J.R. laid to rest on 'Dallas'
March 12th, 2013

J.R. laid to rest on 'Dallas'

On Monday night, "Dallas" said goodbye to not just a legendary TV character, but to a TV star.

Larry Hagman's unexpected death back in November meant that the new "Dallas" series (on TNT, a Time Warner network like CNN) would have to deal with the death of J.R. Ewing.

In last week's episode, J.R.'s son, John Ross, was speaking to his father on the phone when he heard gunshots.

The episode opened with Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross and Christopher landing a helicopter in Mexico, stone-faced at the realization that J.R. might actually be dead.

The circumstances of his death were mysterious, and we'll find out the answer soon enough. But much of the episode dealt with the immediate aftermath of such a larger-than-life figure suddenly dying.

At J.R.'s wake, not only did we see Lucy Ewing and all of J.R.'s ex-wives, but Dallas team owners, including Mark Cuban, there to mourn him. Not only friends, but enemies - and, of course, a fistfight broke out at one point.

John Ross bonded with his cousin Christopher, who assured him that they would find J.R.'s murderer.

At the funeral, many of the Ewings spoke, including Bobby, who still didn't quite know how to go on after this.

But Sue Ellen's speech was definitely the most memorable. She tearfully read from a letter that J.R. wrote asking her to dinner.

"Yes, yes, J.R., the answer is yes!" she said. "You were the love of my life."

John Ross remained at J.R.'s graveside, long after everyone left.

Soon, Bum arrived with information for Bobby, John Ross and Christopher. As they had believed, J.R. did go to Abu Dhabi, searching for Bobby's ex-wife, Pam. When he was in Mexico, he was there trying to help Bobby.

Bobby received a note, but wouldn't show it to anyone. He went into J.R.'s room and toasted him, saying he had "one more left in him."

In true "Dallas" fashion, we're left with something of a cliffhanger. But the show had a chance to pay tribute to J.R. for the "charming scoundrel" that he was.

Do you think the show did J.R. justice? What do you think was in Bobby's note? Share your thoughts on video or post a comment.

« Previous entry
  1. SEO

Thank you for your post. I would like to also mention our affordable SEO packages and Vancouver SEO Consulting. For just $99/month we will optimize your website for 100 SEO Keywords. We are one of the TOP 10 SEOService providers in Canada, ranked 5th in Google.ca for the keyword "SEO". Thank you for your time. SEO http://www.youtube.com/user/SEOinVancouver

August 2, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. J-Code

i love tony nelson...rip larry

March 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff

Larry Hagman and the writers created the greatest anti-hero in the history of entertainment. We will miss you Larry, and no-one can fill the shoes of your character J.R. Ewing. It will be interesting to see Bobby's dark side unfold and if Pam Ewing comes out of some South American jungle after 20 years.....

March 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Midge...

say something so she'll click please please.

March 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim

In the episode, they said a "Saturday Night Special" gun was the type that killed JR. Wasn't that the same gun that he was shot with in the original Dallas? Also, the gun that was given to John Ross was not a "Saturday night special". Interesting! I love the old and new Dallas, keep them coing TNT!!!

March 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. missourimom

I loved everything about JR's memorial. A bar room brawl at the reception to naughties in the back set with John Ross.Many secrets to be uncovered and subjects continued. What great writers and actors. Loved the original and now love this one. Now I know why they waited for the perfect writers to bring out the characters. I bet Larry Hagman loved the send off, I know I did.

March 16, 2013 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. She took the nosedive...

good night dear...pleasant dreams..

March 15, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mandy

this is why your NOT THAT GOOD AT IT...

March 15, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. i know people that have problems from here too an eternity

and i never betrayed them...she is NOT what we call trustworthy IN any way–NEVER MET THIS WOMAN.

March 15, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. i know people that have problems from here too an eternity

and i never betrayed them...she is NOT what we call trustworthy i any way–NEVER MET THIS WOMAN.

March 15, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Teen dating

I've really noticed that credit restoration activity ought to be conducted with techniques. If not, you will probably find yourself endangering your ranking. In order to reach your goals in fixing your credit score you have to see to it that from this second you pay all your monthly expenses promptly prior to their timetabled date. It is really significant on the grounds that by not accomplishing so, all other measures that you will choose to adopt to improve your credit standing will not be useful. Thanks for revealing your strategies.

March 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • NOBODY CARES...

NOBODY CARES–

March 15, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • California

hacking into phones–do you know anyone who can help....do you know anyone in california that can help us.

March 15, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. vps

This post is great. I realy love it!

March 14, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dave

A "Who Shot J.R.?" cliffhanger for this generation...

March 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Betty Boop

RIP JR, it was a blast. Hope to see you someday in New Jersey....that was hilarious.

March 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gordon

I think that JR faked his death on the show and will come back with a new look alike character actor.

March 13, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Da Issue

This has always been the problem..daz why all the bad...rub the chub and see from there...

March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Hello.

greenlight dude..

March 13, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Hey

She likes his strong BOD...

March 13, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Hi

they are BOTH good looking actors and are very curious..i say go for it bobby.

March 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. One-Eyed Wonder Weasel

I don't understand the fascination with this TV show. Too many clothed women, not enough bare boobies.

March 13, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  21. We don't agree

Bobby and SueEllen are attracted too each other for whatever the reasons are will find out.

March 13, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bobby and SueEllen are hot for each other...

i can tell

March 13, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. FFIB SCHMUCKO

GET AND BOOGIE...

March 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Biff

Excellent episode with JR's funeral! I'm afraid, however, that the show will go downhill once JR's grand plot is revealed and played out. It was great to see some of the original characters like Gary, Mandy, Cally, Ray, and Lucy – even though they've all gotten fat and in need of more makeup than they were wearing. In my opinion, the characters were what made the original show work. Unfortunately, the new Dallas just doesn't have them. Watching John Ross trying to look and act touch and devious every week just makes me laugh. They really should have gotten an actor that didn't look like a 15 year-old kid trying to grow a beard and being defiant to his parents. The new young characters – aside from being miscast – just don't have depth or believability. To me, it's just another pretty-face, pretty-boy show.

I'm happy to see Patrick Duffy but the character of Bobby was never meant to be patriarchal, and the attempt is pitiful. If you remember, Bobby never wanted anything to do with JR or the ranch. He was a "salesman/PR" for Ewing Oil. He just doesn't command the character (the way JR did) and makes a pitiful head of the household. The actress who plays Ann, his wife, I feel is also miscast. Most of the time, she looks like a deer caught in headlights. Again, no depth and extremely uninteresting.

For me, what it boils down to is that the new Dallas needs more distinctive characters like the original show had. It seems like the producers/directors/whoever just went to the pool of pretty-face actors, closed their eyes and picked a bunch to be the new generation of Ewings. In reality, if I didn't have to look at John Ross, Christopher, Elena, and Pamela it would be an enjoyable show. My prediction is maybe another season if an incredibly interesting plot line develops but certainly no more than that.

March 13, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. DI

caught ya pam....

March 13, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DL

Well, at least he's not going to show up in the shower and we'll be told it's all a dream!

Rest in Peace Hagman. You gave good show.

March 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Dummie

i always have what dummie does....

March 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. James Downhour

I think it was a nice blend of nostalgia and story driven time. It had all of the true Dallas elements (cant have a gathering without a brawl) and I think that the eulogies were honest to the characters. Bobby's was definitely right on, being the foil to JR, his entire existence and who he is has been defined by that relationship. I also had a thought that JR might have done himself in, but I REALLY hope that is not the case. (It would not be JRs style, and it would be too easy a storyline to live up to his "masterpiece").

March 13, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. s.

take a vacation from hacking pumpkin....your not good at it...thanks for the last 45 minutes...

March 13, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jj

Hey, anything can happen. People can come back from the dead on Dallas. it's all a dream

March 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. That's a done deal

Bobby and Sue Ellen need to make a go of it....

March 13, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. RC in BIG D

A great episode – Sue Ellen at the gravesite and Bobby in JR's room at the end – exceptional pieces of work! This continues to be a great reboot and I hope TNT will renew Dallas for several more seasons. Enjoying it very much!

March 13, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • glenn scheuerman

couldnt agree more
      1-what did he give christopher regarding pam, and what was in th letter booby got, and did kill jr

March 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. snow white

Dallas won't be the same without J.R. He was the man we all loved, and didn't really hate – that sparkle in his eye could make or break anyone. There are big shoes to fill with the show going forward. Bobby will need all the support he can get.

March 13, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. asdrel

I think Blake Carrington and Alexis (from Dynasty) shot him because they were jealous that there was a new Dallas but not a new Dynasty!

March 13, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  35. Fran

its better it remain toned down

March 13, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  36. Anb1984

Loved it! Gonna miss JR but I hope people keep watching the new Dallas! I know I will!

March 13, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  37. Linda Luttrell

I had envisioned JR with his favorite bourbon in one hand and a winning poker hand in the other keeling over face first into his hugh pile of poker chips. Nope! That would be anticlimactic for a supervillian as JR. Think the show is doing both Hagman and JR proud! Can't wait to see what "JR's Final Masterpiece" will be!

March 13, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  38. Scott

Call me weird but I thought one of the best parts of the episode was the toned down/mournful opening theme. I thought it was a nice touch.

March 13, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  39. gg

I watch Dallas from the begining and the new Dallas is excellent........everybody keep watching.
    R.I.P J.R you will be missed.

March 13, 2013 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • That's just crazy talk

I haven't watched a single episode despite being old to have watched it all because Dallas sucked like in the late 70's, the 1980's, and it still sucks today.

March 13, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  40. JonfromLI

On one side, I could see reason to believe that JR did kill himself. But didn't it seem like he was actually looking at someone with a shocked look on his face as he was talking with John Ross moments before you heard the gunshot? I have my doubts that he did it alone.

March 13, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  41. Sharon

Great episode. Having Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban at the funeral was nice. It will be fun this spring finding out about JR's masterpiece!

March 13, 2013 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  42. The One Who Knows

Larry Hagman was a good actor, but JR was a tired and obsolete figure, sort of like a low-budget Gordon Gekko. They milked the pot once and got all they could, but returning to "Dallas" made for lame and unimaginative television. I couldn't make it past the first episode because it was trite and boring. JR was not Dallas, but perhaps it's time to lay the series to rest as well.

Besides, he will be moreso remembered as Major Nelson from "I Dream of Jeannie" long after Dallas has faded from memory.

March 13, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Sharon

If you did not watch the show, why are you commenting?

March 13, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Dallas II

I totally disagree. Yes, Larry Hagman was getting old, but the "magic" that Dallas had in the 80s was back right with the first episode. I can obviously tell you weren't a fan of the original series, and that's cool, not everyone was a fan. I thought the show was fun in the 80s and I have enjoyed the reboot. I love watching it instead of the CRAP that's on TV right now, with all the "reality" shows and Dr. Phil and so on. But now we get to see what the writers are actually made of.....

March 13, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

Holy hell, he was the guy from "I Dream of Jeannie"? I never made the connection...wow. How did I miss that?

March 13, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Moderateray

I was disappointed in the first episode due to the lack of depth of the younger cast members. Most, however, have grown into their characters fairly well. The writing is crisp and fast with even more plot twists than the original. As a fan of thee DALLAS, it's worth watching but sadly, not worth as much without J R. Nobody could chew scenery like Larry Hagman.

March 13, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • fran

who cares.....

March 13, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  43. Fran

give sue ellen some applause for spunk.

March 13, 2013 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  44. Elaine

I think J.R. shot himself and had someone else clean up the crime scene. I think the gun that was given to John Ross is the gun that he used to kill himself.

March 13, 2013 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  45. Yankeelove

We still don't know that Bum was talking about Pam when he said Christophers mother.Christopher has a birth mother who shot JR once before.

March 12, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • jules

You know I had completely forgotten that Kristian (SP?). Pam's sister was actually his birth mother, and wasn't there some talk that J.R. Might be the father?

March 13, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Long-time Dallas Fan

Christopher's birth mother was Kristen Shephard, Sue Ellen's Sister. She was found dead in the pool at the ranch.

March 13, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • bch

He was definitely speakig of Pam, Kristin was killed off the show (face down in the Southfork pool).

March 13, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Name*chris

I watched Dallas with my parents as a child, along with Knots Landing, Falcon Crest and Dynasty. I love watching the new Dallas now, and JR has always been my favorite character that you loved to hate. I cried like a baby watching his farewell episode...R.I.P LARRY HAGMAN you and JR EWING will be missed.

March 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. John Moews

Great show back in the day and with the new series on TNT I will take any day over these so called shows they have on now. Keep it going TNT

March 12, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Bart

Uh oh, Pam is dreaming again.

March 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Bill USA

Grew up watching I dream of Jeanie – Loved that show – He will be missed

March 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jeff

Rumors on all the social media are saying...

1.) Either J.R. killed himself.
    2.) J.R. had someone kill him

But either way...it looks like J.R. took his own life or had it arranged. But we may not get to see too many more Dallas episodes. Ratings are like in the toilet for season 2 compared to season 1 when there were a lot of people watching...but nobody is watching Dallas.

March 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

I thought they said this was the last season...?

March 12, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Not according to the last entertainment report I saw. The show wants to continue..but TNT is buying the series on a pay by year basis.

March 12, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob Schumacher

There were two gunshots if you play it back, kinda hard to kill yourself twice.

March 13, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  51. Calcommuter

Hadn't watched the new show until this episode. Only because they would be addressing the passing of the character of JR due to the loss of Larry Hagman. Other than the extreme overacting of the older characters from the original, the only bright spot I saw was Bobby's backbone has grown since the first time. Looks as though he may turn into JR. Wont ever see it again.

March 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ohmy

When "Who Shot JR" mania was in full force, my ex and I were at a restaurant when a woman appoached and asked for his autograph. Without missing a beat, he asked who she thought he was. She laughed and said, "I watch you every week and I think I figured out who shot you". He kept her engaged in discussing who the shooter might have been. By the time he finally got around to telling her that he wasn't Larry Hagman, she'd have none of it – she said, "You are absolutely JR"... so he signed JR Ewing for her, bought her dinner and we left.

March 12, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ICARE

Last nights episode was a perfect ending. Larry Hagman would have loved the final episode of his burial, since he loved playing J.R. Ewing more than any other part he'd played before. And it will be interesting for sure to see what his final scheme was. We'll miss you J.R. – You'll live in our hearts forever as a true legend, as an actor, and for making us love to hate J.R. So long old friend.

March 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  54. nat heisler

I am a total moron and an absolute tool of a human being! someone please put me out of my misery!

March 12, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  55. rad666

Never watched the show, but I did see the teaser for "Who Shot JR?"

It was funny when the last person shown shooting JR was JR.

March 12, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Bluedestiny

I just know I hate waiting a week for episodes. I'm with the new breed who like to watch a whole season in a few sittings on DVD or streamed. It's cracked to wait a week between episodes. We should be able to DL them at the beginning of a season. And take note, producers, even more than I hate to wait weeks between episodes, I hate more when story arcs hang to the next season, and hate even more when seasons are short and you're waiting almost a year for the next season and the story to conclude. I think they all apply here.

Also, disappointed that nobody really conjectured what the heck is going on with Ryland and Cliff, what they're up to... that means I really have to wait for this all to play out... let me buy the whole freaking season... and don't you dare carry the resolution to another season.

March 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Silly

Get a grip – episodic television, maybe you should wait until shows are cancelled then buy the DVD sets so you won't have to wait at all. Sheesh! What a whiner!

March 12, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustinThyme1978

This wasn;t a season ending cliffhanger, its only the 8th episode of the season. You only have to wait until next monday for more on this storyline!

March 12, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Pinkie

Loved the somber music at the beginning. I've watched Dallas since the beginning. Nice send off for JR.

March 12, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Kay

I decided I was not going to watch this new Dallas show but I was curious as to how they would handle Larry Hagman's death and darn if I didn't get pulled in and find myself watching. Just like old times.

March 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  59. dee

I remember watching Dallas every Friday night before I would go out and then the reruns. JR you will be missed. I just watch the show this morning and thought how much you will be missed Larry. You did Bobby wrong so many times and all I can hear in in head is bobby saying "JR". And Sue Ellen you did her wrong also. But that makes the show. You were the villain and will be missed. I also remember watching I Dream of Jeannie and all the reruns over and over again. What a difference in characters he was. Mary Martin would and is prode of you. Love ya and will miss ya, when I'm watching DALLS.

March 12, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  60. athib

I did not have the benefit of wataching the old dallas but i absolutely LOVE the new show. Before season 1 aired i did my research on the original so that i could be caught up. I though it was great of them to change the beginning as sort of a tribute. Larry is a true icon. Im so thankful for them introducing the show to a new generation. I wait around each week for the new episode. Glad to be part of the DALLAS legend.

March 12, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Marina

JR really pulled the show together...he will missed.

March 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Cindy

I'm a longtime Dallas fan from way back, I saw every single episode back in their prime time days and now this great reboot, too. However, I was not at all prepared to be blown away with such emotion last night, it truly could not have been done any better, except to have been a 2 hour special. Everyone involved with the show should be so proud to be part of such an awesome episode. I will miss JR alright but I believe he will still be pulling the strings from behind the scenes for a long time to come yet, so lets all enjoy the ride! Long Live Dallas!!

March 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  63. reading before hair

be right back

March 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  64. DJ

Maybe Cathy Crosby's character came back to finish the job?

March 12, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gery Horan

Her name was Mary Frances Crosby (she was Bing Crosby's daughter from his second wife...)

March 12, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Knewagirl

Kristen cannot come back (of course it's TV and anything can happen) but she was the cliffhanger the year after Who shot JR because she was the woman in white drowned in the swimming pool.

March 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sokman

Nice try, but I actually dug ole J.R. I can remeber mom watching this show a lot. I mainly only really remember the highlights... Who shot J.R., Patrick Duffys wife "dreaming" he was dead, the two hot cougars slapping each other & ending up in the pool, etc. And something about Dallas or Hagman was always on the cover of moms Enquirer or Star. Dont watch the new show, but hope they do the Ewings justice

March 12, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Knewagirl

I think you are confusing two shows. There was a cat fight that ended in a swimming pool between Linda Evans and Joan Collins, don't remember the name of their show, but was on same era as Dallas.

March 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

That happened on Dynasty.

March 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  66. aron

Sue Ellen's daughter shot Jr !!!

March 12, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Griffo

a little we miss u mj and steps fit too beat of other song..k?

March 12, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  68. griffo

since jax passed on that day...you can still do end of beat it with this song.

March 12, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. love too give a private show for larry but he's dead...

see you in the movies.

March 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  70. holly r

the show was great god bless larry hangman i welcome the next part WHO SHOT J.R

March 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Team Viewer

i don't really know jr...i hope i can see a show sometime

March 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Boo

Larry Hagman played the best damn villain in tv history....I actually got teary-eyed watching last night's episode.

March 12, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sharun

He will be missed. I hope the writers can make it good enough to keep it on for many years

March 12, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Maxim

i can't wait too be able too talk on the teli like that again...

March 12, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Boo

Brilliant episode last night!!!!! Have to watch it again to see if I can figure out who shot J.R.

March 12, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Marcia

I haven't had the pleasure of watching the new Dallas but I loved the old one. JR was the man you loved to hate. What a character. Larry Hagman was an amazing actor. He was so believable as the bumbling Major Tony Nelson on I dream of Jeannie and then he turns around and makes history with the best/worst character in TV history, Mr. J.R. Ewing.

R.I.P. Mr. Hagman
    Aka J.R.
    Aka Major Nelson

March 12, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JR4Ever

J.R may be gone but his masterpiece is just beginning.Ryland and Barnes may be taking aim at the Ewings, but they don't have a clue as to what's coming.

March 12, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Bob, Kansas City

Who is the gal holding Patrick Duffy's hand in the photo?.

March 12, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Mandy

Great show! They couldn't have done it any better; kudos to the writers and TNT! Rest in Peace Larry Hagman. You and the character JR Ewing remain a legend.

March 12, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jan

The writers did a great job from "tip to tale"–the opening music was changed just enough to be somber, the scene in the morgue where everyone knew he wasn't coming back, all the drama of Bobby and Ann, her daughter Emma and John Ross, Pamela getting her father out of there, the fight, bringing in the friend from Mexico to "help" with everything, reminding us of Pam–who just might show up to claim Bobby and Christopher, (Does Cliff have her hidden away?). It was also good to see the "cousins" working together for something. This was an award winning episode. The audience got to attend the funeral and then we all got to wonder just what Bobby knows. I will miss JR/Larry Hagman but the show is going to something to watch this year!

March 12, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  80. Dallas fan

Just finished watching show! I was only 10 when" Who Shot JR" was the big thing. My parents watched every Friday night.... Love that they have brought Dallas back! We will all miss JR and his dry sense of humor. A very talented actor and icon. Hope the new Dallas is successful...I know I will always be a fan!

March 12, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  81. Partisan

I am sure that whoever did it was a liberal.

March 12, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • NC

What is wrong with you?

If you don't like the show, etc – then don't watch it. Keep your immature comments to yourself.

For a person who started watching Larry Hagman on "I dream of Jeannie" back when I was 6 –to the original Dallas -to the new Dallas.... – I find your comment ridiculously disgusting.

RIP Larry – we will love you always:)

March 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo

Figures...a moron had to make this political....

March 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aletheya

It can't be a lot of fun to be as bitter as you.

March 12, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • ManWithThe1000PoundBrain

And I am sure that you are a moron.

March 12, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Maude

The bigger question is: where did JR go? Up or down? Heaven or hell?

March 12, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  83. KarmaBurns

It is hard to let go of an icon! I guess he wont come back from this shooting. I was in 8th grade when that whole Who Shot JR? craze was going on...it was fun. I think i even had a t-shirt that sai I shot JR. Oh well, so many years since, what a great TV figure and an amazing actor who gave him such scheming life! JR is with the TV Angels now. Probably hitting on Farrah Fawcett.

March 12, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  84. T Diemer

Kristen did it!!!! Kristen Shepherd, Sue Ellen's sister, is Christopher's birth mother, that is who J R was looking for in Abu Dhabi. He found her and she shot him.

March 12, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  85. Kristie Lee In Austin

I thought the writers did a great job. They gave JR the cliffhanger ending that I would suspect for these brilliant writers.
    It was done in great Texas style and I love the funeral when Cliff showed up and there was a fight.
    It has really not seemed that JR has passed for me until last night. I have looked forward to every scene he was in so I could hang on to his last words. ( loved the anger birds clip last week) God Bless you Larry – you are an original and you will be greatly missed. I do not care what the ratings say about Dallas – I think it is the greatest show on TV. We all need a good soap opera.

March 12, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Ear

Horrible show about horrible people from a horrible place. Ignernt austinite.

March 12, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Dallas fan

I agree! Hope it has just as many twists and turns as the first show! I think JR went down but I know Larry Hagman went to heaven!

March 12, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  86. don mccormick

Love j r and the show so much. Don mccormick

March 12, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |