What's next for Frank Ocean? Bora Bora
February 10th, 2013

What's next for Frank Ocean? Bora Bora

Frank Ocean has been one of the favorites to win big at this year's Grammy awards, but the singer himself is more focused on his performance.

"It's a whole other type of mind-frame," Ocean told us on the Grammys red carpet. "You still try to enjoy it and be present."

Of his six nominations, "you just feel pride," he said. "My mom’s super proud. It’s an honor. It goes without saying for me."

As a star who's still getting used to working the red carpet circuit - he's only been on them three or four times, he said - Ocean's more inclined to stay mellow and take it all in.

"I’m aware and I’m quiet in new situations, and this is fairly new," he said. "I just try to be myself and have good manners. And smile. You live once, and I just try to be present. It’s not where you end up, it’s a journey, and this is cool as hell."

But because his mental "wheels are always turning," the artist said he's "going to Bora Bora tomorrow and stay there until the 20th to slow the action down a bit."

Filed under: Awards Season • Grammys

1. Bojan Debil

$85 an hour! Seriously I don't know why more people haven't tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And what’s awesome is I’m working from home so I get more time with my kids. Here’s where I went

February 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. OnIt

I can get on pitch..has to be the right setting.

February 11, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. rocker

His performance last night was awful, absolutely one of the worst things I have ever heard, He was off pitch the whole time, the song was terrible.

February 11, 2013 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. he looked hot

like always

February 11, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. Floyd

That was one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed on the grammy's. He sang a song about "forest gump"?
    he can't even sing. he didn't hit one note on key. what a waste of time. He sucks!!!!!! there are so much more talented people out there to put on stage than listening to his off key no talent performance.

February 11, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. liz

I was impressed by his Grammy appearence. I don't know much about Frank Ocean, but his recent actions show that his words in this article are true. I pray that he stays on this course.

February 11, 2013 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |