Fans rally to save 'Apt. 23'
January 23rd, 2013

Fans rally to save 'Apt. 23'

Will the b-- be back?

To be sure, it wasn't exactly a surprise when it was announced on Tuesday that ABC was pulling "Don't Trust the B-- in Apt. 23" from their schedule (the network won't use the "canceled" word).

The writing seemed to be on the wall when the show was recently taken out of the Sunday lineup along with "Happy Endings" due to abysmal ratings.

Still, the reaction on social media was pretty intense when James Van Der Beek confirmed the worst, adding, "And please, no bashing ABC. While I’m sure no one there will tell you they think they nailed it when it came to programming us this year, you’ve got to give them props for ever picking us up in the first place. They tried for something new and edgy, and I respect them for it."

On Twitter, Helen Wheels called it "one of my all time faves! so freaking funny," and Drew Manis declared, "Booooo ABC."

Jennifer Ray praised the fact that it was "so out of the Box and not a cookie cutter show," and Craig Collin tweeted, "Hopefully now we get to flash back one week to learn how #Apt23 getting cancelled was all part of Chloe's master plan to save #Apt23."

Over on BuzzFeed, they've listed nine solid reasons why the show should be saved, including the reason that "there's no other character like Chloe on TV."

One fan immediately created a Facebook page, "Save Don't Trust the B-- in Apt. 23," which quickly surpassed 1000 likes on Tuesday. The page also received the endorsement of Van Der Beek and the "B--" herself, Krysten Ritter.

The hope seems to be that ABC might still save it in time for the May upfronts. It's certainly not unheard of, with shows like "Rules of Engagement" and "Breaking In" getting renewals after the last minute in recent years.

Another scenario fans might pull for would be to see Fox - whose "Ben and Kate" and "The Mindy Project" have thus far fallen short of expectations - pick up the show next season. (Fox's 20th Television produces "Don't Trust The B--.")

In the meantime, members of the cast have said their goodbyes, in case this really is goodbye. "Beyond grateful for two seasons to be proud of on #Apt23," tweeted Dreama Walker, a.k.a. "June." "Thanks for all of your love and support."

Michael Blaiklock, whose pervert in the building next door spent most of his time behind a window, tweeted that he "Couldn't have asked to work with a greater bunch."

But it's Ray Ford's Luther ("Van Der Beek's" assistant on the show) whose one-liners we may miss most of all. Ford tweeted, "#apt23 had two seasons of fun and now onward! I will miss the hell out of this cast though."

Do you hope the show will come back (along with the eight un-aired episodes)? Would you like to see that "Dawson's Creek" reunion finally happen (Joshua Jackson recently told CNN he was on board with the idea)? Let us know on video, or in the comments.

1. Sallome

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your website is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you've on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched all over the place and just couldn't come across. What an ideal website. Sallome http://alittledoseoflaughter.tumblr.com

February 11, 2013 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. wow.

the show doesn't have to be seen there...we can see it on another network.

January 24, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Erin

I love this show and will miss it dearly. Admittedly I did not enjoy the humor of season one as much but ABC generally produces the best shows and my family and I gave it another shot. I think the character dynamics and development were great this year, it improved trifold! I think James Van der Beek as himself was a novel idea and there is not another character like Chloe on network tv. I think if this show was given its full 2nd season to air the following would have grown. Come on, Rules of Engagement stunk when it first came out and it was renewed, there are many successful shows that started out shaky. I would have liked to see the rest of the season at the very least. We do NOT need another reality, dancing, bachelor, musical drama on in Primetime, come on, more and more of my family's tv watching is moving towards Cable channel programs and Netflicks. Maybe TBS should pick Apt 23 up like it did Cougar Town. I'd watch it over there.

January 24, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. g2-ae1a4e391149019bf56d8d7e79d63055

Since the day a couple months ago when I came across the two female stars of the show filming near Grand Central Station in New York I had a feeling their days were numbered. The dark-haired one (I've watched the show a few times but don't know names) was rude and unfriendly and actually made fun of the excited reactions of people stopping to take pics of them on the street. I was one of them and I remember thinking, "Wow, one day you'll wish you were generating this type of excitement again." I haven't watched the show since. I don't wish them ill but I couldn't care less if it's canceled. Next time be a little more gracious B–ch!

January 24, 2013 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dave

I think the show is great. Comedic timing is the best.

January 23, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CaptainObvious

The show is brilliant, and Van Der Beek is hysterical. PLEASE don't cancel it. GCB didn't get a chance to grow, now Apt. 23? What the heck people. Do we really need more episodes of the Bachelor?

January 23, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. I'm 45

oh well i guess i'll watch wheel of fortune and see what the "g" lady is up too.

January 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

Stupid show. Basically unwatchable.

January 23, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mail Call

yeppers -

January 23, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. James

The show is brilliant – the writing excellent. Can't they move it to Friday and dump Malibu Country?

January 23, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bunda

Nobodys is going away-we have huge audience watching the show.....bb views.thanks!

January 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Abbey

I really like this show and Happy Endings – I hope they both don't go away!

January 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sage

i care...yes i do! yeppers!

January 23, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Elaine

Who cares?

January 23, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boo

Apparently you cared enough to read the article and comment...nothing better to do with yourself today?

January 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |