'Survivor's' Ethan Zohn, Jenna Morasca break up
February 18th, 2013

'Survivor's' Ethan Zohn, Jenna Morasca break up

After 10 years together, reality stars Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca have decided to part ways.

The "Survivor" and "Amazing Race" competitors, who told CNN in 2011 that they'd gone through "pretty much everything" together, said in a statement on Monday that making the choice to separate was a difficult one.

"It is with a much consideration and a heavy heart that we are announcing that after 10 years of a loving relationship, the decision was made to move on without each other," the couple said in a joint statement.

"We will carry with us the memories of a relationship grounded in love, laughter, support and friendship. We have experienced some of life's greatest joys and toughest challenges together, and our decision to be apart can never diminish that."

Zohn and Morasca met during the finale of 2003's "Survivor: Amazon," which 32-year-old Morasca won. Zohn, 39, earned a champion title himself with "Survivor: Africa." The reality star was also involved in a battle off-screen against Hodgkins lymphoma, a fight that Morasca helped him through.

"There’s really nothing that we haven’t gone through and worked through," Zohn told CNN ahead of their debut on "The Amazing Race" in September 2011. "We’re extremely comfortable with each other. And we are competitive and we know if we get in an argument that we will work through it and there will be smiles on the other side.”

As of now, in light of their breakup, the pair are hoping their fans will understand their desire for privacy.

"We want to thank everyone for their support and we ask that our privacy be respected as we move forward."

1. tool addiction

took 1 hr and 1/2....went well.

February 21, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gaga

your way too exposed–i would step down a bit from the puter crown for awhile.

February 20, 2013 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. sara

I have been with her at a dance studio many times and she is the nastiest, most self centered, self absorbed person I have ever been around. Most of us cringe when she enters the room. How Ethan put up with it for 10 years makes him a true survivor!

February 19, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dan Baer

I'm waiting for the comet – http://www.2013comet.com

February 19, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. di's

or we can will the folder "the ho sisters"....fast work..do nothing just keep on record....enjoy the day all!!!!!!!!!!

February 19, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. No Kool

hackers

February 19, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • hahahahaha

that is so funny....

February 19, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • hahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahackers...

February 19, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ha.

she does care because she is always there.....ha

February 19, 2013 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. Meh

"Survivor"....pretty ironic

February 19, 2013 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. HobartSchmenge

Ten years together, two reality TV shows and I still don't have a clue who they are or really even care.

February 19, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • John

And yet you do,... Hobart? How proud your foster parents must be.

February 19, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Oh, and Hobart? I've got really strong feelings for you in that "man-on-man" sort of way. Does you gate swing both ways?

February 19, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • feelings are feelings i think its awsome...

and exciting...

February 19, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • HobartSchmenge

John,
      1.) No, I really don't care; 2.) I wouldn't know as I didn't have foster parents, but how does that even factor into this matter?; 3.) No, it doesn't, or at least not your way.

February 19, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • The Ho Sisters.

di's file under desperate housewives....

February 19, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • di's

desperate housewives aka The Ho Sisters...pop-tarts are yummy... or we could just take a whack at each other...enjoy the day!

February 20, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tank Manhammer

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible, terrible news. I was just about to take a nap but now I'll be up for the next several hours obsessing over this. How can CNN expect me to go on after delivering such a crushing blow?!?

February 19, 2013 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Like CNN, most of us probably wish that you wouldn't go on.

February 19, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Unless, Tank MANHAMMER, a hunka-hunka burnin' love such as yourself would be interested in a FABULOUS little troll-fella such as myself, I would take back my wish. ;)

February 19, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • John's male lover

Listen honey, you should have told me you wanted to be hammered by a tank. I would have gladly obliged. As it stands now, the locks are changed and your Prada luggage is on the curb. Don't bother calling sweetie.

February 19, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • He football and baseballl

he doesn't care about prada......file di's thanks!

February 19, 2013 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • John's male lover

Oh let me guess - you're another one of John's boy-toy "ports" in the storm, aren't you? I should have guessed. You two have fun together. He's nothing but a fey tomcat so good luck with that. You deserve each other.

February 19, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • John's male lover

John, you and your new little playmate had best hurry and get a cab. There's a smelly hobo rifling through your things, and he seems to be eyeballing that pink Armani sweater and yellow Dolce and Gabbana scarf I bought you for mother's day. I'm keeping your wigs and man-corset, BTW.

February 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cap'n Butthurt

Ladies, ladies. Please take your petty squabble elsewhere. Let the grownups have a conversation.

February 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • BenDover-I'll-Drive

PLEASE don't STOP! I'm LOVING this!!! :0

February 19, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bruce

I like Parvatti Shallow better. She talks in that cute British accent sometimes.

February 19, 2013 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. TimD

It's cute how they think anyone cares.

February 19, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. moelarrycurly

don't try to sugar coat your break up.
    someone isn't happy, my guess jenna, and wants out in a bad way.

February 19, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Techno Viking

So she's available? Sweet!

February 18, 2013 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Really now...

Correction: YOU'RE (i.e., You Are) BLOCKED...STUPID (not STOOPID, stupid)...again YOU'RE (i.e., You Are) just a pig...

You're borderline illiterate and you buy stocks and options? I've got a bridge for sale right now, if you're interested...

February 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Whispering Eye

What hacker, what camera, what the heck do you keep ranting about?

February 19, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Not the hacker

Maybe this will help with your predicament: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/paranoid-schizophrenia/DS00862/DSECTION=symptoms

February 19, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. she should stay out of the lime light

thank you.

February 20, 2013 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  19. Jenna Morasca

Thanks, maybe I will, a s s hole. Now go FK yourself.

JM