While you were working ...
April 18th, 2013

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• An excerpt from an upcoming book on morning TV alleges that Ann Curry suffered through a hellish work environment up until her departure last summer, including, but not limited to, producer-commissioned blooper reels and "who wore it better?" comparisons to Big Bird. [NYTimes]
  • Dick Van Dyke has canceled an upcoming appearance in New York due to fatigue and a "yet-to-be-diagnosed neurological disorder," but a source for the star has added that he's remaining in good spirits. [Us Weekly]
  • To celebrate Superman's 75th birthday, Cleveland's city hall will light up today in Superman's colors, and travelers can nosh on birthday cake at the airport's display dedicated to the superhero. [Vanity Fair]
  • NeNe Leakes, now that she's back with her main man, Gregg, is getting a spinoff show. "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star will next appear in "I Dream of Nene: The Wedding." [THR]
  • As far as Nick Lachey's concerned, Kim Kardashian is responsible for her fame, not him. Although the reality star says that her date with the boy band singer in 2006 paved the way because it blew up in the tabloids, Lachey has a different story: "Let's just say this: We went to a movie. No one followed us there. Somehow, mysteriously, when we left, there were 30 photographers waiting outside. ... There are certain ways to play this game, and some people play it well." [Details]
  • Stephen Colbert has been extra on fire this week. Following his rousing monologue dedicated to Boston, Colbert tackled "Accidental Racist" on Wednesday ... and this was the result:

Filed under: While you were working

1. Alucard

its hot when broads like this one get off and then pee because its just so much to take at once....good times

April 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sickamundo

{()}

April 22, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Marina

i enjoy moisture...

April 19, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sokman

I remember the flood of '93 here. It was so bad it pulled coffins out of the ground & they literally floated through town in areas close to the Mo River. Never seen anything like it. I dont know anyone who didnt have at least one pair of dry socks in their jacket pocket or purse at all times. Amazing how much better you can feel by just putting on a pair of dry socks at times like that lol.

April 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. While you were twerking...

April 19, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. glamour

most women are going back too a more glamour which is nice too see....most of the women today dress like pigs

April 19, 2013 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ann-Photo Above

perfect example for women in the news industry and women in general...

April 19, 2013 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sokman

I think Triumphs ok in the chinese joint. Its the (stereotype alert) Korean & Vietnamese places he needs to watch out for. They'll friggin eat you & use your tie for a napkin man. But at least you can lick your butt to get the taste of the chitty shrimp out of your mouth.

April 19, 2013 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

Howdy all. Happy Birthday Superman! Thats cool even if he is one of the worst superheros ever. He just has too many powers. The original series & Christopher Reeves movies are cool, but he was just too good, & that gets boring. Hilarious you cant say dlck van d-yke's name here. Way cool dude. I still watch the DVD show if I come across it, & his movies Lt. Robin Cruso & Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are great. Not a big fan of Mary Poppins, but love the chimney sweep song & dance. And thank you Lachey for giving us Kim K. I sincerely mean that, & everyone here knows it. You should do your own version of Ray J's "I Hit It First" to shut him & Kanye both up. You still treading water Peace? Gets old huh? I really feel your long tiresome day Vixen. Seems the older I get, the more of those I have.

April 19, 2013 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I hear ya. Have a nice day Sokman.

April 19, 2013 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

Treading water is an understatement. Rain has stopped, hope it stays away now! I feel really bad for the 1's whose homes are flooded.
      Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, 1 of the coolest cars, ever...lol!

April 19, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. V¡xen

Didn't he not too long ago got married? If that's the case, maybe his fatigue is because he is getting too much of a good thing (if you know what I mean). It's okay to come up for air Mr. Van D.yke; remember you're not a spring chicken anymore..lol

April 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

Hey BV! He did marry his 40 yr old gf last yr. Hmmm, what do ya call a male cougar? (the guys are all saying, "lucky") Lol!
      Long, busy, & tiresome day? Sorry. At least the w/e is almost here! Mine was ok, just wish it would stop raining! Sigh... :(

April 19, 2013 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I have to work this weekend but things are going to change soon. I would say more, but I don't feel like typing or talking much..ugh. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Pour a gallon of espresso down my throat and nobody talk, and I'll be fine.

April 19, 2013 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

Come on over BV, I have a fresh pot. I'm not a am person, so I'll be very quiet. Hope ya have time for some fun this w/e. Is your schedule gonna change?

April 19, 2013 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I'm going to be starting a new job. Manager is a real b**** and I decided to go elsewhere. I couldn't take her anymore. It's a lot better this new job. Ttyl. Glad the rain stopped, look like we might get it.

April 19, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • snap

wow

April 19, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. Peace ✌

So D. VD (can't post his name, lol) is 87 yrs old & still making appearances...good for him! I hope his headaches (according to the link) are nothing more than that.
    Did everyone have a good day?

April 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

It was ok. Nothing to write home about. Long, busy and tiresome as usual. It's all good thou. You?

April 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Peace! D!ck Van Dy ke reminds me of an old saying "You never slow down, you'll never grow old". Good for him that he's still trying to make appearances at his age. Hopefully his condition is nothing serious. I actually had a scary day today. My family insisted on going to a chinese restaurant. Just as any dog should be, I was terrified. I managed to resist all their attempts to lure me into the kitchen as I have no wish for my name to be changed to General Tso. However, when the chef took a break, I did sneak into the kitchen and left some wan-ton poop on his wok for him.

April 18, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

Be careful of those places, Triumph. They'll end up making you part of their menu. That was nice of ya to leave him a little "gifty". Good boy! Lol!

April 19, 2013 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nick Lachey

Hey yo Kanye!!!! Say there kon-yeezy THATS MY BABY! Take that Mr. West!!!!

April 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |