartbroken to hear of his passing. I know he is in heaven with my dad. RIP George Jones

April 28, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Right On Top of Me-Yay

me too vickie i will miss him

April 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bars

take care and rest in peace george...

April 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. gene

George and hank the two greatest ever

April 28, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. See Ya George

It will not be the same without you–

April 28, 2013 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  24. Jerry Edwards

Country music will never be be same. thanks for the memories George.

April 28, 2013 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. ARDY

MY FAVORITE CONTRY SINGER. REAL SAD DAY FOR ALL US COUNTRY FANS. REST IN PEACE GEORGE. YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE. I WILL NEVER FORGET HOW WELL YOU SANG AND DID I DON'T NEED NO ROCKING CHAIR AND MANY OTHERS.

April 28, 2013 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. Aaron Collins

If you don't know George Jones.? You know nothing about REAL country music!!
    You were my best friend and I'll always remember you by playing the many LPs in my library.
    God bless and Amen to You and your family..Aaron

April 27, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. norma

sad going to miss him rip george jones

April 27, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ron smith

Rip george jones our thoughts and prayers to family ! Snuffyngranny

April 27, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. EricS

Not just the greatest country singer ever, one of the very best singers this country has ever produced, maybe the best. He could break your heart by singing the phone book, let alone with his great songs. A sad day tempered only by listening to his wonderful musical legacy. Thank you and rest assured, no one's going to fill your shoes.

April 27, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. russb

RIP Possum! Watch the George Jones Tribute Video @ http://countrymusicsongs.co/george-jones-dies/.

April 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Colleen Stroud

Very sad about the passing of George Jones, He was one of my favorite country singers. We were going to Myrtle Beach, SC to see him in concert at the Alabama Theater in Aug. May you Rest In Peace George Jones, God Speed. my condolences to his family. We will all miss You.

April 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Yvonne

What a Beautiful voice you had George .You will be missed by so many of us.My favorite song that you sang was He Stopped Loving her Today.That was one of the most Beautiful songs i have ever Heard.So much Depth and so much love and so much meaning.I send out my Sympathies to Nancy and the rest of your family and i want to say God be with you and always rest in Peace .

April 27, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  33. debby

there never has been or ever will be a nother singer as good as george jones .he was loved by so many .its hard to belive he is gone .now he will sing with the angels our loss is gods gain

April 27, 2013 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  34. norma

going to miss you george jones rip

April 27, 2013 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  35. RAY CHARLES

POSSUM there will never be another singer better than you-you captivated any audience. You had sell out after sell out and they came back for more. I loved all you songs. you will be sadly missed RIP RAY CHARLES

April 27, 2013 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. Polly

George Jones – unique and ever remembered. So glad you found the Lord.

April 26, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Doug Williams

I had the pleasure of seeing George in concert many times. Each time was better than the last. He could put more into one word of a song than most could do with the whole song. One of a kind. The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

April 26, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. DON

I AM SURE THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE GEORGE. I WILL MISS HIM BUT MY FAVORET WAS MARTY ROBBINS THE MAN WITH A TEAR DROUP IN HIS VORICE. RIP GEORGE

April 26, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bev Minnick

What a great loss in the world of country music. This is what it is all about, real country music singers, he was one of the best. Today's country music can't hold a candle to singers like George Jones, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Whalen, etc. Listen to the instruments today, and voices, and lyrics, and you will have to agree there is no comparison....today's songs are not country music!!!!

April 26, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jim M

George was a good man and a great singer. The only man to sing a song that made me cry, i'll miss him......

April 26, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. presley LAFOUNTAIN

I spent many hours on the road listening to george [ we were on a first name basis] He was a favorite among Native american community and played on my reservation in north dakota and kicked ass! He'll be joining all my favorite friend's in the world. May The Great Spirit guide him and I' pretty sure I'll be having a C.C. Waterback tonite!!!!

April 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. richard

i have always loved your music the best will never forget you friend

April 26, 2013 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Melissa Trent

I grew up on "The Possum" and I absolutely love him. My dad is the biggest fan of George Jones. All my
    prayers go out to the family!!!

April 26, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Debbie

I am so heartbroken that we lost the best singer in the world today. I grew up listening to George and Tammy. We the fans have been blessed to hear an amazing talent like George Jones. The world of country music will never be the same. My thoughts and prayers go to his wife Nancy and his family, you will be deeply missed George, RIP. Who's going to fill your shoes, no one. May God bless you and thanks for the wonderful music George.

April 26, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  45. CR

We will never hear a better singer. Later in life George became as great a person as he was a singer. The world has lost a treasure today.

April 26, 2013 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Theresa Hicks

My thought and prayers for your family! I grew up listening to your music and you were always an inspiration! God Bless!

April 26, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sue collins

Rest in Peace George grew up on your and Tammys music . now you two can make music in heaven... finally together again..

April 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. sue young

you will be missed by all george r.i.p heaven is a better place having you but we have lost the greatest singer in country music nancy an family i'm so sorry for your loss but we lost too

April 26, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bob

Simply put, he was the one true voice of country music. No one has ever put more heart and soul into performing or interpreting a song. He was and will always be the greatest country singer who ever lived.

April 26, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. jackie hammack

rip George jones you were a great country singer with a heart of gold you have struggled with so many things I life but we are only human may you sing with the angels

April 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. RIP GEORGE..

April 26, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. davethedj98

Another sad, sad news day when I heard George Jones (The Possum) passed, country music has lost a great one, I love your music, R.I.P. you earned it.....

April 26, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mel Segundo

He stopped loving her today.

April 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dave

george Jones was my hero. He was an ever present "friend" in my life. At a time when no one or nothing could reach me ...George and his voice could. faced some very low times and some highs with George right there with me. The world of country music should have a required course on George. His influence will be felt for decades to come. And I for one am very sad to have lost him today.....

April 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  55. David

" Who's going to fill his shoes?"

April 26, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Connie Slough

I first heard George Jones ,that I remember of anyway in the early ,early 1960's or late 50's He was my mothers favorite singer. My father liked him very much too . His favorite song of his was HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY. You better not make a peep when that song came on . My mother said when she was young , in Lubbock, Texas ,she saw him at a concert , & he gave her a nickel & told her to call him when she was older . I always loved that story .

April 26, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  57. TYLER

THE WORLD BEST COUNTRY HAD GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN RIP

April 26, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Joe

I grew up on a tavern barstool and my first memories of that jukebox was punching out the letters and numbers to George Jones. Sad day for country fans.

April 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  59. John Carlis

So Very, Very shocked and saddened that George Jones passed away! He was one of my true Country Music heroes right next to Charley Pride. I saw him live at the Durham Connecticut fair back in 2006, and as always he put on one AWESOME show. I wish that I could have met him. I never got the chance but, I knew that he was one of the most down to earth people. Not only as a singer, but as a man as well. May God Bless Him and welcome him with open arms.

April 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Gerald M.Caruso

eight words country music lovers,singers,family,and friends can live their life by, celebrating George Jones and what legacy he leaves behind,'IF EARTH WERE HEAVENLY,JONES WOULD BE GODLY.

April 26, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  61. brian b

r.i.p we all going to miss you your songs has a lot of meaning to me I was raised on your music and will always love your music im sure my mom and dad was at the gates waiting for you to welcome you we will hear you playing your music up there

April 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Cut Snip confirmed.

thanks george for all the talent

April 26, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Larry

So glad George Jones was a people, the world would have been a sadder place without him.

April 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  64. A Sunk

good bye-a talent noone will ever every see again.

April 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Michelle

Good-Bye George.Take your place at the Opry in the sky. Dont worry no one will fill your shoes. Thank you for all the great true country music and your love in passing it on.

April 26, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Got Her All Day

rip dear

April 26, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Bal Nepomuceno

WOW, I can't believe it. Another great has passed away!! RIP George Jones, you will live on through your songs!!

April 26, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  68. 8 New Drives

i love george –

April 26, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. She Just Hacked Out--No Talent

RIP George

April 26, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. b offill

grew up listening to george jones going to miss him rest in peace .prayers for the family hes gone but will never be forgotten

April 26, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Dan

George you were the real deal. Thank you for your service, Thank you for sharing your talent. May you rest in Peace.

Semper fi carry on

April 26, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  72. StickyFingers

can't wait too see garth–rip george

April 26, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Logan

I wasn't raised on country music, when i was 13 my father gave me a copy of George Jones 16 Greatest Hits, I fell in love, that was only 8 years ago but I have never felt more for a single artist music than I have for George Jones, I cried, I'm crying now, as I hear Still Doin Time, and Wine Colored Roses. He is the greatest country music singer of all time, and my favorite of any genre. Today is a sad sad day.

April 26, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  74. martha denny

George Jones was the first singer i really liked back when he sang with Melba Montgomery.He only got better from there.A true legend in country music.I will never stop loving him.

April 26, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  75. M

im so sad this happened also...rip

April 26, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. linda s

iam saddened by the death of one of the greatest country singers of all time i grew up listening to george the possum from the early sixties on no one else has come close to the sound of country like him i will miss you rest in peace i will light a candle for you

April 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Moving Closer

rip george

April 26, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Sammy Hock

rip by dear.

April 26, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  79. kimmari tribble

George Jones & Tammy Wynette were one of the reasons I chose to go into country music.George was real country not this stuff they're putting out today.with the exception of martina dolly & Loretta country music died today RIP you've earned it.

April 26, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Peace

My family wishes your family deepest sympanthy george..xo to all

April 26, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Eric

My thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy to Nancy and rest of their family.

April 26, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. REBA AIN'T GOIN...

RIP MY DARLING...

April 26, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  83. virginia

went to see 'no show jones'in delaware,best of the best.his performance will never be beaten.he has been down a lot,but he came back from all his problems. he will be missed by all.the greatest singer in the world.our love and sympathy go to his wife,nancy,in her time of need.nancy,you stood by your man,and there will be a special place for you when it is time.country music will not be the same,but heaven will enjoy his singing.god bless.

April 26, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Kent

All the comments are accurate. He's one of the first people I ever heard on a record. I liked it. I still like it.
    I never walked the streets of Bakersfield, but George took me there.He is in my being. I'm 54 years old. It will be strange to think George Jones is not in this world.

April 26, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  85. PattieMarie

she's a loser...we can stay away officiallly now

April 26, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Madge

tears of a clown..-

April 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Bill Lane

Tears filled my eyes as I just read the "stars reactions" to George's death. I saw him perform 8 times, 7 in Pigeon Forge and 1 at the Tennessee theater. He was, and still is, my favorite singer.

April 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  88. jim bishop

Ronnie Milsap knew exactly what the possum was talking about!

April 26, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Patricia Jennings

i am so sad to hear about George Jones he was one of the greastest singer in county music.i love his music and hope it will keep coming.we will miss you but R.I.P and when we all get there with you you can sing for us.My prayers go out to his wife Nancy and the rst of his family and friends

April 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Relief

Me lub george–

April 26, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  91. pam

RIP to a great singer, i have loved listening to him for years as did my mom, we wil miss him greatly and the country music industry will be 1 great singer less with out him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time. May God comfort all those who knew him and restected him for what he has done

April 26, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  92. NOT HIM -- YAYAYAY

rip george

April 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Huge

rip george

April 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  94. TJ

His life and his music were, and always will be, legendary. There was a George Jones song for every occasion, every mood and every emotion. When your talent becomes the bar that others strive to achieve, there's nowhere else to go but Heaven. Rest easy now.

April 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  95. JODY

MET GEORGE IN A STORE IN NASHVILLE ASKED HIM TO SIGN A DOLLAR BILL HEY DID ,AND AFTER HE DID HE SAID THANK YOU FOR WAITING TILL I WAS DONE PAYING FOR WHAT HE HAD BOUGHT.HE WAS THE GREATEST TRUE COUNTRY SINGER AROUND. RIP GEORGE

April 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Deborah Accomp

i'm going for it....i want too see all his cd

April 26, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Linda

R.I.P, George Jones you have been a god sent to country music. I will miss you terribly there are no words to express my sadness. Who's going to fill their shoes. There will be no one to fill your shoes because you were one of a kind. Thank you for all your great music.

April 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Dick

i met him too....nice guy

April 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. tot movie

rip george

April 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Nick

I never met King George in person, but I still feel as though I lost a dear friend. Rest in peace Buddy, ain't nobody ever goin'a fill your shoes!!

April 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Ted Strickland

George was one of the greatest ever... I will never forget his "He Stopped Loving Her Today" So beautiful, I couldn't bear to listen to it if I wasn't in a good way. Music has changed so dramatically in the last few years he's part of that
    change which is not for the good.

April 26, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Debra

I am glad I fulfilled one of my life time dreams to see him in concert. I have seen him twice in a small setting at Renfro Valley Kentucky. Always loved his music and always will. RIP George, your music will live on forever Never stop loving yu !

April 26, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Lori S.

good bye george may he rest in peace

April 26, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Stan Turley

All I Know Is That George Has Been My Favorite For Many Years & I Have All Of His Albums & Tapes & Cd's. I Have Drink A Many Beer Listening To George & Saw Him In Concert Several Times. There Will Never Be Anyone That Can Hold A Light To George Jones. You Will Be Missed Greatly! R.I.P The Greatest Musician EVER!!! GEORGE JONES

April 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  105. stephanie m

RIP George Jones…..A Picture of us without you….heartbreaking!
    Thank you for sharing your world with your fans…friends and loved ones.
    Your contribution to the world will never be forgotten …..always in our hearts!

April 26, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  106. SamDrive

we love you and your shows...rip

April 26, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ms. Tippy

RIP George, Your back with Tammy Wynette and the two of you will make great music together again>>> A special thanks to Nancy for taking care of the possum. Prayers are with you and your family at this time of sorrow!!!

April 26, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Twitter Text From Bella Thorne

we will miss you

April 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  109. carole

So sorry to hear of one of my favorite singers death. He was a legend & he will never be forgotten.
    Rest in peace George!

April 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  110. TwitterTextFromW--

rip george...

April 26, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  111. ___

Rest well, George and say "Hi" to Tammy for us.

April 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  112. FoldingMovie

sorry about this awful separation with the fans....

April 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Bye George15

sorry about this awful separation with the fans....

April 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  114. carylon

george...i remember u the best when u were tammy jones...they sounds u put out together was awesome,,,rip in peace geogre!!

April 26, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Just saw my latest clothing purchase...

RIP george

April 26, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Jerry

George Jones gone forever. Country music died today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 26, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MaDonna

I was at work when I heard the sad news. I broke down and cried. I gew up listening to him and knowing his life threw his music. I have chills writing this now. May God give you peace Nancy and all his family. God bless all of you.

April 26, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Sunshine15

hate too part but alot of women say that about george.

April 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  119. sunshinedaydream724

Hate to part... but I won't actually stop loving him today...

April 26, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Yvette

R.I.P. George Jones, very first country song I ever listened to was, "He stopped loving her today" , made me cry than, makes me cry now. Thank you George Jones for your beautiful voice and stories.......you will be missed!

April 26, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Merlee Haggard

is another talent we will never see much longer....so sad he could go at any time

April 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  122. HummingCable

Give the man respect please! He's passed on and a rare talent that we will never see again!

April 26, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  123. SS numbaa

dear george- we love y you and we will miss you forever.

April 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Stealing DI

Sorry too see him go....

April 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Elizabeth Carmona

My favorite country singer since I was 8 years old 40 years ago, RIP

April 26, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Mickey15

that voice and that guitar noone will ever measure up too george strait

April 26, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Michael

as a country music fan I love George Jones- He is an inspiration to country fans everywhere and will be sorely missed

April 26, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Watching While Asleep-

rip–

April 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Straight Shooter M

we must give this respect..his talent will love on forever and ever amen.

April 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Nad K. Kard

rip kind sir...we will miss your talent

April 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  131. i've seen his show at grand old opre

he's appears too be a wonderful man and was/is a great singer

April 26, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Dan Kardashian

rip george...

April 26, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Jennifer

Mr. Jones shared his personal pain with every note and lyric. His voice was rich and full of depth, pouring out emotion with everything he had. His wounds were deep and yet through his music he helped us to in some way to connect with our own pains. His audiences respected him for his authenticity. The crowds loved him. And over time respected him even more for his ability to stand in his own truth. You gave so much to us Mr. Jones...thank you Sir and rest in peace forever.

April 26, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Reba has excellent vocal arrangement...

and a power that comes out of her lungs that' is amazing.....rip george.

April 26, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  135. dan knapper

it is sad but god will still hear his music and we will to through our hearts god bless him!!

April 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  136. country music sucks----

but i do like george strait.

April 26, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  137. shirley snow

They all did a great job....but Merle Haggard said it BEST....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

April 26, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  138. tim

what will possum kingdom be without him?

April 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Gerald M.Caruso

p barker,are you a product of the human race,you have just made a complete ass out of yourself.That is ,perhaps,the most ignorant statement i have ever read,oh,and in case your wondering about myself,i am a staunch conservative.

April 26, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |