Timberlake's '20/20 Experience' lands at No. 1
March 27th, 2013

Timberlake's '20/20 Experience' lands at No. 1

Justin Timberlake's comeback is official.

The singer's first album in nearly seven years, "The 20/20 Experience," has arrived at No. 1 in its first week in release.

Industry observers expected that the 32-year-old artist would have a solid debut, and his sales numbers are right in line with what was predicted, just a touch shy of a million copies sold.

All told, his debut sales came in at 968,000, and "The 20/20 Experience" also set an iTunes record as the fastest-selling album worldwide in the digital retailer's history.

Overall, reaction to the disc has been fairly positive, with critics taking note of Timberlake's more mature, less radio-friendly sound. Given that this album leaned heavily on longer, more soulful cuts, it'll be interesting to see what Timberlake does with round two - and yes, there will be another round.

The artist confirmed on the day of "The 20/20 Experience's" release last Tuesday that the second half of the album will arrive later this year.

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Timberlake • Music

1. justin feels we are saluting what made us famous...

and we will be back.....daz it...

March 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gang

johnny wants me too sing keys for our last day....si?

March 30, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tools Cause Delusion

living through blogs and overheard conversations that we are not sure are real or not is a problem....
    please help these people and most of all pray the get off the tool.

March 29, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kish

RT BRAND NEW MUSIC CALLED LOVE AGAIN CHECK ME OUT https://soundcloud.com/kishb/love-again …

March 28, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Alvarez

Perhaps I'll squat over his head and drop a few stink nuggets on his forehead.

March 28, 2013 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • pcpaki

50+ lover of good music, last track "under the deep blue sea" a gem of reflection, soundscape, and melody. The whole album feels cinematic in its restraint and respect to creating longer moments. Fresh air to ears that are bombarded by brash clips of 20 second attention grabbing these days!

March 29, 2013 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Golijat

Be paid weekly and earn like a boss! I just got a gorgeous Mercedes from having made $7988 this – 4 weeks past and just over ten grand last month. Without any doubt, this is the easiest work I've ever done. I began this 3 months ago and immediately made myself more than $85... per hour. This is what I do Epic2.cℴm

March 27, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Rob

I'm a fan but I really wasn't all that impressed with the album. It's good but it's just not something that I would listen to often or on repeat like I do with others. I hope Part II is better!!

March 27, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nerp

He's a cool guy. Much respect

March 27, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. adam from minneapolis

i'm a huge JT fan but this album is just a major disappointment. i can't even bring myself to listen to the tracks i bought. i guess i'll have to go put Hey Porsche back on repeat #letdown

March 27, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. KALANI

I love the cd. It's rocking. You don't have to be a fan of someone to enjoy their music. It's a choice.

March 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Juan Pantalones

No fan of the guy's music, but love it when he's on SNL. The dude is hilarious!

March 27, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cleveland Steamer

I would lick the sweat out of Timberlake's butt crack.

March 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. I

i have his cd...his voice is clear, crisp and more mature now--he seems down too earth and great guy.
    all the best justin on your upcoming tour with JayZ–see u on 8/4!!!!!

March 27, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Margaret

I can't wait too see justin in concert this summer (photo above)--this young man is a true talent in the industry a great singer and dancer and committed to his craft.....

March 27, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Burt

Prunes. The voice of a new generation.

March 27, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Burt

I think the poor guy sounds constipated. Prunes might help.

March 27, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DownSideofFame

We had a offer to cash out that song, good job
    Hey and we still can help in relationship problems...
    When it comes to solving , " NIGHTMARE PROBLEMS "
    Elite. Problem solvers...honest," "interactive," and "cordial "
    Our name states it. Down side of fame , AdamsFamily negotiations
    " WHEN YOU ARE TO BUSY TO EAT, DRINK, OR SLEEP "
    Let us assist U... We pull the good out of the Bad, PUBLICITY (E us at)
    Contracts24 (at) yahoo.com--we'll get back to you with our events, An event of ours, Campaign was covered By National Media Coverage...& tv ...Our people are some of the best in the world, Regardless of location and,The level

of detail and practical approach, It is our high level of our determination to get to the truth. old fashion values... we do business with a handshake , and get it done...
    THE GAME OF LOVE & WAR , including –CELEBRITY ; YES EVEN THEY have
    (. Some of the top named, celebrity's. are our clients. )
    They say that love is in your brain, as well as in your heart, ,,,,,.,,..BUT friendship is something else. It’s much deeper, and it’s more lasting. Our friendship, has lasted a lifetime. We help this thing called LOVE , It is the. DEEPEST PAIN, when the heart hurts EVERYONE COULD USE SOME-HELP. ONCE IN AWHILE WITH.
    The course of true love.

March 27, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. San Jose

As a long time JT fan, I have to say that I am really disappointed with this album. I feel as though Justin rushed through it just to get some new music out there. The last two albums were great the first time I listened to them, all the way through now. I don't feel as though I can ever get to that point with 20/20. Such a bummer.

March 27, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. John

He is just SOOO adorbs! I'd like me a tall glassa JT, please!

March 27, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |