Christian Slater's engaged
March 1st, 2013

Christian Slater's engaged

Christian Slater is ready to settle down again.

The actor told Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night" Wednesday that he's preparing to tie the knot with girlfriend Brittany Lopez.

Fallon opened his appearance by congratulating Slater on getting engaged, and asked the 43-year-old to tell the story of how the couple met.

"I went down to Miami a couple years ago, stayed at this little place called Little Palm Island ... and this girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady," Slater said. "I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal that morning."

Fallon, of course, couldn't let that visual slide - after a little ribbing, Slater good-naturedly amended his description to: "I [was] sitting there like a filthy old man, eating my oatmeal, yeah."

But beyond that bowl of oats, he continued, he thought he watched his girlfriend-to-be propose to her lady companion.

"This spot was famous for people proposing to each other, and she's there with this older lady, and she gets down on one knee and proposes. I was of course very intrigued," Slater said. "I thought I had just witnessed a nice lesbian engagement, so I was coming over to say congratulations, but it turns out it was her aunt."

In actuality, he said, she was just joking, but it was the catalyst that led to their romance.

"I witnessed it, and it intrigued me, and the next thing I know, we're hanging out in the Everglades," Slater said.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Bak Batattaba

I like eggs

March 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tug Romney

Does Christian Slater continue doing his Jack Nicholson impersonation in private, or is that just a public persona that he puts on? If he does both, that could be very confusing for his bride-to-be.

March 4, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Laurence Charles Ringo

I wish Christian Slater and his wife-to -be much joy and happiness;I've been a fan of his since"Heathers"and enjoy almost anything he's in-congrats,dude!!

March 4, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Basement.

told u boyz we dere...

March 3, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Parents Phone Lines

bb report

March 3, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kate and her low end friends.

total clown and a plain person

March 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tootie

I don't know who this is. Is he a clown? He looks like he would be funny. I wonder if he ever did any cartoons? I'll have to ask my mom who he is. My mom knows everything.

March 3, 2013 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. ParentsPhones and Cell...

congrats too slater's finance-

March 3, 2013 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  9. 1 Step Closer Too Victory

slater actually sleeps with this person...the poor thing...what he must have too deal with.

March 3, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. Not interested in his gross finance...

interested in how he usues his tongue.

March 2, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. CalmDown

slater's gross finance...chill.

March 2, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Slater

ugly by the minute

March 2, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mandy

we know you are visiting sweetie...there is a point now go put some makeup on

March 2, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

Not neccessarily AllensWoody. I was pretty deep into meth for about 8-9yrs. When I say in seep, I mean running fire extiguishers full of the stuff through 3 states on a weekly basis. I put it down & walked away the day my 4yr old son moved in with me. The 1st few months were horrible, but I made it through. My son is now 17 & I have been clean the whole time. Addicts just need to find something to love more like I did. I'm sure thats a big reason my son & I have such a great relationship. I've told him several times he saved my life when he moved in, although I'm still ashamed after all these years to tell him why. Matbe one day we'll have that talk. Until then I'll just keep telling him its because he made me grow up & realize what was actually important.

March 2, 2013 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Wow! That was quite an admission. First off, everybody has a past, good or bad. The lessons learned are what sculpt us into the people we are in the present. If you learned from your mistakes, and changed your life, then you have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure your son will be proud of you when you do have that talk. Btw, nice to see you back.
      Congrats to Christian Slater, too.

March 2, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

That really is quite an admission. It takes a lot to admit to that. I will admit as well. I too have a history with meth. I started doing it while I was in college. I managed to graduate but by the time I did I was really messed up on it. Living in the "meth capital of the world" at the time (Stanislaus county, Ca.) didn't help me any. I was so messed up I was stealing from my own family just to feed my addiction. I wound up getting caught. My mother gave me 2 choices then. Either get help and get clean or get out of the family. That was my wake up call. I chose to get clean. Fortunately my mother was wonderful enough that when I told her I wanted to get clean she payed for me to go to rehab. While I was in there one of my best friends visited and offered to help me get my career in producing music started when I got out. That gave me hope when I really needed it. And he did help me when I got out. I was able to get started doing what I love thanks to him. That was over a decade ago. I've been clean ever since. Sometimes an addict needs love and something to hope for I think.

March 2, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Sokman & Triumph...Sadie pretty much said it all, so I just want ya to know I'm patting you on the back for beating it...that had to be hard.
      Sokman, Does your son graduate this yr from high school? Oh wait, wrong blog...must chat on wyww. Lol!
      Triumph, Hug your Mom for me! :)

March 2, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • frumps

March 2, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • AllensWoody

First, Sokman and Triumph congrats on the sobriety. Inspirational and strong stories. However,,.in my world you get points for never trying crack or meth. The medical community has stated, just trying either just one time, you are addicted for life. The real heroes are people that are smart enough and have the will power to never try it in the 1st place. Not a judgment and again congrats. Keep it up. -AW

March 3, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Parents

check it out.

March 3, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

Filthy old men eat oatmeal? Hmmm, interesting...lol!

March 1, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. AllensWoody

But once a crack-addict, always a crack-addict, no?

March 1, 2013 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |