While you were working ...
April 17th, 2013

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• "Breaking Bad" will return for its final eight episodes on August 11 and, since we'll obviously have tons to talk about as the series wraps up, AMC is planning an "after-show" called "Talking Bad." [Variety]
  • Beginning in 2015, a new "Star Wars" movie will become an annual event as Disney plans to release a new installment every year. [EW]
  • The next "Smurfs" film is pulling in a pop star for its soundtrack: Britney Spears. The singer will record a new song just for "Smurfs 2." Yes, we're serious. [Billboard]
  • Rihanna's canceled four of her concerts on her Diamonds World Tour due to illness ... which some people are taking as a sign that she's pregnant. Those connected with her team, though, say it's just throat issues. [TMZ]
  • But you know who is really a mom? Malin Akerman. The actress has tweeted that she welcomed a baby boy on Tuesday, and named him ... drumroll, please ... Sebastian Zincone, last name courtesy of her husband, Italian musician Roberto Zincone. [Malin Akerman's Twitter]
  • And, while we're on the subject, Maya Rudolph has finally confirmed she's expecting her fourth child with partner Paul Thomas Anderson. The actress/comedian told Ellen DeGeneres on her show Wednesday that she hopes their newest arrival will make an appearance this summer. ["Ellen"]
  • The 2013 Oscars was controversial and had way too many musical numbers, but overall wasn't bad and had nice ratings to boot. All of which means that Craig Zadan and Neil Meron will return to put on another Academy Awards on March 2, 2014. [THR]
  • If you weren't already planning to see "The Lone Ranger" when it's released on July 3, there's a final theatrical trailer that's making a last ditch attempt to reel you in with tons of exposition. Like, two-and-a-half minutes worth of walking you through the plot:

Filed under: While you were working

1. Sokman

A new Star Wars movie every year? So its gonna be rushed & half-a$sed just so Disney can say they killed the most iconic entertainment franchise ever that much quicker? Sad. Hopefully they wont try to make it a platform for the next wave of Disney kid show actors to transfer to the big screen. I dont think we need Jedi with purity rings or princesses telling our daughters its ok to walk out of the house half nekkid & act like a little wh0re.

April 18, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Hey Sokman! You know when I read that, I thought the same thing. One a year? I liked your touch about the purity rings and princesses, too. That made me laugh.

April 18, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob from Saskatoon

If you don't mind my saying, I'll bet they're going to make the next three of them all at once over the next couple years. Kind of like that Peter Jackson guy did with the Lord of the Rings movies. Then they'll release one a year starting in 2015. But you're right about those Disney princesses sending our children mixed messages, and the wrong ones at that. When I took the family down to Orlando a few years ago in the RV, you could tell half of those Disney characters weren't on the moral "up and up" and do things in their time off that they should be ashamed of. For example, when Tinkerbell squatted down to get her picture taken with my sweet little daughter, Darla, you could literally see the sand in that woman's c o o t c h.

April 18, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sokman

Hold up now Peace... Some of us take offense to people telling us we have standards :-P

April 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. palintwit

I won't be forming my own opinion on the tragedy in Boston until I hear what Sarah Palin has to say about it. Afterall, she is my moral compass and my guiding light. I hope she is for you as well.

April 18, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Like Mike said---its just a ho---got it or today..thanks!!!!

good show.

April 18, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. 34 snapshots and first unavailable..

perfect...

April 18, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. rich with 2 jobs--ho

yea right

April 18, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Reposted-Peace

Hey Triumph! What ya doing up so early? We all have standards, but, we do like some "fun", too. It's pouring here again today & we have floods everywhere! Roads are shut down, rivers are overflowing, it's just terrible right now! We have cars floating in 1of our main drags. This rain needs to stop...right now! Have a good day, Triumph!

April 18, 2013 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. Stupid Comments

=

April 18, 2013 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

He's soooo bad, he's gonna be delivered to the theme from Rocky!

April 18, 2013 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sokman

He's so bad, he aint gonna give her stretch marks, he's gonna give her Stretch Armstrong marks!

April 18, 2013 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sokman

He's so bad, that while other babies are kicking their moms, he's gonna be throwing uppercuts!

April 18, 2013 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sokman

He's so bad, while other babies are kicking their mom's bellies, he's gonna be kicking his mom's a$s!

April 18, 2013 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sokman

Chris Brown's baby is so bad. (All together now) How bad is he? He's so bad, he's gonna be giving her black eyes from the inside out!

April 18, 2013 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. Andy

So with the two producers returning for the Oscars next year, does that mean we can expect more musical tributes (especially a HUGE nod to Chicago)?

April 17, 2013 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hello Sadie, Vixen. I too was thinking of a throat comment. Something along the lines of Chris's hands being around it. Seemed a bit tasteless though so I didn't go for it. Good job on holding back on the deep throat comment lol.

April 17, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. A.I. fans ??????

I can 100% honestly say that I have not ever once watched American Idol this season. But holy cr@p does Nicki use that accent all the time? OMG #annoying

April 17, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Yoki

U kno what dey gon name dat baby? "Slap Mai Momma Brown"

April 17, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. V¡xen

Rihanna pregnant? Hope it's not for Chris Brown; then she is stuck with him for the rest of her life.

April 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Chris Brown is definitely on my list of people who should never be allowed to procreate.

April 17, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ※Sadie※

Evening BV & Triumph, and whomever else comes on! Do you get the feeling we will have another reality show in the future if she's with child? Let's pray it's just throat issues.

April 17, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I really wanted to make a throat comment with the word deep, but I contained myself..lmao. Hi @Triumph :) .

April 17, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

April 17, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

BV & Triumph, Since when do you hold back? (lol) If she is pregnant , it's prob caused by throat issues. ;)
      Sadie, The last thing we need is another reality show...unless someone out there takes BV's advice & does a show about the Marq bloggers. Haha!

April 18, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace ✌

Btw BV, My daughter is doing well. Her friends are home & posting all their pix on face book. Yikes, very scary! Thanks for asking.

April 18, 2013 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Hey Peace. Good to hear your daughter's friends are home. I know it's unusual that I hold back. Believe it or not I do have decency standards. They're just not very high is all lol.

April 18, 2013 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |