Five biggest moments as 'The Walking Dead' returns
February 11th, 2013

Five biggest moments as 'The Walking Dead' returns

"The Walking Dead" is finally back and not a moment too soon.

It's been a long couple of months wondering what might become of the Dixon brothers, as they were both captured by the Governor with the townsfolk chanting for their deaths.

So, without further ado, here are the big moments from Sunday night's mid-season premiere.

1. Dixon brother against brother

The Governor decided to give the people what they want: a fight to the death between Daryl and Merle. He told Merle this was his last opportunity to show his loyalty. At first, it seemed Merle would do anything to survive in this situation, including possibly killing his own brother. But it was all part of the plan - he intended to get both of them out of this situation alive.

They got some unexpected help from Rick, Maggie and the others, whose smoke bombs gave the Dixons enough cover to escape.

2. Daryl and Merle set off on their own

However, the reunion was short-lived after Merle spilled a ton of exposition on Rick's group, especially the whereabouts of Andrea, her relationship with the Governor and her connection to Michonne. Finally, Rick heard quite enough from Merle and knocked him out.

Daryl decided to leave with his brother. Somehow I think they'll be just fine on their own, but there's no way we've heard the last of them.

3. Andrea confronts the Governor

After dealing with residents attempting to flee town, and the new phenomenon of "biter" attacks in the middle of Woodbury (one of which ended with the Governor coldly shooting a bitten man in the head), Andrea told him the townsfolk needed his leadership.

He responded that they were on their own, because this is war. He also dropped the bomb on her that Glenn and Maggie had been kidnapped by Merle and "her friends" killed several people in town the night before.

Now I realize that this is a desperate situation, but I think most people in Andrea's shoes would drop the Governor, and pack their bags. We'll see if she finally does that next week, but I have my doubts, judging from the promos.

4. Glenn and Rick have it out

As what remained of the group got ready to return to the prison, Glenn argued with Rick over the fact that the Governor was left alive.

Rick responded that their rescue was the only reason they went to Woodbury.

Glenn again said that the Governor deserved to die after what he did to Maggie.

I have a feeling this division among the group will come to a head in the next few weeks.

5. Rick loses it

It was made pretty clear during the "phone call" episode that the loss of Rick's wife was the final straw for his sanity.

Sure, he doesn't trust Michonne and wants her gone as soon as possible, but he also seemed to have no bond with his child when he saw him for the first time (though I had to smile at her makeshift crib), and he showed nothing less than contempt for Tyrese's group upon meeting them.

Things really got bad, though, when he hallucinated a faceless woman (Lori?) in the shadows looking back down at them, pulled out a gun and started ranting and raving. Tyrese and his people left the room, while the rest looked on in horror.

How will our group of survivors ever be able to take on the Governor, when their leader has gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs? And what did you think of last night's episode overall?

Share your views on video or comment below.

1. Stanley

Shane was ten thousand times the person and survivor than Rick will ever be. Rick seems to lack the mental courage and mental strength to survive an apocalypse. Plus he seems like a sissy pants.

February 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • vito

no girl stan?

February 16, 2013 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stanley

they've got coooties. gross. I haven't had a coootie shot in a few years.

February 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stanley

I caught coooties once when I was in kindergarten. I itched for a week. My ma had to put calamine lotion on my legs. It was terrible. Almost like mosquito bites but worse. Super itchy. No coootie girls for me. Gross.

February 16, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • vito

you sound like a phag Stan

February 16, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thee Toed Charlie

Quit picking on Stan. He is just 12 years old.

February 17, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. Stanley

The new episode is going to be on tomorrow night. I hope it won't be a silly episode. That Rick had always seemed weak and like a sissy. Maybe he won't survive his nervous breakdown and someone else will take charge – hopefully Daryl. Rick has always seemed like a sissy. Weak.

February 16, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. OGRE

What is C-A-T, really spelled Dog?!?!?!

February 14, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. go after alll the zombies you want....

your single! hahaha

February 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Andreasucks

answers are here

February 14, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hey Jon

trap account - still open?

–you have so much against you tootsie beacher...

February 13, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. QueenVelveetaJamimaLaqueetaTelmaColenderDaKeeshaNene

Oh Lordi Lordi, dat Tyrese be so phine I be lets him hab a babi in mi butt! Oh yeahs is lets him beats me like Rihanna with mi own EBT card! Oh Lordi!

February 13, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Paula Deen

I like to cook my zombies with butter, ya'll!

February 13, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • QueenVelveetaJamimaLaqueetaTelmaColenderDaKeeshaNene

Oh LOrdi oh lordi dat soundz good Miss Paula! I be habbin secunds!

February 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. I love this show

interested in what happens next. looks like the season could be pretty good after all.

February 12, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ilovemycop

I was very disappointed. We waited MONTHS for that episode?! I hope they can bring it in the upcoming season because if not, they will lose me and many others.

February 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • biggestwalkerfan

Your an idiot. The Walking Dead is not going to lose fan at this point. It will only get bigger.

February 14, 2013 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. It doesn't affect either groups

they do not leave their groups....its about 2 zombies.

February 12, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rick

I am 72 years old, and what I say is right, even when I am wrong. This is one of my favorite shows. The mental breakdown of Rick is essential for his character to develop and become stronger. I imagine we will see him faint wake up 2 days later with Hersel saying "You've been asleep for two daaaaays now, tha group neeeeds you RICK" in his Hersel voice.

February 12, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 30 min

onion

February 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. All this talk about white Carl

I am 75 year ole and could probably loose some wate but I do love this tv show program. On a Sunday, after getting myself so dern bang angry over that nambypamby Joe Buck trying to talk sports, I just want to grab a shovel and go out for a walk and rattle me a few of these zombies. When they were walking in those zombie woods back and forth to the governors town, I noticed that the walkers were all over but I did not see no squirrel. Do you think the zombee are eating the squiirel? The Dixon brothers are the best part of the show so i hope they form their own small group where survivors can come for safety. They could call it the Dixon Brothers group. They could have bass fishing contests. All would be gud.

February 12, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Suze

All this boggle about how long a zombie should last...... Strictly speaking what has to wear away is flesh. I think we should be seeing zombies w/faces hanging off, flesh really rotting, maybe some exposed bone. They're not going to starve but as soon as their brains become unhinged by nothing to hold it in, then they'll fall over and not until. I would think after 6 months in the open, the originals ones would be on thier way to dust.

I love the show but I do think it's coming apart at the hinges.

February 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Logic

You are assuming that all zombies were created at the same moment. Why? Sure, some are rotting beyond a point where they can no longer be a threat. But what about the people that have only been turned recently? Remember if someone dies they will become a walker (unless the brain is destroyed) so every death just adds one more fresh zombie to the fold.

February 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. we'll give you credt for spunk

the rest? fail click clack

February 12, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Speeding Up We Know Punkin

Lost Again

February 12, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Zombie Torso

All I wanna know...........is Zombie Torso Chic still clawing her way around on the ground? That wuz kewl

February 12, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • ha

That would be totally hilarious if every once in a while you saw the torso crawling by in the background.

February 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Phi A

Sorry to break it to you but Rick shot her before he left for Atlanta.

February 12, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Butch

the writers i am aware of want him back in.....he stays

February 12, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  20. She will be factor

and a key character and stop trying to shove the character out....she's not moving

February 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Snifu

lapsy

February 12, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. fan

Actually, starvation takes far longer than a week. The famous IRA hunger strike lasted over 60 days, science says as long as 80 days with no food (as long as you have water). That's for HUMANS.
    The zombies are already DEAD. There has been no explanation of what animates them. Their hearts aren't beating. Are they even digesting what they eat? Where is the zombie spoor? Will the zombie that ate Lori forever be overstuffed?

February 12, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Han Solo

Chewie and I have been flying around the galaxy for sometime now. We have avoided any Imperial entanglements and we have seen alot of things but you are different..you are what we call...NERD....Now sit back while we get to jump to light speed...

February 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • filo bedo

Yes when he drops that Lori spore!

February 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Yvette

@Henry Hanks...dude......I mean really, dude........Do you even WATCH the show? NO? Not Really? With one eye shut? Please pay attention and TRY to keep up..............

February 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JS

I would be completely content if some walkers got to Michonne...not a fan of her at all.

February 12, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • allen

The writers have suceeded in making her a non factor, uninspiring character. I never would have guessed that.

February 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. God of Nothing

zero

February 12, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  26. size 14 or size 4.....she has the fan base...

and she's smart too -- jodie

February 12, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  27. Joe

This is one of the most unintelligent threads I have ever skimmed. If you seek any intellectural stimulation or wisdom below, please read no further.

February 12, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  28. Janet Scyrkels

I'm 71 years old and love this show....it's entertainment...why are all of you commenters on a rampage, this show is so much better than what is being offered from other networks...enjoy, relax, don't get so hung up, and hope that the writers don't get sick....

February 12, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  29. Bluedestiny

OK, so we're in a year, to a year and a half, as some have cited from direct lines from the show.

How long does it take the body's cells to wither and die from no fuel (water, food)?

A week...!

They started out 3 seasons ago with Mankind all but wiped out and Zombies apparently at their peak of population, overrunning both cities and countrysides.

Yet, the Zombies 18 months later look as "good" today as they did 3 seasons back at their population peak. So how are the Zombie's cells fueling themselves after all this time, what food/fuel source for their tissues' cells...?

They should have long ago passed out of that peak phase, and even passed a phase where Zombies are drying out and turning to dust... died off.

They should after a month have found themselves in a phase where Zombies are died off, and you've got some remnants of humans, who should be looking for a cure, trying to survive, and where the only rare Zombie would be someone who recently died.

The show lost its path starting us in a stage where the population was already peaked, and didn't handle the story arc effectively. It's lost any sense of credibility, suspension of disbelief, when the Zombies continue to be just as numerous, just as strong, as they were in Season 1, and 2, and now 3...

We get more nonsense dialogue and drama, in a perpetuated setting that makes no sense given the premise, instead of moving on to next phases and having a real story and arc.

Booo.

February 12, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Toby

So the fact that they are zombies you're ok with but that they aren't following the characteristics of a "Living" organisim is where you draw the line. Gotcha

February 12, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Yoda

Nerd you are.....

February 12, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • flood's over

dunce

February 12, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • @Bluedestiny

First of all, pinhead, you do know that zombies aren't real, don't you? You do realize, pinhead, that this is a freaking TV show, don't you? And lastly, pinhead, you're a freaking pinhead, pinhead!

February 12, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • lilaskicker

As previously stated before.....the zombies die at a much slower pace then humans...cause theyre frickin zombies dude....THEY ARENT HUMANS..THEY'RE DEAD...ITS JUST A TV SHOW!!...so why you keep comparing zombies to humans ..is beyond me....and why you don't get that simple freakin fact I don't know.......they don't need water...or food to survive....I'm sorry that you can't look past this.....and if you were even following this show at all.....or even interviews with the producers/cast....you'd know that they're actually doing the zombies makeup to show further decay...then the first season..... but of course...YOU wouldn't see the difference.

also...in season two...it stated that zombies were venturing more out of the cities and heading for the country...in herds....hence the take down of the farm.....zombies weren't all over the country side at first. they just started traveling there.

I know you're expecting the zombie population to just be gone by now...but...you do know there are 314 million people in the US......all mankind wasn't wiped out..there are a few survivors....so it's gonna take some time for the zombies to be killed off or die off from starvation (which they never tell you how long that takes). There could be zombies that traveled all the way from freakin Alabama....or Florida...wandering around...cause it's not like they need any to walk long distances.

Seriously man....you just lack imagination.....

Dude seriously...if you don't understand the concept of this show...(which is pretty evident that you don't)..then just shut up.

February 12, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad in Mpls

...umm, let's see, if I recall, everyone is infected. So when any "living" human dies, guess what? Insta-zombie time! So, as long as "living" humans are around...dying...and not geting their skull split like a grapefruit, there will always be "fresh" zombies around, and like other posters have noted, zombies probably do not "die" of natural causes because they are already, um,...dead.

p.s. stop watching the show if you're only going to complain how bad it is...

February 12, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bluedestiny

OH, some of you put the physics aside, which IN THE SHOW, is explained by something going on in the brain as explained in the CDC episodes. Connecting the dots for the few of you who decided to argue the facts with me, it explained that they're not "magic beans" but something going on in the brain that's stimulating their bodies after death – science. That doesn't mean that their magically animated, or that their cells are magically preserved and sustained. LOL.

You few want to take it from a credible (of sorts) story, to pure magic daydreaming time. Well, if that's the bar you set for yourselves... that's the show it looks like you're getting, as to my point, the CDC element fell off the path with the non-withering status of the animated bodies.

Get it?

February 13, 2013 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. NOBODY MOVING

KAPEESH?

February 12, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  31. Rick's Hat

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE ME OFF THIS KID'S NASTY HEAD!! I MEAN COME ON FOR PETE'S SAKE!

February 12, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • QueenVelveetaJamimaLaqueetaTelmaColenderDaKeeshaNene

Oh Lordi Lordi lordi, If mi man Tdogz wubs alinbe he be heps u!

February 13, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jay94

Lori and Carl are my least favorite characters of all. I am BEYOND sick and tired of that freaking kid wandering off time and again. His parents are always the last people to figure out he’s even gone. How many times do Rick and Lori have to find themselves yelling, “Where’s Carl?” in an emergency before they STOP asking somebody ELSE to watch him every 5 minutes? Maybe the kid needs to suffer some horrible trauma like seeing his pregnant mom get eaten, or maybe the writers need to find some better reasons for Rick to keep leaving his family and Lori to keep leaving Carl, and for Carl to realize that wandering around alone in the woods during a zombie apocalypse is a dumb thing to do.

February 12, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • walkingdeadrules

Are you still on Season 1?

February 12, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • @Jay94

Lori died last season dipstick and Carl has been taking care of himself pretty well since the end of season2. Try catching up on your TIVO dude.

February 12, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  33. Epidi

Tho I admire Daryl's loyalty (he's my fav character), I hope he gives Merl what's coming to him. I can't see Daryl putting up with Merl's abuse & BS for too long.

February 12, 2013 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  34. Beth

also, they did have a wrap dinner for Lori/Sarah Wayne Callies. She talked about it in an interview, and how sad she was.

February 12, 2013 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  35. Beth

The Governors daughter was named Penny.

February 12, 2013 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  36. Sheryl Rutherford

I can't believe the level of stupidity in these comments :P

I couldn't care less about what any of you nay-sayers state...I love the show!

February 12, 2013 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Bluedestiny

Suggest you watch Vampire Diaries, too, its just as inane and credible. Drippy dialogue and drama, and no credible story. Here, while Zombies with no food or water somehow are still walking with muscle tissue and body cells 18 months after their peak, and the show is stuck in a story arc and can't move on to the phase where the Zombies should have died off 17 months and 2 weeks prior, and turned to dust (other than rare instances of new Zombies from recent deaths of survivors.)

February 12, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  37. sarah

TWD is not the same as the comic novel at all! that is the beauty of it.If it was there would be no Daryl and Carol would have been dead a long time ago. What the show needs to do is what the novel did, and that is have the town revolt against the Gov and feed him to the walkers

February 11, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Bill B.

I am starting to think Rick has a brain tumor!

February 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. zombies_slayer_2.0

when those 2 guys with the 2 black people where plannin to take over the prison and they said its only a little kid and a girl and we can get those weapons. Carl aka little kid is a little bad ass and will be able to shoot them right between the eyes with out thinking twice

February 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sheila M. Brown

"Sure, he doesn't trust Michonne and wants her gone as soon as possible, but he also seemed to have no bond with his child when he saw him for the first time (though I had to smile at her makeshift crib)..."
    Rick's baby, is a girl, not a boy...
    Lori is Dead.
    According to the comics, Dale was not supposed to die so soon, and in that way. I think they fired the Actor Jeffrey DeMunn, becuase he is friends with Frank Daramont, and they (AMC) didn't want any loose ends...But, as always, AMC is screwing up big time! I would lay money that Th Walking Dead will be moving to another channel soon...

February 11, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. salome bey

when Sopheia came out the barn as a walker..im almost cried..):

February 11, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. lizzard

where is Daryl, I hope he comes back soon, maybe he will show up when rick finally meets the the gov.

February 11, 2013 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. popcorn chomper

My favorite part was when Shane got Lori pregnant!..AGAIN!....Bahahaa!

February 11, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Walker Dude

It was Carl. According to the graphic novels Lori was in deep remorse when Carl accidentally got her pregnant. That is why he is so protective of his sister/daughter.

February 11, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh

How can that be?

February 11, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  44. DL

Thanks for the dose of obvious

February 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. fidosam

Can someone tell me what happened to Michonne? Did Rick just leave her out there?

February 11, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Henry HanksCNN

She is recovering and sleeping it off in one of the prison cells.

February 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dawn

I've been reading the graphic novels as the show progresses, trying not to skip too far ahead. My question is, since Lori's baby is most likely Shane's, will Carl and her get together once she is older? At most she is only Carl's half sister. There is a shortage of humans that will become even greater as time passes. Will Carl and Judith let nature take its course, possibly producing the first children without the virus?

February 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yepyep

Spoiler!

Since you have so many questions I'm just going to tell you that according to the novels...baby ain't gon' make it. But for TV's sake...I doubt the baby will die as horribly as she did in the comic, they may not kill her at all.

February 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

I wonder if a walker ends up gobbling her up? She is so little, only an appetizer for s zombie.

February 11, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • how

Did the baby died in the novel? She wasn't eaten by a zombie, was she?

February 11, 2013 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julz

In the novel, Lori was shot while trying to escape the prison with Rick and Carl during the raid on the prison by the Woodbury group, and she fell on top of the baby, who she was carrying, killing her instantly.

February 12, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jenn

I love the baby crib! Too cute : )

February 11, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. It is shy---

can't you tell her in person about the zombie reviews...why on blog for the entire universe.....get in the saddle zombie...we're different...who cares....talk to pearls....

February 11, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Dixon

And Lori is definitly a walker. It didn't show Carl shoot her. That's why he was so worried when he showed back up with the others. I'm not too sure about Dale though. I think he got killed off last season. Maybe he will show up in a future episode but I'm thinking probably not.

February 11, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

? are you drunk ?

February 11, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • RangerSouthFl

Actually, Lori is not a walker. If you remember, when Rick went on a killing spree in the prison after her death, he came across the area where Lori had the baby and died. Now, her body was not there, but there was a blood trail, that led to a bloated dead walker. That dead walker, ate Lori's remains.

February 11, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

I forgot all about that ! I hope the walker had barbecue sauce.

February 11, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Epidi

I've been wondering about that myself. Not sure if Carl really shot her or not. either way – it's gotta mess his head up.

February 12, 2013 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  50. Dixon

Isn't Judith the Governor's daughter? The walker kid in the cage that Michonne or somebody killed? How is this child also Lori's? They hadn't met yet when Lori got pregnant – or had they?

February 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • lilaskicker

I believe the Gov's daughter was named Hayley...not Judith. Judith is definitely Lori's baby, Carl named her....with Daryl christening her lil a** kicker.

February 11, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Epidi

In the show the Gov's daughter's name is Penny.

February 12, 2013 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  51. Rick

The actor that played the character Dale would have done a better job playing Hershel and Hershel would have made a better Dale. I mean obviously there’s no way that could have happened but I just didn’t get “Dale” this season, I’m not sure if anyone else can agree with that or get that concept from watching the show this season. There’s something else going on with the chemistry on the show too that makes this whole season wishy washy between it being good and being really good and just kind of being a little bit bitter to the viewing taste buds.

I kind of get the feeling that it’s a bit too gory of a show for the actor who plays Carl and some inter-twisted drama is formed amongst the actors offscreen that’s sort of channeling into a mix between off acting or something, by no means am I saying the seasons bad, it’s good.. but it’s no walking dead season one. There’s very little gore, a whole lot more drama, and the action isn’t very action packed as it is dramatic and suspenseful, which I kind of want to see more action packed stuff going on.

I’ve got so much to rant about but then I’ll have a wall sized post on my hands and everyone and their mother’s going to end up drooling as much as I’ll be typing out drool by the time I finish it but I also want to say I know that this show’s based on a comic book, and I imagine that the comic’s got a pretty good story line going to it, and I’ve kind of got a feeling from the direction of the way the show’s going that the writers are writing according to the public (which bugs me a little) but I’m wondering if the comicbook story line would be better… or is better… if anyone follows them.

Would be neat to know…. 5 stars any way you look at it, great show (I think this season could be better)

February 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Walker

Predictions…hershel…dead, some of his anonymous family we’ve seen over the last year…dead…. carol…saved by daryl… Tdog…. alive….

The Governor is introduced with Daryls bro with the other camp of 30 that in some way saves Rick and our gang

The gov and his camp is the premise for season 3 including his passion for gals like Laurie, Maggie, and andrea…just sayin’

February 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jane

it will be longer then a year–everyone loves zombies

February 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Nikki

Lori really is still alive at this point. They kind of gave it away on the after show called “The Talking Dead”. After a cast member is killed off and is perminantly off the series, they give them a cast party. They have for each of the major cast members killed off. They did for T-Dog but not for Lori. Those that say Carol rescues her are probably correct. Or both may show up on the Season Finale as walkers. Either way, both characters and actors are still officially part of the series (Lori and Carol).

February 11, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr Krabs

What about Spongebob, Patrick, Squidworth, or even Plankton? Did they make it??

February 11, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

You're wrong.

February 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • lilaskicker

Are you crazy? Lori is frickin dead...or did you forget the fact that Carl is the one that had to shoot her? The zombie ate her body. The Talking Dead just did it to mess with your head...like..Lori's back?? no...it's just Rick losing his mind.

Regardless of the fact that you never actually see him eating her.....there's still the fact that Carl shot her...in the head...so she didn't become one of those monsters.

Lori's gone man....Rick's gone mad....also if you read the comic you'd know that he starts to lose it after Lori's death.
      The Talking Dead just did it to mess with your head...like..Lori's back?? nope...it's just Rick lost his everlovin mind.

February 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Epidi

I don't see how Lori could possibly be alive after having a hurried C section that didn't get sewn back up and her plumbling out on display to the walkers & infection. The loss of blood likely killed her – it's not like the veins and arteries were cauterized during the C section. Just sayin.

February 12, 2013 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. Lyle

They should have gay zombies on it so it would be more socially correct. Maybe Ellen.

February 11, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blackbeard's Ghost

You mean like Elton John, George Michael and Boy George zombies? It wouldn't work, they would want to eat weiners...

February 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chrissy

LOL @ Blackbeard's Ghost. : )

February 11, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. POLE ZOMBIE GOOD OLE BOY

gol visit your pole zombies and leave us alone.

February 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Dan

Reminds me of the old Laverne & Shirley show.

February 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Luke

This show is embicillic. Use the force.

February 11, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Rick

I would like the show better if someone chopped up Carl into little pieces and fed him to the walkers. Or maybe to piranhas.

February 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  60. ZOMBIE DJ

Everyone needs to lighten up and stop all this negative stuff all the time. Be Happy and say something nice for a change. You guys & gals are such downers. Its an awesome show, huge ratings hit for AMC, and i plan my sunday nights around 2 hours of Zombies!. I'll take the show anyway i can get it, and not complain about it. Either find another show to watch, or stop your whining all the time. Even more so, stop pretending to be ' A CRITIC '.. voicing opinions is fine, but alll this whining should stop, and soon, like now...Dj

February 11, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pirate Traci

RRRRRRR it be a smelly show. Full of diarreah and foul smells.

February 11, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Taylor Swift

I think carl is pretty hot when he wears that hat. I hope we can date..if not..I could date Glenn, or even Daryl....Ohhhh...I should write a new song about forbidden love in the zombie apocalypse..I would so get a Grammy for sure!!

February 11, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. we'll give the show credit for spunk

that's about it.

February 11, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Poodlegirl

LOVE this show, but I have to say this episode was lackluster. I"ll keep watching and hoping this season will turn itself around.

February 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

I miss American Horror Story. TWD has gotten silly. Almost like an old episode of BJ and The Bear or Sheriff Lobo.

February 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2 silly route...

another good one.

February 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  64. OH 123?

special code for you...fake.

February 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Hi

do you know there is 1 person who portrays 5,000 people on this sight?

February 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pickley Pete

Noooooo. Thar be many pirates here. Ye landlubbers be jealous of our pirate gang. We sail the seven seas huntin for good television shows. This not be one. Nooooo. Rrrrrrrrrr.

February 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  66. asskicker

Your writer clearly doesnt know anything about the show and pulls things out of their @ss. The baby is named judith, how the hell is it a boy? a faceless ghost? it was clearly lori...are you kidding me?
    Not to mention rick saw shane ghost in the episode prior to last night's when he was in woodbury. He lost it a while ago.

Points 1 and 2 both have to do with the brothers and could have easily been grouped as one. You clearly had nothing to write about so you stretched it to two. how about the fact that rick noticed the baby wasnt his? When it was mentioned the baby had lori's eyes and rick was about to faint and looked like he was gonna drop the baby. It was clearly a big moment you neglected to notice. New writer please!

February 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • suzy

woohoo i am finally glad that someone else got it right. oh and last night was NOT the first time rick had ever seen judith. stupid people. as for the people who say the show has gotten silly, who here realizes that it is based on a graphic novel? while there are a lot of differences between the two, for the most part it tells the same story. if it didnt, it would not be called the walking dead. nothing worse then trying to be a critic when you know nothing about what you are writing about. if anything, shows stupidity.

February 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Janko

total embarassment for the poor thing and facebook.

February 11, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Frank

The show keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe The Dukes of Hazzard can make a cameo appearance.

February 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Marco

I agree. It has become a silly embarissment.

February 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Darrel

Dumb show for even dumber people. Should have been cancelled after the first season which was great.

February 11, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Hi

just wondering is the weather going too be ok tonight?

February 11, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Zombie Girrrl

The show really has gotten silly. It has become what it is – a silly show based on silly comic books. I recorded last night's episode but have no plans to watch it. Most of the time when I do see it I'm groaning and giving it facepalms at how dumb it has become.

February 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  73. 4 inch heels moron

these babes cost 180...not ruining them in the snow....you look cute with a cap–

February 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  74. 4 inch heels moron

these babes cost 180...not ruining them in the snow....you looke with a cap by the way...

February 11, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Peg Leg Pete

This show be not realistic. I've known many pirate zombies and these be not true to life. Landlubbers they be.

February 11, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Demetrius

RRRRRRRRR I'm an African American Pirate walker. One Eyed Demetrius be my name ive sailed the seven seas looking for delicious human brains. RRRRRRR. Brains be tasty, matey. RRRRRRRRR

February 11, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Demetrius

Why did they kill off all the black characters?

February 11, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • suzy

clearly you havent watched lately or you would see that tyreese and his gang (is that his sister or his daughter? in the comics its his daughter..right?!), michonne and the doctor in woodbury (is that suppose to be alice? from the comics) are all african american.

February 11, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Leigha

Just a note on the article- the baby is a SHE not a HE. Lil' a$$kicker's name is Judith. Def. girl.

February 11, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Bluedestiny

The show lost its way ... lacks sense from a story arc that disconnects with original premise ... they started out 3 seasons ago with Mankind all but wiped out and Zombies apparently at their peak of population, overrunning both cities and countrysides.

Yet, the Zombies look as "good" today as they did 3 seasons back at their population peak. So how are the Zombie's cells fueling themselves after all this time, what food/fuel source for their tissues' cells, when they should have long ago passed out of that phase and into a phase where Zombies are drying out and turning to dust... dying off.

The show lost its path putting us in a stage where the population was already peaked, and didn't handle the story arc effectively. It's lost any sense of credibility, suspension of disbelief, when the Zombies continue to be just as numerous, just as strong, as they were in Season 1, and 2, and now 3...

Unless they're somehow saying that all the time before the farm, on the farm, after the farm, in the prison... only took place in a matter of a couple weeks... yeah.

February 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilaskicker

Well...just because it's been 3 seasons, doesn't mean it's been 3 years in real time (one episode doesn't equal one day).
      The first season happened from Rick getting out of the hospital until they were at the CDC in like two weeks tops (not to mention that it hadn't been that long since the zombies came about and when Rick woke up).
      Then from the CDC to when they left the farm it was maybe a month that they stayed there. The longest period of time was from when season 2 ended and season 3 started, which lapsed about 7 mths.
      In the episode where they capture Michonne and Andrea, Milton was in his lab with the governor and the governor asked how come they weren't dying, Milton explained they are just at a much slower pace. Don't forget that not all walkers just haven't eaten...some have eaten people therefor sustaining their life (also creating more zombies).

So all in all...this zombie apocalypse has maybe been a year in total from start to where they are now. It never said that mankind was all wiped out....but zombies definitely out numbered humans. Sure there are zombies getting killed off...but there are also humans becoming zombies after they die, so it's a vicious cycle.

February 11, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

FYI... I distinctly recall that when Rick and the gang had taken over the prison, and had first run into the prisoners; they had told the prisoners of no cell phones, no computers, no government etc... the prisoner's who'd been locked up (not knowing anything had happened) said they were locked up 16 months... its roughly been a year and a half at the most in their time....

February 12, 2013 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Bluedestiny

OK, so we're in a year, to a year and a half...

How long does it take the body's cells to wither and die from no fuel?

A week.

Let me know when you connect the dots here... and the bell "dings", and we'll continue...

February 12, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Teensy

There was an episode last season that dealt with this directly. The "scientist" at Woodbury explained that they ARE decaying, but at a much slower rate than usual. Observing this was part of the reason they had so many captive walkers at Woodbury in the first place. I promise, it's in there...

February 12, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  80. V¡xen

Merle- is a complete jackazs
    Andrea- is c¤ck happy,
    Lori's ghost needs to go away. Might not even be Lori's ghost. It might be Lori as a zombie. If she is a Zombie, Rick is going to completely lose it for sure.
    Carl- needs to lose that stupid hat already
    The group needs to keep the two black people (man and woman) but the other two needs to go because they were already planning to do harm Rick's group.
    The Governor needs to lose his other eye.

February 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Sweet Jessica

It was a great episode. I love the way Scooby solved the mistery and rescued the gang. Scooby is a hero dog.

February 11, 2013 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Zombie Pirate

RRRRRRRRR I'M A PIRATE WALKER. RRRRR.

February 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |