John Mayer is 'quite happy' with Katy Perry
January 31st, 2013

John Mayer is 'quite happy' with Katy Perry

Neither John Mayer nor Katy Perry have been particularly open about their relationship, thus far letting photos of them together do all of the talking.

But Mayer, who recently reclaimed his voice on stage, spoke on their status with Rolling Stone, saying he's in a good place with Perry.

The singer, known for having relationships with high-profile ladies like Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson and Taylor Swift, explained that the attention that comes with dating Perry hasn't bothered him as much this time around.

"It makes it hard to live a life where people don't know who you are, but I haven't had any trouble in my private life at all," Mayer said. "The only trouble I've had is maybe people geo-tagging me, but that's about it. To me it's just a matter of people knowing where you are on a given day, and I guess assessing your style when there is no style to be assessed. I don't really call that infringing on a personal life."

Yet he was at something of a loss for words when he was asked how the relationship's been for him.

"It's been . . . I mean, I'm quite happy," Mayer said. "I'm happy in all aspects of my life. I'm very happy in all aspects of my life."

Filed under: Celebrities • Katy Perry • Music

1. Tokyo Hillbilly

Dear John Mayer, Please do not cover an awesome Meteors song ever again with SRV guitar tone. I have to wash out my ears with soap and say 50 Hail Marys. Alternatively, you should taze your self as penitence. When one guy wanted to sell me one of your old guitars, I told him "You might think that name dropping with get you an extra 10~15% yield but you're dea wrong and now owe me lunch. Let's go! lunch!" And yes, I've played guitar for 33 years and don't suck at it... All is forgiven is you delete that cover and re-record it with a CLEAN TONE !!! OK rant over...

February 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TKe

best legs in music

February 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Maynard

They are both incredibly stupid and have no talent. They are a perfect match for each other.

February 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. drew

He gets a lotta nice for a rather homely dude.

February 13, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. katy and john mayer (photo above)

best new couple.

February 9, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Overheard Salon

thank you girls....see you next sats

February 9, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. alumette

I think they are both creepy and what they have mostly in common is their narcissism.

February 9, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jfc1

this guy is the male celebrity leech

gotta make a million other leeches jealous :)

February 9, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • cynthia

Maybe this time it will the the woman who dumps him. Nice to think Katy is just biding time until the right moment to punk him.

February 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Steve Brooks

Does he beat Katy as he has done his other girlfriends?

February 8, 2013 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Doug

Katy, your picker is broken... You only pick douce bags...

February 6, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. DESPERADO

NOT DIRECTED TO JOHN MAYER

February 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. REV UP-SET UP....HERE YA GO...

Good times and bum times, I've seen them all and, my dear,
    I'm still here!
    Gold statue sometimes,
    Sometimes a kick-in-the-rear, but I'm here
    Now one day you're hailed for blazing trails
    Next you're nailed for fingernails
    Either they cheer or they jeer, but I'm here
    I've heard them say song writing, acting, producing,
    What makes her think that she can? Or better yet song writing, acting, producing
    What does she think, she's a man?
    One day a Tony, Tuesday you're top of the Bill
    So I'm here!
    Wednesday you're phony, Thursday you're over the hill
    But I'm here!
    Now I've kept my clothes and kept me space
    I've kept my nose to spite my face
    Still once you say you won't
    Keep your place loud and clear
    Once you announce you're directing all you hear is...
    Everybody says don't, everybody says don't
    Everybody says don't, it isn't right!
    Don't, it isn't nice!
    Everybody says don't, everybody says...
    Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter,
    Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter,
    Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
    Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to, If someone takes a spill,
    it's me and not you,
    Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade
    I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
    And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
    At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
    I guess I didn't make it
    Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a-comin'
    I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
    Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade,
    I'm gonna live and live NOW!
    Get what I want, I know how!
    One roll for the whole shebang!
    One throw that bell will go clang,
    Eye on the target and wham,
    One shot, one gun shot and bam!
    Hey, look at me world, here I am...
    I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
    And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
    At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
    I guess I didn't make it
    Get ready for me life, 'cause I'm a-comin'
    I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
    Nobody, no, nobody, is gonna rain on my parade!

February 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Arnold Schwarzenegger

What, aliens? They were spies or sumsing! If we want to know the most intimate details about your life, you betta tell us.

February 2, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff

Katy Katy Katy... She is awesome, he is a total loser. Why do you think no woman wants to keep him around. Cripes he can't keep a 20 year old woman happy nor a 30 year old woman. It will go 6-9 months.

February 2, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. business as usual

that is the way Jesus wants it and that is the way we will handle it.

February 2, 2013 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Shinytoys

yea, Jesus put this whole relationship together...is Jesus your co-pilot...please let him have the wheel

February 2, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

'cause I can't do this on my oooown! :P
      Such a beautiful song :)

February 2, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. vinster76

" He's happy "..................who cares

February 1, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ramon

He's a happy guy, that's why his music is so boring...

February 1, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. It's Still Bush's Fault

Sometimes I think she's kind of hot, sometimes i think she's not...He's lucky he's talented and women aren't as hung up on looks as men...for a guy who looks like this to have dated so many pretty women, he's either very talented musically or well hung or both.

February 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's Still Clinton's Fault

I'm sure when she wakes up in the morning and all that makeup is gone, she looks just like John Mayer. But yeah, I agree...sometimes in photos she looks OK, a lot of times she looks horrid.

February 5, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's actually Zombie Reagan's Fault

Zombie Reagan took a bite out of Katy's left teet.

February 5, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Alyssa

I think its a positive thing that they're happy together but i do disagree that john doesn't really seem happy.My question to them is what they next plan will be?

February 1, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Todd E

From Russell Brand to John Mayer? Talk about a lateral move.

February 1, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. citizenUSA

Yeah, this week. He needs some sun...

February 1, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. kelly in los angeles

im not dumb,it is offensive to basically call black women ugly. he is attracted to kerry washington and rihanna- he is a confused hypocrite.

February 1, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

He did not call black women ugly your brain dead stump. he simply said that for the most part he is not attracted to them I'm not attracted to them either. I prefer light skinned red heads. That does not mean I think that black women are ugly. I am just not attracted to them. If someone does not like skinny blondes, they are not a racist, they just don't like skinny blondes.

You are really about the dumbest person on this message board.

February 1, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kelly in los angeles

im not dumb. i hope that rihanna dumps chris brown. a few years ago john said comments that offended black women

February 1, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Mayer never said anything offensive to black women. He simply said he was not attracted to them. I'm not attracted to them either. I like light fair skinned women. That's not offensive unless you are a moron.

Chris brown beat the living snot out of Rihanna. The only possible way you could think that what Mayer did is worse than what CB did is if you are a complete and total idiot.

As I said, you are stupid.

February 1, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  24. kelly in los angeles

john-his music is good but i dont like how he treats women. that is why i heard rumors that rihanna turned him down,i hope that katy dumps him.

February 1, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Rihanna turned down John mayer because he trats women Badly?

And she got back together with Chris "I beat the crap out of my girlfriend" Brown because of how good he treats women?

You are dumber than a goats' scrotum.

February 1, 2013 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Melinda

You don't know how he treats women. You just know what gossip rags who make a profit from making up wild stories say. Most women he has been with talk about how great he is. TS was mad 'cuz she wanted him to stay. But if he's not in love he needs to move on. I am a black woman, a radical, politically active one at that, and Mayer did not say anything that offended me. He basically said he hasn't yet slept with a black woman. He tried to use his stand-up type humor which is very different from his music persona and freaked people out. He said it badly, that's all. His use of the n word was in the context of complimenting black folk. If you check out his bands, his staff, his charity work, his endorsements, etc, you will see he is thoughtful and inclusive.

February 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. warren

who cares. Like jonh though. She annoying!

February 1, 2013 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  26. John1

You better use like 3 condoms when sleeping with her dude, that girl will give you all kinds of STD's just by looking at you.

February 1, 2013 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Molly

He's a narcissist. Ugh, to fall for that guy after a divorce. Poor girl's going to need a lot of therapy after he dumps her.

February 1, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • sockpuppet1984

seriously, have you seen his track record? I think it's far more likely that she would catch something from HIM

February 1, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Slapnutz

She went from one DBag to another!

February 1, 2013 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  28. Paul DeCroix

Be nice if they did a record together.

February 1, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  29. Yeti loves goats

Must love her eyes

January 31, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  30. puspot

Id hit dat azz.

January 31, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jesus has guided me--

its so important it is to be mature in our world...hatred must go for good!

January 31, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.A.P. (Mothers against poo)

Oh shut up. Nobody cares – not even Jesus!

February 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • rev up set up - hware crush punishment

Good times and bum times, I've seen them all and, my dear,
      I'm still here!
      Gold statue sometimes,
      Sometimes a kick-in-the-rear, but I'm here
      Now one day you're hailed for blazing trails
      Next you're nailed for fingernails
      Either they cheer or they jeer, but I'm here
      I've heard them say song writing, acting, producing,
      What does she think, she's a man?
      One day a Tony, Tuesday you're top of the Bill
      So I'm here!
      Wednesday you're phony, Thursday you're over the hill
      But I'm here!
      Now I've kept my clothes and kept me space
      I've kept my nose to spite my face
      Still once you say you won't
      Keep your place loud and clear
      Once you announce you're directing all you hear is...
      Everybody says don't, everybody says don't
      Everybody says don't, it isn't right!
      Don't, it isn't nice!
      Everybody says don't, everybody says...
      Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter,
      Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter,
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
      Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to, If someone takes a spill,
      it's me and not you,
      Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade,
      I'm gonna live and live NOW!
      Get what I want, I know how!
      One roll for the whole shebang!
      One throw that bell will go clang,
      Eye on the target and wham,
      One shot, one gun shot and bam!
      Hey, look at me world, here I am...
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me life, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Nobody, no, nobody, is gonna rain on my parade!

February 4, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Millward

blocked.

January 31, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Name*Silverblue

Yea he's happy for the time being but 6 months from now it will be done and over with. Read all about it in that sleazy people magazine at the grocery checkout line...

January 31, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. katie and John

they are both talented people

January 31, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bob

I like that Keri Russell's thingies better. Plus she don't have blue hair and an antelope face.

January 31, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  36. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I'd dump a bucket of my stink nuggets on him.

February 1, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  37. Alvarez

Let the dumping began. The large Mexican dinner I had earlier is ready to go.

February 6, 2013 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |