Jessica Chastain on Oscar: It's not my year
February 24th, 2013

Jessica Chastain on Oscar: It's not my year

Jessica Chastain's sparkling Armani gown was a clear winner on the Oscars red carpet Sunday, but that's about all the actress is expecting to win tonight.

Nominated in the best actress category for her work in "Zero Dark Thirty," Chastain told CNN before the ceremony that she doesn't think she'll walk away with the Oscar statue.

"I’m not going to win the Oscar tonight. I don’t think it’s my year, which is OK," she said. "I love the character, it's based on a real woman who’s currently working undercover. I’m so proud [of the film]."

As for her curve-hugging strapless dress, Chastain said she chose it because it reminded her of something Marilyn Monroe might have worn.

"The dress reminded me of a 'Happy Birthday, Mr. President,' kind of dress," the 35-year-old star said. "It’s an honor to wear a dress that evokes old Hollywood."

Filed under: Awards Season • Celebrities • Oscars 2013

« Previous entry
  1. Meh

evokes old hollywood...yeah yeah...."look at my jugs everyone!"
    evokes oldest profession but thats ok

February 25, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NOBETTERTHENYOUGIRLS...

keep going...

February 25, 2013 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. NOTBETTERTHEYOUGIRLS

i'm starving!

February 25, 2013 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Goldman Girl

mouth is just a mouth...she has worse problems then you do ladies-sorry for all the writing it was the only way could bail in...jerk

February 25, 2013 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. She's on a strict diet

since most people think she so fat....good luck too all of you.

February 25, 2013 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Looking at her, I can't help wondering. Does the carpet match the drapes???

February 25, 2013 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. InCO

Jeeze, mitten, catty much..... I LOVE Jessica Chastain. She's been one of my favorite actresses since I saw her in 'The Debt' - she was utterly riveting; she stole the spotlight in that film from Helen Mirren, which is an amazing accomplishment. She may not win this year, but mark my words, she will win an Oscar. It's inevitable.

February 24, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • freedom

Totally agree! The Debt was the first film I saw her in too – she was amazing. She is extremely talented and seems like a nice person, too. Also, very beautiful and has class. Will definitely win an oscar – agree. In the meantime, will enjoy her films.

February 25, 2013 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • miTTen

Not being catty at all. I just said she's no Marilyn Monroe, sheesh.

February 25, 2013 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • BailUndra

Your no better then anyone...always remember that sweetie.

February 25, 2013 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • jules

Jess should have won. I love Jennifer but there is no way her performance came close to the level of Jessica's. Out there this very night, there's a real woman doing what Jess gave us a glimpse of with her portrayal of the unknown woman. She was outstanding.

March 9, 2013 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. miTTen

That may be a Marilyn Monroe dress, but, you're no Marilyn Monroe Jessica Chastain.

February 24, 2013 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |