The villain gets caught on 'The Bachelor'
February 12th, 2013

The villain gets caught on 'The Bachelor'

We began Monday's episode of "The Bachelor" with Sean breaking the rules once again, even though I'm pretty sure there aren't many rules on this show to begin with.

Rather than fly to the island of St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands by himself, Sean chose to travel with the six remaining women. (Not shown: Sean explaining to the ladies where exactly St. Croix is.)

With just six women left, everyone was up for a date. However, three of the women were destined for a group date, one where a single rose would be on the line.

The first date went to AshLee, who joined Sean for a little diving followed by a candlelit dinner at the beach. As I tried to stay awake, AshLee announced that she had a "shocking" secret to tell Sean. Maybe the "L" in her first name isn't capitalized after all? Or maybe she and 2012 "Bachelorette" winner Jef Holm have joined forces to promote irregular spelling?

Not by a longshot. AshLee revealed that she got married while a junior in high school and then got divorced a year later. Sean told her not to worry - there's at least one contestant each season who admits to marrying too young - and the two smooch.

Let's move on to this season's villain, Tierra. Like her or not (and most viewers don't), Tierra makes good "reality" television. She speaks her mind, knows how to cause conflict and can play multiple sides depending on the situation.

Tierra was off to a good start on Monday's episode by insisting on a roll-away bed in the ladies' suite, saying she didn't want to share the same bedroom with her rivals. She also accused 32-year-old AshLee of being a "cougar," meaning that the standards for using that phrase have really fallen over the years.

The good news was that Tierra finally got the one-on-one date she's been waiting for since, well, the beginning of the show. Unfortunately, she whined about the prospect of spending it on the streets of St. Croix with all "the bugs and the sweatiness."  While Tierra had a point - admittedly, the "resort dates" can be quite predictable - mocking it wasn't going to help her cause.

Sean didn't help when, during their date, he constantly pressed Tierra on why she behaves the way she does toward the other girls. Tierra realized that AshLee spoke poorly of her during her time with Sean, so this led to a confrontation at the suite a few days later. Tierra whined about her inability to control her eyebrows, accused the other women of trash-talking her, and generally made a fool of herself.

Just then, Sean walked in! (That always works out on this show, doesn't it?) Turns out Sean wanted Tierra to meet his sister, who just happened to show up on St. Croix to give him sage advice like, "don't end up with the girl that no one likes." What the sister says goes, so Sean sent Tierra packing and placed her in the "minivan of shame."

Tierra's meltdown and departure saved what was essentially a dull show that was more or less devoted to promoting U.S. Virgin Islands tourism.  The three-on-one date consisted of Sean taking Desiree, Lindsay and Catherine on an all-day tour of the island. Based on that date, the only things to do in St. Croix are staring at water, eating, looking at animals and staring at more water. Lindsay won the rose.

As for Lesley the D.C. political consultant, she went on a tour of the Estate Mount Washington Plantation with Sean, but was unable to express her love to him. And for that, she got the boot during the rose ceremony.

Next week, it's the hometown dates, plus a bonus episode where "Sean tells all." Given that he's being interviewed before the "Final Three" episode is shown, I'm guessing his confessions will consist of Tierra, a blooper reel and Chris Harrison reminding viewers that this season is the "most shocking" in "Bachelor" history.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelor" episode?

1. Yay

good night everyone and enjoy the evening

February 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lisa

I was shocked when I saw this headline...I can't believe that show is still on! Bring back Flavor of Love!

February 28, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EvieDoesWonderland

Bobby Zarin: I fed Bethenny Frankel for TWO years!! Read EXCLUSIVE interview: EVIE DOES WONDERLAND

February 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Carol

I just want to know who ditches him 'by letter' delivered at the final rose ceremony! Also surprised at how Des's brother acts in the hometown visit. Can't wait to watch that tid-bit!!!!

February 14, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. Marilyn & Linda

me too ladies

February 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fanday1

I would have given her something to go to the hospital for! I hope they put her on the bachelor pad and let someone tear into her!

February 13, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lis

I want to know why they put the few black people on there that they do? There is not even any interaction with the Bachelor or bachlorett. Is the show trying to make a point. Just like they always have a big mouth on the show and they get more airtime then anyone.

February 13, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. All Real

not staged--

February 12, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tami

It's all staged. Tierra was a plant. No tears. It's the same format. But I'm a sucker, I still watch!

February 12, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. uh huh

he wasn't interested–

February 12, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kate

So glad he sent that witch home. cannot wait until he sees the reruns that he did not see and he will be wishing he had sent her home the first night. Such a littlle witch. She is a spoiled little brat who manipulates people to get what she wants

February 12, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • jackie

no reruns..

February 12, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • michelle

oh course there is no reruns.... but i am sure they will give hi a copy of the show.... and when he does watch it, i am with you 100% he will wish he sent her packing way before he did... she reminded me of the little girl on toddlers and tiaras named Mackenzie... "I want my NiNi!" lol

February 13, 2013 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • good morning.

nah. i don't think so

February 13, 2013 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. jan

once i am ready to lock into a man's eyes...i will never unlock from them again....

February 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jan

once she looks at him she will never go away

February 12, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. lynda

finally Tierra is gone. She is so mean when she called Ashley a couglar and makes fun of her age. but, a few point Tierra said is true though. You can't control your eyelashes. The facial expression and eyelashes come naturally. I hope Desiree or Lindsay would be the one he chooses. Catherine seems so not genuine and tricky. Every time she tells Sean something from her past she never look at him or look him in the eye.

February 12, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pasha

you are going to be Shocked who he picks @ the end of the season.

February 13, 2013 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. Miss I

All I can say is.........."F I N A L L Y she's gone!!!".

February 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MC

It's great that Sean's sister was allowed to fly to the island...to remind him about not picking the girl that no one likes! FINALLY Tierra is gone....I was glad that Ashlee got the last rose. And can't wait to see the hometown dates because it's a fascinating study in sociology to see how the families react to the Bachelor courting their daughters...

February 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. shmcg22

February 12, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Onion

just curious

February 12, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Smarter than you

I bet that 99% of you bortards think that this is all for real and completely unscripted...

February 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. fred

I felt that Tiera was just in it to "win a game". Was not impressed by her whining and crying.... She is attractive, but lost that "attractiveness" when the drama started...

February 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

I think Sean felt the exact same way. To "stop the press" and go get a rose for her after she had just gotten out of the limo, he was completely smitten with her "sparkle". LOL Her whining, crying, accusations, and, selfishness eventually took a toll on Sean to see the real Tiara. I liked Tiara, but, I'm glad she was sent packing because as the "newness" of their relationship wore off, she would've done the same thing to him. Good Job Sean....I'm proud of you!

February 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Dottie

I love the bachelor show. I have an idea for you. Why not have single, widowed, or never married women that are over
    50 on the show looking for a older bachelor. I know a lot of widows that would love to try it. Maybe even me....

February 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joanie

Dottie, thanks for mentioning this. I would try it. I live in Florida, and am tired of looking at old men who are still living in the dark ages. The women here are active, pretty, lots of cougars, rich, and accomplished...Just not enough men our ages to go around, at least ones who don't talk constantly about their grandchildren and are incredibly emotionally stingy. Come to Bradenton-Sarasota!

February 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Marvalene

Am glad that Tierra is gone....she is a very spoiled & conceited brat!!

February 12, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. DIANE KOHL

What a Great night!! Tierra the you know what is finally gone. I hope Ashlee is the one for Shaun or Desiree second best liked.

February 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • skylar

hi i say the same because i founld out desirees brother starts to get in i fight with sean when he gos to meet her famliy so i think she may leave after this now. ..:( :( :( :(

February 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sunshine Spy

Lapsy

February 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Snifu

Lapsy

February 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  26. barb

Tierra ia a spoiled brat & drama queen

February 12, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Cora

This is the best program on TV. I never miss it. Plus it was a great episode. I think Tierra is a winner.

February 12, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |