Dwayne Johnson ready to 'Rock' after surgery
April 24th, 2013

Dwayne Johnson ready to 'Rock' after surgery

Last we checked, Henry Cavill's the new Superman, but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is proving to be quite the man of steel.

The actor had to have an emergency hernia surgery on Monday, causing him to miss out on the Los Angeles premiere of his new movie, "Pain & Gain."

The day before, the star explained that he'd paid a visit to his doctor, "who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic."

But The Rock appears to be recovering well after the operation, and posted evidence to his Twitter account.

"Surgery a success!" he tweeted, along with a photo of himself in his hospital bed, wearing a Superman T-shirt and flexing his major biceps. "Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend ..."

Johnson, who turns 41 next week, is said to be at home resting, no doubt in preparation for a busy summer. In addition to starring in Michael Bay's "Pain & Gain," which arrives in theaters Friday, Johnson's also in the sixth "Fast & Furious" installment, which arrives on May 24.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. jfoxtfox

one is more heated then the other...

June 22, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Evita Math

A hernia occurs when an organ or fatty tissue squeezes through a weak spot in a surrounding muscle or connective tissue called fascia. The most common types of hernia are inguinal (inner groin), incisional (resulting from an incision), femoral (outer groin), umbilical (belly button), and hiatal (upper stomach)."-....

Please do head to our new blog

June 22, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sabrina Blackwell

Hope you feel better soon Rock God Bless your Recovery take it easy your always going to be the MAN.

April 27, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Going For It

most definately....

April 26, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. casey flynn

I feel your pain rock , I had the same hernia operation done march 25th , I however didn't touch my pain pills .

April 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Photoshop

The picture of him in the hospital bed is photoshopped....

April 25, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Josh from Austin

Is it for a kidney stone?

April 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kp

CHICKEN OUT WRESTLEMENIA?

Get your Championship back from OLD FOE JOHN CENA.!
    dude. you got robbed.

April 25, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

I say he should chase down the WWE's writers noogie them until they agree to write a script which gives it back to him..

He simply can't be a complete man without a fake gold belt for a fake championship in a fake sport!

April 25, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. John

"Willie

Using Wikipedia as a source is an instant fail."

And yet, you believe WrestleMania is real.

April 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hahahha

that photo made me laugh.. glad he is doing well

April 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ThisGuyis Wrong

"Using Wikipedia as a source is an instant fail. Lacrosse, Soccer, BMX, Cricket, Ultimate Frisbee, Disc Golf are some of many professional sports that are not covered in sports sections or ESPN. Are they "fake"?"

Soccer is covered. Under More Sports on ESPN's site they have Cricket, Xgames (BMX), Lacrosse. As far as Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf, give me a break

April 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gross

The Rock is one big man. I'll bet he takes huge dumps. One of his craps is probably bigger than most of the people blogging here today.

April 25, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • flossmore

That's pretty gross I'll say........but no matter how large his craps are, they probably aren't as big as you!

April 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

That's why he got the hernia...

April 25, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

He regularly goes to africa and leaves big turds for them to carve houses out of. Mud brick hutts are so in there.

April 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Willie

Glad he is ok. There needs to be a rematch with John Cena because Rock got robbed.

April 25, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Syndrome Zed

Seriously? You think that stuff's real?

On another note – Geebus, did he actually get bigger than he was? Whatever The Rock is cooking, it smells like it'll be pretty successful (despite that tooth fairy movie).

April 25, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Uh yeah, you have proof it isn't?

April 25, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • If it's real...

why aren't professional "wrestling" results published in the sports section of major news papers and news sites, or covered on sports programs like ESPN?

April 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • If it's real...

Look up "Professional Wrestling" on Wikipedia, or click on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling.
      Read the first sentence, namely the phrase "theatrical performance."

April 25, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |

April 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Dreamer

Not sure why the results of the match determines its real-ness or not. Those are real bodies in the ring, real athletes, who have real contact and really get hurt. Whether the results are pre-planned or not may effect things like stats and ability to report on them, but certainly the physical side of it is very real. It also only appears "unreal" if you look at it under the same context as traditional team and individual sports. Looking at it as something other than sports, or maybe more than sports can help to overturn the real vs unreal debate. Before suggesting that the poster look at the wikipedia entry on Pro Wrestling, I would suggest you look Roland Barthes' World of Wrestling, or Steel Chair to the Head by Nicholas Sammond for something more thorough

April 25, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Here ya go, Willie...

A quote from that link: "The skills of the wrestlers do not determine the outcome of the match. Instead, writers work on plots and storylines well in advance, and every match is another chapter in the story. Who wins and who loses is all in the script."

Sure, these guys are skilled athletes, and the article even states that. It's just that the outcome of their matches are predetermined, unlike the rest of the legitimate sports world.

April 25, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Also, Mr. Wee Willie Winkie

I think we all know you're not going to actually READ any of these links, as you're afraid that someone's going to punch a hole in your fragile grasp of reality. People like you aren't concerned with facts; you wallow and revel in your ignorance, don't you?

April 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

How did he get robbed? His contract says he'll follow the scripts given him. That's what he agreed to do, and he gets paid well for it.

April 25, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Hey Willie, I hear ya bro. Wrestling must be real. They can swing and miss each other by 6-8 inches and STILL knock each other out. That is tough. The way they can recover too. Man, they can take a 5 minute pounding by a 350 roid raged monster and be laying prone in the middle of the ring. Suddenly they can jump up, climb to the top rope and do a double back flip as if nothing happened. Incredible!

April 25, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Danniel Peazer

well, are you going to tell me what happen? why did he have a surprise surgery? I need to know!!!!!!

April 25, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • TheBBitz

Back at Wrestlemania he got an abdominal tear in his match against John Cena. My guess is this is related to that tear.

April 25, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. redjeepchick

Could have been congenital – born with the weakness...family member has had two repaired, and I guarantee you, he's still under the pain killers or this is pre-surgery. HE would NOT be bearing down like that after surgery...

April 25, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. FunnyStuff

Glad he will be ready for all those movies, since his "return" to Wrestling was a joke. How does the champ not show up every week..... oh wait.... thats right... he's not a wrestler... he's a loser. Get some more sterroids Rock.

April 25, 2013 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
    • pirate

Sounds like you're disappointed. Did you really think he was returning to a full-time career in wrestling? You DO know wrestling's fake, right?

April 25, 2013 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Naw. He got robbed in that match against Cena. The ref had to have been payed off.

April 25, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Fsjunkie

He had a successful elder statesman promotional campaign leading up to Wrestlemania. Even though wrestling is semi-choreographed with pre-determined outcomes, those guys still get hurt...often. What you just described was The Rock in his smart businessman mode. There is no reason for him to risk wrestling any more than he does. He's actually going to have a Hulk Hogan-like legendary status in the business at this point. He's cementing a legacy. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...the WWE makes action movies too. You do know that...don't you?

April 25, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Willie

I think you have professional wrestling confused with ballet.

April 25, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |

April 25, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

None of them are wrestlers. So what's your point?

April 25, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred Evil

"Using Wikipedia as a source is an instant fail."
      And claiming that WWE is real ISN'T?!?

"Lacrosse, Soccer, BMX, Cricket, Ultimate Frisbee, Disc Golf are some of many professional sports"
      NO, they are games some folks claim to make a 'living' at, but they are NOT professional sports.
      Ok, European Football is a sport, but that you managed to type Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf with an apparently straight face completely undermines any credibility you claimed to have.

There are only three TRUE sports, per George Carlin.
      Football, Basketball and Baseball
      Everything else is either a derivation, a pastime, or a game.

April 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

@ Fred Evil:

Lacrosse isn't a sport? You've obviously never played it. It's more physical and tough than soccer, baseball, basketball combined.

April 25, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SKY

FACT: ONE LIFE, SLOW DOWN, TAKE CARE OF YOU.....GET THE NEEDED REST....LIFE WILL ALWAYS GO ON
    WITHOUT YOU...WE CANNOT CHASE IT, BUT WE CAN MOVE WITH IT.....

April 25, 2013 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
    • EARTH

FACT: everything you just shouted at us in all-caps and misused ellipses is SPECULATION, as opposed to fact. First off, you have no way of knowing for a fact that we live just one life.

April 25, 2013 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  17. Cortanis

I'm kind of surprised that it was only 3 tears and not something like 6.

April 25, 2013 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. Giggity

Can you smell what the rock is cooking?

April 24, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Hubba hubba Dave

I had the same problem, had double hernia taken care of so far so good The Rock really rock Thumbs up BRO

April 24, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. G tech

The people's champion gets his mass from Samoan heritage and regimental work outs so don't be hating on the Rock. He is a class act and a Miami Hurricane. What's not to love.

April 24, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Quid Malmborg in Plano TX

LIVING WITH A HERNIA...

www-youtube-com-watch?v=X8Ow1nlafOg

"Living With a Hernia"
    written by 'Weird Al' Yankovic

Help me out! Dig!
    All I do is grunt and groan
    Hurts me to walk anywhere
    Went to see my physician, Dr. Jones
    He took my trousers off, told me to cough
    Doctor says there ain't nothin' to discuss
    He tells me any day I might have to wear a truss

Living with a hernia
    All the time, such aggravation
    Living with a hernia
    Gonna be my ruination
    Living with a hernia
    Got to have an operation
    Feel so old

Too much back pain
    Good gawd, drives me insane
    Can't run, barely crawl
    Got a bulge in my intestinal wall
    Walk real funny, bless my soul
    Can't play tennis and it's hard to bowl
    You can't even do the splits now... Say it!
    Better call it quits now
    Now I'm sick of all this dancin' anyhow

Living with a hernia
    Hurts me bad in a tender location
    Living with a hernia
    Had enough humiliation
    Living with a hernia
    Got to have an operation

I live with a hernia
    Can't get up, can't bend over
    Now I live with a hernia
    Wait a minute...
    You may not be familiar with the common types
    Of hernias that you could get
    So just settle down, let me clue you in
    There's incomplete
    Epigastric
    Bladder
    Strangulated
    Lumbar hernia
    Richter's hernia
    Obstructed
    Inguinal and Direct

Living with a hernia...Rupture!
    I said it's causin' me such irritation
    Living with a hernia
    Have to have my medication
    Living with a hernia
    I feel bad!

April 24, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • The One Who Knows

Weird Al...the poet laureat of the twentieth century...and I mean that in a GREAT way!

April 25, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. JdMd

Cocaine is a helluva drug. So are steroids that weaken connective tissue, leading to...drum roll please...direct abdominal hernias!!!

April 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • DaleE

I'm sorry, but I had the same thing and I have nevr took a steroid or cocaine in my life. It happened because of age and the amount of weight I was using during crunches. As you age, you have fewer muscle fibers to lift the same amount of weight. Thereby causing the tears.

April 24, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Reilly

Really JD? You must have it all figured out. Guess there were no abdominal tears before steroids came along. I can't wait for your next nugget of wisdom.

April 24, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • tuffyturf

I don't know about the cocaine, but as a former lifter and personal trainer.. yes, the rock is using some type of enhancer. Could be a plethora of things. Most do not weaken the tissue, but the muscles grow so fast, that the connecting tendons, joints and the alike cannot catch up and fail. Most often you see massive joint failure, in this case, the muscles actually grew to a point that the pressure built up too rapidly and he had a massive failure of the peritoneum, in three places!

Once you get hernia's you are susceptible to recurrence. He will have to cut the juice for awhile after it heals, or he will re-rupture the weakened muscle mass.

April 25, 2013 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
    • NOMD

Sorry Doc, but hernias do tend to run in families like – my Dad, his brother and both my sons! I've been lucky so far.

April 25, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  23. The People

*cut to scene in Walking Tall*
    Dad: Someone's feeling better!
    (Rock continues to do sit ups)
    If CNN reports any casinos with 2x4s thru their front windows in the next week this is why. Truth that!

April 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. California Ed

Drugs.

They'll make you think you're Superman, sit up in the hospital bed right after surgery, mug at any camera in site, put on a Sh)t eating grin on your face, wear somebody else's costume and then attempt to be funny.

(wonder where you can get stuff like that on the street)

April 24, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Smarg

They had better not bathe him in the hospital...he will dissolve due to all the chemical steroids in his body.

April 24, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Michael Means

Note to people that don't know a thing about steroids: posting about a pharmaceutical, when you are absolutely clueless as to its chemical makeup, true side effects, actual uses etc., doesn't make you smart, it makes you look like an idiot.

April 24, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Do you use steroids? You kind of sound like someone trying to justify his own use.

April 24, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Chad Buss

Steroid Boy! He's all fake.

April 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Means

Fake? I tell you what, I'll give you $2K to go buy pharma grade gear. I don't care if you did that for 5 years – you still couldn't touch his appearance.

April 24, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Reilly

I understand your envy and need to lash out at someone who who can curl more weight than you can bench press.

April 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P.

Michael, you sound like you either are a steroid addict yourself or you have a mega man crush on the rock. It's ok I heard he takes the hugest dumps in the world, and they look like big rocks, that's how he got the nickname 'The Rock'

April 25, 2013 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  28. cpc65

Give that man 20 CCs of Actorol, stat!

April 24, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. illuminated genius

The Rock is the best pro wrestling star and WWE champion to make it big in Hollywood since Hulk Hogan. They should also give shots to Bill Goldberg, Stone Cold Steve Austin and call back Hulk Hogan for action movie roles as they make great action movie stars.

April 24, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • TurdBurgler

I'd be willing to wager he's been more successful than Hulk Hogan even.

April 24, 2013 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Spock

Has he been pinning? Probably so, from the looks of his body. But so what? He is not advocating steroids, nor does he mention them, nor does he try to corrupt children. His (formidable) body is his business, and apparently his livelihood. Were the steroids the cause of his hernias? Who knows? I've had hernia surgery twice, and I assure you I have never done steroids. Get well soon, Rock!

April 24, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rick

It doesn't matter what that hernia is called. He'll just shine up his boot real nice, turn that sumb1tch sideways, and stick it straight up its candy a55.

April 24, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ificandream

I disagree about Johnson being a great actor. Anyone who saw his transformation from nobody to somebody in the WWE would agree he knows to act. Part of the appeal of WWE wrestlers is the ability to use a microphone and Johnson is one of the best wrestlers in history with that talent.

April 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Fus Roh Dah

I really liked him in the movie: "Reno 911: Miami". Anyone that is a big Rock fan should see it. Never seen blood splatter like that before. ;)

April 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Johnny Mc

I've always thought he was a great role model to other gay men. He always looks great, has a great personality and keeps his business his own. I ever see the media saying horrible things about this guy and that is outstanding!

April 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. costrainreview

He probably shouldn't be flexing when he just had a hernia repaired, which was most likely caused by, gasp!, flexing.

April 24, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Stan

Is he gay? Just seems a little light in the loafers to me. Swishy like.

April 24, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Scott

I just assumed his surgery was to finally have his testicles removed now that they have shriveled up from the blatantly obvious use of steroids and/or HGH. Folks, you just don't get that big from working out and eating protein. No way, no how.

April 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • gcamacho33

Steroids makes them shrink. HGH makes them larger

April 24, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avery

LMAO so true.

April 24, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ShingoEX

Since he was obviously kicked otu of the WWE for violating their wellness policy (which prohibits steroid use). Oh wait...that's right...he wasn't.

April 24, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim Reilly

Or, maybe the reason he did get big is because he does have testicles capable of making testosterone, and the reason you're wimpy is because you don't.

April 24, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Brian

I've always found The Rock to be entertaining, both in wrestling and at the box office. Seems like an okay guy, so I wish him well in his recovery.

You can not be a great actor and still be entertaining. There are great actors who are a bore, too. It is what it is.

April 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. The Pebble

I like the dude but he is not an actor, he is a celebrity, there is a difference to me. A great actor is Deniro, Pacino, some of the younger guys, Pitt and Decaprio, but Dwayne, no way, entertaining for sure but when I see him cry convincingly in a movie then I will upgrade him as an actor but for now, just a decent celebrity.

April 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tevii

Yes he is a bigger celebrity than actor, I have to disagree that he ISNT an actor. When Scorpion King first came out I wouldve agreed with you. But since then he has proven he has a range. Be Cool vs. Fast Five. The man has iin fact mastered his craft

April 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mattie

Good point, but Pacino? I'm sorry , but Scarface killed whatever acting credibility he had.

April 24, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

So if an actor isn't great, they are merely a celebrity? There are tons of mediocre actors. There are some solid actors. There are few great actors. By your rationale, mediocre and solid actors are just celebrites (along with bad actors, which in this case is a given).

May want to rethink your position, skippy.

April 24, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Samuel Wyndham

Glad you are doing well. You are a great person and a good role model for the youth of our country.

April 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Squirrely

So you consider someone who uses steroids a good role model for our youth? You can very obviously tell that this guy is roided up. Not a good role model at all.

April 24, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bruce

Um....the picture is obviously fake. Did anyone else notice that? Our dear editors at CNN got duped...AGAIN.

April 24, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tevii

How so? what am i missing?

April 24, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Photoshop

You can see the black outline between his arm and the white sheets.

April 24, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ca Ed

yea, double click the pic and look. The perspective, among a lot of things, is all off.
      Finally found the guy that did Chairman Mao's swimming pics; he is now doing PS work for Hollywood celebs.

April 24, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. yo!

hernia repaired and a big infusion of steroids ... now that's refreshing. Rock is ready to do some cooking.

April 24, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ROCKWOOD

I've always liked this guy. Never any dirt spread about him that I've ever read. I bet he's a pretty decent person.

April 24, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fsjunkie

The Rock says, "IT DOESN'T MATTER if you always liked The Rock." ;-)

April 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jeff

Now that's a positive guy.

April 24, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Kevin

That's a great picture. I'll bet they didn't have any problems finding a vein.

April 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ernesto Bozzletalk

Did he have to see a geologist?

April 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Derrick J.

I was never a pro-"wrasslin'" fan, and don't particularly like many of Dwayne Johnson's movies, but I've seen him in interviews and he seems like a decent, genuine person. Somebody that would be fun to hang around and have a beer with. There are way too many arrogant a–holes in the entertainment industry, so it's refreshing to have people like The Rock who are the complete opposite. I wish you well, man.

April 24, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Jass

He has a bunch of brothers and cousins who look like him, only shorter and wider, and they are all wrestlers. He's part of a big, happy family, and it shows. Most guys his size are creeps.

April 24, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fsjunkie

I remember growing up watching his dad (Rocky Johnson) in the then WWF...alongside Tony Atlas, of course. Don't get it twisted though, i'm sure this guy is still a jock. There are stories about friendly alpha male encounters involving The Rock as well...he and Vin Diesel on the set of Fast and Furious 893 comes to mind.

April 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. aj

i thought it would have been for testicular cancer for all the steroids he obviously does

April 24, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Barry Dingle

Next to Barney Rubble, Dwayne Johnson is my favorite actor.

April 24, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Rob

I've had that surgery, and wish him a speedy recovery. My only suggestion is to take pain medicine on schedule. If you wait until you start hurting, you're playing "catch-up" with pain, and you'll lose 100% of the time.

April 24, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • janecrackedcorn

too cute, your suggestion !!
      pretty sure the Dr ' s will cover that with him as far as pain management

April 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Cat

He's such a cutie. And surgery for him would be like a paper cut to anyone else. Slap a Band-aid on it, and he's good to go. :-)

April 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Jass

They had to cut though muscles. Being a bodybuilder makes that worse. It's going to hurt when he laughs for a long time.

April 24, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. V¡xen

Have a nice day. I'm not in the mood for you fools today.

April 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  53. V¡xen

Omg!!! I know it's not real! Can't someone just come on here and make an opinion without the whole f'en world jumping down their throats? Sheesh!!

April 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Actually it is real. My buddy had the same thing happen to him and the doc said it was a good thing he got checked out, because if he waited much longer he woulve died.

April 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Tom, get back to the kids table and shut your blowhole.

April 24, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • kevin

this IS real. i had an umbilical hernia five years ago. there was a tear in my abdominal lining. the outer wall of my stomach was literally pushing out through that tear, like a little bubble under my skin. i could actually push it back in. if they hadn't fixed it laparoscopically, the piece of stomach could have strangulated and died, in which case they would have needed to cut me open to fix it before i died. the surgeon told me if that happened, i could be dead within hours. hernias are nothing to mess around with or joke about.

April 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamburger Jones

Vjxen doesn't know how to reply. He, she, or it is trying to say it knows wrestling is fake.

April 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

@Hamburger Jones..go and jerk it.

April 24, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Did he have the thing removed that makes him a bad actor?

I mean – they CAN surgically remove that thing, right? So we don't have to suffer anymore?

April 24, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Hernia?

I'm told that his medical chart clearly says "Hemorrhoidectomy", not "herniorrhaphy".

April 24, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Morris

And that information wins you and the person that told you a $10,000 fine for violating the Health Information Privacy Act.

April 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  56. iBod

That picture kills me! He's a good sport! Wishing him a speedy recovery! :-)

April 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ug

Those surgeries suck! hope he recovers quickly.

April 24, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  58. ShingoEX

" In addition to starring in Michael Bay's "Pain & Gain," which arrives in theaters Friday, Johnson's also in the sixth "Fast & Furious" installment, which arrives on May 24."

He's preparing to shoot "Hercules". Nice job completely missing that.

April 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Willie

I wonder if the last wrestlemania match against John Cena had anything to do with it. There needs to be a rematch because The Rock got robbed.

April 24, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • ArmTanz

The injuries happened during the match. He tore his abdominal muscle and adductor off the pelvic bone, but still went on to finish the match for 15 more minutes. I hope he recovers well and can step back into the ring in the future.

April 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Tom, get back in the kitchen and fix me a turkey pot pie.

April 24, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Lets hope so, Arm. He'll probably take a break and focus on the movies though. Much safer.

April 24, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Right after your daddy lets go of it.

April 24, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. j

He missed his movie premier of "Pain and Gain" with loads of pain

April 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Johnny 5

My co-workers son has installed security systems at the "Rocks" home in Miami. Its a fact that he's a very nice guy and not even the slightest bit stuffy.

April 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • He may not be stuffy - but he ruined GI-Joe 2

Granted – it didn't take much to ruin it – but he certainly DID!

April 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

That GI joe 2 was the best action movie I've seen in a while.

April 24, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie

Tom, if I want anymore cr@p from you I'll ask you to squeeze your head.

April 24, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  62. barbara haqrper

So glad the ROCK is doing good,WE LOVE HIM he is our superman!

April 24, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. zman

Abdominal hernias, left untreated, turn septic really fast and cause death within hours. I had one and when it could not be reduced (shoved back into place through the hole) I was treated by the hospital faster than a friend with a heart attack (not kidding). The doctor who worked on me told me that if I had waited as little as an hour more to seek help I would have died for sure. In undeveloped countries this is a major, preventable, cause of death. I hope the Rock takes this as an opportunity to raise awareness among those of us who don't know the danger.

April 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • kevin

zman, I dealt with one for more than a year. Didn’t think anything of it and my GI doctor said I should have it checked, but he wasn’t too concerned. Same thing, I was able to push it back in. No pain, just embarrassing to look at. So I finally got him to recommend a surgeon. This was on a Tuesday. I went to the surgeon the next day on a Wednesday. He took one look at me and said we’re doing this surgery on Friday. I said, are you sure it needs to be done that fast? He said that’s a piece of your stomach poking out through your abdominal wall. Right now, you can push it back in. But if it gets caught and strangulates, that part of your stomach tissue will die, it will gangrene and you will die within hours. We can’t take that chance. He said that being proactive, they could do it laparoscopically, a relatively easy out-patient procedure. If they waited until it strangulated, then they would need to cut me open to fix the mess and clean it out, and I could die anyway.

April 24, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  64. ※Sadie※

I like the Rock. He seems like a big, old loveable guy. He seems to have a great sense of humor, doesn't seem to take himself so seriously, has the best smile, not to mention that body. Of all the movies that I've seen him in, I think I have liked them all. Get better, big guy!

April 24, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  65. TheMovieFan

Another Michael Bay movie. Great.

April 24, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  66. Rod

Hey ROCK, you should lay the smack down on it's candy assss !!!!!

April 24, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  67. Cory

I had the chance of hanging out with him one evening in Vegas and he was a class act the entire time, very humble and down to earth. I already enjoyed his movies but now I have a different experience that just makes me have more respect for him. He will heal quick and be on run soon enough that is part of the game when you push yourself hard.

April 24, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  68. scott

With Photoshop, anything is possible. What a joke. moron needs a brain hernia

April 24, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  69. Mike

THE PEOPLE"S ELBOW WILL ENDURE!!

April 24, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  70. The Rock does rock but

That's a rough photoshop. Funny though.

April 24, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  71. Nicole

Get Well Soon Dwayne!! Even Superman needs a day off!!

April 24, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  72. Knuckles Nuclear

Good healing to you, Johnson.
    I know he's getting into even better shape to play Hercules in a new movie.

April 24, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  73. kurtwinselmann

A good guy you can't help but like..

April 24, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Giraffe Rider

He talked to me for like 10 minutes at Poquito Mas in Los Angeles one day. He was really cool.

April 24, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred Evil

So true. I WAS a fan of WWF back in the day (Iron Sheik? Junkyard Dog?), but it's been bad for soooo long.
      But regardless of that, The Rock comes off as a genuinely nice guy with a decent sense of humor, who doesn't mind being the butt of a joke either.

April 25, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. V¡xen

Something about this guy I don't like. Don't know what it is.

April 24, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

That has to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen. "I don't like someone, but I don't know why." I'd hate to be friends with you.......Me: Vixen, why are you mad at me today? Vixen: I don't know?

April 24, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • GRS62

Yeah, me too. I had thought the emergency surgery was to correct that trademark "raised eyebrow" of his.

April 24, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

@GRS62..that could be it..lol, plus that fake a** smile of his.

April 24, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

No @Bob, I have no reason to be mad at you today. It's call blogging and I was wondering what d¡(khead was going to get overly dramatic like a drama queen about my comment. Anyway, Triple H can beat this p***y to the ground in a heartbeat.

April 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Hey BV! You don't like his smile? Oh, that just can't be. lol..

April 24, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Lol..maybe its because he raises the eyebow with it..lmao. Then he went and did what Hulk Hogan did and stated acting in stupid movies. It changes my opinion of a man went he starts acting like a fairy..lol. Sorry, I know you like him.

April 24, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Oh, that's ok. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. See, I like the fact that he doesn't take himself so seriously, and takes those crazy roles. Makes him more like "everyday kind of people", not like a lot of celebrities that think their sh!t don't stink. I'm not into the wrestling thing, though, so we are coming from different places on that, too. I still like his smile. lol...

April 24, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Jass

" It changes my opinion of a man went he starts acting like a fairy..lol. Sorry, I know you like him."
      I'm sure he is very disappointed to hear that V¡xen doesn't like him. I bet he has all their albums.

April 24, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick

Vixen.....wrestling isn't real.

April 24, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Stephen

No one can stop the rock. This man is on a unstoppable roll this year and even sidelined this man never stops.

April 24, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  76. Jackson

@ Joe Williams

It never ceases to amaze me how proudly some people show off their third grade education.

April 24, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Shutthe Hellup

You seem awfully obsessed with man on man love. I can only assume you secretly have a raging crush on The Rock.

April 24, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Tom Bergeron

You want me!

April 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. DarrellSF

You know, it's postings like this that gets the FBI's attention, right?

You might want to go get some help, sweetie!

And just so you know, CNN is FAR from being "liberal".

April 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Harry Arm-Pitts

Wow. Someone got a little cRaZy with the copy/paste function. Next time, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?

April 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Travis

So far to the left from Liberal its called the Communist News Network!

April 25, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  82. frank

Mine dont look like rocks, but I cant imagine anyone produces more than me. I go 2x a day, 3 foot logs no joke. I have the metabolism of a teenager and eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of coffee.

April 25, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  83. romance

Oh i love this , interesting .I'am a sweet, friendly, beautiful lady in search of "the one" who can give me real love. so i got a blog on
    –AgeDate. C'0M-.it is the first and best club for younger women dating older men , or younger men dating older women , i love that agegap club . seriously . Add me if you love that too . thanks

April 25, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  84. Dave

Forget to take your meds?

April 25, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |