Peter Dinklage isn't buying his sex symbol status
April 18th, 2013

Peter Dinklage isn't buying his sex symbol status

Although the Internet would like to think so, Peter Dinklage tells Playboy he isn't getting nearly as ... far with the ladies, let's say, as has been suggested.

In the magazine's new issue, the "Game of Thrones" star plays 20 questions, one of which refers to a YouTube video that suggests playing Tyrion Lannister on the HBO series has made Dinklage pretty promiscuous.

Dinklage, who's married with a baby girl, responded with his trademark wit:

"It depends ... Is it a metaphor, like for gardening? Because if that's the case, then yes, I've been doing a lot of gardening lately. If they mean sex, they might be getting me confused with somebody else."

And when Playboy pointed out that he's considered a "DwILF," Dinklage playfully demurred there as well.

"DwILF, as in Dwarf I'd Like to [you can fill in the blank]? That's very clever," the 43-year-old said. "Honestly, I think there's an irony in all of this. I take it with a grain of salt. They'll say, 'Oh, he's sexy,' but women still go for guys who are 6'2. It's nice that people are thinking outside the box, but I don't believe any of it for a minute."

Filed under: Celebrities • Game of Thrones • television

1. Jon Froeschle

Gardening is an endless job, with many pitfalls. It doesn't take much to completely ruin a beautiful garden by planting the wrong plants, or not planting them correctly. We have plenty of articles to make sure that everything goes as planned. From planting to weeding and poisons to plant food. Never worry that you will get it wrong when you have a resource like directweb helping you.:.

My own, personal web blog
    <http://www.melatoninfaq.com/

May 7, 2013 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lexxi

I think he's totally hot, or should I say Tyrion Lannister is. I think its sad that he doesn't get why women would be attracted to him, as though height is the only thing that matters.

April 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nobody is attracted to her either..she's a ho.

thanks

April 22, 2013 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lori

No, I am not attracted to him but I find him to be very entertaining.

April 22, 2013 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pippi

I'd do him. But then I have a dwarf fetish.

April 21, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MI MACHINE

the machine goes forward...hangups and hacking...

April 21, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. danimal79

I adore Peter Dinklage. My husband is 6'1" so, yes I do like tall men, but that doesn't mean I couldn't or wouldn't find a shorter man attractive. Peter Dinklage is brilliant and witty..two attributes that make him very attractive to me. And, on the superficial side of things, I think he has a really handsome face..and amazing eyes. I have a big crush on him and would be completely star-struck if I ever saw him in person!

April 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sherri

Loved him since The Station Agent. Yes, part is his personality, but I like his face also. I'd like to see him in more films.

April 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. SKY

FACT: MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY LOOK BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE...
    .GOD VIEW ALL MEN EQUAL.

April 20, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • tracy

I find him extremely attractive but I think it's 50% personality and then 50% appearance which I never thought I would say about anyone. It also helps that he a fantastic actor and seems like a well grounded funny guy. He doesn't give himself enough credit- sure I love Jude Law but I don't appreciate him the same way I do Peter.

April 20, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Winfrey

LOVE me some Peter Dinklage!! LOVE him. And NO, women don't just go for guys 6'2. I'd say most of us have had enuff experience to know that it's what's inside that counts. We also know eyes are windows to the soul. Love Peter's eyes and smile. Yep, he is definitely a DwiLF! Believe that!

April 19, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The Jealous Phone Password Hunt

he's not bad looking...he needs too cut that hair....don't go by me i'm into bald guys

April 19, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. T. E. Sticles

Hey, don't sell yourself short, Peter Dinklage - you are a se xy beast!

April 19, 2013 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mitt Zombie

TOm Cruise would bang him ,they are the same height too.

April 19, 2013 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

Dude is awesome. He has made Tyrion the best & deepest character of Game of Thrones. You want to hate him simply because he's a Lannister, but he wont let you. & if Mini-Me can have a cex tape, why couldnt Dinklage get all the tail he wanted? Sounds happily married though & thats cool too. Peter Dinklage is a horrible name though, on many different levels. But thats just me being immature & shallow

April 19, 2013 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. TheIllustratedMom

I have had a crush on Peter Dinklage for YEARS. It has nothing to do with size and everything to do with intelligence, confidence, compassion, and humor. He is a VERY versatile and talented actor, I love his movies and he was the primary reason I started watching Game of Thrones. I am so happy the rest of the world has finally noticed this fine actor. Mr. Dinklage has obviously NOT let his success go to his head.

April 19, 2013 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. Diana

From the roles that he has played, the impression is that he is sensitive, kind and extremely smart. Women LOVE those qualities.

April 19, 2013 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  17. V¡xen

S€x Symbol Status?!!!!!! Lol.. He looks like a big headed rat..

April 18, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hrdoff

no he looks perfectly normal to me, it's easy to insult someone when you're sitting behind a computer. You are a smelly hill giant with the face of a motherless ogre. See?

April 19, 2013 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Boo

And you're a perfect example as to why some species eat their young.

April 19, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Sob..cry me a river.

April 19, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • m

have a great day..s*xy girl

April 19, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • John

I guarantee to everyone here: Vacuous here is extremely unattractive: inwardly, that's obvious; but ugly on the outside, too. No attractive person speaks of another like this.

April 19, 2013 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I wonder who you may be talking about. Lol

April 20, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Well, Vixen, you can speak for yourself. I would never say such a mean thing about anyone, let alone this man, who has more talent, charisma and courage than you can probably even imagine. Ugh – you are just nasty.

April 24, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |