'DWTS' reveals new cast as Maks confirms he's out
February 26th, 2013

'DWTS' reveals new cast as Maks confirms he's out

"Dancing with the Stars" took a bit of a stumble last fall with its "All-Stars" season. Ratings for the November finale fell 27 percent from the fall 2011 season closer, and ABC even admitted that the gimmick may have driven viewers away.

For its 16th season, the show is going back to its roots. Eleven new contestants, whose names were revealed Tuesday on "Good Morning America," will take to the dance floor when the new round of "DWTS" premieres March 18.

So who will be hoofing it up next month?

Wynonna Judd: The country music star said on "GMA" that "DWTS" has tried to recruit her for the last six years.

D.L. Hughley: The comic and former CNN host is a member of "The Original Kings of Comedy."

Jacoby Jones: You might recall that the Baltimore Ravens receiver returned the opening kickoff of the second half of Super Bowl 47 for a 108-yard touchdown, tying an NFL record that he set last October.

Lisa Vanderpump: The London-born restaurateur is already a reality star thanks to Bravo's "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and the spinoff, "Vanderpump Rules."

Andy Dick: The comedian and actor is looking to bounce back.

Victor Ortiz: Considered one of the top welterweight boxers in the world, Ortiz is a former WBC welterweight champion. He lost that title to former "DWTS" contestant Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2012.

Zendaya Coleman: The 16-year-old star of Disney Channel's "Shake It Up" looks to follow in the footsteps of co-star Roshon Fegan, who finished sixth in the 14th season of "DWTS."

Aly Raisman: The gold-medal gymnast looks to match the success of Shawn Johnson, who won the eighth season of "DWTS" and finished second in "All-Stars."

Ingo Rademacher: The German-born actor has played Jasper "Jax" Jacks on ABC's "General Hospital" since 1996.

Kellie Pickler: The former roller-skating waitress is the first "American Idol" contestant to compete on "DWTS." The country crooner finished sixth on the fifth season of "Idol."

Dorothy Hamill: The figure skating legend won Olympic gold in 1976 and continues to be a mentor to younger skaters.

The show also revealed some changes to its dance pro lineup, as popular pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Anna Trebunskaya and Chelsie Hightower won't be competing this season. Among the new pros unveiled was former "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant Lindsay Arnold.

Maks hinted that he wasn't going to return to "DWTS" last fall, and he issued a statement on Tuesday confirming his departure and thanking the show and his fans.

“I just want to set the record straight to all of my amazing fans that I will unfortunately not be returning for this season of 'Dancing with the Stars,'" he said. "I’ve been a Pro dancer on the show for about seven years now and am eager to explore other opportunities ... I'm going to take this time to dive into producing and acting, while fulfilling my sponsorship obligations."

What do you think of this season's contestant pool?

« Previous entry
  1. m.

that face kills me..yums.

February 28, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Miss Them

what a harmony!

February 28, 2013 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. The Morning Show.

maks is not ok....he da best.

February 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DWTS is

similar to episodes of the Love Boat. D list actors and has beens, looking for a chance to be in the limelight again.
    PASS

February 27, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hard

maks is beautiful and funny.

February 27, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan Thompson

I care about none of these loser celebrities. This show should be called Dancing with the Has Beens or the Never Wasses. Really, if they started letting cab drivers, Mini-Market Cashiers and shoe salesman on as the celebrities, would anyone notice much of a difference?

February 27, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Probably no one would care, Dan, because the fun is in watching untrained people develop dance skills. If you don't like it, just don't watch it – no need to insult everyone who does enjoy it.

March 6, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. kira youssef

I am really excited to see Kellie Pickler on this show! She is a funny, darling person and was a riot on AI! The fact she is paired with Derek will be very exciting to watch! Good luck for Kellie! As a fan since her audition on AI, i will be voting for her! WTG Kellie!

February 27, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. MJ

The viewers will leave in droves as the "reality tv stars" are added more and more. Television Executives seem to forget that the 20-somethings are watching their cell-phones and playing on their "devices" all the time – no time to sit down, relax and enjoy a television program. The "over-30" bunch and "boomers" are the ones that will drop this show like a bomb since most don't watch the "staged" reality programs.

February 27, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. momz

Maks and Derek gone-so am I.

February 27, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Max Fan

Derek has been gone – but Max being gone....well..that made the show worth watching – don't blame him – really time for DWTS to go....this season is not good

February 27, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Donnie

I like Ingo, but totally with you, no Maks, no Derek, no time for me to bother.

February 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SANDE

Oh my gosh! This is sickening! Not only Max is leaving the show, but several of the other pros. How can we watch this show without Anna, Jonathan, Chelsie,and I am sure I have missed someone else. The pros know they need to move on and broaden their Horizons. They have proven what they can do and I am look forward with anticipation to all the other things they do and the places they show up. I bet that we will see Cameo Appearances of them on DEREK & JULIANA's NEW DANCE SHOW!!! Max is excellent, but by far, Derek has always surpassed any of the male dancers.
    JUST LOOK AT DEREK NOW!!!! CREATING A NEW SHOW WITH HIS SISTER! THAT IS THE SHOW I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING!

February 27, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. corinne

It's unfortunate how the show is unraveling. Poor Wynonna Judd, leave her alone , I mean Andie Dick? Are they for real? He would do anything (and I mean anything) to get his mug on TV. Nothing against the remaining pro's but, we have now lost Chelsea,Anna and MAKS!!!!! Plus Derek, Julianne, now there are no real known stars either. I don't think they are going to be able to pull this one out of the dredges! Who is paired with who? I hope that Derek and Julianne do well, but I hope it is more like DWTS. Maybe they could do a dancing with the fans! I'm in!

February 27, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Annie

I will NOT be watching DWTS this season! I HATE the line up!!!!!

February 27, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • LK

You KNOW you will be watching! LOL! No matter who's on it, it's still entertaining! :) And I'm anxious to see the new Pro dancers, too! :)

February 27, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Geez

Enough already. This is not a weight loss program nor are they stars. Now we replace professional dancers with a reality winner?

February 27, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • LK

Just because you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they are not stars. I haven't heard of a lot of them either, and that happens EVERY season! But that doesn't mean they are not in the industry. What is your definition of "star"? Someone who's been in a movie? A TV series? They can be in any field in the industry, and be labeled a "star". And by the way, I see you didn't mention anything about Chelsie Hightower or Lacey Schwimmer, both from So You Think You Can Dance (if that's what you were referring to about "pros" from reality shows). What difference does it make, as long as they are PRO dancers?

February 27, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  14. Rose

No wonder the ratings fall when a person has never heard of the contestants. This year I know two, Hamill and Aly Raisman. The rest are nobodies.

February 27, 2013 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  15. Candace Kane

Max was the only one that could bring some class act to DWTS. I won't be watching this year along with many others.

February 27, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • LK

He said he won't be back "this season", so maybe he'll be back again soon. He just wants to explore other avenues.... see what's out there. He needs to get that out of his system, and then maybe he'll be back. If not, then I wish him luck in his new adventures. I will miss him, too! :(

February 27, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Cissy Houston 1

a rare talent

February 27, 2013 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  17. ElephantEarsandRear 1

maks is a dreamboat

February 27, 2013 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  18. martin13005

Meh

February 27, 2013 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  19. ArethaFranklin's Rear 1

maks is so cute..i've reheared many times in his studio which is 5 minutes away from my home. i know him and his family for years. i love being there ... the studio is so alive and fun...we love you maks.

February 27, 2013 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. Great Job

i wish they would choose better angles

February 27, 2013 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. Laura

Tristan is pretty good eye candy and has a great personality.

February 26, 2013 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ginger

So, Judd agreed to join the cast to lose weight. Was not ware that DWTS was a weight loss program. If the network looked at the show and listened to the viewers, they would KNOW why the show lost ratings. saw a post that someone had asked "Where are the stars?" Good question.

February 26, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  23. justine

Love Maks... & his 'unorthodox' way of teaching – wonderful dancer! Dorothy Hamill is the only 'star' I like & recognize. Won't be watching season 16.

February 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Judy

I'm really disappointed Max is off the show. He has been my favorite dancer since the beginning; love his "wiggle" and he's got a great butt. He's also handsome and I love his accent; hopefully his brother will at least still be on the show. Not sure I'll watch this season, but if I do will be most interested in Lisa Vanderpump.

February 26, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. anon4or

come on, stop cyber bullying and bashing the Palins.

February 26, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. deal with it...

its all in fun... if i want too say i like maks butt....i can...its a blog anything goes...

February 26, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  27. be quiet

no Maks, no watch. the only reason I would watch before was to watch that gorgeous man dance and gyrate his perfect butt around and around.

February 26, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Unhappiness is sadness....

i'm sorry your a very unhappy and an angry musician for some reason...try to get the root of the problem so you can live with yourself in a much easier way then hurting yourself emotionally all the time–just sayin.

February 26, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Rita

I can't wait for Max to write the DWTS tell all book.

February 26, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SpyMonkey

what a boring lineup!! they always have some unknown Disney channel kid, always an old woman that never has a chance, always an old Olympian, always a newer/younger Olympian, always a football player, always one oddball.. so predictable… No Sean Lowe the new Bachelor, huh? Too bad.. had he been cast, I might actually watch.

February 26, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • figure it out

its more serious then jokes and its quite clear that the writing shows deep sadness.

February 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. TJ

ONE of the main reasons why the ratings fell 27 percent last season was because of BRISTOL PALIN!!!

February 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Dayton

Here is how to fix the show. First get rid of Len as a judge and put Maks in as the new judge. 2nd get rid of Brooke the least talented interviewer EVER..... She has no emotion and just can't ask intelligent questions. Put in last seasons winner for Brooke. Where are the movie stars? Where is a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model or even Victoria Secret Model? How about a Rock n Roll guy? Quit getting ABC shows stars or semi stars try other networks? What do you think?

February 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sande

Your right, Dayton. They should get rid of Brooke whatever her hyphenated last name is. I can't even figure out what she is saying. Most often she stands around with her hand on her hop. She is so boring, but she thinks she is glamorous. I most often rofl when she is on. As for Len, I like him because he is really trying to keep the Ballroom Dancing element alive. This is not freestyle dancing, it is BALLROOM DANCING.

February 27, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Nevada Pat

Fix the show?!?! Just one night a week. No repeats of previous week's program. Drop second night. Only watch last
      ten minutes. Too many commercials. Len stays. Will miss Max.

February 27, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. Lola

Didn't Maks hurt himself dancing with Kirstie Alley? I can appreciate big women dancing to help loose weight, but they can hurt themselves or their partners. What good is losing weight if if you are going to just balloon up again? Kirstie has done that so many times and so has Wynona.

February 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sorry

Why are you people still picking of Bristal Palin – she is not on the show – no wonder many of you like the internet so much you can be cruel and unkind without having the balls to show yourself.

February 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mememem

No one wanted to see a dancing COW twice. She ruined the season the first time she was one, can't believe that they were dense enough to bring her back.

February 27, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  35. oh my hunk o mania

your make things so difficult..if you want see them just ask....you do not speak much do you.

February 26, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Karen

What happened to Bobby Flay?

February 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  37. AgonyF

DWTS–Driving While Totally Stoned.

We must unite and stop DWTS now!

February 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. AZGirl

I watched Seasons 2 through year before last. Great fun. But last year wasn't remotely interested in the "stars," nor am I this year. Who? (Though that's probably true of every year for many viewers.) But I wish people here would give the plus-sized women a break. Wynonna Judd is hardly the first. The country is packed with plus-sized women, and they deserve representation, too. (You'll notice, however, that we never see any obese men.) Have you all checked your own scales lately? How about that repairman butt crack, or the gut folding over your belt? And before anyone assumes I'm a plus-sized woman, I'm 5'5" and 130 lbs. I just think "weight-ism" is as bad as other "isms."

February 26, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ariel

I love Zendaya Coleman

February 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Reposted: grammadiamond

reposted: grammadiamond

I'm thinking the same thing... No offende, but she's a BIG girl! They really should give thought to WHO bigger girls are going to be able to dance with, before they choose them. Maks was the biggest guy, and now that he's going to be gone, WHO IN THE WORLD would be able to LIFT Ms Judd?? Ummm...let me see...nobody??

February 26, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply

February 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. The Same Usual Celebrities.

Suck as usual.

February 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Huh?

What a horrible bunch of "celebrities." I didn't watch last year and I won't watch again this year. They need better celebrities. This is WORSE than the D-list.

February 26, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Turn around

at your backside.

February 26, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Pam

I'm more bummed out that Maks, Anna & Chelsie won't be there than any argument about the "stars." However, I think it's time high time Derek got one of the older &/or heftier contestants – so not fair to the other dancers.

February 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. palintwit

Bristol Palin's last partner's name was Fork Lift.

February 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  46. ERNA BURTON

what happened here?Too bad Maks is leaving and also Anna. Well lets watch for a bit and then we can always turn off the TV
    But I am glad that Tom is still with you,he does make the show

February 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dance la Esmeralda, dance!

I actually think this is good group of stars, and yes I said STARS. I wish people would stop complaining about the status of these people. Many just won't know 100% of them – including myself – because we all don't watch the same shows or deeply follow the same sports. It’s impossible to know the name of every celebrity or athlete out there. These people have won prestigious medals/awards or are popular in their own right and field of work though.

That being said, I am very disappointed in the pairings. There's already a buzz of Aly and Kellie being the favorites and surprise surprise, they are paired with Dereck and Mark. Meanwhile, Tristan and Tony are paired with the older/heavier/non-athletic ones again (and let me remind some of you that Melissa was a replacement; Tony originally had an older star that was injured and was replaced a few days before the season started). It's getting to the point where I'm tired of the lack of variety with the pairing and cheering the same professionals on at the end.

February 26, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Good afternoon

what musical background do you have? its fun too talk with someone who knows the industry

February 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • reposted: grammadiamond

February 26, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply

February 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ted

There's a gold medal winning gymnast who is White?

February 26, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane

actually the entire team is gold medal winners..The US team won the gold medal in the olympics..gabby won the all around gold..their color of skin is insignificant....

February 26, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jessica

I really hope Lacey Schwimmer will not be returning as one of the professional dancers. That woman is insufferable. She's one of the most self-absorbed and conceited spoiled little brats I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. Ugggh.

February 26, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Obviously there were some in your family.

February 26, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nevada Pat

Lacey choreoraphed herself, not her partner. Len had to remind her each season. What a put down!

February 27, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  50. DWT?

Who are these people.....lol Looks like a good season to pass on, where is the re-roll button?

February 26, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. youngnannie

Loved Maks but also will stop watching because of Krista palin

February 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Crissy Red

How very exciting!! DWTS is back to their old formula of a mixed bunch to suit every variety of viewer.. I personally am very excited to see Lisa Vanderpump and Wynonna shake a leg!! whoop whoop!

February 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • denise

Yea me too. Can't wait to see her strut herself. I hope she does good. Get a kick out of Vanderplump,

February 26, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  53. zoifull

Maks was the only star on the show. It should be called Dancing with People You Might have Heard About Sometime. I'm done with the show. Maks was the only reason I watched.

February 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Manyu

Worse season ever! Who are MOST of these people? Feel sorry for Tony Dovolani paired with Wynona!!...He's in for a TOUGH AND ROUGH ride!!!...Tony don't worry u won't be suffering too long...it'll be a quick ride! I hope!...keeping my fingers crossed for ur sake! They should change the name of the show to DANCING WITH UNKNOWN STARS!!

February 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valjoh

I think it is a good cast of stars. The stars maybe unknown to some and known to others...I am sure this is probably the case each season. Why are people talking about Wynonna Judd's weight? She has two feet and two arms right...she has the right to dance just like everyone else. People stop being mean for no reason, it shows your ignorance.

February 26, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Dustin.Goldsen@yahoo.com

I'm surprised that the all star season didn't get good ratings. I thought it was their best season ever?

I would much rather watch people who can dance than people who waste everyone's time stumbling around the floor going nowhere.

February 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • crissy red

watching people who dance well is boring and not what DWTS is about, thus why season 15 sucked.

February 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Steve

Still no word on who the stars will be.

February 26, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

No kidding==

check out the book sale at amazingsalebooks--winter reading sale!

February 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. dwtsfan

seriously where do you people live? two olympic gold medalists, one super bowl champion, one boxing champion, one of the biggest stars ever on one of the biggest daytime shows ever, two superstars of country music....two superstars of comedy...get out from under whatever rock you have been frequenting. the only one i didn't know is the real housewife with the dog...looks to be another great season. and like every season, within a few weeks the haters will be saying this is the best cast ever.

February 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dwt?

You're kidding right?
      Wynonna Judd: Not even a relevant country star anymore (i'm guessing this is the overweight person they always pick?)
      D.L. Hughley: Who?
      Jacoby Jones: Standard DWTS athlete.....remove the shirt dances etc. blah blah who?
      Lisa Vanderpump: Who?
      Andy Dick: Played out comedian......blah
      Victor Ortiz: boxing? who watches boxing? Who?
      Zendaya Coleman: Classic DWTS disney channel dancer. Who?
      Aly Raisman: I'm guessing mckayla was busy? Still this is probably the most well known contestant.
      Ingo Rademacher: Soap Opera dancer. Who?
      Kellie Pickler: At least we know this one even if it is because of the fake assets.
      Dorothy Hamill: 1976 bwahaha most viewers were either young or not even born yet.......Who?
      So that adds up to 7 Who? 2 blah and 2 kinda celebs.

Anyone else wondering where is james van der beek? He's been trying to get on the cast on his other show, that would have been hilarious.

February 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Victor

Andy Dick " a superstar of comedy...Only in his mind

February 26, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Snorlax

If ever a name was fitting, it is the fifth guy on the list. I don't imagine he's getting much work lately.

February 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  59. palintwit

Bristol Palin is just hoping that her buttplug won't fall out this time.

February 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Lablover

Go Lisa Vanderpump!

February 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Pat

Too many OLD contestants!

February 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Carol

Absolutely horrible!!! I expect no more from this show that jumped the shark a few seasons ago. I watched last season (was one of a few, evidently) because of the "stars" on the show. I stopped watching because of the horrible judges – they are an embarrassment!! Love Tom Bergeron, but cannot stand Burke!!

Really?? Andy Dick??? Kelly Pickler??? No way!!!!

February 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  63. MARCI

I AM SO GLAD THAT MAX IS LEAVING,HE'S RUDE I, SO ILL MANNERED AND NOT VERY RESPECTABLE.,ON THE OTHER
    HAND SO SO SO GLAD THAT BEAUTIFUL DEREK IS STILL THERE.HE IS THE SHOW

February 26, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  64. San Jose

So sad Maks is gone... but at least there's Val!! :)

February 26, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobpitt

Worst new ever Anna won't be there.. no reason to watch.. she is HOT

February 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Not happy

No Maks = not watching. Plus this is a sad cast. It should tell you something when Andy Dick is listed as a star. Sad, sad! Maks would have been the biggest star on the show.

February 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  66. alumette

scrapping the bottom of the barrel....the Judd ? such a cow.....come on....the show is going down the tube, as no one with any sense will watch these losers. Good for Max ! I would leave as well......can you imagine the poor dancers paired with these people ? Life is too short for that torture.

February 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. JJ

Only show that has grown worse than DWTS is American Idol. No talent on that show.
    And the judges have taken the limelight. Ruined the show.

February 26, 2013 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  68. Suzanne

No Maks, not watching!!!

February 26, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  69. Austin

Bottom of the barrel on "stars" . Worse no name lineup I've ever seen. Has DWTS jumped the shark???? maybe....

February 26, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  70. Julie

Maks is gone – – – so am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 26, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  71. ED

Bout time they got rid of Maks. His arrogance and the reincarnation of Bristol on the last season resulted in my dropping DWTS from my weekly shows to watch.

February 26, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  72. grammadiamond

Not impressed at all with these "stars"...and I use the term VERY loosely!!

February 26, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  73. Wyckette

Maks your acting ambitions are right up there with your ego. Being a big fish in a small pond of pro dancers on DWTS was one thing, but trying to break out of that pond into something more will prove you haven't got it. Try modeling if you haven't aged out of that.
    I hope DWTS will be over by the end of this season so I don't accidentally hit that channel. I stopped watching after the second show with Palin and there is no one in this list that would make me want to watch again.

February 26, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Wow Wyckette for someone who doesn't like the show...why are you reading and commenting on this article at all????

February 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Horse with no name

Would somebody please return Andy D. back to satan! Tell him we'll throw in Kathy Griffen and Anderson Cooper to boot. Thanks!

February 26, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  75. BG

It's always fun when they announce the cast...I always play a game where I figure out if I recognize at least 50% of the names. Only got 5 this time. :-(

February 26, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  76. Abby

I wish Dancing With The Stars would get some actual 'stars' on it. With the popularity of the show, you would think they could get better names than what has been showing up. No-names like Bristol Palin!!!!!
    Too bad Maks is leaving.

February 26, 2013 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  77. Taylor

Looks to be a miserable, fairly unknown cast. I swore years ago that I would not watch anyting with Andy Dick as he is known to be very rude and crude. He was on a Lifetime special some years ago and his language was dreadful. I was shocked that a family station would carry him and am disappointed that DWTS is featuring him.

February 26, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • grammadiamond

I agree! I think I will refrain from watching, until he is voted off. He is NOT a contestant that should be featured on this kind of show. WAAAAY too crude, rude, and just has NO class. Sorry DWTS...you blew this one. In fact, pretty sad, unknown, list.. Only have heard of a couple of them, and aside from Ingo, and Zandaya, could care less about the rest of those "stars"...

February 26, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  78. Bo

Maybe they could let the more attractive ladies dance without clothes on

February 26, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  79. greeneyedirishlass

This lineup is not going to attract viewers...they need to recognize, the show is over.

February 26, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  80. jesse

who R these pple ? i only know 4 them. ooo well may B i dont watch enough t v dorothy hamill look so teriffic kelly pickler will b fun..and the young gymnastic winner i too will miss MAX

February 26, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  81. Melissa

Winona is scary. Like a giant red headed grizzly bear wookie. I bet she could whup 3 or 4 guys at one time if she was a wrassler, like Andre the Giant used to do.

February 26, 2013 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  82. jesse

well I dont care much for WYNONA but I give her a chance...she may B using show just to loose weight. who will she b paired with......hope he is big n strong

February 26, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  83. Ben

Dorothy Hamill is a legendary ice skater.
    However, the show will probably do poorly in the ratings after the CBS Monday night comedy line up, The Voice (NBC) when it returns, and maybe even programs on Fox.
    No where near enough Stars to get a lot of people to watch it. Skimpy, revealing costumes are just not enough to bring in a large audience.

February 26, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  84. Boo

Yawn...

February 26, 2013 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  85. Observer

Should be called "Dancing With the C-Listers"

Never heard of most of these people...

February 26, 2013 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  86. So sad

No Maks!!!! I ain't watching!!!!!!

February 26, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  87. Randy J

I really think Bristol Palin will do good this season. I think she is in it to win it.

February 26, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  88. M.A.P. (Mothers against poo)

It's a splattastrtophy!

February 26, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  89. grammadiamond

February 26, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  90. Butch1

we're seen that one also.....it goes from here to alpine.

February 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |