Mindy McCready prepped suicide prevention video
February 19th, 2013

Mindy McCready prepped suicide prevention video

Before Mindy McCready appeared to take her own life on February 17, the country singer was hoping to help prevent others from committing suicide.

The 37-year-old collaborated with a friend, Dan "Danno" Hanks, to create a video what was intended to be a PSA, People magazine reports.

The video, just over three minutes in length, was dedicated to McCready's boyfriend, singer/songwriter David Wilson. In January, Wilson died of a reported self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was also the father of her youngest son, Zayne.

After opening with a scenic image, the video shows photos of Wilson and McCready as the late singer's performance of "I'll See You Yesterday" plays in the background. At the end of the clip, contact information for SuicideIsPreventable.org appears.

Hanks, who produced the video, posted it online on Sunday after McCready's apparent suicide.

"She told me it was beautiful, it made her cry and was exactly what she wanted," Hanks told People magazine. "I asked her if I could post it and her answer was, 'You'll know when it's right.' In hindsight, she was having me produce her suicide video."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Shelly

I'll assume that is your lame attempt at being funny. While I'm all for tasteless & inappropriate jokes, the fact is, they need to be funny to be pulled off. Yours doesn't quite hit the mark.

February 27, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cormar Carpets

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to present one thing back and aid others like you aided me. Cormar Carpets http://cormarcarpets.webs.com

February 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Wow, you use a suicide to advertise your website? Not sure I would have went that route.....

February 27, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Buy Bull Thumper

If you kill yourself you go straight to helll. End of story, and her story too....

February 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean Connery

Anyone else who believes this should apply for their own gun and 1 bullet now

February 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Hell? ROFLLMAO!!!! Earth to Buy Bull Thumper, Hell (& Heaven for that matter) are fictional locations, thought up by your fictional god, in order to control the masses. Congrats on falling for that nonsense.

Mindy will be nothing more than worm food if she was buried, or a jar of ash if cremated. Nothing more...

February 27, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Elizabeth's Dead Aunt

Elizabeth, stop telling everyone how I died. It's very disrespectful child. Let me rest in peace and shut up.

February 20, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vox Humana

Life is hard. But don't give up! My mother attempted suicide in my presence when I was seven years old. It was a life changing experience. Some of it very bad. When you have children, nothing should come before them. As difficult as life can be, loss, suffering, heartache, need; nothing is more important than your role as a parent. Children can't choose. Two lessons: don't parent a child until you are together enough for that responsibility, and two: keep hope alive. Ask for help. No one wants you to feel the way you do. Just ask for help. It gets better.

February 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. arago

I posted this yesterday, but I think it bears repeating considering all the callous and irresponsible comments being made by clueless imbeciles who know nothing about the frailties of the mind.

The essential element of life is HOPE. When a person feels hope, he/she can face anything, even serious illness and tragedy. It is the loss of all hope that drives people to ultimately end their own lives. Without hope, there is nothing left but agony, anguish and misery. And when a person reaches a point where they truly feel they will never again have hope, there is nothing to keep them here except the pull of loved ones, and sometimes even that is not enough.

To those of you who smugly think this is fodder for joking, tread very carefully. Any person can easily find themselves trapped in a reality without hope, including YOU.

February 20, 2013 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

How right you are? I have experienced a loved who committed suicide. It is one of the most difficult things to go through for yourself and to feel helpless in helping that person!

February 20, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • lee

so very true.......I too have experienced these thoughts many times feeling as if there was no hope left for me. If it wasn't for me believing in a higher source (GOD) and knowing the consequences of my actions, I would have already done so.

February 21, 2013 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesusisouronlyhope

You are so right about the miracle of hope. In fact, after my husband told me that he did not want to be married anymore I wanted to take every pill in the cabinet. I could not think of anything or anyone other than my pain. But, recieved a visitation from Jesus and he gave me that supernatural hope that there is a life outside of our pain. He showed me that life and He gave me that life. Jesus is our hope. He is the one that we can call out to and he will answer. If you are with out hope today call to Him and He will absolutely answer.

February 23, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Poor fool, you speak as if your opinion matters. Joke's on you.

February 27, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Truth

Just don't do it. Do something more fun like go on vacation, eat your favorite food, etc.

