'Bachelor' Sean finds fiancee, gets 'DWTS' gig
March 12th, 2013

'Bachelor' Sean finds fiancee, gets 'DWTS' gig

The finale of this season's "Bachelor" was actually a two-day event spanning three separate shows - the actual finale, the "After the Final Rose" special and this morning's edition of ABC's "Good Morning America."

And when all was said and done, "Bachelor" Sean Lowe had plenty of good and unusual news to share.

It's not "The Bachelor" without a red herring to fool viewers, and Monday's episode was no different. All season, the show dropped hints of a "shocking" moment during one of the proposals, with the lone hint being host Chris Harrison presenting Sean with a letter before one of the proposals. Who wrote the letter, and what did it say?

Some speculated online and in the "Final Rose" studio audience that one of the two finalists got cold feet, and let Sean know via letter that she's leaving. Others suggested that the note was from Sean's mom, who appeared earlier on the show with a warning to Sean that if he couldn't decide between graphic designer Catherine Giudici and substitute teacher Lindsay Yenter, then he shouldn't propose to either. I was hoping the letter was from Chris Harrison, asking Sean to stop charging room service in his name.

Alas, it was from Catherine, who was shown before the proposal expressing concern that Sean wasn't expressing his love to her. Catherine and Sean exchanged "goofy" notes throughout the series, but last night's letter was quite serious, with Catherine confirming her love for Sean. Catherine then arrives for the proposal, Sean pops the question, and the two ride an elephant (they were in Thailand) in triumph.

The "Final Rose" special saw Sean and Catherine announce that they plan to get married as soon as possible, and would like to be married on TV.  Licensed minister Chris offered to deliver the vows right then and there, but the happy couple opted to wait until a later date.

After the "Final Rose" wrapped, Sean and Catherine took the red-eye to New York, where they appeared on "Good Morning America" with an announcement that surprised most people, but not me (I'll admit it - I found out about this weeks ago, but I kept the secret safe until now).  Sean will be a contestant on the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars" and will be paired with Season 14 champ Peta Murgatroyd.

Sean isn't the first "Bachelor" alum to grace the "Dancing" stage.  Former "Bachelor" contestant Melissa Rycroft finished third in season 8 and won last fall's "All-Stars" edition, while fifth season "Bachelor" Jake Pavelka finished seventh on the Spring 2010 edition of the show.

In other "Bachelor" news, Desiree Hartsock has been tapped as the next "Bachelorette," which begins its ninth season in May. The fashion designer competed on Sean's "Bachelor" season, finishing fourth after Sean's frosty conversation with Desiree's brother, Nate.  Will Nate return to grill Desiree's suitors?  Time will only tell.

Did Sean pick the right woman?  Will you watch "DWTS" knowing he's a contestant? And what do you think of Desiree as the "Bachelorette"? Let us know by commenting below!

1. MARTHA

I THINK CATHERINE AND SEAN ARE RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER. I THINK IF HER SISTERS WILL STOP BAD MOUTHING THEIR SISTER IT WOULD BE NICE. AND SEAN SISTER TELLING THAT DON'T LIKE HIS CHOICE FOR HIS WIFE SEAN HAS TO FOLLOW HIS HEART AND NOT HIS FAMILY AND ALL THE HATERS BE HAPPY

March 21, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Barbara

This season of the bachelor was the first season worthy of watching all the way through. The past season of the bachelor was not interesting and well...I turned it off. However, Sean has appeal and the personality to create a strong fan base. This is what the bachelor needed this season to boost the ratings, thus its no wonder other shows like DWTS is casting him as well. I loved DWTS until lately when the people they were casting the "who are they" really?? just did not have enough spark to keep my interest in tuning in, however, now that Sean is going to be on the show it definitely will be worth tuning in for. I want to see if his personality and charm with the ladies while he is engaged changes any throughout the show. I hope that the strain of the publicity and the extra demands of the rehearsals and taping are not too much for such a new relationship as theirs.
    I did not find it surprising that he chose Katherine for his sole mate. I adored Lyndsay. Her family values and core believes seemed strong and similar to Sean's families believes as well. She was young and her career path of choice as a sub teacher left me wondering what or why she did not finish her education to teach should that be her interest. Was she driven to settle-down and to be taken care of seeking perhaps a man who would provide for her rather than a partnership that Sean needed. Katherine's family did not seem to match up with Sean's core values. If he was worried about Des's brother being a bit of a problem should they continue on well....what than about Katherine's sisters, they were anything but supportive of her and actually seemed vindictive. What works for Katherine is her own strength and confidence that she rises to any given situation. Lets hope for the best and see what DWTS brings, hopefully she will overcome and rise above this test of faith too. Des, no bad choice for bachelorette, family issues will follow and she just doesn't seem sincere.

March 21, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Richard Fore

Ok, people. This is a not an easy thing to do in front of y'all, but I am going to just come right out and admit it - I, Richard Fore, am a g@y man. There, I said it. I am "out" now. Suck it, loosers.

March 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MichelleSays

the website is one big twit

March 13, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. truth..

when thinner...fun fun fun....oh boy.

March 13, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. she usually reads naked...

stull too bigs.

March 13, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Zan

I think Sean picked the wrong girl! Lindsey was far and away, the better choice. Like Sean, Lindsey values family above all and has a solid and loving relationship with her family. Not so Catherine...the father is not in her life and her sisters all bickered among themselves and told Sean Catherine is not ready for a committed relationship. Plus, Lindsey and Sean had greater passion and more fun together. Big mistake, Sean! As for Desiree....yawn, she's a bore. I'd rather see AshLee or Lesley as the Bachlorette...both are wittier and far more intelligent than Desiree. Plus...we will probably have to listen to Desiree's homely, redneck brother sprout his crap again...and again.

March 13, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Marina

Showtime...be right back

March 13, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marcia

I think Sean & Catherine are GREAT together & I wish them a lifetime of happiness. I do not think DWTS is a good choice now. I love that show but they should focus on their relationship. He will be dancing 24/7 for as many weeks as he lasts and that will leave little time for the two of them. I wish him luck. He seems sincere and was on the bachelor for all of the right reasons! I wish Lesley was chosen for the bachelorette. She is gorgeous & has more personality then Des. I wish Des the best & hope she finds love!

March 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • who said anything about love...

she wants too fool around with a hunk o mania...move along

March 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JayS.

He loves the movies too

March 13, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. moon627

Sean is the most sincere and genuine of all the Bachelors so i hope it works out for them. I'm happy for Sean and Catherine and i think its great they are taking advantage of every opportunity like DWTS and a TV wedding. They are young and having a good time and you only live once so why not ! :)

March 13, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. JayS.

now worries...he's a movie buff too ...

March 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Not all men dance...

who cares....

March 13, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Carol

All season long, Sean said he just wanted to find the love of his life. Now he's going on DWTS. Huh?

March 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. M.A.P. (Mothers against poo)

I didn't watch the show or read theis article but that guy is a slimy turd burger.

March 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Louise

I think Catherine is gorgeous, and a great girl for Sean!...They seem to really fit together!!!
    Congratulations to you both! Wish you a long and happy life together....

March 13, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. yadayadayada

Anyone who watches or buys into this crap is a moron.

March 13, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • jeff

and yet you take the time to read the article, Mr. Troll

March 13, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

Correction: they should be neutered
      and, no, I didnt read the article...Im pretty sure they couldnt say anything I wouldnt be able to guess

March 13, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. Pablo

It's amazing that people actually are interested in this crap and actually watch it.

March 13, 2013 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  19. Jet

I'm addicted too that show

March 13, 2013 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. Sad

These blogs don't sound like the bachelor

March 13, 2013 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lizard Lance

Sean probably wants to wear Catherine's underwear.

March 13, 2013 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  22. vulcangw

I don't see why people are so down on these two as a couple. I think they are a really good match. Sean is the level headed, steady type. Catherine is the more emotional and passionate type. They compliment each other. Catherine brings energy and adventure into Sean's life. And Sean brings that even keeled, steadying influence into Catherine's more emotional life. I have seen these kind of relationships before and they seem to work quite well. Remember, "opposites attract".

March 12, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mary

Just loved Desiree in the bachelor !!! Can't wait to see her in the Bachelorette !! I kind of thought Sean would have chosen her or the blonde Lesley. I loved watching Sean every week and am just thrilled to know we get more of him in DWTS. The way he tears up tells me he is a very sincere person. Very real. The best bachelor ever !!! Can't wait to see him dance !!! I'm addicted to both shows !!!

March 12, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Alyssa

How can a man kiss so many girls and say "I love you" to each of them then finally find the so-called stronger feeling one. In my opinion, Desiree's brother is right; Sean is a hundred per cent playboy! Catherine, keep your eyes wide open!

March 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Italy4

I don't know what it is – but something is not right between Catherine and Sean. He should have listened to his mom.

March 12, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Maggie

Let's hope Catherine and Sean really love each other rather than just having infatuation based on wonderful trips and glamorous hotel stays. She doesn't suit him for some reason but he seemed to pick the one woman farthest away in appearance from his own family. Interesting. Maybe he's a rebel.

March 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynn

Wow Maggie. Did you ever learn that love has no eyes, does not recognize ethnicity and is kind? I hope your statement that Shawn chose a woman that looks nothing like his family is not a racial under tone and I hope you choose or chose someone in the likeness of your family.

March 12, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  27. gigi

Des is the right choice. You are just mean. She is sweet she can be. Sobit

March 12, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Cupe

I think Catherine and Sean are a great match! I'm not excited about Desiree as the next Bachelorette...her brother is a problem and I don't see him bowing out in the future.

March 12, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. hair appointment!

ahhhhhhhhhhh

March 12, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Ashley

hello

March 12, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. crazylust

hands down.

March 12, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LucyRicardo

I see the connection between Sean and Catherine, but thought perhaps Lindsay was a better match, though she seems more "needy" than Catherine. But then I wasn't with them all so I wish the best for all of them. I'm very happy for Sean's gig on DWTS. I love that show. Let's see if Peta can make a dancer out of him. I don't think Catherine will be "jealous" because I think she will be in the first row in the audience proudly cheering him on, though I do think those long hours of rehearsal could cause some strain on a new relationship. And as for Desiree as Bachelorette, I'm glad for her, though I think she's a little kooky, but sweet. Best wishes to her. And a word of advice, Desiree, keep your boyfriends away from your brother for as long as you can!

March 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynn

i so agree. i think lindsey would have met his needs so much better. katherine for now but i see lindsey as the family and the fun, and everythign. katherine i don't see as ready, her sisters said it even.

March 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  33. BulletEnds

Can't wait for the finale...

March 12, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  34. kikid26

Both Sean and Catherine seem like nice people but I just can't see them together for some reason. He is looking for someone to be goofy with but I hope he is basing it on more than just the goof factor. I figured it would be Desiree or Ashlee for the next Bachelorette.

March 12, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Trezenia

Catherine is really sweet, but don't think her & Sean will last! Why would he be going on DWTS, right after
    getting engaged, I think Catherine will be jealous. Does Sean have a Career in Insurance, or is that just a
    ploy? Whatever he doesn't seem to be needed at this Profession! I do wish Sean & Catherine the BEST! They
    will need it! :) Desiree is a beautiful young Lady & think she will do just fine as the Bachelorette!

March 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. myonlygreensunshine

I'll be surprised if it actually lasts. Love Catherine. But what's The Bachelor/Bachelorette's score now? 1 for how many seasons?

March 12, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  37. sally

appears Catherine was the rIght one.

March 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Z

Shawn should have listened to his mom.............in the end I hope he will be happy but never thought Catherine would be his choice.....

March 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Once the cameras are turnd off,

Sean will ditch her and go back to his alternative lifestyle. Just you wait!

March 12, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. Brenda

Desiree as Bachlorette... nope... I will not watch this season.

March 12, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  41. El Disgusto

The network did give her the option to keep weight and the buttplug if she agreed to compete sans clothing.

March 13, 2013 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  42. Richard Fore

Enjoy talking to yourself much, twit-bag? Looser.

March 13, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  43. Looser?

Really? Lemme guess, you're a jr. high dropout, right? Even a complete tard knows how to spell "loser," ya loser.

March 13, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |