Jim Nabors marries partner in Seattle
January 30th, 2013

Jim Nabors marries partner in Seattle

Actor Jim Nabors is now a married man.

CNN affiliate KHNL Hawaii News Now reports that the "Gomer Pyle: USMC" star tied the knot with his longtime partner, Stan Cadwallader, in Seattle on January 15.

Nabors, a Hawaii resident, told KHNL that he'd been open about his sexuality with co-workers and friends when he worked in Hollywood on popular programs from the '60s and '70s like "The Andy Griffith Show" and "The Love Boat."

The 82-year-old met Cadwallader, 64, in 1975 when Cadwallader was working as a firefighter in Honolulu. They've been together for 38 years.

"I haven't ever made a public spectacle of it. Well, I've known since I was a child, so, come on. It's not that kind of a thing. I've never made a huge secret of it at all," Nabors told KHNL. "I'm not ashamed of people knowing, it's just that it was such a personal thing, I didn't tell anybody ... I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I'm just very happy."

The pair wed in their hotel room at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle, with a few friends there as witnesses.

"It's pretty obvious that we had no rights as a couple, yet when you've been together 38 years, I think something's got to happen there, you've got to solidify something," Nabors said. "And at my age, it's probably the best thing to do."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Jon

Disgusting.

February 18, 2013 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. scott

Its a sick world after all its a sick sick world !

February 18, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mary Ann

Congrats, best wishes to you and your partner. Thirty eight years is amazing in its self these days.

February 17, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • hi mare

call u in a bit....

February 17, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • timelord7202

Well said, thank you!

The heteros who have a problem with people wanting to marry should look at their own situation first. GLBT people are not why half the heteros divorce.

Start with the heteros that divorce after 55 hours. More heteros look at other heteros to see what "normal" behavior is... it's the herd principle in action...

February 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Olivia

Goober died a few years ago. Gomer (Jim) has been living in Hawaii for many years. God and Jim Nabors will have to work it out between the two of them...it is not for me to judge.

February 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dazzlin

Congratulations! Enjoy your lives together!

February 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Are you calling someone a fraud...

hacker girl

February 8, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bong The Clown

is it on...can you hear?

February 8, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ND4190

This is terrific! Hopefully gay marriage will soon be legal in all 50 states.

February 8, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cristal Talisayon

Congratz Jim! Hope you have a wonderful marriage life. Hawaii is the perfectly place to live righ? I know you will agree with me. And it is also a nice place for business. If you would like to invest in a Multi Family Apartment Buildings, feel free to visit this site: http://commercialinvestmentstrategies.com/

February 6, 2013 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. there is an abusive obsession with you

and its her problem. not yours....business as usual and that is that-

February 4, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Leave the person alone...

pos

February 4, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hoola Hup

Hell bound

February 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dennycraneesq

Congratulations and Best Wishes to Jim and Stan!

February 1, 2013 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  14. nemajordude

Jim Nabors has been making me laugh since I was a little kid. I say good for him and for anyone that can find lasting happiness with a partner. He's been with Stan longer than I've been with my wife, and that says something. Congratulations!!

January 31, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Daph18

Schazam!

January 31, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. roy

GoooooooooooooooLEY SHaaaaaaaaaZam ..............

January 31, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Leigh

Bob FYI...Gomer and Goober are cousins...they don't like each other like that!!!

January 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. so

go be married.

January 31, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. advocatusdiaboli

"You are crazy! First of all they ARE married and second of all there is NO god. God is just made up for people who can't face reality. Grow up and face the real world!!!!!"

Marriage is a religous construct (before some deity or deities (says so in the ceremony. So they should and can have any bonding ritual they weant, but it isn't marriage and you aren't' married either since you don't believe in any god.

January 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hez316

I thought Jim. nabors was a Christian. He must believe in God.

January 31, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • footnotegirl

Wrong. Marriage was a civil construct before it was a religious construct.

February 14, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. wrong cakes....

they don't hate anybody...it was a just a bad day for all...the blogger is the hater...

January 31, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bob

I always knew Gomer liked Goober. Not my thing, but whatever creams your twinkie...I guess.

January 31, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Butt of Chocolate Sundae Addiction

chill out

January 31, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Will Not be discovered -

gifts are you only concern...the rest is not...

January 31, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. give my regards too broadway

remember through herald square...tell all the gang on 42nd st that i will soon be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

datz how we getz pancake and syrup

January 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. THERE WAS NEVER A BIF

THAT'S WHY YOUR GULLIBLE AND LIVE OFF A TOOL....

January 31, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jeff

Please...who cares. The guy is 83 years old...he has put in his time. Let him enjoy what time on earth he has left.

January 31, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  27. robertholt

Jim Nabors and his partner are not married. They can call themselves married but they are not married. Man may say that they’re married but God says that they are not. God has established that marriage is between one man and one woman. Jim Nabors lifestyle is against nature and against God. If Jim Nabors continues in his rebellion, he will ultimately face the judgment of God with no Savior.

January 31, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • SavvyAsh

lol...whatever helps you sleep at night.

January 31, 2013 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • jmvee

You're wrong.

January 31, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • DEEDEE

January 31, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuckee

I am so glad my God is so much cooler then yours. Your God sounds kind of... well republican. Bully, self-centered, it's my way or the high way kind of vengeful God. My God loves all his children and wishes them happiness in a world that he turned over to us upon creation.

January 31, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • blf83

And it affects you – how? Jesus was far less judgemental than you are.

January 31, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelliayne

Roberholt, you're one sick puppy if you believe that trash. So far. God's been pretty good to Gomer. He has a mansion in Hawaii, had a successful career, and is a multi millionaire. How about your sad life?

January 31, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjprescott

So...I gather you don't care to chip in on a gift for these gents, true? You poor, misguided lamb.

January 31, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • PraiseTheLard

Which "God" did you have in mind? There have been so many...

January 31, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gazork

robertholt, you must be very important to be able to speak for God. Are there any more like you? What a wonderful assemblage you must be.

January 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • wilf

what is your problem with this like why should you care. Where you abused by men from your church when you where young. you can get professional help you know.

January 31, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry Bohannon

Marriage was established by man. And ugly hate filled comments just make you look like you are a very poor Christian. Jesus said "No man can judge Other Men", that is God's right alone. So I would worry about YOUR OWN sin against Jesus. Come judgement day Gomer is gonna do just fine!

January 31, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Post a comment

just read it thanks...

January 31, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  29. joe

The most surprising part of this article for me is the fact that he's still alive. I thought he died like 10 years ago.

January 31, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  30. Ralph in Orange Park FL

Not exactly "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!"

January 31, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  31. Leo

I thought this was settled a long time ago.

January 31, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  32. Meg

Good for him. He seems like a nice man and has given many people many smiles with his acting. He's not making a big deal of it, just letting people know he loves his husband and has never been ashamed of it. I'm glad he and his husband are happy.

January 31, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Curious

I'm happy for them too.
      BTW How do we know which one is the husband?

January 31, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Charles

Why is this even considered to be news worthy? Who really cares? Why do they, the gays, feel they have to publish everything that they do? I say, "Do your job and don't try to be special." I have gay friends, they don't force me to listen to their plight. I don't go up to them and annouce which woman I just had or whcih woman I married. They accept me and I accept them. Just don't force me. This is as silly as the teenager who went national, just to tell her parents – who cares, that was not news. It could have been notified at home, on a telephone, Skype, or even Facebook.

January 31, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • ErickMN

You obviously cared enough to rant on about it for a dozen sentences. If you truly don't care, shut the hell up.

January 31, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Hey did you hear that Jim Nabors is Gay and he got married recently? I think you can google "Jim Nabors" for more info. Try Google News, search "Gay Marriage" that should pull up some other worth while stories!

January 31, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

It generally makes news whenever any well known celebrity, gay or straight, gets married. This is, after all, CNN Entertainment. Celebrities getting married is entertainment news. Perhaps you need to reexamine your priorities if you think the gay part was the important part of this story.

January 31, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Alan S

To ErickNM: Your comment was unnecessarily harsh. There was no call for it.

January 31, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Gazork

Charles, I suspect you are not as tolerant & blase' as you pretend to be.

January 31, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • CharlesSucks

So, do you post this same statement every time one of "the straights" has an article about who they're dating or who they married? Will I see this same statement when I read the article about John Mayer dating Katy Perry, or one of the dozens of guys Taylor Swift has dated? How about with Jennifer Aniston?

January 31, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Badly-Bent

As long as Nabor's neighbors are OK with it, so am I!

January 31, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  35. SCBAMA

Shame, Shame, Shame. Golly..

January 31, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Shame, shame, shame on bigots. Golly they are ignorant.

January 31, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Kregg

shame shame shame on allopheist who claim others as bigots because they have a different opinion and expressing their freedom of speech

January 31, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  36. SCBAMA

Shazam

January 31, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  37. Rob-Texas

Hey didn't have to go public to figure it out. Suprised its a shock to anyone.

January 31, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  38. WE are sick of your nonsense

you national enquirer behavior is over with...your a disgrace too the blog...we don't care about your information and or threats RETIRE AND LEAVE THE PUBLIC ALONE....

January 31, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Your grammar is a disgrace. If you're going to attempt to argue your point of view, it would be more effective if your communication didn't make you appear ignorant.

January 31, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • helen

OUCH!! Someone call the grammar police!

January 31, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jim Bob

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! Thanks for all the wonderful entertainment you have given us over the years, Jim. BTW, can you still sing?

January 31, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  40. As has been said Shazam

You gay Gome I mean you go Gome

January 31, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  41. Danita

Didn't know the man was stilling living much less gay... Bless your sweet little heart...

January 31, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  42. David M

Shazam!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  43. The Hudson Sisters.

thank you.

January 31, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  44. nonail

if wanted.

January 31, 2013 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  45. Script

who cares....jim appears to be as sweet man....i wish him all the best!!!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Sammie

Congratulations Jim and Stan!

January 31, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

A LOT of people care, hence the ban on gay marriages in most states. If we were truly a "who cares?" nation, gay marriage would be legal already, as it should be.

January 31, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  46. Carrie

How gross! I will never watch his reruns again!!!!!!!!!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ToldUso

Easy there, don't use all of your exclamation points on one post, especially one this stupid.

January 31, 2013 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Stacey

You are an idiot.

January 31, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • StanleyBarns

LOL. .I'm sure he's going to lose sleep over you not watching his reruns i

January 31, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • LostinSLC

Carrie....no one cares what you think honestly. The world is tired of the bigots and we will be happy when you all fade away.

January 31, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • buckn

Lostin; It kinda' sounds like Carrie might not be the only bigotted person here. Are you biggotted against bigots? They have just as much right to their opinion as you do.

January 31, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • blf83

How does watching reruns affect you? About as much as their marriage affects you – NOT AT ALL.

January 31, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • wilf

I'm sure tat would please him very much. Thank's for the offer.

January 31, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Cut the religion monger...

nobody cares.

January 31, 2013 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jack 63

And right about the time the "I do's" were being said there was a huge storm and the ground was shaking at Greenwood Cemetery, Clarksville, TN as Sergeant Carter was rolling over in his grave.

January 31, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Well the article says he was open about it on the set so I think Sgt Carter knew about it. On an Ironic note your statement about the huge storm and rumbling may be right on. We did have a huge storm Tuesday night/Wednesday morning here in Clarksville.

January 31, 2013 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  49. Otis

Seattle is in Hawaii now?

Congrats to you Gomer Pyle!

January 31, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  50. i promise.

January 31, 2013 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  51. Scott

Just goes to prove why the Navy keeps Marines aboard ship, they're less obvious than sheep ;)

Scott

January 31, 2013 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  52. jesussaves_hisownass

Right on Jim. Best wishes.

January 31, 2013 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  53. Floyd from Illinois

"Gomer Pyle, USMC" – looking for a few good men.

January 31, 2013 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  54. organically

well gaaa aa aa aa aa Leeeeee!!!!

January 31, 2013 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  55. Thenextstep

SAY IT AIN'T SO.............. SAY IT AIN'T SO.......... PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never watch the marathon reruns again.............

January 31, 2013 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • LoveIsEverything

It is refreshing to see a couple in love for so long... whatever their orientation. This life is not meant to be lived alone. I wish them the best for they, love. Too bad the world can't find such beauty.

January 31, 2013 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • AnaHadWolves

Yeah, I know what ya mean. If ya watch Gomer while knowing he's gay, you might catch the gayness right from your TV set. Just like when you were a kid and you were afraid of girl cooties. Shazam!

January 31, 2013 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Gezellig

"This life is not meant to be lived alone". Curious. If you replaced the word "alone" with "gay", would it be any more judgmental? Perhaps the next empowerment movement should be for those who chose a solitary lifestyle.

January 31, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  56. Dixie Normuss

No wonder Gomer never tried to bang Miss Bunny...........

January 31, 2013 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  57. RL

Good for them! 38 years is a long time to be together anymore. I wish them all the best.

January 31, 2013 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  58. creative36

Love is precious. I never been in love so I know how hard it is to find. Not sure why anyone would be so hateful to want to keep people in love away from each other.

January 31, 2013 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • wilf

religious people that's who worship a hateful God so they fill themselves with hate So some day they can go to heaven and really hate

January 31, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Momicked

I know for sure you will never hear anything like this about Andy.

January 31, 2013 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  60. MoleFace

don't like what you see...turn off tv ... datz me.

January 31, 2013 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Medician

Don't forget to bury your head & meager thought processes in the sand, too.

January 31, 2013 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  61. MightyMoo

PYLE!

Congratulations!

January 31, 2013 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  62. james

bless their hearts

January 31, 2013 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. floyd the barber

oooohhh if I had only known, maybe I wouldn't have felt so lonely and isolated in Mayberry. We might have made some beautiful music together in the back of the barbershop or at the filling station. K-sa-ra-sa-ra

January 31, 2013 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Colonel Grey

That's "que sera, sera", Floyd. At least you're good with scissors.

January 31, 2013 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  64. Shakra

Congratulations to both of them. They've been together more than any straight couple I know, save one.

January 31, 2013 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Elliott Carlin

Most of the people I know have been together that long. You need to change friends.

January 31, 2013 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Keith

Why are you guys hanging out with such old farts?

January 31, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  65. Mom and grandma

I have eight children and now 15 grandchildren. 2 of my daughters are Gay, what I have to say to all the haters out there is it isn't their fault, It was not mine nor their Dad's fault and plain and simple it isn't a fault. They were born perfectfly normal the way "they" were meant to be. So Move on haters and get over it your religious piety of blaming any god for it it a real cop out too. Take responsibility for your own evil heart,
    Jim and Partner Live a long and very happy life together, bless you
    Mom

January 31, 2013 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I have always liked Jim Nabors. My wife and I have always been big fans of Andy Griffith. We still watch it almost daily. We are also Christians. Even though I and we do not agree with his lifestyle, we are not the ones to judge. We leave that up to God. Jesus says love thy neighbor. We should love our Nabors as well and leave the judgement to those higher than us.

January 31, 2013 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Sammie

Go Mom! You do your children proud..

January 31, 2013 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. Hanabadah

I wonder what happened to all the young boys/men Mr Nabors used to bring to the restaurants i valeted at when I lived in Honolulu back in late 80's.

January 31, 2013 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • goobers pyle

Did he ever give you the tip? (or the whole thing)

January 31, 2013 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Quirkydude

Must not have been anything wrong or you surely would have taken some sort of action. Wishing you had been one of them, I'm sure.

January 31, 2013 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  67. divad

Congrats Jim, my first professional (paying) gig was playing in the backing band at a show in Northern MI.

January 31, 2013 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  68. GulpOff

TOO MANY CLOSETS IN AMERICA:-)

January 31, 2013 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
    • scott

Lets build more closets . Obama and the idiot in his party should spend some of my money and put carpenters to work in America instead of giving it to the lazy drunk and drug induced welfare followers..

February 18, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  69. Dave Seavy

Congrats to you both. Gomer was one of my favorite characters when I was young. May you both have a truly happy marriage.

January 31, 2013 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  70. Spangler

The word 'abomination' is used 65 times in the OT and 2 times in the NT. The only named abomination in the NT is Luke 16:15 where Jesus calls the love of money an abomination. Many more speeches need to be given about this one.

January 31, 2013 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

There are a huge number of Christian hypocrites who don't read the Bible, but love to pretend it says things it doesn't like talking about abortion for instance. Don't expect they will check your facts or care.

January 31, 2013 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Quirkydude

It is also mentioned in the dictionary and many other publications – most of which are non-fiction.

January 31, 2013 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Cosmicc

How many other Hollywood couples have been together for 38 years?

January 31, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • jane

none.

January 31, 2013 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  71. a long time fan....

Congratulations to you both. I grew up watching Gomer Pyle and have always had a special admiration for Jim Nabors. I with them both many more happy years together!

January 30, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Andy Daniel

Good for them. 38 years is a heck of a long time to wait – I think it's fair to say that this is a great relationship! I used to watch Gomer Pyle when I was a kid – really liked it. I was very surprised to hear how well he sang since Gomer was always played "goofy".

Congrtaulations to them both!

January 30, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  73. bankrupt1

Wow! Congratulations!

January 30, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Spangler

From Loving v. Virginia (1967) which overturned all existing laws banning inter-racial marriage: "Marriage is one of the basic civil rights of man." Marriage is a civil right + gender discrimination is illegal regarding civil rights = gays win all court cases.

January 30, 2013 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue Perlative

In the words of Jesus: "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh."

January 31, 2013 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • PraiseTheLard

Sue: Very good !!! Now, can you also quote from other fictional characters?

January 31, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Mr. Jim Nabors

You were one of my favorites growing up and I hope you the best for the joy you have given many.
    I recently learned my son was gay and I had a hard time with it at first but in the end, he's my son
    and like you, is a good person. I want to apologize for all the posts that are mean spirited. Wish people
    would think more before hitting the post button.

January 30, 2013 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  76. umbertoni

does sergeant carter know??

January 30, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. umbertoni

well now we know what killed goober.

January 30, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  78. lbleeblee

To quote a great man, "Everyone is stupid except me." (H. Simpson)

January 30, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Observer

The Bible and the Sanct-ty of Marriage:

No marriage for gays in a long-term relationship, but:

– Deuteronomy 22:28 “If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels (about 1¼ pounds) of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.”

January 30, 2013 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • BKB

You can point out the absurdity of Christianity to Christians until you are blue in the face and they will never believe you. You're talking about mentally ill people.

January 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • lor

up shut, iot id ou y. art sm are ou y. ong r w ou y rea. out more. Who are you to talk about the Bible?

January 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • lee

go ahead, keep fightin' for Satan's rights.

January 30, 2013 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

lor,

PIG's Latin?

January 30, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

lee,

Did Satan command victims to marry their rapist and never divorce?

January 30, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Amen to that! Now... where are all the virgins at?!?

January 30, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • HarryJ

BKB
      Why pick on just the Christians? All religions that require faith basically require their members to accept absurdities without question. In this, they are all the same.

January 30, 2013 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

Damn, why do people have to ignore the Oral Law?

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Pig in a Poke

but only if they are discovered?

January 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • wllf

That is the most disgusting thing I have read. The bible say's that the penalty for being raped as a virgin is to have to spend the rest of your life being raped by him.
      Stalkers would love this law. want to marry a hot chick just rape her and she's yours for ever cannot divorce you.

January 31, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • well that's just silly

January 31, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Doesn't she have a gay family member?

what's the issue here...

January 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Lu Ann

Congratulations to Jim and his partner! So glad this happened for you and you shared it with us! How AWESOME!

January 30, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  82. David Duvall

Congradulations to Mr. Jim Nabors and his husband Mr. Stan Cadwallader. Thank you for sharing your private moment and giving a lot of people hope that they will find happiness.

January 30, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  83. As long as they are happy.

that's all that truly matters....

January 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • nick

Yes, to H**L with morals and right and wrong, happiness is all that matters. So do you apply this warped logic in all situations?

January 31, 2013 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Dallas

Happiness is all that matters? I'm pretty sure child molesters or happy while raping children or godless atheist commies were happy killing political opponents. Does that make it ok? You're a child.

January 31, 2013 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Dallas,

Speaking of child, the Bible says that at one time God TORTUROUSLY KILLED EVERY pregnant woman, child, baby, and fetus on the face of the earth.

Oooops.

January 31, 2013 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Sammie

How would yoiu know if child molersters were happy, Dallas? Something familiar about it?

January 31, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  84. SDBob

Do what makes you happy! May you both be blessed with more smiles than you can count.

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Peace

38 yrs is a long time. That's happiness. Congrat's to them!

January 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  86. are you using the ironman blogs against someone?

take a look at nikki and the others...thanks

January 30, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Pants

This dude is still alive? I thought he kicked it decades ago. Good for him! Well done, sir!

January 30, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Sashatree

CONGRATULATIONS!! IT'S ABOUT TIME, EH?? HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU BOTH!! MAY YOU CONTINUE TO BE BLESSED AND KEPT IN GOOD HEALTH - WITH LAUGHTER AND LIGHT AND LOVE SURROUNDING YOU BOTH!

January 30, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Star-Spangled Bullsh!t

Good for him.

January 30, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Peter Q Wolfe

Iran and China such countries have gross human rights violations vs the LGTB community. Its indefensible to think they are more moral than the United States. Sure we have lots to work on Hate Crimes towards us but its legal in some countries to outright murder or torture us for being born this wa. Maybe instead of declaring them more moral that you read on LGTB history, evolutionary biology sociology to psychology and realize that its perfectly normal be gay!

January 30, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  91. when we went on our family cruise to alaska

jim nabors was the evening entertainment.....he is very warm and has a real gomer pyle personality...he actually had breakfast with us one morning–of course my father and uncles were in lala land sitting next to gomer pyle and pretty much followed him around the entire vacation–lolol (true story)

January 30, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  92. ploreblore

We live in an evil country. Iran and China and North Korea are more righteous than we are. Woe unto us. We are fools.

January 30, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • causinascene

Well, it looks like the representative from Westboro Baptist Church had a chance to post...That's great!..way to go Hater..wouldn't God be mad at you for judging this person?? wouldn't God love you more if you turned the other cheek as jebus did? wouldn't it be better for your soul to pray for his everlasting soul? instead of trying to play God and condemning this man or any other? you'll have to answer for your hatred and sins someday.. so why don't you just let this one slide and be a good christian for a change.. and let God figure out who goes to hell and who doesn't..Hmm ..can you reel your hate back a little for those of us that could care less what someone else does? Hmm? can you? please...

January 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • causinascene

Also,.. if you hate it here so much, I'm sure God will provide you a way to move to N Korea if you pray hard enough..why don't you start tonight when you pray for your football team to win the super bowl? or when you pray to win the lottery or something??

January 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Causing A Scene

superbowl will be fun...

January 30, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • BMette

ploreblore:
      Your statement condeming the US is just plain silly. But also, if the US is really so evil, then why not move to a country that is less evil. I suggest that you leave right away...because my sources tell me that the evil is even now surrounding your very house! Run for your life!

January 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • FishwithLegs

You should end your woes and drive super fast down a highway and then close your eyes so you can be with your god! Why put it off with all the woe in this world, go see him, go meet him now, this life sucks, you don't want to be here, he's waiting for you, with streets of gold and open arms!! GO NOW! PLEASE, GO NOW!! HE'S CALLING YOU HOME!!!

January 30, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  93. PaddingtonPoohBear

Congrats Mr. Nabors! I loved watching you on the A.G. Show and Gomer Pyle USMC. When I was younger I used to HATE hearing that people I knew or heard of were gay but now, meh. More power to 'em, they just want to live life and be loved just like anyone else. SO, if you Conservative types REALLY believe in less government, how about staying out of people's business when it comes to their love lives and their reproductive choices? Peace.

January 30, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Peter Q Wolfe

All the best to you Mr Neighbors and your partner because you shouldn't have been forced to wait so long to tie th knot. Unfortunately the extreme "Moral Majority" and al would like us to go back in time not in the future on social acceptance of equality. I'm coming out soon and might move to Seattle to live the bigotted south and might marry one day too! Good o you and yours and many more years to hopefully to enjoy!
    Peter from the south

January 30, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Annia

It's hard to find anyone being with another person this long. He's right that he is blessed. Always been one of my favorites on the AG show. Wishing him and his partner all the happiness in the world. Congratulations, Gomer Pyle!!!

January 30, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  96. gomer's surprise

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!! I'm glad he waited until Andy passed before he came out. And we all used to whisper about Floyd the barber..who'd have ever guessed? (Maybe Rock Hudson?) NOw I wonder about the words to his hit song from so long ago..."OH MY PAPA".

January 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • tb63

Try reading the article. Andy knew. And he was a bigger person than you. He didn't care.

January 30, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ironman59

Read the article. He said that he told people he worked with about his lifestyle so Andy knew about 50 years ago. Besides, he doesn't need anyone's blessing inluding anyone on this site.

January 30, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Earlene L.

Congratulations! So glad to celebrate your commitment to each other.

January 30, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • gomer's pyle

why thankee erelene. y not stop down the fillin' station to celebrate with us tonite.

January 30, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jim Beecher

He's way too old for him.

January 30, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Bee

Shazam! Thanks for the laughs and music Mr. Nabors. Pay no mind to the negative responses here. (They have issues of their own and are stuck in a bygone time that has long past,except in their own minds.)

January 30, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Robert

My wifes favorite singer...and a hell of a comic...Congrats

January 30, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  101. MK

Unfortunately being married in WA does nothing for them as residents of HI. We definitely need a national amendment to recognize all unions in all states.

January 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • pazke

Amen!

January 30, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin H

Marriage laws have always been under the states' control. It would be nice if all states agreed to accept all marriages, but I don't like the idea of the federal government usurping more power away from the states (and individuals for that matter). This should be done the right way, a state at a time, not by federal government overriding the states or the Supreme Court handing down a decision. I know being patient is a pain, but the country will get there eventually.

January 30, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

Here's hoping that comes in time for Mr Nabors and his partner to celebrate together. Congratulations to them both.

January 30, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

State marriage laws have been overridden in the past. For example, here in the benighted South, it was forbidden for people of colour to marry whites in some states. Those laws were overturned on June 12, 1967 by Loving vs Virginia.

January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • MOCaseA

Kevin H,

While we can all agree that we would like to see the states take the correct initiative and equalize marriage rights, unfortunately it will never happen. There is just too much disparity between the states to agree on anything. Take my current home state for example... Quite the opposite of recognizing same gender marriage, the legislature has pass state bills not only defining marriage as "one man, one woman" but also passed laws that any same gender couple seeking marriage recognition or benefits in the state can be arrested for fraud. My home state has taken a definite and very aggressive (not to mention discriminatory )stance against same gender marriage recognition.

The only way that this type of discrimination will be removed (at least in law) nation wide is for a federal mandate recognizing it nation wide, and severe penalties for any state that refuses to follow, or goes against the referendum.

Just my take on the matter...

January 31, 2013 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  102. DN3

Congrats!

January 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. stephen48739

I've always liked Jim Nabors. He has a great singing voice. He's a nice guy with a good heart. Congratulations!

January 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  104. coaster26

Congrats on a long deserved event. Most married couples don't make it to 38! Here's wishing you another 38+ together!

January 30, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  105. rich 333

Congrats to a swell guy....

January 30, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  106. El Coyote

"Well goooollllliiiiiieeeee! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congfatulations!"

January 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  107. scranton

Shazam! Congratulations Jim.

January 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lu Ann

mar() – The man is 82 years old, went through a liver transplant years ago – I think he looks very handsome! Beauty comes from inside, not outside. What the hell are you going to look like when you're 82 – inside and outside...you've pretty well proved yourself as an ugly person on the inside already.

January 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Memory Munch Noze

have a fun night everyone!!!!

January 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. wisdom4u2

Well.... Whatever makes you happy, Jim. Thanks for all the laughs you gave me on the 'Andy Griffith' show.

January 30, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • My2cents

I agree wisdom4u2, Although I will never be able to wrap my mind around the idea of two men being in a physical relationship I understand we are all different. I'm happy for Jim and his long time partner. But he'll alway be Gomer to me and words like Shazam, Golly, citizens arrest, hoody hoot, and surprize.. surprize.. surprize.. will forever be associated with him. I can almost see him kickin it up on the dance floor of his wedding reception (where did he learn to dance like that anyway). Thanks for all the laughs through the years you truly are one of a kind.

January 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • wisdom4u2

@ my2cents ~~~ You've got that right. I use to fake being sick just to stay home from school and be able to watch the Andy Griffith show, but it was Gomer Pyle who helped make that show a success. LOL Wonderful memories....

January 30, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Denise

I'm so happy for you, Jim! May you and your husband have many more years of happiness together.

January 30, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  110. P Ness

Who Knew?

January 30, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  111. BobMD

I forgot he was still alive.

January 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  112. mary

Well we always knew it.. I remember he had something 'supposedly' going on with rock hudson.. Way before anyone actually was ready to come out to the public.....

January 30, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jen

and what happened to Rock Hudson??? Where is he now???

January 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • MHF

I am glad it didn't go thru with Rock Hudson and Gomer Pyle. Can we imagine Rock Hudson changing his name to Rock Pyle.

January 30, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Salad Spinner

Rock Pyle! OMG....too funny!

January 30, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just_realistic

Hudson died many years ago of AIDs related issues. He was gay also.

January 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. gahh

Gomer lucked out, him being 82 and his partner, 64.

January 30, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  114. john vance

Undoubtedly there was someone from Westboro Baptist out on the street screaming "Citizens arrest, citizens arrest!"
    Go get 'em Gomer, you gave me a million laughs as a kid.

January 30, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  115. GailS

Way to go, Jim! Best wishes and good luck.

January 30, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  116. mikebo

Better in Washington than Sylacauga,Alabama.

January 30, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  117. ldavid69

Gollllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy.... Shazam !

January 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  118. lfq60

if he would on married Rock Hudson, his new name would be Rock Pyle

January 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  119. jim

Well surPRAHZ surPRAHZ surPRAHZ. Good for Mr. Nabors.

But I must admit that "Cadwallader" sounds like the last name of a villain on The Simpsons.

January 30, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Shocked

18 years between them? Scandalous!

January 30, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  121. JW

Proving that gays can serve in the military just fine.

January 30, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  122. copanut

Golllly, Miss Lou-Ann Poovie must be mighty dang disappointed.

January 30, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  123. PigBodine

Congratulations!

January 30, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  124. NorCalMojo

Great news . I thought he died years ago.

January 30, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Judy Wood

Good for him. I wish him happiness.

January 30, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Ted C Gegi

Wonder what Sargent Carter would have said upon learning the news...

January 30, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Frank

How touching..

January 30, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  128. New York

She knows nothing - all locked or "notfound".....rest is locked...

January 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  129. heliocracy

Huh...didn't know he was gay (though looking back...), and I didn't know he was still alive. Live and learn.

January 30, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  130. newtonfig

Can we get a 2 hour Gomer Pyle 'made for TV movie' about being gay in the military. please oh please!

Golly Sarge, I dint tell, 'cause you dint ask.

January 30, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  131. donny

yep this o world cant last to much longer.

January 30, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Rose

i just want to see his grey hair....not please whoever this other blogger is stop the fights.

January 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  133. who cares...

he's jim nabors...who cares..

January 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • solex

I am constantly amazed at how many people who don't care waste their time by posting a question about who cares.

January 30, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Bjmartin

Shazam

January 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  135. me

They were gonna get married a few years ago... but if they had, the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy would have forced Carter's hand... Thank God we have a President in office who isn't brain washed, and understands that love is love and did away with that policy! Cracks me up every time I hear/read some ignorant comment from a gay bashing loser... can't help but think how weak they must be to be so scared of two men who love each other...

January 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  136. NanookoftheNorth

So at one time, Jim had himself a hot young firefighter, huh ?
    Maybe the best thing to do "at your age", Jim, would be to ask forgiveness for your lifestyle before you kick the bucket.

January 30, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • randy

On the way to Hell, haters go to the head of the line! Enjoy!

January 30, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • heliocracy

None of your business whether he does or not.

January 30, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aletheya

Ask forgiveness for what? For being the way God (if there is one) created him? Do you understand how illogical that is, even within the bounds of your own narrow beliefs?

January 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • HeyEugene

Umm.....being gay is not a lifestyle any more than being straight is a lifestyle. But I am sure Jim Nabors would forgive your stupidity even if you won't forgive him for being born gay.

January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • henro

He's gonna need a good firefighter where he's headed! Just kidding, but I just couldn't pass that one up!

January 30, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  137. bally

Congratulations to a talented and kind person. Hearing him sing Back Home Again in Indiana at the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race is an annual highlight of that great event.

January 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Belseth

At least there's one happy couple in Hollywood. Funny how they make such a big deal about stars coming out when people like Jody Foster and Jim Nabors were never in the closet they were just private. People deserve their privacy. He's a nice guy and I'm happy for him. We should all be so lucky to be in a stable relationship for 38 years.

January 30, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  139. stop using blogs against each other...

that's another lame thing bloggers do....

January 30, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Robbie

Yea Gomer and friend husband.

January 30, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  141. ax272727

Many more years together in happiness!

January 30, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  142. lance corporal

the average length of the "traditional one man one woman" marriage in the USA is.............. 8 years

maybe gomer and his desire to live his life his way isn't the problem after all???

January 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  143. GonzoG

Well, that puts THAT rumor to rest.

Congratulations and good luck to you, Mr. Nabors!

January 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  144. i don't care..

January 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  145. lance corporal

if you care how someone ELSE loves or has s e x, YOU have the problem

you go gomer

January 30, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Petune

I'm very happy for you Jim, hope you have a happy life together.

January 30, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  147. bergerfry

I got my favorite bacon recipe from watching Gomer Pyle. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on each slice while it's cooking. You'll be glad you did.

January 30, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • heliocracy

Sugar ON bacon!!! That's the best idea I've ever heard. My two favorite foods together at last.

January 30, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • james

try chocolate covered bacon,,,,,yummmm

January 31, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
    • lordnimrond

OH yeah! And I've also added a bit of maple sugar and chipotle pepper powder together too, and rubbed the bacon in THAT before frying it...

So,...SO GOOD!!

January 31, 2013 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  148. Red Dog

I always thought that Goober was gay.

January 30, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • lance corporal

gomer not goober

January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • jthomas

So did I, but I though he died several years ago from kidney failure.

January 30, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • DeAnne

Both "Goober" and "Gomer" are gay, and yes, George Lindsey died some years ago.

January 30, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

@ DeAnne... Get your facts straight. George Lindsey was not gay. Nothing like fouling up the memory of a good man who was married with 2 kids.

January 30, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Sandy Garrett

Congratulations and much happiness to you both!

January 30, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Norm

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

January 30, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  151. RH

Anger comes from fear. Wonder what Bubbles is afraid of.

January 30, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • KellyinCA

The return of Conky. 8)

ObTopic: Congratulations to Jim and Stan! May you have many more wonderful years together!

January 31, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  152. Kelcy

Congratulations to Jim and Stan. One of the happiest weddings I've been to was that of my brother and his husband. 38 years is an accomplishment few couples make these days and you two are a role model that couples can stick together for more than just a few years especially when there are so many things going against you. Again.... Congrats.

January 30, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry Marvin

Thursday, January 31, 2013–8:51 am CST

Morning Kelcy,
      I also have a younger brother who married his companion. They've been married for awhile. So I also want
      to wish Jim Nabors and Stan Cadwallader best wish and plenty of happines.

January 31, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  153. I said 150 million times manly

i have nothing too hide from you when you see me--JUST COME OVER AND ASK--i have nothing to hide.....
    have a great night everyone!!! bye

January 30, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Dave In Owasso

GAAWWLLEE!!

January 30, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Ava Velez

Well, it's about time you got married! Congratulations!

January 30, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Yamadog

Was Sargeant Carter the best man?

January 30, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Ms. Louann Pooby

Just as long as their happy, sadly some straight couples aren't together that long and I'm one of them. Good for Jim and Stan, who gives a flying fig, you can't make someone else happy if you're not happy with yourself.

January 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  158. JAMES ROSIN.

Now is the time for the other million gay actors to come clean.

January 30, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • MOCaseA

Umm...Most people, especially actors, aren't hiding anything. Staying private with your life is far from hiding something. He is a private man who did not attempt to hide anything, as many actors and actresses are. They know that the moment they are put in the limelight any secrets they try to keep hidden become large scandals and mainstream news. He made the best decision in not hiding it, and not making an issue of it, and it has served him for his long, and apparently happy, life.

January 31, 2013 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  159. Jim in Georgia

Surprise Surprise! How nice it is. Congratulations to them both.

January 30, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  160. NaborsFan

Well, Golly!!!

January 30, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Johnjon

he made me laugh when I was a boy................... this story brought a smile to my face. congratulations Jim, you deserve as much happiness as you've brought to others.

January 30, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Big W

Congratulations and thanks for showing your courage to stand up to bigotry that is, unbelievably, still rampant in our society!

January 30, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

What your are mistaking for bigotry is actually a difference of opinion on whether gays should be allowed to marry. Why my views toward gay marriage are aligned with yours, I still believe in the ability to debate all issues including whether or not gays have the right to marry.

January 30, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Breed7

No, actually, it is bigotry. A "difference of opinion" is when you disagree about what color the bridesmaids should wear. If your "opinion" is that others shouldn't have the rights the majority has, or that others shouldn't be given equal protection under the law, then your "opinion" is bigotry.

January 30, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Jitterbug

Who would've thought ol' Gomer would turn out to be a male cougar? Must be nice to be in Hawaii, tho.

January 30, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  164. alpeaston

I'm so happy for them. Amazingly, this makes this couple one of the longest lasting relationship in hollywood history!

January 30, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • bergerfry

Elton John and Bernie are probably very close to that record also.

January 30, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

Elton and Bernie are not a couple. Google it. Elton has been with David Furnish since 1993.

January 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Lonnie

I guess that he wants to insure that the person he loves will get his estate, as they should, rather than family that probably wasn't in his life. It's a good move and I wish them well.

January 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Schroeder

Gawwwwwwly!

January 30, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Linda

Glad you are finally happy. You have been together long enough nobody should care anyway. Stay happy forever. Good luck

January 30, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Dave

Congratulations to a good guy.

January 30, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Momof492320

Of all the comments posted here so far, yours is my favorite. Jim Nabors is a good guy, and you said it so simply. I join you in wishing Jim Nabors the best..

January 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Deb

Congratulations Mr. Nabors! May you and your partner have many more years together!

January 30, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Ben

You should read the article linked to at the top. You can get to it by clicking on the blue text. It is a genuine happy story. It really is wonderful when good things happen to good people.

January 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Sunshine

Sgt Carter died many years ago of a heart attack.

January 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

If they dug him up and told him what happened, he'd have another heart attack.

January 30, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

Fred, how did you come to have that information? Did the actor who played Sgt Carter tell you that before he died? Or are you just using him and attaching your words to his memory so that you can spread your opinion as someone else's.

What a coward.

January 30, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Festus

I'm gonna tell Marshal Dillon. He'll be happy. The marshal and Miss Kitty hooked up a few years back. They now have 4 kids. It's nice when things work out good.

January 30, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Festus

SHAZZZZZAM !

January 30, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Bev

I wonder if Sargent Carter knows about this? I hope he don't yell at poor Private Pyle some more.

January 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  175. V¡xen

Didn't know he was still alive. Good for him...congrats.

January 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sadie

I got to admit, I thought the same thing! Congrats to him and his partner.

January 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Gomer

SHAZAM !

January 30, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Big Al

This is just so romantic.

January 30, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • manycatsonekid

Really, BUBBLES? I think the fact their domestic tranquility has lasted longer than a lot of hetero couples' I know says many things. "GROSS" is NOT one of them. Your comment makes me feel sad for your.

January 30, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drinky Crow

Talk about gross, you should see the mental images that the name "Bubbles" evokes.

Congrats to the couple. I always liked Jim Nabors.

January 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donovan

I had a cow named Bubbles once. She was quite a heifer.

January 30, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Ken

Gabe, what MUST it be like to live with so much hate inside you? You're one sad case.

January 30, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  179. flyonthewall

Bigotry, we need to find a cure for you!!

January 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  180. lance corporal

fortunately there is a cure for you bigots, we are evolving you out of the gene pool

January 30, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Sylvia Vimes

Right after the cure for stupidity. Maybe you can be in the vaccine trials

January 30, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Markojay

Clown....why don't you try tolerance for a change, because someone else's happiness doesn't effect your life what-so-ever.

January 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Jackson

No one forced you to click on it Einstein!

The fact that you felt so compelled to come in and spread your bigotry says way more about you than your words do about the subject at hand.

So, tell me, are you at all able to pinpoint the moment when you so completely lost control of your life that you were unable to avoid things that you didn't like? Perhaps if you did, you might be able to fix yourself before it's too late.

January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  184. GonzoG

Who appointed you qualified to pass judgement.

January 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  185. lance corporal

nah, being gay is just his se xuality, as he indicated no big thing really

being hateful and intolerant of the choices of others...........
    THAT is a sickness

and really WHY would you care???
    I'll never understand that part of it
    unless it's YOUR but he's pumping.... who cares????

January 30, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  186. kelliayne

Probably because you take it there!

January 30, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  187. qqqqqjim

You taking it up the rear dude?

January 30, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  188. El Coyote

I wouldn't of said that, dude.

January 30, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  189. qqqqqjim

But he sure can sing 'Back Home Again in Indiana' at the '500.'

January 30, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  190. cricket

Please do so on you're own time! Your statements tell me you're gay but hiding you're real feelings!

January 30, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Peter

Devoted to each other for 38 years.

Yah, sick isn't it?

Get lost.

January 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Coming Out

I'm coming out of the closet to say......... I'm straight! No big deal saying that you say? No it isn't a big deal. The great thing to look forward to is when gay and lesbian people come out of the closet and nobody thinks it's a big deal. Now that WILL be a big deal.

January 30, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  193. jlorklor

Amen!

January 30, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  194. RD

How bout you just come out of it?

January 30, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  195. lllep

I will not give my 5 year old boy to you, you pervert.

January 30, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  196. BMette

Willie Peter:
    You sound like one of those pathetic people who wish that reality would just go away.
    Ask yourself, why is is that YOU are so challenged or upset or disquieted by what SOMEBODY ELSE does with his or her life? What effect does somebody else's life have on yours? What are you afraid of?

January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Observer

lllep,

Then give your 5-year-old girl to a hetero guy.

January 30, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  198. FishwithLegs

You'll have to get out to make room. Are you ready to come out or are you going to hide in there thinking your god can't see you???

January 30, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  199. LT

Wow – a lot of narrow-minded, self-righteous bigots out there. How sad.

January 30, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  200. tb63

Sheesh. Can't you just be happy for the guy? Relax and have a nice day.

January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  201. florblormlorklor

Happy for him? Happy because of sin and evil? Happy because he is going to hell? Happy for him? No. Sad for him. Sad for America. Sad for you.

January 30, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Ben

Evil? Seriously? All of the atrocities that happen around the world and you call a loving, devoted couple evil? Seriously?

January 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  203. dleee

Yes, I call it evil. God calls it evil. You are a fool if you think it's not evil.

January 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  204. there is no evil

none.

January 30, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  205. bleeklee

No evil? You are a fool.

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  206. tb63

@florblormlorklor And I'm sad for you. Enjoy your smug sense of insurance for the afterlife. I hope you won't be too disappointed. I'm not saying that I know for sure. I don't. But I can tell you with absolute certainty that you don't either. Just try to lighten up a little. Life doesn't have to be such a drag.

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  207. Kevin H

I think there will end up being a lot of surprised people about who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

January 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Lu Ann

Evil?? No evil – happiness, joy, commitment, spending your life with your partner and best friend. Evil? No way!

January 30, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  209. fishwithlegs

Nope, you're the last of the un-evolved. You should go back to the 17th century and give the king a bj.

January 30, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  210. really

If you want to look for evil. Look into the cause of this.

January 30, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  211. Observer

Yep. Care what God thinks. He thinks the "sanct-ty of marriage" is for a virgin to marry her rapist.

He thinks a slave must marry her master if he decides to.

Read the Bible sometime.

January 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  212. rape

stoopid

January 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  213. tb63

"Heaven and Hell are real".

Proof please.

January 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Rape...

i've never seen that mentioned in the bible–can you find it?

January 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  215. BMette

TMcIntyre:
    Your response is hysterical rather than reasonable. If these two guys have been together for 38 years, then why on earth should they NOT marry? By the way, I'm quite sure that God already knows all about them, don't you think?

January 30, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Jessica

Genesis 4:19
    And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Exodus 21:10
    If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

Genesis 35:23-26
    The sons of Leah: Reuben (Jacob's firstborn), Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun. The sons of Rachel: Joseph and Benjamin. The sons of Bilhah, Rachel's servant: Dan and Naphtali. The sons of Zilpah, Leah's servant: Gad and Asher. These were the sons of Jacob who were born to him in Paddan-aram.

So TMcIntyre, your point about bible verses is exactly what pray tell...

So much for "One Man, One Woman".....

January 30, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  217. plumbline

Covenants are for Gods Covenant people who are in relationship with Him. Unbelievers are outside of the grace of God, and according to the Bible, are under condemnaton outside of Christ. So why quote something that applied to the Jewish people only in that dispensation........Are you under Gods covenant, and if so,, which one are you claiming to be under?

Hebrews 8:13
    In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

January 30, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  218. dgPickles

There is no hell other than in your fevered imagination.

Very glad Jim nab ors has lived a happy life as he always seemed to be such a nice man.

January 30, 2013 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  219. lordnimrond

What if we don't believe in your specific definition of "sin" and "evil"? What if we disagree with your viewpoints? What if you have absolutely no influence on how other people live their lives? What if your "sadness" is merely a symptom of the fact that your beliefs are actually wrong?

We all feel sorry for you, because you're actually quite pathetic...

January 31, 2013 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  220. nam

no Bobby, it's you who is the P.I.G.

January 30, 2013 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Observer

Grow up.

January 31, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  222. revelationaroundthecorner

every man will be accountable for their life, and those of you that say what harm is what he does with life, doing to you? the answer is look around and see where our country is now, and where it used to be. we had people with a work ethic, now people wih a desire for the govt to take care of them. We have murder of the unborn, we have no morality and he will answer to his judge, just like everyone else. if you want to look at your creator and explain that one, be my guest, but to explain to him why your physical, perverted desire was partly to blame for the ruin of an entire society he created. have fun with that one. I have enough demons I have to explain. I wouldn

January 31, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  223. Observer

revelationaroundthecorner,

"We have murder of the unborn, we have no morality and he will answer to his judge, just like everyone else"

The Bible supports slavery and discrimination against women and the handicapped. It NEVER mentions abortion.

Read it sometime.

January 31, 2013 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  224. @ revelation

okay, u say murder of children. ppl want to live off the government. u want ppl who cant afford children to keep them. even though u cant afford them we don't want u to "kill" them. yet u don't want them to get government assistance to care for them. yea yea next u say "get a job", stand on your own two feet. yea bc theres so many jobs out there bc of the trickle down effect bulls hit. heres a fyi for you okay? take your revelations to your go d, the biggest murderer of them all. hypocrite !

January 31, 2013 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  225. tasaad

Eating shellfish and pork are evil in God's eyes, according to the Bible.

January 31, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  226. d

@observer...yes it does...read:"Thou shalt not commit murder"

January 31, 2013 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  227. Patrick

Leviticus 25:44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

Exodus 21:20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Genesis 19:33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and r@pes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Genesis 19:8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

1 Timothy 2:11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Matthew 19: (Jesus Speaking) 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for $ ex ual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

1 Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Numbers 31: (Moses Speaking) 15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now ki11 all the boys. And ki11 every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

2 Kings 6:27 The king replied, “If the LORD does not help you, where can I get help for you? From the threshing floor? From the winepress?” 28 Then he asked her, “What’s the matter?”

She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’ 29 So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, ‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.”

January 31, 2013 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  228. Howard

Look, it's time you woke up and smelled the coffee. God didn't write anything; men did. And they wrote it for reasons that weren't always noble.

I highly recommend you check Lewis Black's rif on the Bible and Christians who quote it incessantly. One of his better lines is along the lines of "It's OUR book (Black is Jewish), and you never see any rabbis quoting it, do you?"

January 31, 2013 at 5:07 am | Report abuse |
  229. Sane Person

Wishing a newlywed couple congratulations is very common. I'm amazed that you find it...amazing. Maybe if you stop acting like a 5 year old, you'd find a lot more amazing things in this world.

January 31, 2013 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  230. Fye

They've been together 38 years, but if one of them were to fall ill, the other would have no rights in terms of visiting in a hospital, making decisions, etc. If they were straight, it wouldn't be a problem. Why should they not be given the same rights as a straight couple.

Congrats to Jim Nabors. Anyone who didn't know he was gay had his/her head in the sand.

January 31, 2013 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  231. michael

another bible thumper hiding behind the Good book. try coming up with your own thoughts for a change

January 31, 2013 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  232. Andy

Last I checked, straight people we just as responsible for spreading aids. Are you against their marriages too?

January 31, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  233. krusepjoel

Also, AIDS is not a GAY disease.

January 31, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  234. Nathan

Congrats to Jim Nabors for seeking normative status for his entirely natural acts!

January 31, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  235. goober's pile

surprise, surprise, surprse
    signed, ROCK HUDSON

January 31, 2013 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  236. JD

Kindly take your nonsense mythical babble elsewhere.

January 31, 2013 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  237. Sane Person

Newsflash : The world has had gays in it since..uh, forever. This is not new. The internet, and your ability to publically make yourself look like a fool however, is relatively new. Also, dont fret about biblical horror stories. They are fables. You'd be more rational to fear the impending asteroid in Armageddon.

January 31, 2013 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  238. Observer

hambone,

The sin of Sodom was GREED.

Read a Bible sometime.

January 31, 2013 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  239. John

You left out the part where God later declares all food editable..

January 31, 2013 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  240. Roasted

Well, one good thing about human extinction: No more small-minded bigots like you.

January 31, 2013 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  241. Sane Person

You talk as if gays are advocating that everyone turn gay. They arent. I'm not sure if you simply fail to understand thier desire for equality, or if you think everyone else will be confused by your idiocy.

January 31, 2013 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  242. Carol

then tell straight people to stop having gay babies

January 31, 2013 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  243. Observer

Medician,

Gays and lesbians can reproduce.

Please take a beginner's class in biology or read "Biology for Dummies".

January 31, 2013 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  244. Roasted

@Carol – People (gay or straight) can't stop having gay babies just like you can't stop being ignorant and prejudiced.

January 31, 2013 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  245. Medician

@ Observer: "Gays and lesbians can reproduce"? Not among mammals. This is a genuinely stupid argument.

January 31, 2013 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  246. Medician

Small-minded bigotry & idiocy have nothing to do with it. It's simple logical deduction from a biological standpoint. That's what threw you: the scientific perspective instead of politically-correct, emotional ranting & raving. Oh yeah, I could easily call you flag-waving, bandwagon cheerleaders names as well. Go conform to something, jerks.

January 31, 2013 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  247. zapper

The rest of us are reproducing just fine. Leave them alone.

January 31, 2013 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  248. Observer

Medician,

Gays and lesbians can reproduce. Have you ever heard of artificial insemination? A lesbian could make "the sacrifice" if she wanted to.

Basic biology. "Biology for Dummies" would help. Mankind could continue.

Get an education.

January 31, 2013 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  249. Primewonk

Continuation of a species occurs at the population level, not the individual level.

Being born gay is as natural as being born straight. They are both variants of sèxual orientation.

January 31, 2013 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  250. Observer

John,

Was that the same God who said he is "unchanging"?

January 31, 2013 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  251. Yeoomala

So you don't want gay marriage, but if someone goes and does what they feel they need to do even though it isn't recognized, you're against that too. I'm just wondering how much more intrusive you want government and the church to be in people's lives by stopping them from being together. Obviously you are like many others who have far more hate in your life, than love.

January 31, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  252. david

Well now...if you do something God does not want you to do, you will burn in an eternal fire with unspeakable pain and suffering....but he loves you. Uh huh..yeah. So Mr. Christian, bringer of the insurrections, prosecution of innocents in the name of God and the political bargaining done by God fearing politicians who are busy beating their wives, drugging or handing your freedom to the corporations. What would Jesus do? And you wonder why the aliens in space can't wait to meet us? You silly naive fool.

January 31, 2013 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  253. kp

for a Christian, you are full of an awful lot of hate...i wonder how God will judge that.

January 31, 2013 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  254. matt

if your "god" created everything, is all-good, all-powerful, and all-knowing (by standard definition), why did he create humans to be gay and go against "his nature," only so he could punish them forever and ever? sounds like there's either a flaw in the concept of this god, such things don't exist, or, if s/he does exist, s/he is frankly a bit of a jerk, noit deserving of our admiration and worship.

January 31, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  255. religion craze

move along–hope is goes well for Jim!!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  256. Meh

oh, that reminds me of something that happened to me last week...see, I was in this magical garden and some talking lizard said that it was ok to eat the apple...and somewhere else in the world, god killed ...sorry, I meant DROWNED all men, women, child and animal that wouldnt fit into a boat built by an old man...anything else I forgot?

January 31, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  257. Autumn

The couple's decision to marry, legally or not, has no bearing on your life... keep your opinions to yourself and let them lead their own lives. Everyone interprets the Bible and what God wants differently, but the world doesn't need people like you pushing your interpretations of the Bible and God on everyone else...

January 31, 2013 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  258. geekgirl42

Do you really think you're doing "God's work" by trolling CNN for every GLBT story and then commenting about it? Is that what Jesus would do? Why don't you go out and feed some hungry people or help someone who needs it, like Jesus would do instead of judging people on the comment boards on CNN.

January 31, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  259. Jnail7

Actually, God was never quoted as saying anything about marriage, either way. In fact, technically Adam and Eve conceived out of wedlock as commanded by God. Now, religious leaders on the other hand, seem to say quite a bit on the subject, all vainly claiming that they are speaking "God's word". Too bad they forget that God can speak for himself.

January 31, 2013 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  260. John (not McCain)

Screw your imaginary friends. Hope you're in "heaven" soon.!

January 31, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  261. T.C.

Actually, god doesn't say anything, because he's fictional.

January 31, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  262. lagtat

Hey robert...i hear the westboro baptist church is looking for a few more members.

January 31, 2013 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  263. allen

lol. Sounds like Mr. Grumpy Gills here is jealous. Lemme guess– newly divorced, caught your wife cheating, cant take your rage out on her because she has a restraining order, so you invoke the only thing you have left (god) and go after the gays? Amirite?

January 31, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  264. mo

How do you know what God wants? Are you getting this straight from God, or from what YOUR religeous brainwashing has taught you? If you and God are so close maybe he could reveal the next winning numbers to the powerball to you....

January 31, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  265. SB1790

Hey, the next time you're having a conversation with God and he's in the mood to give direct answers, ask him where my 2001-2007 box of tax returns are. I can't find them. Oh and ask him if it'd be cool to switch the Sabbath to Mondays.

Nut job!

January 31, 2013 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  266. cwater

People don't want to know the truth.

January 31, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  267. i know many truths...i don't care.

doesn't affect me.

January 31, 2013 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  268. Nigel Tuffnel

You are an idiot.

January 31, 2013 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  269. Observer

Commence to GROW UP.

January 31, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  270. Huh!

You seem to know a lot about them. Reality check, Carl.

January 31, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  271. Rock

never forget 'baby batter'

January 31, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  272. Biebs

Man spackle.

January 31, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  273. Southern Bell

That's where you're wrong. God did write the Bible. He told the prophets what to write. Example: There's a place in the book of Joel or Job that tells about what the earth looks like from outer space. It tells about how the earth hangs from nothing (meaning gravity to us). Back then, man didn't have spacecrafts to go up and see this for himself, so how else did he know this? There's only one way possible: God had to have told him. Wise up!

February 7, 2013 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  274. Danny C.

Hmmm. And Jesus wasn't ever mentioned in any of the collected works of the bible until 80 years after his death. But then his name was editted in to writings that had been written hundreds of years before. And the "infallible" word of God has been eddited over 300 times by popes and the College of Cardinals over the years. In fact, in the last few months the current Pope proclaimed Jesus WASN'T born in December, there were no animals present, and it DIDN'T happen in a stable.
    So you aren't following the teachings of God or Jesus Christ, you're following the teachings of their editors.

February 9, 2013 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  275. timelord7202

Assuming, of course, that everyone who translated the Bible never omitted a word, or misinterpreted the language or other words, or never once had ulterior motives to make tiny little tweaks...

February 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |