Alec and Hilaria Baldwin on their 'special surprise'
February 13th, 2013

Alec and Hilaria Baldwin on their 'special surprise'

It's been rumored for a few weeks now that Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria are expecting a baby, but the couple just confirmed the news.

"Congrats to [Alec] and [Hilaria] - may this great gift arrive healthy at the right time," Baldwin's rep told CNN in a statement on Tuesday.

Hilaria, who's a lifestyle correspondent for "Extra," told her colleague AJ Calloway that their impending arrival was a "surprise, a wonderful surprise."

Added Alec, "It's honestly the most amazing moment. We are really sharing something special."

The actor, who's also dad to daughter Ireland from his prior marriage to Kim Basinger, married Hilaria, a yoga instructor, in July 2012. The Baldwins are expecting their first baby together this summer.

Filed under: Alec Baldwin • Celebrities

1. Shana

Man old enough to be a grandfather having a baby with a woman young enough to be his daughter. Sick

June 4, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. valentine's day is for all!!!

my dad and mom gave me ralph lauren perfume, a northface vest and pink flowers...dad and mom always included me in their own v-day!!!!! my parents feel v-day is for everyone!!!!

February 14, 2013 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. look if there is gonna be smooch here and there

i draw the line on the rollers viewing...

February 13, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I want to drop buckets full of dung on both their heads.

February 13, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. GOTCHA

i love phones.

February 13, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Honestly

You go girl.....did not take you long to secure your future....

February 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. go write some new material girls

ha

February 13, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

Given Alec's superb parenting skills, I am sure that this child will be just fine. I have to wonder though, what type oif animal will he be calling him or her whenever he gets angry?

February 13, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Martha

You obviously don't have kids, especially kids in their teen years. Sometimes they just push your buttons way too far. Yeah, he may have yelled at her and called her a name. At least, he wasn't beating her. I must say, I have had a few battles with my kid, because they are always smarter than you. Sometimes you snap. Give him a break. He seems to have a good relationship with her now. You really don't know all the facts about that phone call.

February 14, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |