'The Walking Dead:' Five pivotal scenes
February 25th, 2013

'The Walking Dead:' Five pivotal scenes

[Note: This post contains spoilers for the February 24 episode of AMC's "The Walking Dead."]

Sunday night's "Walking Dead" showed us the aftermath of the Governor's attack on the prison as well as the end of Andrea's patience with him.

With last night also being the Oscars, we thought we'd give out our Awards - let's call them the "Walkies" - for the episode's best moments.

1. Best 'calling out' moment: Hershel to Rick

Early in the episode, Hershel had finally had enough of Rick's hot-headed ways, and told him he needed to live up to the title if he wanted to be a leader. "Rick-tatorship" or not, crazy Rick wasn't going to fly anymore.

2. Best father-son moment: Carl and Rick

Carl may have just opened Rick's eyes to his behavior when he backed up Hershel's view that Rick didn't seem fit to lead anymore. Carl took it further by suggesting to Rick that he let Daryl or someone else lead the group, at least for a short time.

3. Best accidental meeting in the woods: Tyrese's group and Andrea

After Andrea notified the Governor that she no longer trusted him, she snuck out to the prison to try and put a stop to this war between the two sides.

She told Milton to help her, and he immediately ratted her out to the Governor, who encouraged Milton to do just what she asked.

As the pair of them were making a walker her "pet," they were attacked by a few others and got some unexpected assistance from Tyrese's group, who'd quietly exited the prison themselves.

Milton led them back to Woodbury, and it wasn't long before they gave the Governor some intel on Rick.

4. Best reunion gone sour: Andrea's visit to the prison

Andrea didn't exactly get a ticker tape parade when she arrived at the prison. She learned of the deaths of Shane, Lori and T-Dog while Rick basically treated her like the enemy since the Governor was her boyfriend. She swore up and down she had no idea what he was up to, but even Michonne turned against her.

The survivors gave her a car to drive home in, but it looks like she'll meet Rick again as he heads to Woodbury with Carl and Michonne.

5. Best almost-death that might have ended the season early

Carol gave Andrea the idea to sleep with the Governor, and then she could end all of this pretty quickly.

Andrea did just that, but when she crept up on the snoozing Governor with a knife, she couldn't bring herself to kill him.

So we've presumably still got five more episodes to see how this all ends up between the two camps.

What were your award-worthy moments last night? Share your view on video or post a comment.

1. ANYTHING WE DO IS FOR THEM AND ONLY THEM

STFU

March 12, 2013 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. charity funding course

I was studying some of your posts on this internet site and I believe this site is rattling informative! Retain posting. charity funding course http://charityfunding01.webnode.com/

March 12, 2013 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. SI Hos

we know....hahaha

February 27, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Poodlegirl

To "New viewer" Hershel was looking for some liquid relief in season two...but no smokers...tobacco is surely scarce. The gov creeps me out, Andrea needs to grow a set.

February 27, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Plain Clothes Hero

Last nights episode was very interesting. Its great to see how Carl has really grown. He definitely isn't the little boy from last season that always seemed to get into trouble. Poor Rick, he needs to come back from crazy town. I can understand why he is there but he needs to come back now. I can't believe Andrea. Her character appears to be so strong but she is so weak at the same time. Her friends didn't abandon her on the farm it was a tragic mishap but now she has the opportunity to make things right with them and go back to them again and she chooses the govenor?!? I have never really liked Andrea and this just sealed the deal for me. And Merle is nothing more than a survivor. I don't think he cares about anyone but himself and his brother. He is just playing nice with Rick's group now because he knows he can't leave his brother again and he can't be out on his own again. He is just trying to fit in for now to survive.

February 27, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jessica

If I was in Rick's group I'd ask everyone to vote to see if he should be kicked out. That or I'd leave myself. He is a nut job. Plus he is a complete jerk. It really seems like those in his group would get tired of his cr ap pretty fast.

February 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fremont

Why aren't there any dogs or cats there? They are FAST. No way a walker would ever catch a cat.

February 26, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Andrea

Andrea logic: "All my friends tell me he's dangerous and a liar, but you know, the d is good so he can't be all bad."

February 26, 2013 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Stan

The Governor is starting to grow on me. I kind of like his character more as time passes. Plus Rick just seems to get weaker and weaker. I'm just not a fan of Rick's. He usually acts crazy or like a complete jerk.

February 26, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Denise

I agree. The governor seems to treat his residents ok. He did experiment on a few of those with terminal illness and fixing to pass on, but they gave their consent. It looks like a fairly nice peaceful town. Or was until that Grimes showed up.

February 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Melissa

Andrea is the worst. Abandoning her friends and possibly even turning against them. I even like Merle and the governor better than her.

February 26, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Niko

http://www.phoneunlock24.com is a fully automatic system to assist in unlocking mobile phones by code . It is based on several years of experience. With automated processes of delivery, waiting time for the unlock code shortened to a minimum time of calculation to receive unlock code for your device. We invite you to familiarize with full offer of phoneunlock24

March 17, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lou

Merle is getting along alot better with the group than I though.

February 26, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff

Whenever I hear its a great episode and I watch it, usually it is just blaaaah. If I'm not expecting much, then it turns out to be not such a letdown to watch. It's still my favorite show in a long while. The first season was just so great though. I almost wish I had never seen the first season – I keep wanting to compare these episodes to it. The first season was incredible. The rest is just a soap opera.

February 26, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jeff

That Andrea is pretty cruddy. I hope they never let her rejoin the group. It looks like in the next episode that Rick and Michonne head off to try and assassinate the governor and Carl sneaks off to help them. From the previews it doesn't look like they are going to have much luck accomplishing it. I'll bet they save that for either the final episode of the season, of the next to the last one.

February 26, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. TheShow

the show was so predictable and so easy to figure out......not good acting, preparation or scripting.
    however we'll give it an E for effort.

February 25, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Eunice

I didn't think it was that great of an episode. Everytime I watch it it is basically a letdown. The writers just want to stretch out the plot as long as possible with little to nothing of any significance actually happening. It seems to be just a soap opera with zombies.

February 25, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Peace

I, also, like the weekly WD blog. (especially when I get behind on dvr) Thanks CNN! :)

February 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Good Thinking

we use too smoke and we quit, we do not drink heavily

February 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Henry

A new watcher of this show and have a few questions. 1. Why is the weather always nice and sunny? No rain, snow 2. I noticed that no one smokes or drinks, is this done purposely in the script. Not that I want to see any but some of them look like they would be smokers and drinkers.

February 25, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alejo

Season 3 started right after the winter season.

2. I guess people don't smoke and drink because they are too worried about other crucial supplies. But thats true, I don't think i ever seen one of the cast ever smoke.

February 25, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea Sucks

The weather is nice and sunny because it takes place in Georgia...there's no snow there. They usually shoot the seasons in the summer/sometimes late summer. Which is also why they're sweaty...cause it's super hot.

they don't smoke because....chances are....tobacco has probably been cleared out of every store possible and they've smoked everything. Everything has most likely been looted.

In woodbury, there is alcohol and the Governor drinks it. Other people don't have alcohol..maybe because they're more looking for food then whiskey. Again....liquor stores...and everything else...has also probably been looted.

February 26, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  19. PawlieLeaderBimbo

what happened - no answer?

February 25, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

T-Dog smoked a cigarette after finding a pack of cigarettes in season 2 after he hurt his arm. They drink wine at the CDC at the end of season 1.

February 26, 2013 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Jealousy

there is no pack of cigarettes in season 2.

February 26, 2013 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. The Real Me--

it a simple question and everyone is all of a sudden going DUH on me.. when a person hacks in everywhere, phones, tv and computer and the other party does not know them, never met them and would never do that....what do we call that

i've worked for the top lawyers in the united states and heading to the biggest investment banking firm in history...we call that a Harrassment Charge.

February 25, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. itsamemario

I love this show but andrea needs a good hard slap back into reality..

February 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lamar

It was a silly episode.

February 25, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. the color of the light is green.

bye.

February 25, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Darlene

Best show ever !!! Love Rick !!!! Hands down to the cast!!!

February 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  25. TheDead

my cousins are so addicted too this show - the talk about it all the time! truth

February 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

I bet you that's not the only thing your cousins are doing together all the time, you redneck. truth

February 25, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • simple question-still no direct answer

my cousins and i are not bimbos we would not do that - now try again

it a simple question and everyone is all of a sudden going DUH on me.. when a person hacks in everywhere, phones, tv and computer and the other party does NOTknow them, never met them and would never do that....what do we call that

February 25, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rebbeca

Best show on TV hands down! The writing is awesome and the characters just get better and better. I think it's time for the Governor to get axed but I doubt Andrea is going to be the one to do it and she is becoming the character I love to hate.

February 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. PassingThrough

see you at the luncheon davie!!!!!!!

February 25, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Rick Grimes

Tyrese was bad ass in the comics, but he's now on th ebad guys team in the TV show... that needs to change.

February 25, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tim

I'm going to try and not read any of the post here or this blog. I recorded TWD last night and haven't seen it yet. This never works though. By 5 o'clock I'll have already read it 5 or 6 times. Gosh I love this weekly blog and TWD. We hope everyone's day will be the best !

February 25, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |