It’s a good week to be J.J. Abrams
January 25th, 2013

It’s a good week to be J.J. Abrams

There might be a few different droids in J.J. Abrams' future.

In addition to reportedly signing on to direct “Star Wars Episode VII,” the “Star Trek” director will also have a presence on the small screen with a new sci-fi pilot.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Fox has ordered Abrams’ untitled buddy cop show about police officers who are partnered with highly evolved androids.

“Fringe” executive producer J.H. Wyman will write and executive produce the series, which is set in a near future, THR reports.

Despite Abrams telling Entertainment Weekly in November that he turned down the opportunity to direct the next installment of “Star Wars,” the publication has confirmed The Wrap's report that he will, in fact, helm the anticipated film.

Filed under: movies • Star Wars • television

1. Ariel Zaccagnini

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

July 14, 2013 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. 19 YEARS...T YOUR OWN PATH..STUPID LOGIC...FULL OF EXCUSES AND STILL THE BOFF IS NOT RIGHT

June 21, 2013 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. 19 YEARS---THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED AND THAT IS THAT...

HI CAN YOU APPROVE MY VOUCER FOR HAND JOB PLEASE AROUND MIDNIGHT PLEASE...

June 21, 2013 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. 6000mah行動電源

the way in which they go in regards to the organizing approach. Damian has turned to SM to get back manage of his 6000mah行動電源 http://www.powerbankland.com

June 21, 2013 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. please i cannot watch this anymore

its a huge bitterness that's appears worse.

January 28, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bassmaster22

Awesome how hollywood has run out of ideas. I can't wait to see the move landscape 60 years from now when it's all star wars, star trek, spiderman, batman and superman re-re-reboots.

Come on. Are there really no knew ideas left?
    I'll pass on more star wars.

January 28, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. justin

Awesome, here comes a great movie with a terrible ending.

January 28, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. OMGilove justinbieber

Great for jj abrahms hes a great choice for the new star wars movie in 2015, although he is directing the star trek trilogy he might quit on star trek he's a bigger fan of star wars than star trek so good luck Abrams..

January 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. 2 phat phucks of hollywood

weed away...

January 28, 2013 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Archive of 06-09

permission granted.

January 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. i have issues with people taking my blog out, blogs going out into space

correction: janine corrected

WITHOUT my permission so that means someone is in my ip address...i have a connection at cnn that is most helpful and sends me current blogs every single day when i'm feeling left out.

January 27, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. i have issues with people taking my blog out, blogs going out into space

with my permission so that means someone is in my ip address...i have a connection at cnn that is most helpful and sends me current blogs every single day when i'm feeling left out.

January 27, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. We have the original blogs from today

Take Care

January 26, 2013 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Steve

Hell yeah if the new Star Wars is anything like Super 8 it should be a computer generated suck fest! I cant wait to see it in the theaters and be thoroughly disappointed! Let me guess: it will have eye popping computer graphics combine with absolutely terrible acting from no name chumps who cling to a sub par story!

January 26, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • kyleinaction

The story is hardly the directors job, and Star Wars never had academy award winning acting to begin with. I think you're romanticizing the past a bit. If nothing else, Abrams could direct this every day on 1 hour of sleep and still turd out a better movie than Episode I.

January 26, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. hi everyone...

these blogs are so funny today..i'm have a ball...thank you.

January 26, 2013 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  16. i told you

you can lense flair but only my best side...–

January 26, 2013 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. Itsamemario

I wonder if abrams is gonna have all that lense flare hes so fond of..

January 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Peter Griffin

He looks like a skinny young/middle-aged Kurt Russel.

January 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. TriumphTheInsultComicDog

I'm just hoping the new Star Wars movie doesn't completely s**t on the original trilogy.

January 25, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Somehow, I think JJ is going to bring more to the next trilogy then George Lucas did to Episodes I,II, III and VI (yes, Jedi was terrible as well. Ewoks killing stormtroopers, seriously?)

January 26, 2013 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

Dan sadly I just don't share your optimism. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

January 26, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Alvarez

Speaking of s**t this photo of JJ would be much more interesting with a large brown trout protruding from his mouth.

January 26, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • somebody terminated me again..

baaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

January 26, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mind reader

I was just going to say, I suppose you aren't Alvarez, too. Then, magically, there he is (notice posting in black, Triumph). Busy boy, jumping from your computer to your cell. Exhausting! Do you sometimes forget who you are posting as?

January 26, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • ????

Are you going to be at the premiere to do your famous "interviews" with the fans like you did with the other Star Wars movie premieres?

January 26, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@ Mind reader: You couldn't be more wrong about me. You see whether you believe it or not the absolute truth is this is the only username I use on here. Go ahead try to trace ip addresses. See if they match up. If you can you'll see that I tell no lies.

January 27, 2013 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@Alvarez You're right a brown trout from the mouth would be an improvement. He could also have a couple of stink nuggets poking out of his nostrils. And just so you know and your not confused, @Mind reader is falsely accusing me of posting as others on here and accusing me of being you. I am NOT doing any such thing. My apologies for your name being drug into this lunacy.

January 27, 2013 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
    • TriumphTheInsultComicDog

@???? Unlikely since they won't let me fling my turds at the cast or any crew members.

January 27, 2013 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  20. i'm feeling a furnace and tingle right now..

true that.

January 25, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Furnace

I was surprised (in a good way) to see that Coleman would join the cast of The Walking Dead. I have recently been re-watching HBO’s The Wire, finishing up Season 3 of 5. Anyways, Coleman really gave some depth of character in his Dennis “Cutty” Wise. Anyone that has not seen the Wire, should. Even though soem of the technology they deal with in the Wire is sorta dated 8 years after it was filmed, I tell you the drama sure does remain relavent–It’d be relevent in Ancient Rome as much as modern America.

January 25, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Emily

This sounds dum. A dum shoe.

January 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |