While you were working ...
January 30th, 2013

While you were working ...

Today's news you might've missed:

• Barbra Streisand will sing at the Oscars for the first time since 1977. Back then, she took the stage with a rendition of "Evergreen" from "A Star Is Born," but we're still waiting to hear what she'll perform at this year's Academy Awards.
  • Speaking of grand returns, Barry Manilow has made his on Broadway. [NYT]
  • We're eager to hear what comes out of this partnership: Jay-Z's brought Timbaland into the Roc Nation family. [Life+Times]
  • Also, you've been paying attention to the Super Bowl practice picture-palooza that's been happening on Beyonce's Tumblr, right? OK, good. [Beyonce's Tumblr]
  • For reasons not entirely clear, MTV is going to follow Ke$ha around in a new docu-series called "Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life." It'll start in April. [MTV]
  • ABC, the same network still trying to make celebrity diving shows happen, has turned its attention to America's children. Specifically, babies. Actually, more specifically, toddlers between the ages of 2 and 3 1/2. The reality series premise for "Bet On Your Babies" will see parents compete against themselves, rather than other families and their babies, in challenges that require them to figure out their kid's next move. [Deadline]
  • Russell Brand's FX show "Brand X" is apparently doing well for itself, as the network has expanded the program to a full hour and turned it into a live show format. [THR]
  • Here's what happens when Bon Qui Qui is unearthed, and found working at Alexander Wang:

Filed under: While you were working

1. wrong....she's the hater not him...

is all babS

January 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. She's a nut...stick to goal

she needs meds.

January 31, 2013 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Info of the day--

Moving along...computer script girl

January 31, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Info

Lots on TMZ about LiLo and DiHo. They had to try three different hotels in LA yesterday before anyone would even rent them a room. Seems they've ran up too many tabs without paying. They are in town for LiLo's court hearing.

January 31, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. toes

Very interesting. And informational. I have 10 toes on my feet. That's almost a whole dozen.

January 31, 2013 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. told you...

i do feel bad for her in spite of what they said about her...its tough.

January 30, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wager...

is she nuts or momentarily secure? dave wagers please?

January 30, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. What is with that hair!!

hair is not working....back too bob please....1994 or 2006...thank you....

January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Peace

Bet on your babies, really? TRIUMPH!!! I have a show for you to...well ya know. :o

January 30, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Hey everybody! Hope you are having a good day. Hey Peace. Yeah, I hear you on that one. Dad's and babies doing what? They really need to stop all this reality show crap. Next thing ya know, Triumph will have his own show.

January 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey yourself! Good play on words there...reality show crap, Triumph...lol! Ya know, if he had his own show, I'd watch it! So, I heard about your change of hrs for Friday, I think I heard you say, "Woo-hoo" all the way over here! Lmao!

January 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

It will be my pleasure to poop all over this steaming dung heap they call a reality show.

January 30, 2013 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Awww, thanks Triumph!

January 31, 2013 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nate

Maybe it's just me but I like giraffes. And monkeys too. They help spread kindness and happiness. Yep. They are genuine friendly friends : )

January 30, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dave

It's already night time again ! I'm gonna stay inside. You can never tell what's outside when it's dark. Could be a giraffe lurking around the house. Giraffes are mostly friendly but ya' never can tell. We pray you have a happy evening full of fun and cheerfulness. :) :)

January 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Hope you had a fun evening/ night as well Dave. Thxs :)

January 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey Dave, If you're afraid of giraffs, never, never go to the Binder Park Zoo! They have a platform you can go on top of & feed them. Their tongues are pretty frightening! Lol!

January 31, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Itsamemario

Babs and Barry making comebacks..somewhere a conch shell is being blown and a horrible creature is rising from the depths of a thosand year slumber. Hopefully we can hear the results of a jay z backed timbaland track before it decimates us..but i doubt it. As for Ke$ha: i dont like reality shows but i have a strange liking for this girl. Shes cute, refreshingly honest in interviews ive seen and seems fun to hang around.

January 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Whatever floats your boat. I remembered the Mad Rap3r liking one of the ladies from the Mob Wives. Lol. At least I think he did and he was serious.

January 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

That is a cool post. About monsters. I hope they don't get any of our friends here. Monsters and giraffes – ick.

January 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey all! How ya doing tonight? BV, Yes I'm watching Following. I'm already 1 epi behind...love dvr! Speaking of Mad, where the hell is he? Good "seeing" ya mario. Good comment, btw! :)

January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

I'm doing well. Yeah, I forgot all about The Following. Sadie said that it will be on on Friday, so I will have to dvr it myself.

Oh, I don't know where Mad is. He's probably trolling me. Lol. Paying me back no doubt. .lol. Good night.

January 30, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hi BV! Ya know what they say about payback being...lol! Awww, Mad wouldn't troll you. He was 1 of the good guys. He was completely misunderstood about the seed planting thing. I knew what he meant. I wish he'd come back. :( Got your dvr set up? I'm getting ready to watch it now. Have good eve!

January 30, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Yea...I know. A b¡tch..lol. I'm thinking maybe that's him up there in blue. The person knows the Mob Wife that he likes. Maybe he gave up trolling and became a farmer. Lmao..get it? Planting seeds...lol. Okay, I'm off this thing. Good night.

January 30, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Hey BV! I watched the 2nd epi last pm, make sure you set your dvr for the series...it's gonna be good! Farmer Mad? I wonder what he's growing? Well for his sake, I hope we don't have a dry summer, again. ;)

January 31, 2013 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

Hey! Good morning! That's good to hear about The Following. Anyone saw The Americans (I think that's the name)? I think it's on FX. Just wondering how that was.

January 31, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Good morning BV! I recorded the Americans last night. I probably won't get around to watching it until this weekend, though. I'll let you know when I watch it. Have a good day!

January 31, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • I love barbra

what a legend.

January 31, 2013 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Morning girls! I didn't hear about that show. I see they have a spoiler alert on it now, I'll have to read it. Sadie, Don't erase it, just in case, ok? (I'll bring the strawberry margarita fixings...cul!)

January 31, 2013 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Good am to you too, Peace. Sounds like a plan.

January 31, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

Hey girls! I just did a scan. They are replaying that episode on 2/5. Set your dvrs now! This has been a public service announcement. lol...

January 31, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Peace

Thanks Sadie! Dvr is set.

January 31, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • V¡xen

January 31, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sir Lucious Left Foot

Timbaland? Hm! Ok jigga do what you do. Guess we'll have to see if he hasn't gone too "Timbalake". Rock nation is still Illuminati.

January 30, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Susan

Bon qui qui is hilarious. Go see anjelah johnson DVD or live. Beautiful girl too.

January 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |