Tina Turner to become a Swiss citizen
January 25th, 2013

Tina Turner to become a Swiss citizen

After living in Switzerland for nearly two decades, Tina Turner is making preparations to become a Swiss citizen.

The AFP reports that the 73-year-old legend is poised to soon receive Swiss citizenship, and will in turn give back her U.S. citizenship.

As a resident of a town called Kuesnacht in northern Switzerland, Turner has reportedly passed a local civics test as well as an interview. She still awaits approval from the canton of Zurich and federal authorities before she can claim her passport, the AFP says.

"I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here," Turner, who moved there in 1995, has said. "I cannot imagine a better place to live."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Codi Bolinder

Chickens and other egg-laying creatures are widely kept throughout the world, and mass production of chicken eggs is a global industry. In 2009, an estimated 62.1 million metric tons of eggs were produced worldwide from a total laying flock of approximately 6.4 billion hens.;`

Kind thoughts
    <a href="http://www.caramoanpackage.com

April 26, 2013 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. seo

You are my breathing in, I own few blogs and infrequently run out from brand . "Follow your inclinations with due regard to the policeman round the corner." by W. Somerset Maugham. seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 25, 2013 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. Rich Dix

Washed up R&B stars can always find work in Europe.

April 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BAZUKA

leave tina alone–

February 9, 2013 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bazinga

Good for her. U.S is 3rd world and falling fast.

January 30, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Veronica

Phil Collins and Shania Twain have both lived there for years as do other celebrities. Great and beautiful country

January 28, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bob

Tina Turner: Beyond Matterhorn

January 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pliny

Switzerland....the nation that accepted Nazi gold right up until the week before Hitler killed himself.

January 28, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

US...the nation that accepted Nazi scientists (e.g. Wernher von Brown) just after Hitler killed himself

February 9, 2013 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Meh

enjoy the better roads, government, healthcare, and morale.

January 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dick Izinya

The way the U.S. treats black people, I'm surprised more of them don't become Swiss. At least they don't shoot you for walking through "white" neighborhoods in Switzerland.

January 28, 2013 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • James Mahler

Funny and absolutely wrong. More blacks are killed by blacks than by any other race. Not just in America but throughout the world. Also more blacks kill whites than the other way around. Go do your homework.

January 28, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • European are more racist than here

Maybe she realized that she is too old and think she will get better deals there, big mistake, Europeans are more racist than Americans.

January 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tom

all performance because we know what's there–when you see me ask away–don't live off a tool–just ask.

January 28, 2013 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Enjoy Another Filled Day

taxie girl

January 28, 2013 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. enuff with the i'm 45 jokes

lol

January 28, 2013 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. i'm 45

and i have top everything people say because i'm alone again the rest of the week.

January 28, 2013 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mariner II

Someone said that Tina moving to Switzerland equals being a traitor. What a stupid comment. Especially in light of the fact that our politicians are continually betraying us with their BS policies that have the country almost going over the proverbially cliff. There is a reason why Intelligent people are retiring overseas and it ain't just because of the weather. Good for Tina. Most of my friends are moving overseas too and for the same reason. We are tired of getting screwed by the government and we are tired of our politicians not doing their job and taking care of the needs of the people. There is no point to living in any country unless it is worth doing. Why would you live in a country when you are ready to retire that makes it a losing proposition. Retirement is supposed to be a pleasant experience not a miserable experience. In terms of what your money can buy for you, you can live very comfortably for a 1/2 of the cost of living in the US. It is bad enough that people have to put up with all kinds of BS from the government under regular conditions before retirement. At the very least one should be comfortable when one reaches retirement age. If one can't do it here, one should find somewhere else to do it. When you arrive at the retirement age your obligations are to yourself. We all know that people are struggling even at that age to make ends meet and the government has not made it a user friendly proposition for most seniors. That is why many are forced to choose between food and prescriptions for their health issues. If we don't want to loose people to go overseas, there is a simple solution in our "Free Market System". You've got to give people a reason to stay. If you can't do that than you can't play the Patriotism Card because you haven't fulfilled your own obligations to your citizens. In other words if you can't put up, then shut up and let the seniors Rest In Peace, where ever they want to, to be comfortable. I'm not going to be miserable in retirement just to appease somebody's sense of what they are partriotic and neither will you. Especially if it costs you double what it would cost to do it somewhere else. Amen!

January 28, 2013 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • I like to do it on decks overlooking the river

in the ice cold.....yep i do...

January 28, 2013 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Al

Ididt kow she wa broke ndcoulnt buy her perscriptions. Mow i agree with your statement when your on a fixed income, but come on.............

January 28, 2013 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
    • God One Sweetie...

he said he's not using via right now either.......it must be those milky white c's...whatever!!!!! ha.

January 28, 2013 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
    • I didn't

Read ur comment. Too long. Were u writing a book?

January 28, 2013 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Joy to All

have another fun filled weeded, taxed day.

January 28, 2013 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • All family prescripts and taxes

weed away today

January 28, 2013 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Sclabach

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country!" – John Kennedy

January 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • you didn't say that the president did.....

you just blogged what he said.....NOT REAL

January 28, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Common sense

Giving up American citizenship = traitor

January 28, 2013 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Mariner II

So your solution is be stupid and be patriotic? Yea, that's real common sense. It's the worst kind of common sense on the planet. One that uses the concept of patriotism to keep people chained to ridiculous propositions like the one your suggesting. Good luck with that.

January 28, 2013 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
    • I've come too realize

i still love it....

January 28, 2013 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
    • James PDX

What equals being a traitor to your country?
      1. Passing The Patriot Act.
      2. Starting unjustified wars and making the American tax payer fund them.
      3. Helping Wall Street destroy our housing market and walk away with a slap on the wrist.
      4. Etc, etc...
      If your government betrays you, it's not traitorous to leave them behind.

January 28, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. times2

Tina's boyfriend is German and Switzerland is close to the German border plus it's a beautiful country. He may be the reason for her desire to settle in Switzerland.

January 28, 2013 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. ronjayaz

Yes, Tina works so hard that I get tired just watching her. I hope this isnt a run on O'Bama?!

January 28, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  19. Butch Chaz Wife

maryanne too–i'll have a hero with a huge liter of coca cola...keep those cola shots coming....i'm in real deep.

January 27, 2013 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Not Tina Turner too...

3 sundae's please and keep them coming...

January 27, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Rorke

Sorry to see her turn over her U.S. Citizenship; she is truly an American product and American treasure. She had better skip the desserts, though. She was incomparable when she was younger and fit. Absolutely incomparable.

January 28, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  21. SKY

WE HAD THE BEST OF TINA TURNER. NOW IN THE ELDERLY YEARS-AND NOT THINKING PROPERLY...UNDER MAN CONTROL...WITH HER MONEY...SHE MAKES THE MISTAKE OF HER LIFE.....U.S.A WE THE PEOPLE...

January 27, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'm still here....

Good times and bum times, I've seen them all and, my dear,
      I'm still here!
      Gold statue sometimes,
      Sometimes a kick-in-the-rear, but I'm here
      Now one day you're hailed for blazing trails
      Next you're nailed for fingernails
      Either they cheer or they jeer, but I'm here
      I've heard them say song writing, acting, producing,
      What makes her think that she can? Or better yet song writing, acting, producing
      What does she think, she's a man?
      One day a Tony, Tuesday you're top of the Bill
      So I'm here!
      Wednesday you're phony, Thursday you're over the hill
      But I'm here!
      Now I've kept my clothes and kept me space
      I've kept my nose to spite my face
      Still once you say you won't
      Keep your place loud and clear
      Once you announce you're directing all you hear is...
      Everybody says don't, everybody says don't
      Everybody says don't, it isn't right!
      Don't, it isn't nice!
      Everybody says don't, everybody says...
      Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter,
      Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter,
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
      Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to, If someone takes a spill,
      it's me and not you,
      Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade,
      I'm gonna live and live NOW!
      Get what I want, I know how!
      One roll for the whole shebang!
      One throw that bell will go clang,
      Eye on the target and wham,
      One shot, one gun shot and bam!
      Hey, look at me world, here I am...
      I'll march my band out, I'll beat my drum,
      And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir,
      At least I didn't fake it, hat, sir,
      I guess I didn't make it
      Get ready for me life, 'cause I'm a-comin'
      I simply gotta march, my heart's a-drummin'
      Nobody, no, nobody, is gonna rain on my parade!

January 27, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • @7:32

Too much time on your hands.

January 27, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tells

maryanne was trap home....4567 trap cell......still reading cd recordings.

January 27, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. lroy

Guess as a African American woman, she did not vote for Obama. See, not everyone likes America. Switzerland is beautiful but they get more snow than we do. I should know i did a report on the country once for school (oh, the horrors of THAT one). I hope she passes. After all she doesn't have Ike to torture her anymore.

January 27, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tina's song is good for the seniors..lol

will do this ending...

January 27, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. people..

no way...your gutter rats...

January 27, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Permission for archive

06-09

January 27, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  27. manodano

YOU GO GIRL! I don't blame Tina Turner in the least for giving up her citizenship. I am an American, born and raised all over the USA. I loved what the USA stood for and was the main reason I served in the Marines. Yet servicing in the military really opened my eyes to some of the really crappy things the leadership (or lack thereof) has done to other countries. I plan to give up my citizenship as well when I retire. Not because I don't love my countrty, but because my country doesn't love me or any military service member. US Leadership always talks about supporting our troops, but doing it requires work. And most elected officials Dem, Rep, and Indep. are all alike....say whatever they can to get elected and throw out ethics, morals, etc when it contradicts getting re-elected. And I love the Middle East, lived there for over 7 years. Less than 1% are nut jobs...less than the hard core nut jobs here in the USA.

January 27, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • u love the middle east

Until one of the nutjob kidnap and behead your stupid a55 or a member of your family. I think I'll take a chance with the nutjobs here in the u.s.a. at least I might have a good chance of dying with my head on my shoulders

January 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • BlankMane

Good on you and your absolutely right! Bless you for what youve done for us.....

January 27, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. called karin a ho already

talked to the mgr of acys and got her in...in a couple of weeks she will accuse her of wrecking her marriage...

minimal contact is the BEST BUSINESS COURSE OF ACTION.

January 27, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  29. The Joint

January 27, 2013 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  30. SKY

AND i WILL NEVER PLAY HER MUSIC IN MY HOME.....WE THE PEOPLE..USA...NO COUNTRY WILL EVER COMPARE
    TO....I'VE TRAVELED ALL OVER MANY LANDS....AND I TELL YOU WHEN I VISITED OTHER COUNTRY I WANT TO
    KISS THE GROUND OF U.S.A.. THE BEST.....ITS A INSULT TO ME TO HEAR, AND KNOW SOMEONE BORN HERE
    WANT TO GIVE UP CITIZENSHIP ...KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.....

January 27, 2013 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Christian Champagne

Boy you should lame with that "we the people" nonsense! Have you ever been to switzerland by any chance? Can you spot it on the world map mister yankie?

January 27, 2013 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
    • "WE ARE THE PEOPLE"

DID YOU GET THAT? "WE ARE THE PEOPLE"

January 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • archive

06-09 review asap–

January 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Typical ugly American! Shouts his head off and speaks for all of us. What are the chances this jerk is a GOP-T-partier?

January 27, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Z

I too have been all over the world. One of those places was Switzerland. I love the USA and agree that it is a better place to live than 95%+ countries. Switzerland is not one of those places. It is not perfect, but it's pretty close...

January 27, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

My grandmother went to Switzerland, brought back two genuine Swiss outfits for my brother and I. Unfortunately they no longer fit...obviously as we were very young. They are now framed in a shadow box. She also brought back chocolate but wasn't allowed to eat it because it was filled with brandy.

January 27, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. SKY

FACT: WE THE PEOPLE....U.S.A. GIVE THIS UP FOR SOMETHING ELSE...ONLY A FOOL WOULD....
    HE STRONGEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.....WE THE PEOPLE1

January 27, 2013 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  32. GOTCHA ELEPHANT EARS.....

your never miss an opportunity to look like a fool.

January 26, 2013 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Is common law over?

thank god i kept those recordings of the show.

January 26, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Crooze-glued to ip

still on phones right? gotta feel sorry for the boyfriend..you don't need too do dam thing girlfriend...
    agreed...don't sell yourself short for that lonely blogger.

January 26, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Dave

i am an elephant ears...i can't stop...what's wrong with me....is there something wrong with me?
    people don't like me...i have a beetch who sings like a canary about me....what's wrong with me?

January 26, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. hey

where is everybody...hahahaha

January 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jojo

weird.

January 26, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Rhonda

Why don't you just ask Tina why she is changing her citizenship? All this talk about taxes, "corrupt America", is bull. She has lived there 17 years and her choice may be strictly because she has grown to love Switzerland and feels an allegiance to it – nothing to do with complaints about her original homeland.

January 26, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mm

Turner has been married to a German music exec for more than 25 years. He is base out of Geman-speaking Zurich. That is a long time..that is her home now.

January 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mm

January 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elephant Ears

business as usual

January 26, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • localhost

I'm impressed that she can speak Swiss German well enough to pass the interview. Viel Gluck! Tchus!

January 26, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

She could also keep her US citizenship and still be a Swiss citizen. There IS such a thing as duel citizenship, you know. But why Switzerland when there are so many other countries to choose from.

January 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Thinks2010

Love Tina. She's one of the greatest performers of all time.

I'm sorry to lose her as a U.S. citizen, but I understand her decision.

While I would never give up my U.S. citizenship, Switzerland is the second ranked of only three countries for which I would ever possibly consider doing so.

January 26, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  40. GulpOff

Tina definitely gets proper respect overseas – seems to me more and more Americans are giving America a bad name. Or, is it just CNN's sliding quality of journalism ?

January 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • RP

What one thing has to do with the other???
      You must be one of those who never been oversees and think that everywhere is a bad place to reside or build a home!

January 26, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. GulpOff

You go girl:-)

January 26, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ARE WE READY

let's go make up some stories for the SLY DIVA...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

January 26, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  43. now she's delusional about being a diva..

baaaawaaahhhaaaa

January 26, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. we have it.

thank you...let's go make fun of tina now.

January 26, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  45. papa can you hear me?

can you hear me papa? yes you can....

January 26, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  46. Sadie

Tina Turner was a really good entertainer. She really rocked the stage when she preformed. She has lived in Switzerland for 17 years now. I think she can retire any where in the world she chooses. Who wouldn't like to be able to do that when they are older? You have to do what makes you happy, right?

January 26, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • She's 45 right?

hello?

January 26, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Can you read?

She's 73! I think that is considered retirement age.

January 26, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • The old fart we know

is 45....tina is very much alive.

January 26, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Ike

Yes you can live anywhere, but how becoming citizen of a country (?) makes you happier? Especially her, born in the US. I actually never liked her...she has some very good songs...but deep deep didn't like her...and now?..an American icon gives up the citizenship is ridiculous....

January 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ike

May be she needs Medicaid...having a white boyfriend 16 years younger requires a lot of commitment ;-) ...

January 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh!

If she is going to live there, why would she want to pay taxes here? Yes, she would give up her citizenship, but who's business is it but hers? That is a personal choice, don't you think?

January 26, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  47. The mic didn't work well this morning...

It was 2 eggs over easy...you need adjust it.

January 26, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  48. Conair

yep it was a conair

January 26, 2013 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  49. Judy

She only gets to be a citizen there because she's rich. If anyone else wanted to they wouldn't even let them have a chance.

January 26, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul

You're wrong with that. She had to pass the same citizenship test and the same interview every single person who wants to become swiss citizen has to pass. There is a whole list of immigrants from other countries who passed at the same time. You can look at it here:

The reason why swiss citizenship isn't easy to get is simple: You get the right to vote about more or less every law that gets newly imposed or changed.

January 27, 2013 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

I heard about the rich having these Swiss accounts (mainly to avoid paying taxes).

January 27, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. not sure about that...

i'm singing into a brush right now.

January 26, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jason Glugla

Frak with all the rest of you, you will stay where you are and the only things which will be allowed to move are your jobs.

January 26, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  52. Werner rebsamen

Thanks Sheila – that was just the topic I wanted to write about – double taxation!
    I'm a Swiss (now also a U.S. citizen) living in New Hampshire. The Swiss never do ask us for double taxation.
    Instead, the Swiss ambassador came into town and treated all of us Swiss to a great dinner, Swiss music and yodeling included! All compliments of the Swiss government.

January 26, 2013 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  53. Bob Kebic

You haven't seen nothing yet! US will become a new France as Washington is determined to destroy the Dollar with their insane policies.

January 26, 2013 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  54. St. John

I have loved Tina Turner from the first time they came to American Bandstand. I was on the show in the 1962/63 period out of Philly and they had an autograph bar and instead of getting her name on a picture I opt out to talk with her as I did with the five major star's every Saturday we filmed the show. And out of all the entertianers I found her to be so real and warm and really taked to me...not at me....I got to hold her hand...it was great then and the memory will always live with me....Gods speed dear "Lady"

January 26, 2013 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • genia

What a beautiful way of putting your experience with Tina. So intelligent and talented she is. She is a child of the world not just one country. Isn't it nice that she went beyond her beginnigs here and grew to maybe find a happier home.Good for her.

January 26, 2013 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. I love me

yes i do

January 26, 2013 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  56. SheilaKA

Why not? The USA has a regressive system that taxes Americans even when they are taxed in their country of residence...making them pay income tax in both places. I don't know of any other country that does that to its citizens. I'm surprised she's put up with it this long. Tina Turner has lived in Switzerland for many years. Obviously, she's decided to live out her days there. It makes sense to make the move complete by becoming a citizen.

January 25, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamela

Hi SheikaKA,
      I lived abroad for a while in Switzerland and yes, we paid US taxes. It wasn't double taxation as the Swiss did not tax us. My husband is Swiss by birth and a naturalized, US citizen.

January 26, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • adamk4000

Actually the Swiss taxes are much higher. But they have social benefits including health care that probably outweigh the added tax for an elderly person.

January 26, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • the mic didn't work we this morning...

it was 2 eggs over easy

January 26, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  57. KSE

I would too, if I could. She has made a great income all over the world. Highly recognized as a great singer and show person. Should check out her Tina in Rio dvd – tore it up! She's smart -Ike couldn't reach her in Europe was my thought.. Switzerland is a great system and from a small tiny town she probably loves the villages in Switzerland. She has my respect and vote. I wonder if she skii's?

January 25, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Doesn't pay to move....

you'll hear from nigeria...good weekend too all

January 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  59. dyannne

She's lived in Switzerland for 20 years. She likes it. Why not become a citizen? The USA is not the only nice place in the world, ya know. There are lots of great countries. So many people here are brainwashed into believing this is the best. Well, I don't think so. It's getting harder and harder to make a decent living here. The 1 or 2 percent own almost everything and want more. They want us to not have health care or jobs. So what's wrong with moving somewhere else? I would if i could.

January 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Ike

Traitor...followed Gerard depardieu that French playboy ;-)

January 25, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  61. here is another GOT YOU fernace

care fone just -another fake
    money email we responded to...stage left...fake
    crashed computer–

anything else

January 25, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  62. David

How is it that many african americans when they become rich and famours they also change color?

January 25, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

She realized just as many dark skin celebrities realized that it's more acceptable to be light skin. Also, she probably had some self-hate issues. Alot of dark skin celebrities are experincing that too. White people would never understand that.

January 25, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • divaD

OMG! When I saw this comment I laughed out loud... I'm black, 42 years-old and my coloring from when I was a child to teenage years, twenties and now forties has changed many times over the years. I was pretty fair as a child, then darker as a teen due to outside sports like tennis, and now fairer because tend to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen. However, living in California I can definitely see a difference in my skin tone in winter and summer months. Tina Turner, living in a climate that rarely gets into 80 degrees fahrenheit and is pretty much cloudy all year, would more than likely have a lighter skin tone than when living in California or Tennessee; especially after almost 20 years. Besides, if you look at her coloring over the years it really isn't that much lighter...

January 26, 2013 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • @david

You should have that checked out. You may be a lizard. Changing skin color like that is not human. Hope you find a good doctor for your lizard condition. Good luck

January 26, 2013 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • excuse me

Above comment was for "divaD" and not David. Still, check out that skin changing condition, ok?

January 26, 2013 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Maria

They became rich and famous and decide to leave the Country who made them rich ,I called her l a traitor ......after Americans made her rich she forgot were she come from! she didn't became famous there ,she became famous here !

January 26, 2013 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • wise

Like Micheal Jordan, Earvin "Majic" Johnson, Sean "Diddy" Comb, Shawn"J-Z" Carter, Bob Johnson, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Wiiliam Henry "Bill Cosby" Jr., Don King, ...etc.

January 26, 2013 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • vealadydiva

Because, David, we African Americans have been disrespected and vilified for so long that some have chosen
      not to idenify as AA. And this is the very short answer.

January 26, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • IT WAS 2 EGGS OVER EASY...

NOT PANCAKES....ADJUST THE MIC...DUH

January 26, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • @11:41

Ooooooo just shut up already with that. You people are nonstop with that bs. You keep bringing the crap up. Shut up and move pass it. Don't live in the past. Move forward and be happy. You can do that right, or, are you just a bitter person that you can't let anything go? Bet your bf is banging your bff bc you are annoying.

January 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • vonsdy1

For the record, Tina is like most black people in America a mix of white and black and sometimes Native American. She is in fact about 30-33% or somewhere around there white with some Native American so her skin color is right on and about the same if you look at old pictures.......she never has been dark skinned. Plus as someone said, the climate is a factor as well; however black people do tan and are lighter in the winter than summer just like everyone else.

January 29, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  63. that isssss the truth...

heck after almost 3 years...its pretty nice to be 'wanted" all the time.

January 25, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Marin Moron

i have a hit song coming to me in a few hours.....goodbye

January 25, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. eg

thanks dave...lets keep being gay a secret.

January 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. help who?

what are you talking about.

January 25, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  67. metalhead65

in other words I have milked the U.S. for all I can for all it's opportunities to be rich and famous and can ride off into the sunset since I have not been relevant since the 80's. as for the mayor of her hometown don't hold your breath on her helping out any time soon.

January 25, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  68. noyourdumb

photo shoot party was true–mostly fone tears and car convo's fake. your messing with broadway...
    some sadness sure...but we aint moving...bye bye....haaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

remember: mass confusion expert.

January 25, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Smarterthanu

Tax breaks, health care, low crime, why the f not!!!

January 25, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  70. V¡xen

I saw that movie as well. I always liked her. Great singer with a strong spirit.

January 25, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Ike

was mentally abusive and she took every inch of his abuse until 1 day she finally left him and became one of the most famous women in america....i love you tina...your the best

January 25, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  72. tina

had no happiness and had and awful abusive life with ike....thank goodness she woke and and walked.
    good for you tina! your the best

January 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  73. tina-hard life

was a mentally abused woman married to Ike, no self esteem, unhappy and basically was slapped around by ike all the time...she finally had the guts to walk away and to me she is one of the strongest women the world...the best to tina.

January 25, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Chaz

A loss for the US. I saw the Ike and Tina Revue and Tina was astounding. Nobody, not even James Brown worked harder than Tina.

January 25, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  75. DaGenius

Are you that desperate, money problems?

January 28, 2013 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |