McCartney, Mumford and Tom Petty to play Bonnaroo 2013
February 19th, 2013

McCartney, Mumford and Tom Petty to play Bonnaroo 2013

It doesn't take more than a quick glance at Bonnaroo's 2013 lineup to know this year's fest is going to rock.

With Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers leading the charge, the four-day music and arts festival in Manchester, Tennessee, has a little something for everyone.

The list, which was announced on Tuesday, includes Björk, Wilco, Pretty Lights, R. Kelly and the Wu-Tang Clan. Daniel Tosh, who helped reveal the artists participating at this year's event, is among the comedians performing.

Kendrick Lamar, The xx, Passion Pit, The Lumineers, Grizzly Bear, Nas, ZZ Top, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Cat Power, A$AP Rocky and Billy Idol will also be in attendance, along with a long list of other acts.

Check out Bonnaroo.com for the full lineup, and keep an eye out for additional artists to come. The festival runs from June 13 to June 16, with tickets going on sale Saturday, February 23 at 12 p.m. ET.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. BACKED HIM UP

checked out, made fun and hacked into....gee wonder if paul would have tolerated this last 6 months.

February 25, 2013 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. date just wrang bell...

gotz to run!!!!

February 24, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MaryAnne Review

Paul McCartney will hurt Ringo Starr again. It is just a matter of time before he does it too Ringo again.

February 24, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. partying all night tonight!!! i am so do for this!!!! ha!!!!

go paul (picabove)

February 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Paul is on tv

24/7–can you imagine how this wonderful performer deals with this?....he's a true rocking beatle

February 24, 2013 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. M.A.P. (Mothers against poo)

Feces are smelly.

February 22, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Just offered...

too soon...not taking it...need some fun!!!! i didn't even leave the other gig yet...i'm happy but geeze...
    need a rest!!!

February 21, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Paul

is one of the greatest men in rock history. thank god he married that nice lady from the hamptons.

February 21, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Still on the phone...

send me the report let me read it......

February 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Its not real

its a tool

February 21, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TooRelaxed

Not a big fan of multiple day festivals but this one may be an exception!!. Wow what a line up, ZZ Top and Tom Petty would be enough for me but to add Paul, Wilco and more puts the icing on the cake.

February 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AddectTules

you need too be treated better...your always working...what's wrong with that band for god sakes.

February 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Code IM

i'm straight and sane too

February 21, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. hi

many see the beatles reunion...some don't...doesn't matter.

February 21, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Anderson Cooper

Im straight, I swear...

February 21, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  16. massconn72

The days of Paul McCartney are over. Didn't anybody listen to him at the Olympics? His voice is done. Just keep writing, and let somebody else sing. He isn't the only one. Anybody heard Steven Stills of late. Horrible.

February 21, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • JFM

I saw him in St. Louis in December. I was worried about his voice since that Olympics appearance. I was worried for nothing. Paul was just fantastic. He's not done yet.

February 21, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

Every single pro singer who tours has had days where their voices sounded like they were ruined. It happens. You get a cold, just like anyone else, but instead of resting your throat you have to go out and sing 20 songs a night. It shreds the voice. Paul's done plenty of singing since and he still sounds like Paul McCartney, so maybe you should realize you're not a doctor or any kind of expert and you know absolutely nothing about Paul McCartney.

February 21, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • massconn72

I'm not deaf and I know a used up voice when I hear one. I don't need to be a doctor to know when some bodies voice is done anymore than you know what YOU are talking about.

February 21, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Don't Care

Paul McCartney is a great guy and we hope for the best for a beatles cd.

February 21, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Wrong.

everyone told him he still has it, he looks great for his age...recharge time and then bang all over again.

February 21, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul isn't going anywhere..

he's just recharging his battery for upcoming tour.....

February 21, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tug Romney

I can't wait to see that hot new Mexican rapper, Chingy Tu Madre.

February 21, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  18. Flooby

Wow. How boring. So Chumbawumba and Fine Young Cannibals were busy this year? Boooorring!!!

February 21, 2013 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Kris

Not much of a fan of Paul's more recent music, but can't argue with Band on the Run, Jet, Uncle Albert, Yesterday, Let It Be, Hey Jude. Shall I go on?!

February 21, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  20. Doesn't Matter

wanna hear him-school time!

February 20, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Papa Lazarou

Lennen = talent

McCartney = pop star

February 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • reamund11

Lennen = Spelling of Lennon made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

February 20, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reply to Papa Lazorou

Lennon is spelled L-e-n-n-o-n, not L-e-n-n-e-n dude.
      Read a book. - and get some respect, becasue Sir Paul rocks!

February 20, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. crankies over...rest time for awhile.

get over the hump...cars, music, stuff– k?

February 20, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Cranky Chuzzlewhit

Bah humbug. Mostly mainstream crap. It's just another festival, now. If it was 1979 I'd want to see Petty and Macca.
    I'd rather go back in time to Bonnarroo 2003: Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Yonder Mountain String Band, Lucinda Williams, Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, Keller Williams, The Funky Meters, My Morning Jacket. Ben Kweller, Tortoise, and Sonic Youth. Animal Collective, John McLaughlin, Beach House, and one or two others are the only bands I'll miss not seeing.

February 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. cradzi

i saw Paul McCartney twice . the man is a legend, a muli talented multi instrument capable muscian . l cannot compare which concert was better but l know it is better than any current so called music or pretend artists of today...the ones who rip off the great iconic artistist from the Beatles ,Zepplin, the Stones and all others from the era of the greatest time of music. These " old men " are Rock and Roll born from Jazz and the Blues.

February 20, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. I Believe I Can Fly

Hey y'all I'm gonna be bustin' out some new grooves during my set, so prepare yo'selfs. Here's a sample...imagine a butt-shakin' bass lick:

Everybody doin' it, doin' it, doin' it
    Pickin' they nose and chewin' it, chewin' it, chewin' it...

R. Kelly

February 20, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  26. johnlisterine

I dedicated these lyrics form Hair to American Taxpayer and Bacon Supporter:
    "She asks me why, why I'm just a hairy guy.
    I'm hairy noon and nighty night night, my hair is a fright.
    I'm hairy high and low, but don't ask me why, cause he don't know.
    It's not for lack of bread, like the Grateful Death.
    Darlin'

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair.
    Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.
    Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer hair
    Here baby, there, momma, ev'rywhere, daddy, daddy.

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Hair, hair, hair. Flow it, show it, long as I can grow it, my hair.

I'd let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, give a home to the fleas in my hair.
    A home for the fleas, a hive for the buzzin' bees,
    A nest for birds, there ain't no words for the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my:

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Hair, hair, hair
    Flow it, show it, long as I can grow it, my hair

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty,
    Oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, streaming, gleaming, flaxen, waxen,
    Knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided,
    Powdered, flowered and confettied, bangled, tangled, spangled and spahettied.

Oh say can you see, rise if you can,
    And my hair's too short

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Hair, hair, hair.Flow it, show it,
    Long as God can grow it, my hair

They'll be ga-ga at the go-go when they see me in my toga,
    My toga meade of blond, brilliantined, biblical hair.
    My hair like Jesus wore it, Halleluja I adore it, Halleluja Mary loved her son,why don't my mother love me?

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Hair, hair, hair
    Folw it, show it
    Long as God can grow it, my hair

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Hair, hair, hair
    Folw it, show it
    Long as God can grow it, my hair"
    song by MAC DERMOT, GALT/RADO, JAMES/RAGNI, GEROME

February 20, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Hair is a happy song. Thanks for posting it. : )

February 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • WorshipWarrior

Nice little flashback... But I thought the lyric was,
      "Oh say can you see my eyes if you can, then my hair's too short"

February 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • FINGERS

hey paul!!!id love to run my fingers through your HAIR!!!...keep on rockin..cheers

February 23, 2013 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. Leftback hippie

Paul and me are going to party on stage like the rolling stones digg then were gonna take as many hot hippie chicks back to the tour bus for some down home hippie love! hope u have a grand time like me peace!

February 20, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  28. pauline

9 of us–romance in the afternoon for awhile!!!

February 20, 2013 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  29. Alvarez

ZZ Top. I've always wanted to see them – and then poop on their heads.

February 20, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I want to poop in their beards myself.

February 20, 2013 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jemma

LOL :)

February 20, 2013 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • I Believe I Can Fly

I want to pee on them.

R. Kelly

February 20, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • What?

ZZ Top kicks @$$. You, on the other hand, are a loser.

February 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Believe I Can Fly

Then I want to pee on all the little girls in the audience, 'specially thems that's under 18.

"If I can see it, then I can do it
      If I just believe it, there's nothing to it"

R. Kelly

February 20, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

I saw them once, a long time ago...good concert. Someone stole their car that pm. Still wonder how they got away w/that...?

February 21, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

I've seen ZZ Top and Tom Petty. Both were really good shows. I mainly listen to classic rock, so I haven't even heard of half these bands that will be playing. Time to broaden my horizons?

February 21, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  30. Good Evening

i have the man phone, the friend phone and that other phone

February 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Alecia

I'm telling. I'm telling mom you have her phone again. Embicile.

February 19, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Shut up Alecia you fat pig. I got this phone for Christmas. It isn't mom's. Santa brought it to me.

February 19, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. ann

What about the poor starving zombies? i know you have seen them on TV. Who is going to feed them? I think maybe the government should round up grown ups that don't work and maybe use them for zombie food. And also school teachers. Yeah. Ones that give book reports and homework. I bet zombies would like them.

February 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  33. what does dang mean?

thank you.

February 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ann

I don't know, but I bet it is something way cool. like a snow day or teacher work day.

February 19, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Nobody

likes hippies. they need to take a bath.

February 19, 2013 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. I sure

Hope the government will check out this hippie festival and put at least half if them in jail. Nobody likes dirty lice infested flea ridden hippies that probably have dandruff. Dang hippies.

February 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. paul

is my favorite beatle and still cute i may add.

February 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. American Taxpayer

I agree. I'm tired of my tax money supporting people of color and hippies and liberals too lazy to work. I say the government should round them all up and ship 'em overseas to Somalia where ther are millions of starving cannibsls. They could boil these progressives up and make themselves a stew.

February 19, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uh huh

Typical commentary from your typical right-wing American fascist. I'll bet you cheered at the end of Easy Rider. Is it difficult to type on your computer one handed, jacking off to the flag while wearing a white sheet and pointy hood?

February 20, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • RedNeckWhiteTrashBlueCollarBubba

'Murica! Lol

February 20, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Bacon Supporter

Just a bunch off dirty smell lice infested flea ridden hippies playing gay music. It's gonna be a gay poooop eating festival.

February 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Hello

she's not dry

February 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Lexington Steele

Dis old white honkie need to sit his ass down. Don't nobody listen to dat dried out sh1t, jayz 2pac jeezy dats what's up

February 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • roo goer

Public Enemy & Beastie Boys played in 2010, Eminem & Lil Wayne in 2011, Nas + Wu-tang this year. Bonnaroo is very diverse and has many different genre's, every year.

February 19, 2013 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • roo goer

I meant 2009 for PE and BB, Jay Z played in 2010.

February 19, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo

Dis dat duh...where the hell did you get your education? Assuming you got one at all....what a moron!

February 20, 2013 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jc

Well, when you get 2pac to headline, then maybe Paul can have a seat. Till then, he's produced more success and hits than all the artists you listed combined. Just because he doesn't speak in jiberish doesn't mean you have to hate on him.

February 20, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • heywood

But what do anybody you mentioned have anything to do with music? they are talkers backed by stolen, sorry, sampled music previously recorded. Im embarrassed for them that they would be on a bill with people that actually play instruments and sing. It makes them look like wannabes or frauds.

February 20, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • heywood

Jc
      "Well, when you get 2pac to headline, then maybe Paul can have a seat."

Not in this or any life time. Beatle Paul has had bowel movements with more musical talent then 2pac ever dreamed of.

February 20, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Htos1

What a show this will be.Better go cuz their won't be as many Monterey style festivals for much longer.

February 19, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |