On the red carpet
April 8th, 2013

Taylor Swift didn't win and Twitter ain't mad

Taylor Swift is one of music's biggest and best-selling artists, but she can't claim to be one of this year's Academy of Country Music Award winners.

As Miranda Lambert won four awards and Luke Bryan nabbed the fan-voted Entertainer of the Year honor over Swift, who's won it twice before, the 23-year-old singer went home empty-handed.

And some on Twitter couldn't be happier.

"I know why Taylor Swift is at the ACM's. she's there so she can learn what real country music is," said one observer. Agreed another, "I'm Not Sure If I'm Happier That Luke Bryan Won … Or That Taylor Swift Didn't #GetOutOfCountry."

That Twitter user wasn't alone in feeling joy at the Swift shut-out during the ceremony. "I am so happy Taylor Swift didn't get anything this year," said Your Southern Darlin.

"Dear God, someone hand Taylor Swift a random award before she writes an album detailing her breakup with the Academy of Country Music," said Nascarscasm.

Others decided to let illustrations speak for them:

At least everyone loved her dress.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Taylor Swift

1. lizcarlo

Sean Penn does charity and he is still known as a jerk. I wish she would just go into pop already. A country artists does not remix there songs to sound more pop than they already are. She is a fake. The girl is not even country. Truth is she loves pop and is not country fan. She just used country as a crossover for pop. There are a lot of people who demolish Taylor in talent who don't have high sales or awards. Taylor gets a lot of sales because she is safe and vanilla. Her songwriting and guitar playing is an embarrassment not a talent. Everything about her is product and manufactured. Her music is not real, genuine, passionate and raw. Its pathetic and laughable. I don't know how anyone over the age of 16 can relate to her music. Perhaps Taylor should stop using her life as a publicity stunt. She would be a lot less irritating if she would. Taylor needs to learn what the word private means. I'm not jealous. That's just an easy cop out for her fans tell themselves. They are too insecure to realize people have different opinions. If I was jealous of someone. It would be someone with real talent not Taylor.

May 21, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Taylor Swift Tour

Hello. I agree. Looking forward to going to her next concert. Taylor Swift Tour http://www.ecitytickets.com/Taylor-Swift-Tickets/

April 14, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nothing stops the machine...it just draw me closer to what is needed.

great show!!!! hahahaa

April 10, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. EMILY AT MINUTE FUNDS HAS NO CLUE...WHO'S EMELY

RIGGED

April 10, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Let's be respectful

Regardless of your personal feelings towards Taylor, fan or not, unless you know her personally and she has wronged you in some way, petty comments and hate are uncalled for. You don't have to like her, her music or the decisions she makes in her personal life, but tearing someone down in a public forum is immature and hurtful. I find it very sad that so few people seem to have empathy for others and neglect to think about a person's feelings before saying something.

With that being said, the ignorance in this article and in the media right now is frustrating. How many people have listened to an entire Taylor Swift CD before writing a comment stating that she is talentless? As someone who listens to her music, I agree that her singles on the radio seem silly and lacking in depth, however the catchy choruses and melodies achieve their intent– they hook people and get played over and over. Intelligent marketing, I would say.

Many of the songs on Taylor's Red Album though, are more "country" and showcase her talents as a songwriter. If anyone here is interested: All Too Well, Treacherous, State of Grace and Begin Again are songs that show a more mature, deep side of her as an artist. They are vivid, full of emotion and well articulated.

Finally, with respect to people calling her immature and petty for writing breakup songs. I do agree that she comes across as bitter, petty and immature at times in terms of past relationships and yes it can be annoying. However, haven't most of us been bitter, petty and immature? If you have been cheated on or just feel completely lost/alone after losing someone, don't you complain to your friends, cry and become a little bit dramatic?

Props to Taylor for being able to express her feelings in a healthy way that is making her millions and winning her every awards there is out there...

April 10, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • DItto, man -- DITTO!

Taylor Swift is a beautiful young woman with perky breasts, shapely butt and a sn@tch that may or may not be hirsute (and may or may not contain sand) – we just don’t know at this point and need to do further research into the matter.

April 10, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • TAKES THE LEAD EVEN WHEN RIGGING...

GOOD WORK

April 10, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • dgatwood

The thing is, if people only hear the ultra-mainstream pop numbers, people who are looking for country music aren't likely to bother to listen to any of her albums. This is what's so completely broken about the recording industry today—they push artists to release a couple of songs that aren't characteristic of the rest of the artists' catalogs with the dubious promise that this will somehow draw listeners in. The problem is, anyone it draws in is going to be disappointed by the fact that the rest of her music doesn't sound like that, and anyone looking for music that doesn't sound like that isn't likely to give her CDs a chance because they'll assume that all of it sounds like that. It's classic false advertising, and all it does is harm the artist and encourage people to buy one or two tracks from iTunes instead of an entire album.

Then again, the music industry hasn't had a clue how to properly develop talent or market it for at least thirty years, IMO, hence this shouldn't be news to anyone. Pretty much the only thing the industry has going for it at this point is momentum. Short of canning a whole bunch of high-level studio execs and bringing in some fresh blood who actually have a clue, it's pretty much downhill from here as far as the recording industry goes. Good riddance to bad record execs. It's just a shame that so many talented people are likely to go down with the ship.

May 1, 2013 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. i think i will take a tap on my couch later---devil

yea

April 10, 2013 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. Script

tayor doesn't care–she's too famous at this point--justin is not a punk.

April 9, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. justin is not a punk...

he's going too be very cute when he's older....

April 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Utah Letter

taylor is delusional-

April 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jesse

So Taylor does everything right and stays out of trouble and she's hated on, but Beiber is a punk who acts like a punk and people love him? No wonder people hate America so much.

April 9, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Akhil

Taylor had achieved lot of these awards... and this is just the beginning. She's just 23 nd has been the recipient of seven Grammy Awards, eleven American Music Awards, seven Country Music Association Awards and six Academy of Country Music Awards. As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
    Trying to bring her down with this cheap article, flaunting mean tweets by jealous people. Shame on you.

April 9, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Charlie Daniels

You're all POSERS compared to me!

April 9, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Meh

I long for the day "musicians" are relevant again. These "performers" can go blow their autotuners.

April 9, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. GOTCHA.

April 9, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. dee

I could like Taylor Swift more if she would wear her feelings a little less on her sleeve. We are all getting a little wore out with her "feelings". And it also annoys me that someone who can barely sing can walk out onto a stage with huge stars like Tim McGraw and think that she's even in the same caliber of talent as someone like him. I just don't get what people see in her. She is a great role model but I don't see her as a superstar talent in any way. If she didn't have her good looks, I don't believe we would know who she is at all. I think her talent is a manufactured one by the entertainment industry.

April 9, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Stan B.

You can't. compare Tim McGraw to Taylor Swift. He's no song writer. I don't. even know if he plays a instrument . Tim McGraw is more concerned about image, fitted shirts, pants, clean shaven, than any other male country artist. God forbid, if his hat fell off and he looked natural, with or without hair. That must be his nightmare. He's a 110% image His wife hasn't. had a hit in a decade, but she keeps showing up at these events, as the so called "Queen of Country Music". Forget about Reba, Taylor, Carrie, she's still the "Queen". Faith's 15 minutes of fame was over when Shania hit it big. Now both are done. Faith just can't. deal with it. Can there be a "Greatest Hits" album, next?

April 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • music

dee....you apparently have NOT listen to an album of or been to see Taylor in concert....SHE CAN SING!!! Also unlike most other musicians out there can actually write her own songs and compose the music... annnnnnd build a mulit million dollar, spectacular show, to back it all up.....SO SHUT UP! Without those "feelings" of her being written about we wouldnt be graced with such beautiful querky fun songs again and again. Unlike alot of other young artists who dont give or have any positive messages. It is life she writes feels and sings about...like any true writer/musician...she is just more candid in the media and her fans dig it...If i had kids i would rather them listen to taylor than most of the other musicians out there now...country or not...her talent in undeniable.

April 15, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  16. deda

I voted for Luke Bryan not so much because I wanted him to win as I didn't want any of the others to win. My guess is a lot of other people did the same thing!

April 9, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • music

C'mon maaaaaaaaannnnnn, Luke bryan????? No way he is entertainer of the year? he JUST this second started to headline....there is no one in ANY music category that entertains as much as Taylor does....never has been anyone either...Madonna..even Michael jackson cant compare to her shows. and she is on ALL radio stations ALL the time....who is this luke bryan? I believe others should win and have a chance to win but.....really...Taylor not entertainer of the year is like saying the sun has disappeared.

April 15, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  17. 23k every 3 mo for 2 years...

740 computers for 2 years, working in a few mo and still getting the 23k every 3 mom....with new job.....
    dam she's good

April 9, 2013 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. random stranger

While you all are sitting here hating on her, she's still making more then most of you will ever see in a lifetime. So therefore, quite whining, or find a hobby. I give her props for being able to do her thing.

April 9, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Well

That may be true for now, but all those little tweeners are going to grow up, and where will her fan base be then? Their music tastes will change, and she will be sitting home alone writing breakup songs that nobody will want to listen to anymore. I hope she has a good money manager, so she has some of that money left when she gets old.

April 9, 2013 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Well said.

To the comment above me, I am 24 years old and a Taylor Swift fan (as are many of my friends). I am not a fan of her for the overplayed, mainstream songs like "We are never ever getting back together" (though there is no denying that these songs are catchy). I appreciate the raw, honest emotions and articulate lyrics in her lesser known tracks (for instance, the songs All Too Well and State of Grace). Being the same age as Taylor, I feel like we are growing up together and her songs often speak to my own experiences. I will continue to respect her as an artist in the future.

Just thought that I would let you know, her fan base is more diverse than you might think and we are not all "little tweeners".

April 10, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • music

I will second that....as i am 40...and i find her music raw, real, emotional....she is untouchable in the music industry as far as im concerned! I dont think everyone has to like her but everyone should give her props for being a true artists...writiing composing producing.....nuf said

April 15, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. mercedes

I love country music but I'm starting think its a closed club. That everybody would love to get into. To bad that happened. I love her music but maybe its time to transition her music dig deep and find a new voice cause id rather her be country then a pop singer. Country is more stable and everyone loves it. Find better inspiration then a boy breaking your heart.

April 9, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth Ruth

I think they make it a closed club because ANYONE can sing country music. You just kind of sing through your nose making a twangy whiny country sound. It's not really even music. Just a bunch of rednecks whining about their trucks and cheatin hearts.

April 9, 2013 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • 60 Eyes

great!

April 9, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  20. Taylor is strapped in for good...she's a no talent

and can't sing a tune too save her life -

April 9, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bob from Saskatoon

They play a lot of country music here in central Canada and Taylor Swift is a real popular gal in these parts. Can’t say that I enjoy her music myself, but the Mrs. and kids sure like to crank her up on the iTunes. Give me some Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings any day, boy. Why, just the other day I was listening to Folsom Prison Blues on my Walkman while out shoveling snow. THAT is music, folks. But, to each his own, I guess. One of these days we’re going to have to jump in the RV and take a jaunt down to Nashville, Tennessee and immerse ourselves in the whole country music experience. Just have to clear up a misunderstanding we had with the Canadian Border Services Agency the last time came back from an American beach vacation – they seriously thought the Mrs. was trying to smuggle foreign sand into the country by stashing it in her c o o t c h.

April 9, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  22. CHK DSK $I30 DF1A5EAOCAB5D3F44--

April 9, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mark B

Only imbeciles like Taylor Swift. And people who aren't too swift in the brains department. She is a whiny untallented fugly pooopopotamus.

April 9, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  24. Joe

lmao @this pieve of c/rap story. going arount twitter around the time when eoty was announced i saw a lot more people saying taylor deserved it way more than luke. but hate twist on stories is always too tempting to ignore...it does bring so much more hits.

April 9, 2013 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. humming confirmed

April 9, 2013 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  26. Dan k

Taylor Swift is one of the best artists that has ever come out of Nashville. All you have to do is listen to her song All Too Well from her Red album to realize that. The music, lyrics and raw emotion expressed in this song are brilliant. I don't think anyone who performed at the ACMs last night could match it.
    Taylor is on her Red tour now. She has gotten wonderful, even rave reviews. The rock reviewer for E! Online talks about how she went to the concert with a highly respected music critic, a 42 year old man who is a great fan of Taylor's. She also points out that critics and people in the music industry take Taylor's songwriting seriously. The critic for the Rolling Stone said her concert was "excessively entertaining." The New York Times says her voice is "stronger than it's ever been, and sturdier." Noting the moods expressed on the album, it says "in a king-size spectacle, the juxtapositions have power, one theatrical scene after the next" and it notes that that Swift is not only the brains but the brawn behind the entire show, "the unflappable force that ensures stuck landings." The Village Voice says "Taylor Swift was born to entertain." The Rolling Stone says "Seeing Taylor Swift in 2013 is seeing a maestro at the top of her or anyone else's game." And her performance of All Too Well? "It was the highlight of a show that was nothing but highlights."
    From Tim McGraw to the amazing Red concert and album–all music written or co-written by Taylor Swift, all before the age of 23.
    So, Taylor Swift didn't win and Twitter ain't mad? That's Twitter's mistake. And it will be Nashville's too, if they don't hurry up and embrace her.
    And CNN? You should be ashamed of yourselves. Anderson Cooper sure talks a good game when he talks anti-bullying. But this article amounts to nothing but cyberbullying. I am really disgusted.

April 9, 2013 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Ah well it seems the American Country Music Awards doesn't agree with all you Taylor Swift fans......

April 9, 2013 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark B

I think she is an untallented boring nothing with zero talent. All of her songs sound exactly alike. She has no vocal range. She is nothing.

April 9, 2013 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Gross

I don't care about her music - I just want to see her naked.

April 9, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

agrees with Gross
      Lets see a spread of that country bush, you hack

April 9, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan k, I completely agree

Taylor's success speaks for itself...millions of dollars, 7 grammys, sold out stadium tour

While I understand that Taylor's music is not for everyone (of course we will all have different preferences), there is no need to put her down.

One statement that I would like to get out to all of the "haters": listen to her whole album before passing any judgements on her merit as an artist. Regardless of whether or not Taylor's music is your taste, she is talented songwriter and a wonderful entertainer who remains humble and dedicated to her fans.

April 10, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • music

Dan k....THANK YOU THANK YOU....couldnt have said it better though i was trying!!

April 15, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. DIRECTIONATOR

Well I think the haters are DIRECTIONERS hahahaha oh they just love to bring her down

April 9, 2013 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  28. Sadie

Oh poor, Taylor. Bet she is just heart broken. I'll bet she is sitting at home right now writing a song about how she was wronged by the CMA's, and how utterly cruel they were to her for not giving her another award. Hey Taylor, you're in the big leagues now, suck it up. This is what happens when you actually go up against real talent. Sorry Taylor fans, I just don't like the girl.

April 9, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • dan k

You think those losers at the ACMs were GOOD? You obviously wouldn't recognize real talent if it cam up and hit you in the face. The only good song in the entire show was Highway Don't Care. Tim, Keith and Taylor were excellent. the rest of the show? Well, the co-hosts making jokes about what was in each other's pants was about the only thing I remember, probably because it was the most disgusting thing on the show. The rest, i don't even remember because all those boring phony songs sounded the same. yawn. Give me a break. Do they ever allow women to sing as many songs as the men? And they ever going to have a little diversity? Or is REAL country music supposed to be just for white people?

April 9, 2013 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Here's the thing, Dan, or Lauren, or whomever, I don't listen to country music. I didn't watch the CMA's, because I have nothing invested into who wins or loses. I just don't care! I went through my country music days, way in the past. I can tell, by your many, many, posts that you just love Taylor Swift. I don't. I find her annoying, she has a mediocre voice, her lyrics are childish, and the way she chases guys all the time, tells me she has a bit of a self esteem problem. Now, I realize the you love her, and probably belong to her fan club. You are never going to convince me that she is worth my time to "like" her. I'm not attacking you, but I find the girl to be a bit of a train wreck. Sorry, I just don't agree with you. Oh, and one more thing, I wouldn't know talent if it smacked me in the face? Get real. That's why I don't like her. She's ok for a kid, but I don't listen to childish pop/country, which is what her music sounds like. I enjoyed those breakup songs back when I was a tween, not now.

April 9, 2013 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  29. Wait Dick

Don't go anywhere. You know she'll have a reply for you. She can't leave it alone!

April 8, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kara

Geeze what haters. This post is so bias, there are tons of posts that defended Taylor and was rooting for her. Give it up to the media to turn every situation into something negative. When her performance was loaded on Youtube it was filled with comments with objections that she didn't take a single award home. Its sad that she sold more albums in a week than anyone for the past decade and is the most successful artist at the ceremony and she didn't even get recognized. If she isn't "country" than the ACM wouldn't have nominated her for 5 awards to begin with. Don't blame her that she gets nominated for awards. If she didn't show up than people would be ranting about how she's too stuck up to go to the ceremony.

April 8, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

It's because she sucks! Everybody else who was nominated was better than her. Don't you freakin' get it? Give it a rest there, Lauren or whichever name you are using. I was sick of reading your comments after the first post.

April 8, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Exactly. This post is completely biased. I'm pretty sure #enterTAYneroftheyear was trending... and a lot of people were upset she didn't win. It's incredibly sad how this country hates on someone who has success. Taylor had a great year, sold out her tour, sold millions of records, and people want to kick her down. The media created this fiction character of her that is so far from the truth. She is the most sincere, genuine, talented artist the music industry has seen in decades. Taylor is not going anywhere, and when the hate dies down, everyone is who criticized her will look like the idiot.

April 8, 2013 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Dick👎

Taylor swift sucks. How's that grab you, Lauren? Or Dan, or Jeff, or the fan, or all your many names. Sucks!

April 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. taylor fan

wow this is a very mean article.. If Taylors such a bad artist why does everytime she releases a song it shoots to number one why has all of her tour dates sold out in minutes. Just because shes trying something different doesnt make her a bad person, to me it actually makes her a smart person not to be so one sided with her fan base . Did you guys not hear her sing last night she has talent indeed. All of her songs arent about brak ups either and if they are who cares she sings about everything everyone else sings about. Gosh give her a break trust me she has fans that back her 100% and no we are not all tweens, teens, and 20 year olds. With that being said in the words of the talented Taylor Swift "Why you gotta be so mean?"

April 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Give it up, Lauren. It's getting old now. You couldn't be more obvious. Taylor sucks, accept reality. Her 15 minutes are over.

April 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • TAYLOR FAN TOO

You go Taylor Fan! Thank you!!

But for the record, that wasn't me. That was someone else proving my point.

It's not Taylor's 15 minutes that are over, its yours.

April 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

You're a sick little tweener, aren't you. Somebody must have had some free time on their hands. It's obvious it's the same person. A Taylor troll, how sweet!

April 8, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laugh All You Want

Let's not forget who is also sitting here arguing with me..oh, wait. That's you. So you aren't so cool yourself..

April 8, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Oh no, somebody has their panties in a bunch. Don't like us criticizing your little Taylor? Sob, Sob. Get over it.

April 8, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • You can stop..

And you clearly don't like it when someone has an opinion that isn't yours either. So sob, sob, sob. You can get over it too.

April 8, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh, Lauren

Just can't quit can you? I'll bet you're a Bieber fan, too. He's a loser, too, just in case you were going to say something nice about him. Hey, we got all night. At least, come up with something original, ok? lmao

April 8, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nope..

Actually, no. I am not a Bieber fan. But I do not go around bashing him, or any other famous person I do not like.
      And no, we don't have all night either. I'm guessing unlike you, I at least have a little life. You know, college. And friends to be there for. So please, by all means, keep bashing Taylor. That's fine. I realized what a big mistake I made by starting this conversation with you. You think you're always right, but you're not. And like I said, neither am I. I'm just standing up for something I believe in. So my bad. But you can take a chill pill. I'm done arguing with you. Nothing will change for me, and nothing will for you either. So this was incredibly pointless.

GO TAYLOR. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO SO MANY. ALL US FANS ADORE YOU!

April 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Lauren

College girl, huh? What 18, 19 years old? In the first place, I'm not the only person arguing with you. You assume too much. You must not come to this blog often to constantly defend somebody that most of us dislike. You have a right to your opinion, but we got your point a long time ago. You sound as whiny as Taylor, no wonder you're a fan, and might I add, one with no taste in music.

April 8, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Okayy..

But you've fooled yourself into thinking I am the only fan on here. And I'm not.
      And what?? Does this make you feel good? I don't care if you think I have a taste in music.
      Thanks for the laugh, it's been great. No hard feelings??

April 8, 2013 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dick

Lmao. Got a big life going now, do you, college girl.? Yeah, you tell us all about it. Got all that life experience under your belt. Why do you think nobody is listening to you. I just shake my head at your stupidity!

April 8, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • umm..

Seriously?? Come on..you should really stop now. You are making this into something than what it started as. And you look ridiculous.

April 8, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @um

Been reading all your many, many, many posts. We get the fact you like Taylor. Do you get the fact that a lot of us don't? I don't think so. You don't need to try to convince us. No matter what you say, you and a very few, will be the only ones who like that girl. Now, I'm sure you'll be back in a matter of minutes to tell me how wrong I am, because you can't seem to let this go, which I might add, shows your maturity level.

April 8, 2013 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dan k

I'm surprised CNN would run such a one-sided, bullying Okay! Magazine type of article on its site. It seems way below your standards, Taylor Swift is a superstar. Of course she's going to have some detractors, because she's done songs that aren't pure country–and if you noticed, the awards show had mostly male performers singing about their pickup trucks, old Chevies, or tractors. In other words, the country fans of the CMAs have pretty narrow tastes and views about what is country. And certainly with her quadruple album Red, Swift veers from that very narrow window that's country.
    My impression was Swift was at the show purely to perform Highway Don't Care with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. I have no idea who the guy was who won Entertainer of the Year- which shows how narrow and out of the mainstream this awards show is.
    Frankly, CNN? I think you wrote a snotty, bullying article. I'm greatly disappointed.

April 8, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Dan

So tell me something, how long you been out of the closet? If you are a fan, you are either 13 or gay, just saying. That girl only appeals to the tweens or those gay cowboy sorts.

April 8, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Come on..Kelly

Dan, don't listen to her. She's mad because she's got people fighting her opinion. She think's she's all high and mighty, when she's not. Just let her vent like the immature person she really is.

Dan, you're an amazing fan, and all us Taylor fans love you!

April 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Kelly you are a bully with no life at all.
      Taylor is amazing you can call me any name you want but it wont make me change my view on Taylor i love her so effin much

April 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Lauren

Good God, how many posts do you have on here anyway. Nobody likes Taylor Swift on this blog. That's just a fact. Your constant defense of that whiny, no talent singer is ridiculous. Quit trying to blame Kelly, too. I'm definitely not her. Why don't you go to bed now, so you can get some sleep before you have to get up & go to school. Again, nobody likes Taylor Swift on this blog, but you.

April 8, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Jeff and whoever else, that was not me. I would never say that.

April 8, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Soo...

Just thought you should take a look further down the blog. There are more people defending Taylor than just me. Stop talking to me like I'm 12. I'm not. Stop talking like you are 100% right. You are not. Maybe I'm not either. I'm stating what I believe, and so are you. But there is no need to start acting like a jerk because your feelings got hurt. I reply as often as I need to, so that people like you know that there are Taylor fans, and you are just making yourself look stupid. Maybe I am too, but I am fighting for something, you aren't.

April 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yeah, right!

Yeah, they are all probably Lauren. One person who loves her, and the rest of us can't stand her. Just wait until some of the regular bloggers get here. You'll get the point. Nobody likes Taylor Swift. Just wait, they'll be here.

April 8, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • AND WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Except they are not all Lauren.

And maybe if more people cared enough to sit around and argue about how awful they think she is, more people would be on here arguing with me...but no. There's you. But I can promise you I have not been the only person supporting Taylor.

April 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kelly

You're not even in this (Dawn). So take a look in the mirror hon, you'll be surprised by what you'll see.

April 8, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawna

Im probably a lot better looking then whatever kind of trailer trash you are

April 8, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

I was actually talking about a figurative mirror, but you obviously aren't competent enough to figure that out.

April 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. C--over heard 9pm call...unable too stop thanks

good work

April 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kelly

Look who's being arrogant and ignorant now? Actually, 90% of Taylor's songs come from the relationships that she's been in. And 100% of a singer's career should be based on the voice. Also, you are being disrespectful by telling to be quiet when they're trying to express their opinions without being pestered by overprotective fans. At this point, I think you're just confused. Come back when you have something mature and logical to say.

April 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

OKAY KELLY.
      Clearly if you have nothing better to do than continue to bash Taylor Swift, then you should come back when you have something mature and logical to say. And accept when you are wrong. I know Taylor Swift doesn't have the best voice, but she's famous for a reason. She does more than tell stories about her breakups. She's an all aroud good person. So accept it.

April 8, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeffrey

Kelly
      really
      Taylor has the voice and the talent.
      She sings songs about stories thats what country singers are suppose to do

April 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • This is to Lauren

Listen, honey. When you get out of junior high, you will understand what a good entertainer really is. It's somebody with a good voice, and that people actually want to see. We know you little tweeners just love her, but honey, you will grow up to be a big girl, and your opinion will mature. Until then, study hard,maybe take a music class. It will help you immensely.

April 8, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • This is to Kelly

HONEY, I'm not in junior high. So you don't know it all like you think you do. And maybe you'll realize that arguing with who you think is a "tweener" isn't all that mature. so you can go now

April 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

You clearly have nothing better to do than insult people who dare to question your idol. I never say that Taylor was not a good person, so calm down. And no, will not accept the fact that I am wrong because I am not, but I'm going to sit here and argue with you. Have fun harassing and bullying people with different opinions than yours! It really boosts your morale, doesn't it? Bye!

April 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

*not going to sit here and argue with you.

April 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • So Lauren

First off, you are a twit. Kelly didn't leave you that message, but I did. I'm on Kelly's side, though. You seem to think that we really care about what you think. Obviously, you aren't a very smart person to have such a love lust with somebody you don't even know. When you get older, you'll understand just how stupid you are.

April 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dana

I wanna pet squid

April 8, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Shelia

Taylor Swift is an inspiration to all.
    I love her more than a fat boy eats cake

April 8, 2013 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Monitor them the rest of the night -- thanks.

You are a horrific human being but i am stil better than you and would never want too be you and i will never be you, but i will get you for trying too smear me....you will never smear me because i am number 1 forever.

We have had enough of your cruelty towards me and my family.

April 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jeffrey

Like oh my peep. Taylor Swift is one of the best singers of all time. You are all just jealous of her beauty and talent.

April 8, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Your day of attention is on your way --

April 8, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  42. I have never hurt anyone, hacked, or done anything to these people

someone or all are going for they have done enough too me and my family..

April 8, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Rig-Utah

Someone will have too take the "hit" for this...sorry..its over....

April 8, 2013 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. 30-

once confirmed we will let everyone know what a disgusting human being it is.

April 8, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Amy

One word for the haters...jealous. She is pretty, talented and rich. You know you have made it big when people care enough to hate on you. Millions of albums sold and sold out venues. Enough said!

April 8, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cath

She sure seems like an embicile to me. An ignorant one. That just sings about how dumb she is.

April 8, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grannie Panties

Cath your an imbecile. learn how to spell you funking idiot

April 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dear

I hope you are doing well. My name is Emely, I am the Client Recovery Specialist with Minute Funds.

I want too reach out to you again and express how much Minute Funds truly cares and values you as a client. We sincerely hope that you've seen that we are different than any other lender you've ever worked with. It means a great deal to us that we exceed your expectations in all areas and we sincerely want to make you a raving fan.

In an effort to prove this to you with more than words, I would like to make a deal with you. I am willing to forgive your entire loan balance on three simple conditions:

1. you pay a one-time $49 loan forgiveness fee to literally just cover the administrative costs for your loan forgivness and;

2. you take a small portion of the forgiven loan and do something special for yourself, (Maybe its been too long since you and a loved one went out to dinner or maybe you need a rejuvenation day at the spa. Even something as simple as giving ten dollars to that family on your street who is less fortunate thatn you.) And;

3. send us an email after step 2 describing to us your experience. If you will commit to using these funds for whatever purpose u decide will give you just a little something to look forward to (and NOT paying bills with it!) then we will consider your obligation to us met. That's...no strings attached.

Please understand that this one-of-a-kind deal and we would be happy to give it to you. Feel free to give me a call directly or send me an email and let me know if this is something that interests you.

I hope to hear from you soon

Take Care,

Emely

April 8, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply

April 8, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dear

Dear

I hope to hear from you soon

Take Care,

Emely

April 8, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply

April 8, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. dreed

and for kelly who said "never her fault" , maybe you just listen to wanegbt, ikywt or dear john, try listen her other song.

April 8, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Patricia

I think Taylor deserverd EOTY as well. Forget the victim card. She can write a song about me any day. #classact

April 8, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Lauren

COME ON PEOPLE!
    They obviously hunted down the hater tweets! Taylor deserved to be there, just as she deserved to win album of the year and entertainer of the year! Her album contains SOME pop songs, but not all of them are. Before anyone of you go hating on her or her music, listen to the whole album!! The songs on the radio are the pop songs on the album. All the people saying that haven't listened to the whole album, so before you go talking crap, get your facts right! The whole album IS NOT pop. And she deserved to win album of the year and entertainer of the year! She is a very amazing person, and an idol to many, including me. SO STOP BEING SO MEAN AND RUDE!

April 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wildcat4

No one is hating. People are allowed to have an opinion of her and be critical of her, it doesn't mean they are hating. I have nothing personal against Taylor, but I don't think she belongs at country award shows, she's not country anymore, even by contemporary standards. Yes, she has a few 'country' songs on Red, but on the whole its a very pop album, not country. And yeah, I sometimes I wonder why she is so famous, she has a very mediocre voice, its very flat with not much vocal range.

April 8, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • dreedimam

you absolutely right

April 8, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeffy

Preach it Lauren
      Like oh my God you seem like you would be my best friend. I love Taylor Swift and everything you said about her is 100% true people need to stop being jelly of her

April 8, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

You are one passionate chic!!! I love the way you stick up for taylor and especially for yourself. Don't ever let the hate bring you down. Don't lose the compassion you have. I'm a proud 38 year old taylor fan and will always defend her from cruel individuals. They say we don't know her but we can say the same for them. The difference between us and the haters is we don't spread disgusting rumors and type nasty offensive remarks toward celebrities we don't know. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but nobody has a right to bash another human being for no reason. I love Taylor's music and respect her as an entertainer but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate on someone who doesn't. I'm not going to dislike someone who doesn't like her music but I will speak up when someone hates. Why? I just don't understand. I guess some people are consumed with so much negativity that they have to take their anger out on someone they don't know. Stay good and never let anyone make you feel your lesser than for loving and defending taylor the way you have.

April 9, 2013 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  51. Linda

Taylor is not hated by most people. Where do you get your facts from? This is mostly garbage spewed by the media and Internet trolls. Taylor is loved and respected and always will be. She is country!!! Just leave her alone already. I don't see why it's so difficult to ignore what you don't like for whatever reasons and enjoy what you do like. Just because I don't listen to other genres of music doesn't mean I'm going to hate on and write nasty stuff towards other singers or celebrities. I just don't watch or listen. What has this world become? Half of it is inhabited by psychotic people. It's just sickening. I raise my children to not hate, hopefully there are more parents that start to do the same. You shouldn't hate on someone you don't personally know. Never did anything to you.

April 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Terri

Here's just a few of Taylor Swifts achievements as an entertainer this past 6 months.... Red album sales ,over 1 million sales in it's first week, more than 5 million copies worldwide in 6 months, Sold out 2013 concert tour of the US to be followed by sold out International tour. Rave reviews from respected critics and industry publications on the Red tour as with all her previous tours. Not sure what the criteria is for EOTY but it must be something other than record sales and concert tickets.

April 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kelly

I could no agree more. Taylor is not even close to country anymore; she's completely pop. Honostly, her voice is not the best and her constant songs about breakups that are "never her fault" have gotten really tedious and annoying. Plus, she's made herself look clingy and rude after her breakup with Harry Styles, so people are just over her.

April 8, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

FIRST, maybe you should take the time to listen to her songs. She doesn't always put the blame on the guy. How about I knew you were trouble? Or Dear John? Or Back to December? To name a few. She knows it's not all the guys fault. She blames herself too. She realizes what she gave up. The fact that you said that shows how ignorant you are about Taylor Swift. I'd suggest you take a listen to her songs, ALL OF THEM, and figure out what they mean before you say stuff that you have no clue about.
      SECOND, it's not always about the voice. She has her moments where it could be better. The point of her songs is her heartbreak, her dreams. It's about what she's saying and singing about, NOT HOW SHE SINGS IT. Not to mention how many fans she has that believe her voice is perfectly fine. Fine enough to go see her in concert, where she doesn't lip sing! I can tell you that for a fact. I was in the pit and watched her sing every song.
      THIRD, she worked her way to where she is today. She deserves every award she earned, as well as every fan she has made along the way. You have the right to your opinion, but when they are flat out rude, and when you don't have the right info to back it up, you should keep it to yourself.

April 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Honey, in no way was I rude. I didn't insult Taylor's character or call her rude names. Also, only about 3-5 songs that she has ever written have put any blame her. Even in I Knew You Were Trouble, she still blames the boy for being troublesome or whatever without putting the emphasis on the fact that she should have stayed away. By the way, I have listened too all of her songs, so you should get your facts straight. Plus, SINCE WHEN WAS BEING A SINGER NOT ABOUT THE VOICE?? Your're saying that her lyrics are what make her a good singer, but that makes no sense. If Taylor's lyrics are so good, maybe she should just become a song writer. You can also tell when she's not lip-singing because she sounds completely different and quite frankly, mediocre. So, Lauren, before you go calling me rude, you should really take a look at your past comments because they are a perfect example of disrespect. My advice for you: stop being such a hypocrite.

April 8, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessie

Kelly I don't even think you know what you're talking about. In no way can I see that Lauren was being a hypocrite–you're just looking for an excuse 'cause Lauren's comment was just too damn good.

April 8, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

Whoa now Kelly. Defensive, are we??
      She also doesn't only write about her heart breaks, does she? And she doesn't only blame the guys.
      And not only that, but I said IT'S NOT ONLY ABOUT THE VOICE. Her voice and her lyrics make her who she is.
      And I'm disrespecting because I am giving my opinion about why I think people are wrong?? As are you. So I fail to see your point........maybe cuz you don't have one.

April 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Actually, Jessie, I called Lauren a hypocrite because her comment was just too damn hypocritical and stupid. My comment was not rude at all; I was just stating my opinion. Of course, Lauren felt the need to defend Taylor, which I am fine with. However, the way she did it was just rude, which totally contradicts what she was trying to tell me.

April 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

And how was I rude, kelly?? Because I told you to keep your rude opinions to yourself?

April 8, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly Hater (Dawna)

Wow. Your the damn hypocrite golly
      just shut up you where rude and you were wrong
      so goodbye Kelly

April 8, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh really?

Good God, Lauren. What are you totally gay on the girl. Taylor sucks. She has a terrible voice, and has a worse personality. She probably is so overbearing that guys flee from her. Just look at her track record. Why don't you listen to some real music, and try to get a life.

April 8, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

April 8, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • OH, SERIOUSLY

WHY DON'T YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW.
      YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE TRULY IS, SO SHUT UP. Listen to Ronan. Something she did out of the kindness of her heart. A song she gets none of the profit for.
      And just for the record, I have a boyfriend. Of over a year. Just because I actually have something I firmly believe in doesn't mean anything. So you try and get a life.

April 8, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  54. maggie

Obviosly U went looking for hater tweets. Many of her fans, and there are many, felt she deserved the ETOTY award. Taylor continues to have many people who admire and respect her.

April 8, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. dreed

i think taylor swift deserve to win eoty and album of the year

April 8, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Amy

Hahaha those comments are hilarious. I'm so happy that the majority of people can't stand this girl anymore. She played the victim card and got more attention than she should have...its time to leave. She should thank Kanye for that good run she's had. Now its over. Of course she'll be popular with the tweens because they have no brains or musical taste but when they grow up, she's done. Lets see her whine about boys breaking her heart when she's 25 or 27, she'll look pathetic. She's like Justin Bieber...both are "popular" thanks to the tweens but neither are respected. Her good-girl image as America's sweetheart is done for good with the continuous dating and badmouthing of boyfriends...its getting embarrassing. Not to mention she can't sing to save her life. This is why the world hates America, we make people like her famous.

April 8, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • wow

And you are just who I am talking about, You have no idea or knowledge of Swifts music (as proven by you factually incorrect opinions) Yet you still spew hate for no justifiable reason other than you don't like her.

April 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

Really?????? You think that's true?? Try again, lady. Taylor is not only famous with the "tweens." She has a large fan base, and she earned her way to where she is today! Just because you don't like her, or don't think she has any musical talent, doesn't mean that there aren't people that do like her. SUCH AS ME!! She's an amazing woman, and is a role model for so many. She is more respected at her age than I assume you are now. Clearly if she didn't deserve to be where she is today, SHE WOULDN'T BE! Her time of being famous is not near over, so I'd suggest you get used to her! And if you want to hate on her, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! Maybe a place where other people actually agree with you.

April 8, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chloe

Amy, I understand that her music may not be 100% country anymore, but that was when she was sixteen and now she's 23. People grow up and they change. I mean, you say you only got popular because of "tweens"? Honestly, do you even know her? You probably don't know she had an album before "Fearless" and that she writes most of her own songs, unlike other music icons that you listen to. The way you wrote your comment was almost like you wanted her to fail, and I'm sorry, but she's doing anything BUT that. I guess you have nothing else to do but to hope that other people will fail just because they have more talent than you and they actually DO something with it. I'm not saying you have to love her, but the way you trash-talk her is disgusting and you really don't even know her. You just sound like a jealous girl who enjoys watching other people fall but honey that's just sad. PS: Amy, I don't know why you would like the fact of what Kanye did, even if you like her or not that was rude and even he admitted it himself....oh, and plus, the song "Innocent" on her Speak Now CD was a sweet song that she wrote to him as a form of forgiveness...so next time you call her a talentless, badmouthing singer just think of that.

April 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Wow

The winner of eoty is only part fan voted, Taylor more than likely got the most votes but the winner is picked by the 5 people on the awards panel. Taylor Swift has released 3 pop songs off of RED and is still country, She will always have people hating her but they do not listen to her anyways so nobody really cares what they have to say. She will still have the biggest tour of 2013 and all the success she has earned!

April 8, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • ThatKidRiver13

That is actually so true. People love to hate on her for no reason. She is still country and the fact that people can be so damn mean is just sickening.

April 8, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Michaela

Stop blaming Taylor because she was nominated! She doesn't pick what she is nominated for what genre iTunes puts her album under!

April 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |