Justin Timberlake explains new album name
February 5th, 2013

Justin Timberlake explains new album name

We assumed that Justin Timberlake's new album is called "The 20/20 Experience" solely because it sounds classy, but alas, the 32-year-old musician has a better reason.

"I was playing some of the stuff for my friends and they would come in and out of the studio and I’d say, ‘What do you think of this?’" he recalled on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Monday. "And my best friend said, ‘This is music that you can see,’ and for some reason that stuck with me."

Show host Seacrest had guessed the "20/20" in the album title was a nod to the reports that he and Timbaland had created 20 songs in 20 days, but Timberlake joked that he wasn't that clever. Although his return to music has been a long time coming, he could definitively say, "No one's more excited than me, man."

And it turns out the teasing video announcement he released in January ahead of his new single, "Suit & Tie," was actually part of a larger project.

"That little piece is from a documentary that we sort of started working on throughout the making of the album, which started last June," Timberlake revealed.

As a result, some of his work on "The 20/20 Experience," which will bow March 19, coincided with his plans to marry Jessica Biel. However, it wasn't too stressful for the singer.

"I don't know how many of you are married, but ... that type of process is saying, 'Whatever you want honey,'" Timberlake quipped. "Every photo, everything that went into that event, I was riding shotgun."

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Timberlake • Music

1. florida djs

Hello there! My name is NAME and I personally just desired to say your blog site is awesome! It really is surprising due to the fact I use to have a site that almost had an identical url: BLOGURL mine was only a few letters different. In any case, I'm a big admirer of your weblog and if you ever would like a guest article you should email me personally at: EMAIL. I absolutely adore writing!

January 17, 2014 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. trying too understand...like am i justin or the inconsiderate one.

thanks

May 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marquerite Stine

Open and generous, Justin Timberlake enjoys a wide circle of friends and acquaintances and he thrives on sociability and fellowship. He is adventurous, playful, freedom-loving, and always ready for a good time. Timberlake rarely allows obstacles or difficulties to keep him down, for no matter how bleak the past or present, Justin always expects a better, brighter future. In fact, he is uncomfortable with his own or other people’s problems and emotional pain. Justin Timberlake often tries to “cheer up” or offer philosophical advice to those who are hurting, but he unwittingly avoids or ignores the emotions involved.^.:-

http://www.healthwellnessbook.comHottest brief article on our personal web blog

May 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • She understands all the pain that is happening here...

and justin does understand all the emotions involved but you either have too remain in the band and find other singers or the band members have too find another band.....

this situation is not a typical band...this is a different type of band-

May 22, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Memory Munch Telephone listen

February 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BlueDestiny

"whatever you want, honey" is another way of saying, "this matters to you, I don't care."

But... dig the Justin. He's awesome on many dimensions, very versatile, strong performer and actor, and funny as hell. Best host of SNL... ever.

February 8, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. its just her daily HO stuff

that's all it is.

February 7, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sean Connery

*COUGH*ag

February 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. reality

'just cause it sounds classy'? Wow. way to go for original.

February 6, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. Justine is my number 1

the best...

February 6, 2013 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. 155.155

lights up....a little less equip and some self esttem

February 6, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. Alvarez

I stand by my earlier comments – Justin deserves to be pelted by a barrage of stink nuggets.

February 6, 2013 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ashley

I cant wait for the March 19th launch, super excited for the new songs! He is all grown, I saw his songs on youtube and people better be ready for a great comeback! I also stumbled upon this awesome cover of that "suit & Tie" by these talented guys "RADIO FOR THE PEOPLE" http://youtu.be/XcOZk-kxKwQ

February 5, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Molly Blair

That sounds like something justin T. would do. He's a cool soul brother. thats totally in character for him. Yeh!! Right on Justin man! cool no jive justin!I would like to see what he could do with the Temtations"Papa was a Rolling Stone" -MB

February 5, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |