Jay-Z tweets reaction to Bey's Super Bowl show
February 4th, 2013

Jay-Z tweets reaction to Bey's Super Bowl show

After Beyoncé finished her exhilarating halftime Super Bowl set, she received a hug of support from one of her biggest fans: her husband Jay-Z.

A photo posted to Instagram, reportedly by Beyoncé's makeup artist, shows the singer embracing her partner with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Jay-Z, who wed Beyoncé in 2008, joined in the jokes on Twitter that his wife's performance was so electric it knocked out the power in the stadium.

"Lights out!!!" he posted after her show on Sunday night. "Any questions??"

Meanwhile, Bey went to her Tumblr page to share how proud she was of her fellow performers, including Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys, who sang "America the Beautiful" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" ahead of the big game.

"What a proud day for African-American women!" she posted. "Kelly [Rowland], Michelle [Williams], Alicia, JHud ... You are all beautiful, talented and showed so much class! It was an honor to perform at the Super Bowl with you phenomenal ladies."

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Jay-Z • Music

« Previous entry
  1. DaVuVuZeLa

sometimes, you just gotta stop hating and start appreciating, because there's nothing worse than some jealous idividual promoting his bitter rage on somebody who is more successful in life than they are.

Obviously, if you were more successful in life (and I don't mean material wealth), you wouldn't spend the time to write such disparaging comments about them.

February 16, 2013 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. jayz is on fire...

he's the boss....

February 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nordic Slur

Nice pimp, you caramel hottie

February 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. commentq

nobody is cashing–she never did with anyone so why now....

get lost beyonce...

February 11, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. marian

so many of the artists just cash in . Out fits of B. very low cut .

February 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. personality

none

February 9, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brandi

This thread is an abundace of ignorance and a testament to the fact that freedom of speech is to "free", if it would "cost" more maybe people would use it for good and not for evil!!!

February 9, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nod from LA

cnn gave her glowing reviews..

February 8, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Dakotablue

Why is it what black people have to make reference to being black? It's this type of behavior that keeps racism in peoples minds. Do you think Kelly Clarkson or some other white female performer would publish reports that she is proud of playing with her white band or a couple of the white referees. It's just the same old crap and then when blacks aren't noticed and admired for being black, it's racism. I am a black man that is ready to live in current times. Our black leaders do nothing but remind the current generation that racism is still around instead of portraying our race as equal. Pathetic...

February 8, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

If that's the only thing you can cite as keeping racism perpetuating, you need to go back to the drawing board. Try researching the drug war and how it's affected poor blacks and other minorities.

February 8, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • unaware

He makes a valid point. eric....try recognizing his valid point instead of saying his point isn't valid because there are other more valid points. I mean really....for christs sake. It's good to see a black man know when the black community should stop mentioning how black their blackness is in a black singing and dancing craze of black performers during a black out on a blacked out screen in front of our black night....sheesh....nuff with being black...

February 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • aware-

gee that was confusing.

February 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • chefmom

Why can't they just proud of the job all the entertainers did as people.? Skin color is irrelevant.....

February 17, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • chefmom

Just be proud...excuse my poor grammar please.

February 17, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Spartacus

"Thrilling Half Time Show"]
    OMG what a sad pathetic Joke that is !!!
    What it actually was, was the worse display of Non Talent in the History
    of Half Time entertainment at the Superbowl !!!
    She was nothing less then 100% dreadful and 100% completely void of any substance what so ever! :-)

February 7, 2013 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @Marita

I only care, what people are ABOUT, not what color they are! I moved to the midwest from the westcoast, and I'm very sad to say, that racism is alive + well in middle America, on both sides!I DO agree, though, that skin-color is mentioned quite a lot by black people! Also, it appears to be important to have black Magazines, TV-Channels, black Proms, schools, Fashion-shows, the list goes on + on! Whites dont seem to feel the need for that!? I'm not being critical, just curious!! – @Marita.

February 7, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • chefmom

You are correct, how do we ditch the self Imposed racism and truly become 1 country. I think it the people who profit from it keeping it going.

February 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. viewer

She sucked. She keep going in and out. The only part of her show I liked was when the rest of Destiny's Child came in and they keep going in and out.

February 7, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bluejeans

They couldn't just be women, could they Beyonce? Nope, you had to go and get all racial on us.

February 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

Thank you Bluejeans, well said. They always have to ruin it with those comments. Since Obama got in office racism is more out there than it was in the 60s. We have not moved forward, we have now taken two steps back. I hope THEY are happy! They are ruining this country.

February 7, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dlewis78

Seems like the only people who take offense to African-Americans highlighting their achievements and being proud of them are a few non African Americans. She certainly didn't ruin it for me. Why is it when a certain artist reaches a certain level they are expected to forget their heritage or pretend that it doesn't exist? She has worked hard enough to say whatever she chooses and to be proud of a group of women who are also women of color representing at the Superbowl.

February 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pam

The funny part is that when Beyonce said it was a great day for African-American women, I hadn't even thought of it that way. I didn't notice or care about that. Beyonce is beautiful, Alicia Keyes is gorgeous and Jennifer Hudson is beautiful too. It was a great day for beautiful, talented women regardless of whatever race they are.

February 5, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jolo

Great day for African-American women? I see that it was a great day for American women, or black American women. But which one of them is recently immigrated to America from Africa?
    – Canadian daughter of African-Canadian immigrated parents (one of whom is white btw)

February 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Your ignorance is showing. I find it hard to believe that you are implying that the descendants of forced African immigrants are unable to call themselves African-Americans. That can't be what you're saying, it just can't be, it's too ridiculous. It not about "recently immigrating", its about heritage. Black is a label cooked up to identify the skin, African is the bloodline. Get it together.

On another note, I agree with others below. "A great day for women" would have done nicely.

February 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ian Monam

Not all, in fact most, black Americans are not descended from slaves.

February 6, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

What is wrong with just great day for WOMEN. Most of you are half white or Spanish anyway... you all crack me up! African American.... how bout AMERICAN..... did you come from Africa (any of you)???

February 7, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. giggle mcgee

what do you mean don't rain on my parade is a great song...

February 5, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. HarrisonMA

Those who can, do; those who can't, criticize.

There are many, sad, angry, bitter, and jealous comments here.

I cannot believe that any of you will be a positive influence in anyone's life much less your own.

February 5, 2013 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  18. HarrisonMA

Those who can, do; those who can't, criticize.

There are many, sad, angry, bitter, and jealous comments here.

I cannot believe that any of you will be positive influence in anyone's life much less your own.

February 5, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  19. paralaxvu

Lip synched the President's inauguration but didn't lip synch the Super Bowl? Huh. Guess the real stuff is for the one who pays for it.

February 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • NormalGuy456

She has no class and what JayZ tweeted was "Me and my possee will tap that later..."

February 5, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • DWill

Performers aren't paid to perform at the Superbowl

February 6, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • no excuses

was fresh - it it never laughing at....it is happy too see...she lud him...no insecurites–just be you and that will help me be me–kay?

February 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sam

this was the worst super bowl half time show ever

February 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • landon

Madonna, The Who. Stop it. Madonna was walking around like some old lady and everyone kept asking Who.

February 4, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Justina

i know some very nice gangsta's ...true

February 4, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Vincent

JayZ is a wanna be ugly azz gangsta and Beyonce is just Beyoncnasty. Any questions?

February 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lose My Breath

is my favorite song-i love the suits don't you?

February 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. DebbieB

"What a proud day for African American women!" Couldn't just be a proud day for women, she had to make it about race! Call whites racist all you want to, but people who live in a glass house should not throw stones!

February 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

I was thinking the same thing! Exactly why I can't stand her. She is so racist. It should have been women in general not just black women. Although she is one angry black *itch!

February 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • destiny suits

you are so right...BAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

February 4, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JB Stoner

Black? You mean coffee with 3 creams.

February 4, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

At least 3 of my creams....you're welcome

February 5, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Janell

AMEN. Why does it always have to ential the word, BLACK? And they say white people are racist....smfh.

February 5, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Me

OMG!!!! Shut up already. She is free to say anything she wants. She wasn't trying to be racist. There is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and other like you. Being racist is anger. Nothing she said was out of anger. There are racist people in every culture. So just please, shut the hell up!!!! DAMN!!!

February 6, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Shake it Beyonce

Play the destiny child videos again so she can them like she did yesterday.....

February 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Itsamemario

Am i the only one that thought that half time performance was just meh? if it was more of a destinys child show and less of a beyonce vanity project the show wouldve kept my interest. Instead we get beyonce doing the 'little kid just done pooping and needing a wipe' pose with images of herself playing in the background. Then destinys child is just kinda shooed into the mix for a quick set. Lame..

February 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • landon

I thought it was great she invited her. Remember she invited.

February 4, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peachie

They wanted Beyonce. She was nice enough to bring the other two along for the ride. Very nice since Michelle looked like she was lost most of the time.

February 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • 3

glad beyonce brought the other 2

February 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. alumette

Black women are definitely in ! Congrats !

February 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Hudson Sistas

this couple(pictured) is soooooooo hot.

February 4, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

February 4, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Sing Along Bag Lady Boutique--

Good times and bum times, I've seen them all and, my dear,
      I'm still here!
      Gold statue sometimes,
      Sometimes a kick-in-the-rear, but I'm here
      Now one day you're hailed for blazing trails
      Next you're nailed for fingernails
      Either they cheer or they jeer, but I'm here
      I've heard them say song writing, acting, producing,
      What makes her think that she can? Or better yet song writing, acting, producing
      What does she think, she's a man?
      One day a Tony, Tuesday you're top of the Bill
      So I'm here!
      Wednesday you're phony, Thursday you're over the hill
      But I'm here!
      Now I've kept my clothes and kept me space
      I've kept my nose to spite my face
      Still once you say you won't
      Keep your place loud and clear
      Once you announce you're directing all you hear is...
      Everybody says don't, everybody says don't
      Everybody says don't, it isn't right!
      Don't, it isn't nice!
      Everybody says don't, everybody says...
      Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter,
      Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter,
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
      Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to, If someone takes a spill,
      it's me and not you,
      Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade,
      I'm gonna live and live NOW!
      Get what I want, I know how!
      One roll for the whole shebang!
      One throw that bell will go clang,
      Eye on the target and wham,
      One shot, one gun shot and bam!
      Hey, look at me world, here I am...
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me life, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Nobody, no, nobody, is gonna rain on my parade!

February 4, 2013 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. Good Move

Grab that beyonce and go girl

February 4, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  31. jay & Beyonce (pic above)

beyonce is one hot banana in bed i can tell....jay is very happy...who wants some zzz in bed...you know what i mean....

February 4, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  32. agreed

once that dress or shirt comes off jay is all over it....

February 4, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  33. couple (photo above)

jayz is one happy man...i'm sure especially with beyonce's butt with him every night.....jay needs that bounce i can tell i'm older....once she takes her shirt off....daz it...i love that...

February 4, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  34. couple (Photo Above)

jayz is one happy man...i'm sure especially with beyonce's butt with him every night.....jay needs that bounce i can that bounce.....once she takes her shirt off...daz it....

February 4, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. Sadie

Well, now we know why the lights went out. Must have been all that jiggling and dancing that knocked the plug out of the wall. Hey Jay-Z, she ain't that good!

February 4, 2013 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |