April 15th, 2013

Ethan Zohn, Joey McIntyre tweet from Boston Marathon

As details continue to emerge on the explosions that occurred at the Boston Marathon Monday, celebrities have joined in the outpouring of support on social media.

The blasts, which occurred near the finish line of the race, killed three people, including an 8-year-old  and injured over 100 others, Boston police said.

"My love and strength go out to all those affected by the explosions!" Alyssa Milano tweeted, adding a link to where people can donate blood.

Boston natives Mark and Donnie Wahlberg, Mindy Kaling and John Krasinski turned their thoughts to their hometown:

More celebrities added their condolences:

New Kids on the Block member Joey McIntyre and "Survivor" and "Amazing Race" contestant Ethan Zohn both tweeted from the race, telling followers they were OK and sending their hope to those at the scene.

"There was an explosion by the finish line about 5 minutes after I finished- I'm ok but I'm sure there are many hurt," McIntyre tweeted as the news of the explosions broke, much to the relief of his bandmate, Donnie Wahlberg, who earlier asked his followers to tweet if they'd heard from the singer.

"Going to be off twitter for a while today," Wahlberg said. "Many friends and loved ones to check in on. Please #PrayforBoston and all those impacted by this. ... Check in on all your friends who're fans of Joe Mac. Knowing BH's the way we do, I'm sure some were out to support Joe today. No words to describe the pain in my heart, at this moment, in seeing my city torn apart this way. So sad. Please #pray4boston & the victims."

Zohn posted to his followers, "I'm OK. Most importantly, praying for those injured and affected by this. Still don't have a lot of info. Thanks for your love and concern."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Non in Casa

BAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

April 16, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Conan's HOT

yep

April 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hosan

EAT ME

April 16, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Who cares about a stupid blog with no audience...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

April 16, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. marpoop

Only self absorbed posers would read and write about this kind of hollywood stink. Who cares what a self centered actor has to say about their feelings?

April 16, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Evoled Human

g

April 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

Ciara's tweet spends a lot of time focusing on herself while stating that she is not focusing on herself.

April 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Meh

Burn the ones responsible in public

April 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Fixer2010

LOL. I can't believe CNN posted something about celebrities and tweets on the Marquee Blog (which is classified as Entertainment, btw)! How atrocious of them! Oh, the humanity! You peeps crying about CNN and "real" media coverage really need to learn how to keep off the BLOGS you aren't interested in, where people do care what celebrities have to say. I would say it's CNN's fault, but hey, you are clicking the links, not them. And secretly, you do love to read what they are saying......it's not an accident you are here, unless that is, you don't know how to use your computer. Hmmmm.

April 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joseph

Furthermore, I don't even know who the likes of Mindy Kalin or Ethan Zohan are!

April 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joseph

I REALLY don't care what celebrities tweet. Just like I don't think it's genuine when people post on Facebook that there thoughts and prayers are with the people in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and their families who's lives have been altered big time. Say your prayers in private..it's kind of self serving to say this in a tweet, or Facebook, or whatever. I DON'T CARE WHAT SOME CELEBRITY SAYS UNLESS it has substance like that guy Potter Oswalt.

April 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • YattiG

Joseph,

Why should we believe you? You've just posted your condolences on CNN!

Enagage your brain before you knock other peoples actions......

April 16, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. A ++

Its so sad.

April 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. A+

My condolences to the those affected by the bombings. Maybe if they had grown up, they would have been beliebers

April 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. 95% blocked 5% too go

Its so sad Boston is going too need further help

April 16, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jerry

"Obama to meet with Cabinet, top officials." Oh, oh! I am hoping HE and his moronic administration don't do a repeat of Benghacy on the American populace.

Celebrities, stay the h- out of this issue. We have enough hypocrites posting already!!!

April 16, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Learn to spell. Then you can criticize.

April 16, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Fixer2010

Calling someone a moron while using incorrect grammar and spelling makes a post seem.....well, moronic.

April 16, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. No Talent

that's all it is....

April 16, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. johnny malachi

Please Mr. president pass new laws making bombs illegal so tragedies like this one will never happen again. We're so scared we can't even leave our house because we're afraid of being bombed. Only new laws banning bombswill make it safe to go outside.

April 16, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Donald

Wow, I bet you think you're very clever right about now.

April 16, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Bombs are already illegal nitwit. Perhaps thats why tragedies like the Boston Marathon don't happen every day in this country. But nice job being an asshat.

April 16, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Malachi

Don't go home mad....... just go home stupid

April 16, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sarahfalin

Teach us Johnny we need your wisdom. Sarcasm off.

April 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donald

Yes Johnny, tell us what it's like to go home stupid. We want to know more about you.

April 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

You truly need help.

You can't stop bombs, but you could make the items to make them more difficult to obtain. Just like guns ... tell me the time a hunter needed a clip ith 30 rounds to take an animal down. I hunt ... you don't need assualt rifles and 30+ round clips for hunting or civilian use.

April 16, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fixer2010

I think they missed the sarcasm, Johnny.

April 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donald

No, everybody got the 'sarcasm,' it was just lame and imbecilic of Johnny to try making a connection to gun control.

April 16, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Liar

She lies way too much...people need not be bothered...

April 16, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. Ignore that...bad mood...

we need too pray all that died.

April 16, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  20. Emily : )

@stfu, Have a good day. An RN that I am does nothing to what is being made up. Good bye.

April 16, 2013 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. Emily : )

Cnn,As you may see what has come by.
    There is no need for hate here! Just help those in need. Peace,love I send to you all.

April 16, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  22. C l v r

What happen to this site?

April 16, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  23. C l v r

@ stfu! Get a life! You were born to be mean! People like you cause war.

April 16, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  24. C l v r

Why are you being mean to the women!

April 16, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  25. young nino

hey wats gud emily

April 16, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  26. C l v r

@Emily,if you were not there to help the doctors said that my brother would have died. That was in 1994 and he is doing great!

April 16, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  27. C l v r

@ Emily! Thank you for saving my brother's life when he got jump by 4 guys.

April 16, 2013 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  28. Big bold yummy

I know who you are! Doing great on here!

April 16, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  29. Dave Chappelle

Stop worshipping celebrities so much. Just don't pay attention. I remember right around September, Ja Rule was on MTV. That/s what they said. "We got Ja Rule on the phone. Lets see what Ja's thoughts are on this tragedy." Who gives a f*** what Ja Rule thinks at a time like this? This is ridiculous. I don't wanna dance. I'm scared to death. I want some answers that Ja Rule might not have right now. You think when bad s*** happens to me, Ill be in the crib like "Ohh my god this is terrible. Could somebody please find Ja Rule? Get hold of this m*****f***** so I can make sense of all this. Where is Ja? Find me Ja Rule."

April 16, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  30. Big bold yummy

@ Emily,you sound real good

April 16, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  31. My friend Al saves lives and i always tell him THAT is first.

yep.

April 16, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  32. adamthefirst

Hey celebs, do us all a favor and SHUT UP!!! This is not the time for you to get attention off of someone else's tragedy.

April 16, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  33. Emily

Sorry folks, I am a self-absorbed ego maniac with narcissistic personality disorder, so I can't help making continued comments here. I also suffer from OCD and bouts of raging paranoia because of my schizophrenia. Not to worry, I'm getting counseling and taking my meds, all the while working 24hrs 7 days a week helping people.

April 16, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Lancelot

Nahhh, you are just a fool. Now, go back to your cell and put the straightjacket back on.

April 16, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  34. Emily

@stfu! You are so sick! Sad! To say! When I save a life it is way nothing to what you are saying.

April 16, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  35. Diane Drake

@stfu! What's up your ASS?

April 16, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  36. Emily

@stfu, Glad you caught that! Very proud of you!

April 16, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  37. lroy

You people have to understand that this day is JUST not about the marathon. It is a state holiday (Patriot's Day)...a day we celebrate...you know the poem about Paul Revere's Ride...our ultimate independence from the British.

April 16, 2013 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  38. Emily

This should not happen, ever! I can not wait until the person that had the nerve to harm people gets caught!

April 16, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  39. blkdoggy421

So glad they did this article. I was wondering what the stars had to comment about the tragedy. Now I can sleep better.

April 16, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  40. Fame and Personality ROCK

spoke to the boston office....the situation is much worse then what they initially thought...

April 16, 2013 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  41. You Smell Emmie

Get a Move on-does not work anymore

April 16, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  42. M

I love too hug men with thick hands

April 16, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  43. PIX has big boobies..

yep

April 16, 2013 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  44. Emily

@ stfu! May God Bless you! With peace and love! May someone that knows you I hope that they will give you a big warm hug!!

April 16, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. We love fox news cuz its hot

yep

April 16, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  46. Emily

I am on call 24 hrs 7days wk for over 19 yrs helping people.

April 16, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  47. Low Information Voter

What is Kim Kardashian's opinion on this? It's a good thing there are news outlets like this one to ensure dissemination of information. And Obama is the best president ever.

April 16, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  48. Emily

My job is helping people! For your information!

April 16, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  49. Emily

@ stfu! Hold on,you must go back to school and learn to read!

April 16, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • again -- STFU, Emilly

ME, learn to read? At least I know how to spell a word like "knuckle," you moron.

Were you aware that you're commenting (actually, TROLLING) on the entertainment blog, and not on CNN's main news site? If you go to the home page they are actually reporting on the incident. Or you just to fking stupid to know that? And, since this is a news organization, what exactly do you expect them to do to "help" the people affected by the loss? Are you also trolling the other news organizations' websites and making the same accusations there? You're a fking loser, Emily. again - STFU.

April 16, 2013 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  50. said it once...saying it again --

STFU, Emily. Do you have nothing better to do today? Exactly what are YOU doing to help those in need, hmmm? Freak.

April 16, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  51. Emily

@-stfu! Facts are true! Too bad for you!

April 16, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  52. Emily

Cnn,means Clueless,nuckle head,nit wits. Right! If not,than stop posting things that it is not important! Nor things to anger people!

April 16, 2013 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  53. STFU, Emily...

...and get a job, get a life, or at least get the hell off the blogs - you're doing nothing but ranting and rambling.

April 16, 2013 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  54. Emily

CNN,WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT? Your fame or going to help those in need? If you have real news then tell it,not the foolishness posted from you cnn.

April 16, 2013 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  55. Emily

Cnn,What are you going to do to help those in need? Besides posting foolish things to get people upset! Cnn must be part of devil world! Finding ways to get people anger boiling on these postings. You must get a thrill! It does show how the Big man in CNN is low class! No heart! What has CNN done to help those in need?

April 16, 2013 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  56. Emily

Hi! Celeb's have the big buck's due to how we made them rich! So,time for them to reach into thee banks and send money to help those whom are going to need it after they had lost arms and legs. Those that died,the family will also need help with paying for things!

April 16, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  57. Marita Donalds

What is WRONG with you people?? Celebrities have every right to comment on this tragedy, just like everybody else! And they DO help, physically + financially! Just look at their history! And CNN is CERTAINLY giving comprehensive coverage!! Maybe none of you noticed, because you got too involved with 'Celebrity-tweets'?? – @Marita.

April 16, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  58. Yeah, well here's what I think

I understand everybody's outrage on this horrific event. Everybody has their own opinion, and everybody feels total compassion to the folks in Boston. Here's my problem with your comments. You are mad at CNN? You all realize that this is an ENTERTAINMENT BLOG. They reported on what ENTERTAINERS messages were to the people of Boston. Are entertainers not allowed to outraged by this horrible crime, and offer their sympathies for those affected, just like we do? If you want to read hard news, why are you here in the first place? Again, this is an ENTERTAINMENT BLOG.

April 16, 2013 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • kat

I agree with you. When tragedies like this happen, regardless of our status in life, it makes the heart ache. My prayers are with the people affected by this tragedy, and others who have been through such tragedies. I know they are reminded of their own terror when the worst of man kind rears it's ugly face again and again.

April 16, 2013 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  59. sabinabarnes

This is not about the famous, its about those that have been hurt. And finding out who would do something like this. Cant even go to a event,with your family without something happening.

April 16, 2013 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  60. John Zunski

CNN = Celebrity News Network... Where's Bernard Shaw when we need him?

April 16, 2013 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Timme62

Not sure if you are smart enough to notice or not John, but you are in the entertainment section of CNN so what do you expect...stock market quotes?

April 16, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
      • John Zunski

Hey Timme62, thanks for the news bulletin, but, when it is in the headlines of CNN's Homepage, I'm going to comment. So, don't let me interrupt your enjoyment of smoking the skin pipes of people who could care less you exist.

April 16, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • So

John, did you perhaps notice at the top of the blog "Marquee Blog" and see where the ENTERTAINMENT section place is? This is not the Home page, buddy. It's the ENTERTAINMENT section. Try reading before you attack somebody who is actually correct. Sucks to be stupid, doesn't it.

April 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  61. cheeseroll

Stop appealing to authority, CNN.

Celebs aren't experts on terrorism and nobody pays special attention to what they're saying.

Why should their "condolences" matter more than condolences offered by any other person? But I suppose that it's just a grotesque and underhand way of garnering publicity. This makes me sick, really.

April 16, 2013 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • betty

Really? Someone sending their payers and concerns make you ill? You have bigger problems than you realize.

April 16, 2013 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Maragie

Cheeseroll your are sick dude. We know that celebs are not expert in terror, but they are human with a heart, which I believe you don't have. I pity people like you, get offended just because by a simple condolence by the celebs, wake up dude, life is so precious. Live your life with tomorrow's love like you are living in a borrow time. Get a life Cheeserool or the mouse are gong to eat your cheese.

April 16, 2013 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  62. Not Home...

What a waste air digital air

April 16, 2013 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  63. You can't find it...and never will...

April 16, 2013 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  64. csam

no one gives a crap what celebrities have to say about jack. this is not jack. the only reason it is news is because you choose to make it news continually, showing how bad you are at your jobs. this is a serious situation that deserves real coverage, not "tweets" and opinions from over-celebrated drama queens and self-righteous tools

April 16, 2013 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  65. leo

tomorrow i will join the peoples republic army...the north korean army. anyways america is no different than north korea both ugly countries have an ugly DICTATOR.

April 16, 2013 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  66. leo

its obamas fault his to blame...

April 16, 2013 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave Green

You're such a cretin you don't even deserve this response. You can't give the partisan crap a rest for even one day! You partisan creeps are going to destroy this country, because you clearly hate your political rivals more than you love America.

April 16, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  67. Tehya

I find it ironic that all the celebrity attackers refer to no one being interested in what celebrities have to say yet they assume, by writing here, that ANYBODY cares what they (attackers) have to say! Are you all so full of YOURSELVES? They have as much of a right as anybody else to tweet or post re. this tragedy. Just get off the Entertainment section and you won't have to be so offended by celebrities and CNN entertainment coverage..

April 16, 2013 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  68. Super kitty

@tom, don't read the entertainment blog then you idiot . ENT ER TAIN MENT..

April 16, 2013 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

It's not in the entertainment section. It's on the home page, HOMEPAGE. Because in our morally bankrupt country what celebrities tweet passes as news. I'm just incredulous it's even here but why should I be? We've dumbed down the country to the level that what self absorbed idiots have to say supercedes everything else in life. Sorry to interrupt you Kitty; you can go back to what Kim Kardashian things about all this.

April 16, 2013 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  69. mindcrime

Stop PRAYING FOR BOSTON.

And get off your a** and DO SOMETHING FOR BOSTON THAT ACTUALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

April 16, 2013 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  70. sabinabarnes

Lets put more energy towards finding the person or persons who committed this act of violence, and throw them under the jail. And stop focusing on the celebs and the comments, the are making. We should be more concern about the people of boston who were affected by all this.

April 16, 2013 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
    • jUSTacOUNTRYbOY

gEE.............. sOMEONE SHOULD PASS A LAW AGAINST BOMBS THEN THIS
      KIND OF THING COULD NOT HAPPEN.
      BOMB CONTROL WILL MAKE EVERYONE SAFE.

April 16, 2013 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • awful--just awful

April 16, 2013 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • DC1973

Did you miss the fact that a whole lot of these celebrities *are* people from Boston who've been affected by this, or ... ?

April 16, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  71. Rogue351

WHO CARES WHAT THE Celebrities think of ANYTHING !! The only reason the comment at all is to get the free press. Next News stories is going to be who did not comment and speculations as to why. These peoples opinions are irrelevant. THIS IS STUPID REPORTING. People lost their lives stop making it about the rich and famous. Who cares what the so called stars had to say. Give the American people facts, not more "Reality TV".

April 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tehya

Rogue, according to your reasoning, why should we care what you say? So why are you writing on here since you don't think they have any right to say anything? Then neither do you.

April 16, 2013 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Nathan

Celebrities talking about current events is almost as annoying as people whining about celebrities talking about current events–especially when the celebrities are at least being kind and positive and sensitive about the event they are talking about and the person whining is just too stuck up on their perpetual soapbox to realize that this is not the right time to whine about celebrities.

April 16, 2013 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  72. chiquata

I send out prayers to all the family and people affected by this horrible violince

April 15, 2013 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. buongiorno

STAND TOGETHER AS A NATION AND WE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE

April 15, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  74. buongiorno

how about we stand together as a nation and OVERCOME THIS

April 15, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. kipper

it is sad that CNN chooses to spend time on what celebrities feel at a time like this. Who cares?
    Moving to Fox...... see ya CNN.

April 15, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • michael

Most of the celebrities mentioned are native Bostonians or know people from Boston. It's called freedom of speech, so STFU and go watch Fox, which is about your mentality.

April 15, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • willielove

agree, who cares' what these immoral celebs. i don't think people care if they don't post. it's not about them

April 16, 2013 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  76. DC1973

The celebrities from Boston – Mark and Donnie Wahlberg, Joey McIntyre, Mindy Kaling, John Krasinski – have more right to talk about the tragedy in their hometown than most people here do.

April 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  77. TJ

Can anyone tell if that was actually Steven Speilberg helping victims at the finish line? There is a guy in one of the white jackets and blue stripes with sunglasses.

April 15, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • DC1973

No, it's not him. According to one of the commenters on Reddit, he's a doctor from NY named Martin Levine.

April 15, 2013 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dannyboy

My god I just can't believe all the negative comments directed at celebrities tweeting their sympathies about this horrific disaster. What are they doing wrong? If they hadn't tweeted anything, would they have been bashed for keeping silent?
    I think the celebs should be applauded for relating to the rest of us as normal human beings. Why all the hate towards them?
    I just don't get it. If people have nothing positive to say, they should just shut the hell up!

April 15, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zapped

You must be a groupie......well go f % $ K yourself, groupie. They would have been better to stay quiet then get their names up in lights. Which is EXACTLY their intentions, make themselves look good. Nauseating.

April 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clarke

I so agree with your post, thank you! Some people are so disgraceful!

April 15, 2013 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • swampfox

Who cares what these knuckleheads say or think......

April 15, 2013 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • MoMO

@Zapped

ooohhh shut the hell up already.....you are nothing more than a jealous vermin.

April 15, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

Lets see them start emptying their pockets for this tragedy instead of asking those who aren't millionaires to donate. No matter what they do they can never relate to the common person.

April 15, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Zapped

F * % K off celebs, nobody cares at this point, go get your PR time somewhere else.

April 15, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  80. sabinabarnes

So you people are really upset with the celebs,for making comments about todays tragic events in boston. This is not about them, let focus on the people who are the ones that we should be most concerned about. My prayers go out to all of those who lost loved ones and those hurt today, may justice be served to the person or persons who did this.

April 15, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zapped

Yes, it's agrivating that they're getting their 15 seconds o' fame fix and a front page red carpet to boot. If they want to do something useful they can shut their traps and start helping out by disappearing out of the media for FIVE MINUTES.

April 15, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Robert

I'm glad the really important people in America have had a chance to weight in on the subject. I'll be sure to thoroughly read each and every one of their tweets. That will make everything better.

April 15, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Dannyboy

CNN should be commended for their excellent reporting on this disaster and kudos to all the celebrities who have expressed their feelings and sympathies. It's quite obvious now that America is in a virtual state of civil war, and I fear it's only going to start getting worse and worse from now on. I would not want to be in Obama's shoes for all the tea in China. So many ppl immediately blame the government for things like this....and I don't think they stop to think that Obama is a great president, and a normal human being just like the rest of us. Unfortunately, he...or nobody else, can fix this broken, lost world we live in. Let's enjoy every day like it was our last, because sadly, they seem to be numbered!

April 15, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Living Room Paint Ideas From California Would Be Nice.

have a great night all...and please pray for these people..

April 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Disgusted

Is CNN KIDDING?

Who CARES what celebrities TWEET about the tragic loss of life in Boston?

Our society is truly pathetic.

April 15, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  85. The Jealous 3

a total waste of space...

April 15, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. I Celebs...

as long as you "have it".....you can be a celebrity anywhere....from hollywood too the town you live in...
    gotta prepare for another offer with another bigshot....take care all and have a fun night.

April 15, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  87. hjc

Just a thought on this story: great waste of space.

April 15, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  88. The King

Those are celebrities?? I haven't heard of one of them.
    What about Burt Reynolds, Raquel Welch, Adrienne Barbeau, Clint Eastwood, etc.. You know the real celebrities?

April 15, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  89. The Jealous 3

will be here until 4am...BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

April 15, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  90. dank

It's funny, I just came back from the Site for fox news channel, and the still only report 2 dead as well. don't know wear ppl are getting thier reports from on more ppl bheing dead, and it has been already said thier are no suspects in the bombing yet

April 15, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christian

1. You're trusting Fox News. That's your first mistake.
      2. Hospitals have released the reports, that's who you should be listening to.
      3. Their are no suspects, just a person of interest. There is a difference.

April 15, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Its YOUR reputation

this is the worst day in history for boston

April 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  92. The Jealous 3

so sad about boston

April 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  93. James S from wmass

So how long is it going to take for our liberal, communist leader to admit that this is a terrorist attack? And as for your 'reporting', CNN get lost with your reporting on what the weak minded, freaked out, drug induced hollywood losers think.

April 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Truth

Really? gunna run your overly opinionated, hidden behind your safe little internet, mouth at a time like this? You are a tool and need to be put back in your drawer for another day.

April 15, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • The King

Better question; When this turns out to be the work of baggers, how long will it be until the Justice Dept. declares the baggers a terrorist organization?

April 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • tger

Arent you libs glad you insisted on no more harsh interrogations on those poor terrorists. "No waterboarding". You are indirectly responsible for the deaths and injuries of those innocent men women and children.

April 15, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • The King

Good point Tger!
      Lets waterboard the baggers and find out how their terrorist attacks are being funded. Like we don't know it 's Freedomworks, and Americans For Prosperity.

April 15, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • tired of the poltics of everything

Why do you have to tie Obama to absolutely everything? Can't there be compassion and caring without it being about a political accusation?

April 15, 2013 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wilben

You are right on target James. Why must any of us wait for the Presidential Seal before calling this terror. This terror no matter who is responsible – period

April 16, 2013 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  94. Jason D

It was difficult today to contact my daughter who was in Boston, my wife would normally get press credentials to take pictures at the finish line and has on previous years, she normally stands exactly opposite the first blast.

The cells were down for a while so we didn't know my daughter had been in Boston and was walking out with a friend, she also works at Tufts so for a while we were worried when it was on lock down.

This is a horrendous attack and we will find those responsible and hopefully it will be considered federal so Massachusetts lack of a death penalty will be bypassed and this person or people will feel the full force of justice

April 15, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  95. TheTruf

Bieber just tweeted "The 8 year old that died - what a tragedy! I hope if he had lived, he would have grown up to be a true belieber."

April 15, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  96. The Jealous 3

this is the worst day...

April 15, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Nobody Wants A Trouble Maker Anymore

Celebs are what is in....deal with it...

April 15, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  98. The story was reported....

best of luck...

April 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Chris6

Who the F cares that celebs are freaking tweeting about this. Report the news not meaningless BS about celebs that just want more press.

April 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  100. dank

K people, I doln't pay attention to what celebs say, but it's pathedic that u people are more buisy complaining bout what cnn should do. It concerns me that you're more conerned about how cnn is handling things, that what's happening in boston. If u don't like what cnn is doing, thatMs cool. But if you're truely concerned bout what happened in boston, quit biatching at cnn handles sh**, and just go somewhere else to get the info that u want.

April 15, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  101. V¡xen

I just heard an 8 yr old died. R.I.P. little one :(

April 15, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Jo is right on it

RIP

April 15, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  103. The Performance Was For You ---

What an awful day for boston

April 15, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  104. CaliJoe

Celebs Tweet about marathon. So glad this link is right up there with the breaking news. This almost became more of a tragedy if we didn't know what the Celebs had to say. Thank you CNN.

April 15, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harangue

I was almost having a panic attack over what a bunch of supposed stars I've never heard of thought about this tragedy.

So glad I know now, and can rest easy. Everything is right with the world.

/obvioussarcasm

April 15, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Jealous 3

what a shame.

April 15, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  105. V¡xen

Very sad news. R.I.P to the two people that died, and a speedy recovery for those that were injured. God Bless ♥.

April 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  106. JGN

Once again you are all in-fighting and spewing hatred at each other during a horrendous time. The celebs who tweeted in are not of interest to me, no, but what IS of interest is that they care. As you all should. That poor little boy! How can you possibly fight amongst yourselves over little nothings at a time like this? Unbelievable.

April 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Joanna

RIP

April 15, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Kim Jong Un

We had a marathon in the delightful paradise city of Pyongyang...and there were no such explosions! Come and visit the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Ciara, I have a special suite reserved for you at Yodok.

April 15, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  109. calvin

Justin Bieber better keep his trap shut.

April 15, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  110. rachaelerickson

Really, Ciara?! ....I am pretty sure that your comment did place the focus on yourself....no one cares about your announcements!

I Had a lot of exciting announcements planned for 2day, but there's no way I can focus on myself during a time like this. #PrayingforBoston♥

April 15, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Chuck Steak

Justin hopes the bomber is not a Belieber

April 15, 2013 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  112. I Celeb

RIP to the 2 individuals who died today. Terrible news

April 15, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Gisele

I agree with the poster who said that if you don't want to read about what celebs are tweeting, then don't read this article. Like it or not (and I don't), what celebs tweet does indeed influence some person and it's a part of our culture–again, like it or not, that's how it is. HOWEVER, I also have to say that I get annoyed when ordinary people (and celebs too) post comments on their Twitter or Facebook status updates that read like an official press release or use hyperbole like "my heart is shattered over (insert latest tragedy)." Don't get me wrong, I'm all for praying for victims of tragedy, but it just personally annoys me when everyone feels the need to jump in and comment and get swept up in the emotion. But like another poster said, if celebs comment, they're criticized for wanting attention; if they don't comment, they're disengaged. Funny thing, our complex human nature.

April 15, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Noway

This "news" is ridiculous and pathetic!

April 15, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Sepi24

Really, CNN? Celebs? Wow....

April 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Jump In

Beat it celebs, we don't want to hear this garbage now.

April 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Elliott

Are you kidding me CNN? Who cares what celebs tweeted! You should be ashamed of yourself.

April 15, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  118. The dude

Thanks celebrities

April 15, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  119. knowlikeandtrust

This longtime fan of CNN is repulsed by celebrity tweets about today's tragedy.

April 15, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  120. jakewhite77

At the very least, please take this off your main page. This is absurd.

April 15, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Robert

To those of you who are posting about how you don't want to read about this.. Don't. No one asked you to click the link that CLEARLY states that it's about Celebrities and their tweets concerning the marathon bombing. Oh, and something else.. They posted these things to show their support for Boston and those lost or injured, just like I did when I heard about it. Posting something on twitter, doesn't mean that they are any less concerned about the events that took place or that they're trying to direct the attention to themselves. If that's the case, then everyone on Twitter is guilty of just that, not the celebrities. Also, I don't know why you're all griping about this article not reporting "The News" or about it being on CNN's home page. For those of you who know anything about CNN's website, you'd know that their home page lists top/recent stories from EVERY CATEGORY that their website covers, including Entertainment.. Which this article just so happens to fall under, as it blatanly shows when you look at the top of the page.

So for everyone that's commenting with their snarky comments about how this isn't news and shouldn't be posted on CNN; get off your high horse. You may not consider it news, but it's someone's job to post this kind of information, and believe it or not, it actually has a viewer base. This author's job is no less important than the one that you possess. They do it to pay their bills, feed their children, and create a life for themselves just like you do. Just something to think about, before you go slandering the work of others.

April 15, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • dude

Yes your majesty. We hear and obey, dork.

April 15, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Thanks Rob from C N N !

April 15, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • whaaaa?

Thanks Bob, it's all very clear now. Are you going to blame the rest of "us" as well when the celebrities decide to continue their Apology Tour for it being our fault? Your sanctimonious celebrity backing is perfect. Go back in the bubble with the rest of em. Not slander, its American citizens who are stating their opinions as to why they are sick of celebtrities telling us what is best.

April 15, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chap

This article is a disgrace to journalistic integrity and writing ethic.

April 15, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • the Jealous 3

we really need to mourn the 2 that died....its a terrible terrible situation

April 15, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  122. ee

This is Mario, Mario from Mario Kart. Luigi and I are saddened by this islamo facist terrorist attack.

April 15, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  123. rom2894

Why don't you devote space where you can print what white trash think about events as well?

April 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Thingy

OMG. I cannot believe this. Like I care what big stars like Linda Lavin think about this. Whats next, I bet all the big stars will come out like gangbusters with their opinions. So, Bernie Koppel thinks this is a huge tragedy, is that what really matters here? I bet Lillian Gish is gonna be mouthing off on the tweeter next.

April 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • dani

ENOUGH WITH CELEBRTIES – Who cares about them and what they say. No wonder CNN stinks.

April 15, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  125. rom2894

Who cares about what celebs think about anything????? Really CNN why is this important?

April 15, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Rich

LOUD NOISES!! I'm SO mad that this sub-section of CNN, devoted to celebrities, had the audacity to post an article about celebrities. Celebrities aren't real people and how dare they post their emotions online. Only us poor, non-celebrity people are allowed to have an opinion and post anonymously about our "thoughts and prayers". Never mind the fact that CNN actually has a live blog on it's main page with updates as they come in about the attack. I can't be mad at THAT link, no I have to target on the link that says celebrities, directs me to a celebrity related blog and then take the time to read and comment on said "trash" article. The people of Boston appreciate your rants folks.

April 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Brian

Have some decency and dump this trash!!

April 15, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Tron

Thank God the "celebs" took time to tweet... great job CNN covering the tweet....cnn is a joke....

April 15, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roger Smith

Yes you said it so well.

April 15, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN Comb-over Clown Tom Foreman

No more needs to be said!

April 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • WorriedDad

Jokes are funny. CNN is pathetic.

April 15, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

IT....IS....THE ...... ENTERTAINMENT SECTION!!!!! This is the section in which ENTERTAINMENT related news is disseminated, including the opinions and well-wishes of ENTERTAINERS during a time of tragedy. Stop being such a tool!

April 15, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ken _L

Thomas,

This is linked to from the MAIN page at CNN, where it does not belong.

Actually, celebrity "news" does not belong on CNN if CNN wants to be taken seriously as a legitimate news organization. But I guess with the plummeting ratings, CNN has to appeal to the vapid, too.

April 15, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  129. maggotfist

I recognize two people as celebs, seriously.

April 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  130. KJ

Are you kidding me CNN? This is not news this is TRASH. Shame on you.

April 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • WorriedDad

Yeah, they didn't even show what kind of revealing clothing they were wearing when they made those tweets. That's so unlike CNN. How are they going to keep their ratings up like this?

April 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Toddmw

From Ciara...whoever that is:
    "I Had a lot of exciting announcements planned for 2day, but there's no way I can focus on myself during a time like this"
    Oh thankyou so much for taking the focus off yourself at a time like this. Can we assume that you will be refocusing back on yourself probably tomorrow. This CNN content is disgusting!!! Here's and idea CNN. There are multiple EMT's, Paramedics, Fire and Police personnel there who are literally picking bloody seriously injured people up off the street and dealing with their horrific injuries! How about you go and ask them how their doing ??? Ask them if they are ok after this. Is there anything you can do for them ?? I think this Ciara person and those like her can go back to doing what they do best and focus on themselves. Thoughts and prayers to the injured and to the EMS folks and fire,police who are there and are doing what is most important!!! Hats off!!

April 15, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*genella pyburn

I do agree

April 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

No idea who Ciara is, and I don't want to be enlightened. A couple of good things and one exciting thing happened to me last week. The only people who care are my friends, and I talk to them in person about that kind of stuff. No one else cares nor should they.

April 15, 2013 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  132. flyfishrman

This just in, CNN reaches a new low.......

April 15, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Jathutq

Jaysus do these annoying celebrities ever shut up?

April 15, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Specimen Yarp

There was a massive plane crash in California so I tuned into CNN expecting them to be covering it. To my surprise they were talking about a celebrity and whether that person had butt implants. CNN has become a total joke and I am actually embarrassed for them.

April 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Hibbert

Wow. Another site reports a Saudi suspect is presently under guard. That will really suck if he entered the US on the Global Entry trusted traveler program that Obama approved last month, after Bush suspended. People may think that Obama is soft on terror, after Bengazi and downsizing the military with sequestration.

April 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Liz

CNN–you should be ashamed of yourself. Who gives a flying FU__ about what the hell they say. Take this SH__ off your website!!!

April 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Uncommon Sense

Somebody at CNN needs to lose their job over this.

April 15, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  138. justbeamensch

Who cares about Celebs? They are generally not deep thinkers.

April 15, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Facepalm

Who in the ninth ring of hell give a shìt what a bunch of fúcking "celebs" think on their little Twitter feeds. This really gives a sense of scope and tragedy of the thing. Nice form, CNN. A new low.

April 15, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Florist

CNN loves to have scores of interns on hand at any given moment. I'm thinking this was some 19-year-old's big idea for what the people are asking about in conjunction with this story.

April 15, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Right on! Who cares

April 15, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  140. dtd

these people live in a parallel universe compared to an average person in this country and are so out of touch with reality, why should they be the first to comment on it? they have to think for so many other important things, such as how much bigger their future mansion should be... and what fancy restaurant they are to dine tonight...

April 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Ash

I normally do not read this BS but I wanted to say what a Cheap article by the CNN

April 15, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  142. stuff

They do it to get responses form you all.....

April 15, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Some Guy

And yet all of us clicked on the article. If you want these things to stop then don't click on them. They don't really care what the content of your comment is, just the fact that there are people clicking on the link and reading it. Its like people that watch tv and complain about how lousy it is, stop watching it. I'm a vain consumer w@hore, so I eat this stuff up.

April 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  144. SpencerRifle

Yeah, that's exactly what matters to me....what do celebrities think??? My life is so empty & devoid of meaning that I have to focus on what these line-repeating trained monkeys think.

April 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Green Oak

Self-styled celebs should just shut up.

April 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  146. David

Good lord! Stop this, CNN! No one cares. Become a news organization again!

April 15, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  147. montanared

New all time low for CNN!

April 15, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Bob

Thanks TMZ... I mean CNN. Like anyone with a life actually cares what a bunch of over paid babies has to say about anything.

April 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  149. walking camera

Who cares what celebrities think. Why do they always have to put this type of link on the main page for every disaster. Are the thoughts of actors and singers more important than anyone else? Annoying as hell.

April 15, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Paul

Somebody please! Call Ja Rule so we can make some sense of all this!

April 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Max

CNN hits a new low with this as a main link. Whoever was required to write this should be ashamed of themselves

April 15, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  152. DownSideofFame

My love and strength go out to all those affected by the explosions...
    Prayers for the family's who lost love one's ....may the Holy Spirit comfort the family's amen

EWHEN LIFE IS NOT ALL, PEACHES & CREAM
    When it comes to solving , " NIGHTMARE PROBLEMS "
    Elite. Problem solvers...honest," "interactive," and "cordial "
    Our name states it. Down side of fame , AdamsFamily negotiations
    " WHEN YOU ARE TO BUSY TO EAT, DRINK, OR SLEEP "
    Let us assist U... We pull the good out of the Bad, PUBLICITY (E us at)
    Contracts24 (at) yahoo.com--we'll get back to you with our events, An event of ours, Campaign was covered By National Media Coverage...& tv ...Our people are some of the best in the world, Regardless of location and,The levelven we are in shock...

April 15, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Kay

These celeb's are really full of themselves if they think we give diddley squat what they have to say. There is no limit to their egos.

April 15, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • TomGI

Agree 100%

April 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

"There is no limit to their egos." – Kay

"Let's all send our thoughts, our prayers and our energy to the people injured in Boston. My heart is with you." – Ellen DeGeneres

"My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the city of Boston and all of those affected by this terrible incident." – Justin Timberlake

"My prayers and thoughts are with the victims who lost their lives today at the Boston marathon. " – Zoe Saldana

Buncha egomaniacs!!

April 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Rocshaun

Damn shame.

April 15, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Tristan

Wow. Just wow, words fail me. If I wanted to know what celebs were tweeting about this, wouldn't I go to Twitter to find out? Why is CNN regurgitating their tweets?

April 15, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  156. NoOne-der

No wonder why CNN is no longer considered a legitimate news source.

April 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  157. elcapitan26

This is garbage journalism and a shining example what news media has turned into. CNN is using a tragedy like this to highlight celebrities? I am extremely grateful that so many are piling on and calling CNN out for this nonsense. It's time to raise the bar.

April 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Dateless Nerd

Were the victims Beliebers? That's all that really matters.

April 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  159. jboy0127

But what about Kim Kardashian? I need to know what her professional opinion is!

April 15, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Captain Moonlight

Are we really that celebrity-obsessed that we turn to Hollywood folks for insight on how we should feel in these situations?

April 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  161. SPW

Thanks CNN, I was really interested in what Kevin James and Patton Oswalt had to say

April 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • TeddyB

Kevin *Jonas*, not Kevin James.

Just because Kevin James & Patton Oswalt were on a show together doesn't mean they tweet together.

And it's always funny how people like you claim to have no interest in what they celebs say yet here you are, reading their comments and posting your own to try and join in along with them.

April 15, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Bill

Thanks once again for keeping us informed with the most PIUS of our fail society, C N N

April 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  163. ih8cnn

This will be the last time I come to cnn.com. The fact that this is the third post is shameful. CNN had been going downhill for a while but this terrible. WHO CARES?? Give us news and updates! I say boycott CNN until they start practicing some journalistic standards again.

April 15, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  164. oldman

Hey CNN you bunch of dumb d0uche bags! Get rid of this f'n' article because nobody gives a god d4mn about what a bunch of f u cking celebrities have to say! Get off the idi0t celebrity angle and just report the news!

April 15, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Ryan

Embarrassing CNN. Wow.

April 15, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Andrew

Why is this a link on the front page of CNN.com? Why was was this article even created? Pathetic journalism CNN...once again...

April 15, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  167. be quiet

yes, let's hear what the CELEBS have to say, while this is still unfolding. God, get real.

April 15, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Archer

Great reporting CNN! I was waiting with bated breath for the celebs to tweet. I'm so excited....

April 15, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  169. whocares

this is a dumb article, who cares what these clowns think

April 15, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  170. kathy

such hate and anger in the comments being left

April 15, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Steve

**** Yourself for posting this garbage CNN. This isn't the time to pull this TMZ crap.

April 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  172. VENOMByte

The media is having a field day. So many assumptions and so many stupid questions and comments. Now they want us to know what celebrities are saying? Who gives a fack!!

April 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Annoyed

Delete this asinine article. This is so insensitive and poor journalism. CNN doesnt even have the updated death toll yet, it's been confirmed that 12 people are dead and the homepage still says 2. Way to have your priorities straight. You're a joke.

April 15, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  174. who cares about celeb tweets???

This just in: Justin Bieber has been briefed on the developing situation, and is en route.

April 15, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Lisha

Thank you for telling me about what Nikki Minaj had to say, CNN. I was really hoping for her input CNN. I don't need to hear about updated death tolls, more bombs being found, possible citywide evacuations, nooo, that's not important. That's trivial. What belongs on the front page is what Justin Timberlake thinks about the bombing. Thanks for some great news coverage.

April 15, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Bill Carey

So who cares what the "celebs" think.......just shut up!

April 15, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Arglebargle

Who gives a rat's a$$ what celebs are saying?

Let's hear from people who really matter!

April 15, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

So sad that Ciara, whoever she is, had to turn her focus away from her exciting news. But she did have to let us know of her sacrifice...

April 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Flagrante Delicto

Who cares what celebs have to say?

April 15, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  179. KBear143

I understand comments from Joey McIntyre and Ethan Zohn- both of whom were ACTUALLY AT THE SCENE because they ran in the Marathon- as in, they would be able to offer information, reactions, etc. just like other witnesses.
    Which celebs offered condolences, however, should not be among the top stories on CNN in the midst of this chaos.

April 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joal77

I agree! I can understand too Joey and Ethan since they were there, and possibly wanted everyone to know that they were alright, but everyone, else, bah!! who the hell cares?

April 15, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Aaron

The explosions are a serious crime against humanity. Why would anyone care what a celebrity thinks? C'mon CNN. I couldn'y believe you had this on your main page and felt the need to navigate here just to tell you how pathetic this is & how disrespectful it is to the victims. Focus on them!

April 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Paul

Where is Ja???

April 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Steven B.

There's a bit of snark here.

Sad.

There should be MUCH more.

This story is an insult to readers and to the victims of these bombs. Shame on you, CNN, for opting to go the cheap celeb route to increase click traffic.

April 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Charlie Johnson

Imagine a culture free of celebrities. How wonderful that would be.

April 15, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Barry

This is a disgrace to CNN that this is a homepage link.

April 15, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Veg

Ciara, you are joking right? You so made this about you...who cares what they think!! I hate twitter and celeb tweets...so corny!

April 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • AZmon

no kidding, glad I wasn't the only one that thought the same about Ciara. tasteless

April 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  186. David

I was hoping Nikki Minaj was caught in one of the explosions.

April 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • New Yorker

To GC....it is the fact that CNN has a page lspecific to their dumb tweets.

April 15, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  187. John C

What a dumb article. Like anyone would post "so glad this happened". Of course they are going to tweet sorrowful messages. This is the oppisite of news. Way to go CNN.

April 15, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Jason Viper

Good job commenters! I agree with you all whole heartedly. I was shocked to even see a link to "Celeb Tweets", and 3rd on the list to boot! Glad everybody so far doesn't give a flying F what these people think. I didn't read a single one.

April 15, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Theseus

Screw celeb tweets... how are the PEOPLE? CNN = people magazine garbage!

April 15, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Danko Ramone

Is there really ANYONE who's saying to themselves..." I'm not sure what to think...wait, before I make up my mind, what does Kim K have to say about it?"

April 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Tbe only thing that means less and I could care about less than what famous people have to comment on this is what the nonfamous in this room have to say. Why? Because the famous people are commenting about what actually happened, the bombing. But I agree I don't care what they have to say. So why do I care even less about what you have to say? Because you guys are commenting that you don't care about what these people are saying. If the famous mean nothing commenting on something, what do you think you mean commenting on them? ZERO. And what do I mean commenting on the idiots that comment on what the famous are commenting on? Even less than zero. At least I realize it.

April 15, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Mikester101

The fact CNN posts these 'celeb' tweets is representative of how pathetic this so-called news network is!

April 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  192. lathebiosas

Who cares what celebrities are tweeting. "Real" people are dead and injured. This isn't e-news.

April 15, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Jeff

LOL – Ciara??

April 15, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Samson J.

Who cares what these celebrities think,

Why is this article as high on the page as information trying to inform us of what is actually happening?

Shame on you CNN!

April 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Mikester101

Why in the hell does CNN post celeb tweets? This is not news, its an attention cry, a pr grab. Most of these hollywood twits are so out of touch they are not fit to comment on anything but their favorite color.

April 15, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  196. George

I'll bet you maybe just 1 or 2 of these celebrities would actually do something other than post it on twitter. I'd respect them so much more if they donated to the injured and dead.

April 15, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  197. BKO

Why is this a top story on CNN right now? Who cares what these vapid people have to say?

April 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Exactly

I clicked on this article to lambast the vacuous people who posted this crap. Who gives a flying F***k what these people think?

April 15, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  198. I Hate Twitter

I hate any and every celebrity who tweets condolences. It is an attention ploy. This bombing is not about you Nikki Minaj and every other idiot moron celebrity who thinks they are required to tweet their grief and then roll on with their day .

April 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • GC

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do post condolences, people whine that it's an attention ploy. If they don't, people whine about them not caring. It isn't easy being in the public eye.

April 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Mardi

OMG what does Justin Bieber have to say about this tragedy. I need to know.

April 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Baldielox

Really? That's the insightful wisdom you were compelled to add to this tragedy? I really hope there is a "special place" for people like you...

April 15, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  201. pattysboi

Who cares? Take your spam elsewhere, you've been reported.

April 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  202. james

your a dick tom. go watch fox or something dude.

April 16, 2013 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  203. JBell

Tom, It's called freedom of speech. As you criticize the celebrities, you are here running your mouth about the tragedy. Hypocrite! Celebrities are citizens just like us and have a right to express their condolences, too. BTW, you sound like you ought to be watching Fox, anyway. Good bye.

April 16, 2013 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  204. reldra

Ummm..it's on the front page.

April 16, 2013 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  205. Engage Brain First

@james @JBell – Just because a person is ignorant / aggressive / opinionated, doesn't mean that they are conservative / republican / a fox watcher. I read foxnews, cnn, dailymail.uk, reuters, ap and opinions like tom's are everywhere. So do us all a favor in this time of need, engage your brain before using your fingers to show how opinionated / ignorant / aggressive you are.

April 16, 2013 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  206. leo

tom i AGREE with you..cnn has nothing better to do then to lie to the ignorant people who voted for obama the great DICTATOR. yea i rather watch FOX NEWS where they always speak the truth...

April 16, 2013 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  207. intrepidorator

It is a sad day for the country. It is also a sad day for journalism when CNN thinks that anyone cares about what celebrities think about important issues. And many have sai that Tom would be better off watching FOX news, I waould agree. everyone would be better off watching FOX news instead of this tripe, that goes double for msnbc.

April 16, 2013 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  208. Hi baby...

BAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

April 16, 2013 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  209. Nathan

Yeah, when celebs try to infuse themselves into political discussions they know little about, I agree it can be annoying. But when they merely say "my heart goes out to those suffering in this time of tragedy" and YOU decide to whine about "what they think about important issues," then YOU are the annoying a/hole, not them.

April 16, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  210. nino

emily wats up..wats ur price

April 16, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  211. Donald

And we're already sick of you. Go troll somewhere else, loser.

April 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  212. A ++

She should go she's ruined the blog

April 16, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Chris

And I thought the people who carried this cowardly act out had issues. Perhaps if a friend of family member of yours was involved you would feel differently. However, given your lack of tact and concern for others I kinda doubt it. Not proud that you are an American.

April 16, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Sam

How would you feel if you lost your kids or parents or a close friend your neighbor oh but its only 2 people because they don't have loving families and people that care about and friends they will always be missed by those people but its only 2 you make me sick.

April 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Johnny can you believe what chris just said too you?

how embarrassing...