February 20, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Unfortunately it is not that easy. Having gone though losing a family member to suicide and trying to do everything to help – I wish it was that simple.

February 20, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hair Cut Lady

I have seen women get very happy after getting their nails done.

February 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kate

I've heard that an improper diet, such as being a vegetarian, can cause mental illness.

February 20, 2013 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • John

I think it's irresponsible to spread misinformation like that. Yes, an improper diet that doesn't provide enough amino acids, vitamins, protein, etc. can cause problems, and yes, vegetarians need to be aware of where their protein and amino acids are coming from in their diet, because they're not consuming animal products which typically provide those things. But to generalize that vegetarian diets cause mental problems is simply untrue.

February 20, 2013 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Congrats Kate, your post qualifies for the "Dumbest Post of the Day" award. You should be proud!

February 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Olive

Crazy people are just loons. They should be put in padded rooms so they can drool on their themselves and not hurt themselves or others. Straight jackets were invented for a reason. So were loony bins and insane asylums. I say first give the nutter some meds and if they don't straighten up pretty quick then put them in the boooby hatch.

February 20, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Charles

I agree. Crazy people shouldn't be allowed to run around loose. Who knows what they will do? I watched American Horror Story last season and it taught lots about the loons. They are crazy AND creepy.

February 20, 2013 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Carolynn

If only there were insane asylums, booby hatches or padded rooms., We now have cardboard boxes in alleys, morgues and prisons.

February 20, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Eizabeth

How cruel! It is not that easy!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vox Humana

The question is, who will decide who is "loony"? You? Or me? Society has grappled with this one for centuries. Plus, there are shades of mental illness. When do we "put someone away?" When they are sad? When they can't leave the house? How will we know when it's time? I think your comments are immature and demonstrate a lack of experience and understanding.

February 20, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • lee

Wow!

February 21, 2013 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Wilbur

Suicide is the most selfish mean spoiled selfcentered thing a person can do. She could have dedicated her life to helping others. She could have taken care of the disabled or crippled children, etc..

February 20, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

I agree that suicide is extremely self-centered, but having experienced loosing a family member to suicide, I saw the pain she went through. It is not that easy to get out of that pain to do this act. People struggle so much. They just want out of their pain.

February 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. troy

Many people contimplate suicide and don't do it.. no one ever truly knows why for those who do. many people don't know what it's like to live with a mental illness so don't judge those who do.. and for those contimplating think of those you will leave behind and remember someone out there is suffering more than you.

February 20, 2013 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Carolynn

The thing is killing oneself is not so easy and the chances are pretty great you are only going to make things – much worse for yourself and still be around. Might as well find another means to give up on yourself .. Like by helping others live better. Be careful though, giving to others makes you feel really good and it will become hard to hang on to your dark scary place.

February 20, 2013 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Eizabeth

True!!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brainless

. lee comps-can't c me no mo–fixed.

February 20, 2013 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. kv

I am so sick of living with depression and want to end my life but I am waiting it out because I have kids. I'm miserable but can't get medical help because I have no insurance. I feel bad for people who suffer like this. Every day is hard. People who don't understand are just lucky, I guess. If you knew how it felt you'd be more sympathetic. I figure I have to put in at least 20 more years then I can go.

February 20, 2013 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
    • SomeoneLovesYou

Please don't ever take your life. Your creator loves you, and anything else you believe that the Devil is putting in your head are all lies. Committing suicide will not bring you peace, but send you directly to Hell. Please love your children and life that The Lord blessed you with. All of the problems you are facing now will not be the same for your entire life, here. Please, I bet you to not give into the Devil and his torment. Seek God! Start by finding a Bible and a good church to ask for help. May God watch over you and your children. This is coming from someone who once was in your same position. No medicine or doctors can fix an internal spiritual battle of the mind.

February 20, 2013 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Celine

kv, please know you are valued and would leave a huge void if you died. Your children need you... they'll always need you, twenty years down the road or sixty. My nephew committed suicide a little over a year ago, and this family will never, ever be the same without him.

Depression is an awful cycle and I know how difficult it is first hand, but please know while it clouds everything, there is good out there, there is hope, and you will find it. You will. Give yourself the chance.

February 20, 2013 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Renee

i have felt exactly the way you do and lots of other people have too. one problem is feeling that no one gets it and that you're alone. if this is what's going on with you and you'd like to talk about it, feel free to e me. i hate stupid cliches, but i've felt some relief lately; i prayed, did a lot of soul searching, and did wake up feeling more optimistic yesterday - no meds involved. i'm trying to retrain my mind to dismiss dark thoughts and stay toward the light.......when you've been down so long, sometimes all you can think are dark thoughts, they just bring you further down, obviously. you are not alone. i hope you will feel better. and yeah, i'm so fed up with the "just cheer up, you weakling" type talk. does anyone think we'd CHOOSE to feel this bad. no one can know how bad this feels unless you've been through it.

February 20, 2013 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Wilbur

Did you know exercise helps reduce depression. Also pets. And good things to eat. Lots of cool reasons to be alive. Eat your favorite snack and read a good book. Maybe take a nap.

February 20, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • you be strong-

Seriously. Hold your head high. I know its hard but keep on going. You are worth saving. Let your mind be free and focus on positive things. You CAN do it. "Don't dip your chin. If you don't, nobody can hit you"

February 20, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Carolynn

The good news is, you will look back in 5 years and see all the joy you would have missed. And by 20 years out you will be a Grandpa and see how amazing life has been and see shockingly new awesome beginnings again! Life is awesome. Don't be a quitter. I appreciate your love for your family. We all create our own reality – so recreate yours. Sounds like it needs a little work. All in love for you.

February 20, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

I feel for you. I know what you are feeling. I have kids too. I have also lost a family member to suicide and it is incredibly painful. If I can help, call the crisis clinic – tell them your situation and they can direct you to someone or a place to help you without it costing you much at all if anything. Your life and gaining your happiness back is payment enough.

February 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Music Critic

What a stupid, boring song. What a waste of cyberspace. Maybe she and the devil will get married in hell.

February 20, 2013 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

You have no clue what it is like to live with this kind of pain. What you have said is CRUEL and MEAN SPIRITED.

February 20, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Thar she blowed

Another one bites the dust....

February 20, 2013 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  16. LuLu4u

More people are talking about her now that she is a rotting corpse than when she was alive. Very upsetting.

February 20, 2013 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

Better choice of words would be a whole lot more comforting. How about a soul at piece. Some people would not believe that, but do they understand the lost place she may have been in. I don't sure don't know. I am sad, yet another person is lost to suicide and yet the insurance companies will not pay for extended term mental health. Has anyone done the numbers in the last 10 years? I am curious. Have suicides gone up?

February 20, 2013 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

I'm sorry, my english teacher may be watching. A SOUL at PEACE.

February 20, 2013 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • @ LuLu

Very mean!!! They could always cremate the body so there is no rotting. @Yoursolucky, what are your beliefs onsuicide? I'm curious.

February 20, 2013 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

LuLu4u,

LuLu, I don't know houw @ works, however, my experience that I can remember started at 14 years of age. I had a friend, my 9th grade of highschool that committed suicide when I didn't know why, she was popular, I thought she had a good home. I was 14, and that was the first funeral that I can personally remember. Later on in high school another close friend shot himself, but again, I cannot till this day remember these signs that everyone is talking about. I seen him that last day of school and then next time I was in school, we were in an assembly talking abount suicide. They seemed to always be shining the last time I seen them. I took them hard. My friends used to tease me the rest of my highschool because I would, as they quoted be the mother of the group. After gratuations, one of my closest friends moved away. I finally had a decent car and I was going to make plans to drive to see her. I received a call from another friend that she had died, My drive to see her was to her funeral. She was the smartest of us all and always seemed so sure of herself and then she was gone. I don't understand suicide at all. But it will be a cold day in hell when I belittle their death because I don't have the answers. I mourn them till this day, I have never walked a day in their shoes. I don't understand and even though my beliefs may tell me one thing. I knew those individuals and that tells me something different.

February 20, 2013 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LuLu4u

I am so sorry to hear all of that pain. That makes my heart hurt. :(

February 20, 2013 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • The Big J.C.

All them people who shoot themselves goes straight down to hell for breakfast with Satan! I know thats right!

February 20, 2013 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mindy the Zombie here

Brrrrraaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnsssssss

February 20, 2013 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  18. Yoursolucky

I have been posting coments, and responding to my posted comments, but this is really about people arguing over their beliefs. Someone has died, and we are questioning the honor of that person because of how she died. WHY? We only have our beliefs and they may always be different than everyone else's. My brother-n-law, also said I love to argue, but that is not it. I try to look at every point of view whenever posible. Sometimes, my point of view can not be changed because of me, however, I do try and think of what it would be like and react. BUT, I never judge, I have never been in these situations. How can I judge? I just feel. I don't like hear crap like 2 dogs dead, fat. You are making a physical appearance. Dog is a slang that is used very negatively towards women and men. A dog did die due to this situation, and as an animal lover, I really don't understand, but that is not up to me. There is a lot of negative information on this topic. Some I feel is totally out of the topic and they should shut up. There are some heart felt thoughts here on both sides that have true meaning and should be responded to. But you other people, freedom of speech or not, GET OF THE AIR. Someone has died and their family is deeply impacted. Do you really want them to see this CRAP that they don't need to. If you don't like what I have to say then tell me to shut up and I probably will unless you are talking about grammer or weight. Respect those that are loss and those that are sufforing.

February 20, 2013 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Sad Times

Lucky's right. I have witnessed a lot of heartless trolls on this comment board. A young lady put a gun to her head and blew chucks everywhere. This is not a good thing. As a people, we have to stand up and say, "suicide is wrong" "hate is wrong" R.I.P Molly McCready

February 20, 2013 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Sad

Her name was Mindy and we don't know where she shot herself.

February 20, 2013 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
    • On the Porch

She shot herself on the porch....as for her body, we don't know where the bullet entered

February 20, 2013 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Eg6713

Who kill this women?

February 20, 2013 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

Where did bullets come from. I certainly didn't bring them up. That is not our issue. SOMEONE HAS DIED. read it on the news. NOT HERE. You are all worried about the family no matter what you are feeling. Keep that CRAP off the channels. I am sure what ever happened it will be reported somewhere and those of you that are interested I am sure you will surf the internet every night. I don't want to know, not here and not now.

February 20, 2013 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Scrooge

Tell us what we should discuss then, moderator. Bullets and blood are far more entertaining than feelings. Maybe you should write a book about society's downfall. You get off the channels.

February 20, 2013 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

Scrooge, State your things that you can fight. Death and everyone on this page has state, if is final. Are you willing to put more hurt into the individuals possibly family and children that will read these comments in the future, because of your beliefs and not facts in which it occurred. If it is murder, that is one thing, but as of yet that hasn't even been investigated by the authorities. But what if that is true. Do you read all of the other crap that is on here. Fight and destruct something that you can, that is seen. You can not argue this. Why? according to the news it may have been her choice. And you will desicrate that even though you are telling me that I am the mediator.

February 20, 2013 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Scrooge

She is dead. We can't bring her back. You are alive. Move on with your life.

February 20, 2013 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

Scrooge,

You are so correct. But people have to mourn. Whatever our questions maybe, we have to let people mourn.

February 20, 2013 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Your words are thoughtful. I have experienced a loved one who committed suicide. It has been 20 years but to do this day, I mourn her and miss her. I wish I could have helped her.

February 20, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mildly Amused

The saddest part is trying to find another singer to entertain everyone.

February 20, 2013 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  20. All dogs go to hell

So two dogs and a man died.......

February 20, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

CRUEL!! I have lost a loved one to suicide. You have no idea what this is all about!!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Donna

this is a beautiful song. rip mindy.

February 19, 2013 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursoolucky

I want to do things with you....things that will make us both very happy. hint hint...

February 19, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CSI Wannabe

I wonder if any bloody teeth on her front porch will be collector items....

February 19, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

you're demented. Why?

February 19, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Learn to spell

YOU'RE so lucky.......there you go again.....dishing out advice and comments....all over cyberspace and you can't even spell your own name.....sigh...

February 20, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

ok English teacher, I did that on purpose, really that is what you have to pick on. If you don't like what I have to say, then say it. Don't pick on my spelling. Just get off the line.

February 20, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Learn to spell

Did it on purpose.....sure.......

February 20, 2013 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

Ya, on purpose, did you read anything else. Go to another subject, maybe math.

February 20, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Learn to spell

Zing! Math!? HA HA YOU'RE smart, and funny....but fat chicks aren't my thing.

February 20, 2013 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

If this is empresstrudy, where are you at??? And if I am FAT, I am glad, because with your belief, I could be a 2 or a 16 and it would matter to me, you're not worth worring over. However, if you are the teacher, I asked for math and you gave me a size check. That is not this subject. That means you are getting of the tract and you have no other replies that I want to respond to. Beat me up. you don't matter in this conversation.

February 20, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

Hey teacher, did you get my spelling errors?? Just seeing

February 20, 2013 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Tummy Liquor

I want to lick "Yoursolucky"'s stretch marks.......mmmmmmmmm

February 20, 2013 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoursolucky

Was it Tummy Liquor, Go Away, you just don't get it, you are not worth my time. You better deal with you life

February 20, 2013 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

What an awful thing to say!!! You have no clue!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Monty Python

Killing a dog, is cruel. Killing yourself is sad. Rot in he11.

February 19, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Brenda

You guys dont believe this do you? she didnt kill herself...her boyfriend was offed....her dog was offed so someone could get too her....bang bang bang...3 shots big magazine not an issue....

February 19, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  25. RLK

My mother committed suicide when I was in high school. Reading the comments here really isn't good for me- it brings back a lot of feelings I would rather not have. At any rate, I hurt for her children.

February 19, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo Hoo

I heard deep throating guns is good for your health...

February 19, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • mik

Although my mother was never successful in her quest, their were numerous tries and it affected me deeply. The pain of someone suffering so much that they'd want to try or, and succeed is a horrible feeling. My thoughts go out to any and everyone that has been left with the pain of someone ending their life.

February 19, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • emmy

mine did too. it's an awful experience. yeah, these comments are amazing. sorry you had to ready them too.

February 20, 2013 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Very Sad

these comments are so sad–truthfully

February 20, 2013 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Hi RLK – I did not loose my mother, but I lost my aunt to suicide who I was very close to to suicide. It still is painful. I know that my mother still feels the lose of her sister.

February 20, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Louche

Rip mindy mccreedy unknowing to this life u now are may god forgive may ur sons grow with loving grace and formidable strengh

February 19, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Louche La Bouche

At least spell her name right so gawd knows who to forgive

February 19, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Dizzyd

@sallie-my heart and prayers r with u, Mike (both)-God bless you. Trolls-is it any wonder ppl in this lady's position feel like noone cares? How dare you make fun of her! NO ONE deserves that! I don't care who they are or what they look like! You keep acting like that, don't be surprised when you end up alone with noone to help you when you need it. I hope you heed Mike's prayer and get rid of all that bitterness before it's too late. Believe it or not, you're worthwhile too. We ALL are – in God's eyes. That's why Jesus came to save us!

February 19, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. GSS921

As someone who at the age of 13 (33 years ago) considered suicide because of school bullying, I can understand her desperation and I hope her mom does not get custody. Her music will be remembered.

February 19, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hank Williams

There's a tear in my beer and I'm cyrin for you dear........arrrrooooooooo.

February 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

You are cared about. Just call out for help and keep trying to get in a positive space.

February 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. adam

she isnt in a better place, she is at best nowhere, but most likely in hell... i hav no sympathy or respect for suicides, suck it up, life is hard... and no i wont hold back the truth just in case her kids read this 10 years from now, should we lie to them and say their mom was wisked away by country music fairies and now lives in the land of happiness and smiles? she wasted her life and ruined her childrens lives... save ur tears people

February 19, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • yeeeahaw pa

That's what country music will do for you. Music for self pity. Boo hoo, my boyfriends gone, the baby's gone, the drugs are gone, the dog's gone, and now I'm gone. "There's a tear in my beer and I'm crying for you dear"

February 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

I'm glad you are so easy to judge, or maybe you lost a loved one to this and you can't understand it. Until you walk a day in their shoes zip it. Drugs, alcohol, whatever. It is highly exploited if you are in any in the public eye. I hope you will never feel, what people like that feel when they decide. You are so sad for your comments.

February 19, 2013 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Adam – what you are saying is idiotic. You have no clue. I lost someone in my family who I loved to suicide. It is horrible, but it is more horrible for the person who does the act because the pain is unbearable. You have the heart of a moron.

February 20, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jerry Hoefen

Reality check hardest thing person can do is to forgive them selves for mistakes they made to them self an ones they love. Basicly because we never forget so we can never forgive . Why so important to have compassion for other people an reach out life we save could be our own

February 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Advice

get a pre-nup for your will

February 19, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mike

It truly shows how low our country has come when people here attack a woman they have never known for doing something based in a mental illness (e.g. a serious sickness). This is a sad ending to a sad story. Some day Mindy McCready's kids will be old enough to search the Internet for information on their mother. They may even come by the responses here for this article. Have we no heart or compassion for our fellow brothers and sisters anymore?

Dear Lord,

I ask that you have mercy on those who choose to use hateful speech towards the memory of Mindy McCready and any other living or passed person. I pray a seed of compassion would be planted in the lives of those who choose damaging words under pseudonyms rather than compassionate words using their true names. Words do hurt others, dear Lord, and I pray that I will always watch my words and thoughts and speak in a way that would represent your will, not mine. In Jesus name, Amen.

February 19, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Get Real

Lord, thank you for giving her daddy the sense to get the baby away from this demented woman so it did not die like her boyfriend, the dog, and her.

February 19, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

I thank you for praying for those individuals like those ones that posted earlier, however, I'm am tired of hearing it. Usually people are so often to judge. I am a simple person, I work everyday, I truly understand my faults, one thing, through the years and a few people I know that choose this way out, never seem to think that there is another way. I blame that on society. I think these people are mean and have no understanding of hardship, so I can't pray with you, but I appreciate that someone can pray for them.

February 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |

HOW KIND!!!!!

February 20, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  33. uh huh

ok

February 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Justin

Having been to the brink of suicide myself I feel that no 1 who hasn't been to at least the brink of this act is unable to really have an understanding of the thoughts that you experiance in such a state.

February 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • ranlo

Justin your right! Wish you were right about something else. Hope you realize that DEATH is FINAL and most of us who think about this way out, generally, ONLY want to be dead past whatever is killing us inside.Remember that DEATH is FINAL, no coming back to fix the HORRIBLE PAIN we would cause another for taking our life!

February 19, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Justin – I understand. I lost someone I loved to suicide. I will hope that you can keep going and ask for help. All the best to you.

February 20, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  35. u huh

ok.

February 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sallie

as a suicide survivor i feel we should be paying more attention to what the doctors are doing for the patience who admit they have these feelings. my husband, 28 years old with the most wonderful life went to see a doctor for help. he told his doc he had this planned. the doc gave him meds sent him home. two weeks later i came home to find him shotgun wound to the head. i will never be the same.

February 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • get real

News alert. You did not commit suicide.

February 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sallie Wallie

Did he die from the gaping head wound?

February 19, 2013 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

I agree about the doctors, only that they are not standing by their oath. They are dictacted to by the insurance companies. Mental illness, or socoligical treatment is very limited for patients with these companies including blue cross/shield. I only recently heard in the government, sense gun violence that they are re-evaluating these fields. I know that here in our community, that a patient can only be kept for 3 days without a referral to an extended program, and those programs are out of pocket and booked. There are not enough hospitals or vacancies to accomodate these individuals. It was put on the back burner and most recently we are seeing these issues due to mental illness. You don't do drugs or alcohol unless there is something you want to get rid of .

February 20, 2013 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Sallie

Hi Sallie – I feel for you. I lost my wonderful aunt to suicide 20 years ago. I wish she had known how wonderful she was. I think of her everyday. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

February 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  37. rip

She was stick thin at the end...in this shot she was healthy

February 19, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. arago

Unless you've been down in The Pit and experienced firsthand what it feels like to lose ALL hope, you cannot imagine it. Physical pain, no matter how intense, is nothing by comparison.

RIP Mindy.

February 19, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. empresstrudy

She looks like the fat woman in the original Total Recall.

February 19, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Yes

She's in a better place!

February 19, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • jessica

Didn't know coffins were considered so favorably.

February 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'm sorry about this...she was a talent

rip my friend

February 19, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mac

If this place you speak of is so much better, then why are people fighting like h*ll to live one day. Getting treatment for illness, seeing the doctor, eating veggies ect....

February 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • well...

she's not suffering anymore and she is not hurting herself anymore...she's in a better place now.

February 19, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • get real

How do you know she is not in dog hell?

February 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Yeah, because lying 6ft under, in the dirt in a coffin full of maggots is paradise. You totally made your point. lol

February 27, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Young Thomas

Do as I say,not as I do. Mindy McGreedy Feb 17,2013.

February 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • maestra730

Based on what??? She was all but broke when she died. Do you enjoy making yourself look like a total ldiot?

February 19, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Clown

Suicide: A permanent solution for a temporary problem.

February 19, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • arago

Many problems are not temporary.

February 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yourso lucky

How do you know. When a person does such a thing, it must never feel like it is temporary. But something that will never change.

February 20, 2013 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

It is not temporary to that person. They are in pain. Have you lost someone or known someone in that kind of emotional hell. I have. I lost my aunt to suicide. She was in hell. I love and miss her to this day. So do not judge until you have walked in that person's shoes.

February 20, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ama

was there really a dog killed in this?thats horrible! if your gonna kill yourself, kill yourself dont take beings with you

February 19, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

We do not understand why she killed her dog, but she did and that is sad. The whole thing is horribly sad. RIP MiNDY and your beautiful dog.

February 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  44. H

Why kill the dog??

February 19, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Same reason my uncle did...he knew if he was dead and anyone tried to get at his body, the dog would tear them up. Mental illness is so misunderstood it's incredible.

February 19, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ll

My grandfather had his dog put down when he was nearing the end of his life. He thought that the dog couldn't cope with his being gone. Sometimes when people reach the end of life, for whatever reason, they just aren't thinking clearly.

February 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • uh huh

when people reach the end of their life they die.

February 19, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  45. steve

at what point do we stop and think of some thing other then our own standards for our lives and start helping others with these kinds of problems. most suicides r preventable if people pay attention to the signs. but we all care more about our own petty little problems to even call or go see someone who is having issues such as these. you should all be ashamed of your selves.

February 19, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • H

alot of the time, suicidal people don't want to burden others, so they tend to internalize everything. Then at some point it all gets to be too much, and reaching out just feels pathetic.. they think no one cares. How do you reach out to someone who you think otherwise has it all together?

February 19, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I agree with you – I lost an aunt to suicide. I knew she was in a bad way. I tried in so many ways as the rest of my family did, but unfortunately nothing helped. However, till this day we wish there was more we could have done, but in the end she made her choice.

February 20, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  46. henry

As a future suicide myself, I don't think some swarmy country-crap music video will dissuade anyone who really wants to kill themself. Some people just feel like they've lived all they want and that's that. Nobody else's business.

February 19, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • mg

Hang tough bud, I've been there and just keeping working to get to a better place

February 19, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike from the Midwest

I hate to hear you describe yourself as "a future suicide." I pray that you are kidding even though this is not a subject that anyone should be kidding about. If the former is true, I would ask you to realize that there ARE people who do care about you and they want to help you. Yet, they cannot help if they don't know there is a problem. Please let your family, friends, or local church know of your depression. You ARE important! I do not know you and even I care that you get the help you deserve in order to move past this bad spot in your life to a place where you embrace the gift of your life. May God Bless you, Henry. Stay strong!

February 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeeth

Henry – I feel for you. I know how hard it can be. Reach for help please as much as possible. People love you and want to help you. Try not to feel alone – you may feel alone – but you are not. I lost an aunt to suicide. My family, her friends, and I miss her very much. Please Please reach for help.

February 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Don

So sad for the kids they have to suffer the most.......god bless them.........

February 19, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. oppressed_gun_owner

BAN SUICIDES! Only police and military should... Wait, that is a different article.
    How did this woman still have her gun? She was admitted to rehab; ON NATIONAL TV; and nobody thought to take her guns away? I know the mental health system is broken but that is ridiculous. I am sure the MSM will twist it and have her using an "assault pistol" with a "high capacity clip" before the end of the week.

February 19, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

When we find out how MM still had her gun we will have made some progress in ending mass killings by people who are mentally unstable. There's probably no legal way to confiscate your gun even if you've been in rehab since once you're out of rehab you're a private citizen.

February 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. tolerance120

Love dem trools, but seriously guys if you have time to insult the dead chick surely you can go outside and get some fresh air. Oh wait mommy doesn't let you out of the basement nevermind. Troll away

February 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Alina77

People like her makes me so mad, I lost two of my childhood friends to leukemia , they were in their 20th. Boy they were fighting for the lust breath... This woman had disrespect to life its self , there is no justification to her action except maybe pettiness..

February 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

You are so ridiculous.

February 19, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Depression is called mental ILLNESS for a reason. You obviously have no idea what a person with that illness goes through. I'm sorry about your friends, but man. What you said was heartless.

February 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • kelly

Who are you to tell people what they can or can't do with their lives. Just because there are people with incurable diseases everyone else is supposed to live up to some kind of code? If you think mental illness has no consequences or victims but the scourge of cancer is going to should make everyone live their lives up to your standards is naive at best.

February 19, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • arago

The essential element of life is HOPE. When a person feels hope, he/she can face anything, even serious illness. It is the loss of all hope that drives people to end their own lives. Without hope, there is nothing left but agony, anguish and misery. And when a person reaches a point where they truly feel they will never again have hope, there is nothing to keep them here except the pull of loved ones, and sometimes even that is not enough.

February 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |

She also had no respect for the dog, or her boyfriend, or her parents, or her orphaned children. I suspect she was upset because she had no more money for drugs.

February 19, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

What an awful thing to say. I lost 2 dear friends to cancer at young ages. I also lost an aunt to suicide who I love very uch. You have no clue how bad mental illness can be. It is as bad as cancer. Drugs were to hide her pain. Yes, it is so sad about her children. But should not judge Mindy or anyone else in this kind of pain until you have walked in their shoes or the shoes of someone who has a terminal disease like cancer. They are both awful and potentially terminal.

February 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  51. GW

Who is she??? Never heard of her.

February 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ehomer

Raygun – Speaking of "selfish", you have no idea what it is to try to live with a dual diagnosis of bipolar disorder & addiction. The prognosis is not good.

February 19, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoursolucky

No, I don't live with a dual disorder, however, I know someone that does, and you know what, they kick her out of the hospital because of insurance. what do you do with that??? Some of it is the Doctors, because they won't get paid, the Hospitals, because they won't get paid and the medicans, because someone can't afford them. I am mad, because of these things. Mental illness is the least medical condition that is covered and between suicided and gun murders it is one of the biggest issue. She doesn't need to be talked about and people just needs to let her family grieve in peace.

February 20, 2013 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  53. Raygun

Selfish. Oh and way to promote your selfishness.

February 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Selfish – You do not know what this person is going through. They do not want to feel the pain anymore. DO NOT JUDGE.

February 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Melinda

She was a beautiful young woman with a very beautiful voice. So sad that she thought ending her life was the only way out for her. And so sad her youngest is left with no parent to love them, and her other child is now motherless.

February 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. losl81

what gives you the right to call some worthless and says they deserve to die, i guess your life is SO picture perfect and that you have not made any type of mistakes in your life at all. No type of remorse or respect for someone that just took their life, she obsviously was suffering from mental illness/substance abuse.

February 19, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  56. losol81

how selfish of you to say she that she DESERVED to die, she had a family just like you tracie and she had kids, no kids should grow up without a mother, ur a sad excuse of a human for saying something like that. Everyone always try to be a tough guy/gal behind a computer, LMAO get a life!

February 19, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  57. 11:11

OH GOD! Not the dog! Who cares about her poor kids or the fact that her selfish act will follow them the rest of their days. She killed the d@mned dog!

February 19, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. bk

Wow..you're more concerned about a dog than the soul of a human being???? How sad.

February 19, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Aamir

It's sad when one human values the life of an animal higher than that of another human being. You are one sick person. Shame on you!

February 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Elizabeth

WHAT? INSENSITIVE!! CRUEL!!!

February 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Elizabeth

WHAT A CRUEL AND INSENSITIVE PERSON YOU ARE? I cannot believe what I just read.

February 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |