January 16th, 2013

Sir Elton and David Furnish welcome another son

Sir Elton John is now the proud dad of two.

He and David Furnish welcomed a baby boy on January 11, the legendary musician confirmed on his website.

Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John arrived in Los Angeles via surrogate that Friday evening, weighing in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces.

The couple, who wed in 2005, are also parents to two-year-old Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, and they told Hello! magazine that they've always wanted Zachary to have a sibling.

"Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable," John and Furnish said in a joint statement. "The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. LastoftheZucchiniFlowers

Sir Elton looks so tired but Furnish looking quite spry! I wish them luck. The most critical ingredient in a child's life is LOVE and ATTENTION from their parent(s) and I hope this generation of kids gets what they need from their LGBT moms and dads. Some day these 'stories' will not be news at all. I suspect that will be a good thing for civilization.

January 13, 2014 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Meh

yeah yeah, 2 guys bought a child...wahoo
    Pretty soon, you'll be able to buy kids at Walmart

January 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sal

Idiots!

January 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hmmm

To everyone worried about how the kids will turn out with 2 dads – or two moms, for that matter ... I ask you to research the following and see their parents (mom/dad, dad/dad, mom/mom) ...

– John Wayne Gacy
    – Jeffrey Dahmer
    – Ted Bundy
    – Charles Manson
    – Timothy McVeigh
    – Adam Lanza (you don't have to bother looking him up – it's been widely proven that his parents are mom/dad)

Congrats to Sir Elton and his partner – their children are lucky to have loving parents, regardless of each one's respective gender.

January 17, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. i love Elton and his husband...

i'm so happy they are doing this...best of luck to both and their 2 children

January 17, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. lois

WAKE UP! YOU are what is wrong with the world today

January 17, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. tantrums

good luck elton.

January 17, 2013 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. Gosh

Just disgusting.

January 16, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. runnergirl

I saw a hour long interview with Elton and David after they adopted Zachary, it was quite interesting. They seem like couple that fully embrace parenting. Congratulations with their newest arrival.

January 16, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lovingrhonda

Leave it to the ignorant to try to steal people's joy by trash-talking and hating on each other because of diversity intolerance. Wow! All most of these comments merit is a "WOW." Congrats Elton and David.

January 16, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Derek

Let's take a moment and consider these poor children. Do they even have a change a what 98% of us would consider a normal life?

January 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • straightguy

Derek – When you get your weekly supply of helium to blow up your plastic girlfriends, do you leave your 14 cats with your mother upstairs, or do you just leave them alone for a while.

January 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • runnergirl

Nighty eight percent of children brought up in the world do not have a "normal life". If they are loved and nurtured, can you get past that it is by 2 men that are able to raise them and give them financial security? I am okay with that, I wouldn't have been with Elton 30 years ago.

January 16, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

No, never going to have a normal life, but the best life ever

January 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. BostonSteve

Can sir Elton even get an erection anymore? He has got to be one of the creepiest looking people I have ever seen.

January 16, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. True and don't forget...

they are a healthy couple.

January 16, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jody

How fantastic! Always such a joy to hear a good story – and so happy to hear that Elton and his husband are growing their loving family; because, after all, the core family value worldwide is love. Congratulations, guys! :)

January 16, 2013 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peter Bishop

Really points out the foolishness of the whole gays with children silliness

January 16, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. yea

and that's why everyone is going tonight to get away from you! ha

January 16, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mary

This guy is too da... old to be having children...
    Good grief..It is hard enough to loose a parent when you are an adult.. My child lost his father when he was little and it was devastating..
    How selfish can a person get?
    I guess having money trumps "all" the rules ?

January 16, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I agree.

January 16, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

Who says he can't live to 85+? Those kids will be 20+. Who says a 30 year old father can't die tomorrow? They will love those kids and without question have the means to support them. Should you be as outraged at a 20 year old couple that has a child and barely scrapes by?

January 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

Jealous?

January 17, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  18. Just Shut Up

The thing is haters........they did not seek your approval or ask for you opinion on this because they do need nor care what you think!!! It's not up to the world to abide by your beliefs. Did you ask them if it was ok for you to marry your spouse, have children,etc? No, you did not and for the same reasons – you would never let people dictate your own life. So why on earth do you think you get to? Why does everyone think they have to throw their opinion out of every single issue, story, etc. Get a life people and get out of theirs, ours, and everyone elses!! Geez!!! Also, why would you read stories on things you do not approve of just you can post your hate and OPINIONS? That is all they are – your own personal opinions. This does not make it law or the rule for the whole world. It does however make you pathetic and sad.

January 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • two cents

This is an opinion board and people are free to share theirs. While I strongly support gay marriage and adoption by any people who are financially, physically, educationally and emotionally prepared to become parents, I also agree that adopting at such an advanced age by Mr. John borders on less-than-responsible. I hope they both remain energetic and functional through age 18 of their kids. Their deck is stacked unfavorably, unfortunately.

January 16, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jen

God is very angry!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the problem with Americans. NOONE FEARS GOD!!!!!!!! Noone reads the bible or prays or follows the bible. So sad!!!!!!!! A lot of people are not choosing God heaven. God gives everyone a choice. I am so thankful that I choose to FEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God for saving me!!!!!!!1

January 16, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • hawkechik

The last time I looked Sir Elton was British.

January 16, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • vidal808

You are so full of it man. Read the bible, the King James Version – and ask yourself why God is mad?? He has bigger things to fry then worry about Sir Elton John,s having 2 sons.

January 16, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not Insane Like You

Jen, it's clear that you are insane. Do you even have the faintest idea what you're saying? You claim God is angry? First, how on Earth do YOU know what your deity thinks of a couple of gay English guys? Are you that special? Did your God TELL you? If so, you are experiencing auditory hallucinations and may be suffering from schizophrenia, Second, Elton John and his husband are British, so your comment about the "problem with Americans" is completely irrelevant. Third, you actually say that you are THANKFUL that you FEAR God. What sane person would actually ENJOY fearing their deity? Then, amazingly, you go on to THANK your deity for your fear. You are without a doubt mentally unstable, and should seek professional help.

January 16, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

Oh no, please don't get your imaginary friend (who loves me very much) to beat me up, smite my children, and turn my motherland into a hellhole!

January 16, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • WaitWhat?

Did you wear out your !!!!!! key ? It didn't r eally help your mindless point. Must be fun living in fear. I believe in alot of things that I cannot see. However, I don't think God gets angry or lets face it..... alot of your priests would be dead already.

January 16, 2013 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Which NOONE are we referring to... Peter or Peggy? Please be more specific.

January 31, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jim38

It will be safe to say that child will be wearing diapers till he is 18

January 16, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. GAPeach

You do have to wonder how kids do that grow up with two gay men and/or two lesbians. Oh well, their kids will have all materials things they need and Elton can afford therapy.

January 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Probably the same way kids born to abusive trailer-trash parents deal with life.

January 16, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anastasia Beaverhausen

Statistically, children of gay parents fare the same as children born to hetero parents.

January 16, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • two cents

Peachy, since all gay people are born to hetero parents, what does that say??

Parents are supposed to model love, responsibility and important skill sets. It doesn't matter if they are two women, two men or are single parents. Nobody shags in front of their kids anyway. What exactly are you worried about? What kind of miraculous parenting have you been practicing?

January 16, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. svscnn

Is it just me, or is Elton looking a lot like Ozzy with a haircut these days? Same hippy shades and everything.

January 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. svscnn

So which one of them was the unfortunate "female" who had to go through labor?

January 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Never ever be brainwashed by a person like that

be you....

January 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lady Gaga

is such a trouble maker...and not popular by most right now...iin the end...Madonna always wins...remember that.

puppet or not.....madonna is number 1.

January 16, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. they are the best couple i've ever seen

the handful of marrieds i know are ltotal train wreck...

January 16, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Dave254

A SECOND kid? After Elton named Lady Gaga as Godmother to the first one?! Yeah, there's a phuqing great idea.

January 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bookenz

My parents were older when they adopted me, in their 50s. They were wonderful, loving parents, but there was a huge generation gap that caused problems, and they were unable to be as active with me as younger parents would be. There are pros and cons to having older parents, but I will still lucky to get them.

January 16, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Puzzle doesn't fit does it gaga...that is because

MADONNA IS NUMBER 1

January 16, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Joe

It's just SICK!............

January 16, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Malph

It's child abuse.

January 16, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • jms58

Could you be the sick one? Those kids will have more than 99% of the rest of the world has and probably will be treated better. Yes it is you .

January 16, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. its not alter ego

ITS TRUTH–best luck to my sweet sweet elton.

January 16, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Altar egotist

Congratulations, guys! All the best to you and yours!

January 16, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  33. who knows...

maybe he's in love..in a sick, mean hatred sort of way.

January 16, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Teamski

I am getting used to gay parents but I will NEVER understand the need to have kids when you are in your 60's. I think that is a far bigger issue than being gay. Most likely, Elton will not physically or mentally be attending his kid's highschool graduation.

January 16, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. anyway you slice this

kanye and kim are 1/2 inch alike....

January 16, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Analystgirl

They couldn't do any worst than my own "mother" and "father". At least they WANT the children! I only wish Elton would get off the dime and stop dissing Madonna...what got his panties in a knot anyway? Why does he get so UGLY over her? He shows a really sad side of himself when he makes his nasty comments. It puts him in a bad light.

January 16, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Me

These two will be better parents than Kim Kardasian and Kanye West – that's for sure!

January 16, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. michael g

sad for the children. one parent is a messed up old junkie and the other is a money hound snob. poor children. at least they will get a nice inheritance but is it worth it dont know. growing up with two gay fathers just does not seem right. im sure many will argue that they can still receive love and affection and safety from both parents but it just does not sit right with me...bringing a child into this world with no mother. seems a bit selfish to me. maybe if the men are both gay they should just accept that their life stye does not suit parenthood. just saying.

January 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really????

Just saying?

You mean just snarking.

I feel sorry for you – you sound bitter and full of hate and prejudice. Evolve!

January 16, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • george washington

There are a lot of orphan children in the world who need adoptive parents.

Would your views of the Furnish-John family change if Mr. Furnish and Mr. John had gone out and adopted an already-existing child rather than paying a surrogate to create a new one?

January 16, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • alperry

yep seems selfish to me!!!!

January 16, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Be quiet

last night...socializing drinks..laughing that was it....

January 16, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  40. andreachaim

a parent is who raises the child. i am so happy for these guys. normal kids can come from gay parents, just as gay kids have come from normal parents, [ or were they normal]

January 16, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mr. Hand

So who's butt did it come out of?

January 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  42. roy

Which one was pregnant?

January 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  43. david's home its 4pm

whisky fun?

January 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Grim

I am a Dem and yet even I never agreed with this situation. Children should (when possible) have the life influence from a mother and father, it is nature's perfect balance. I have always loved Elton John's music from when I was a child but this isn't right. What I would like to know is which is the biological father? You can only use one, so was the previous child from one guy's semen and the recent child from the other?
    I am sure when the child learns they have no mother because their "dads" don't like women, etc, it will hurt their feelings although they will pretend it doesn't to save face. Humans do it all the time, we pretend something doesn't bother us even when it does. And as others have said older people should stop being selfish just because they can afford to do so and not have children they might not be around to raise. I am 44 my son is 19.

January 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • bcshepard

Eltons biatch is playing it smart by making sure there is a child or 2 in there to pull his money when elton croaks. Thats all its about.

January 16, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

I am in total agreement with you. Raising a child with two MEN sleeping together is absolutely sickening. I, too, love Elton's music but that's where I dry the line with him. His personal behavior of choice in this lifetime is 100% unacceptable.

January 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lotus

I'm bothered by children raised by abusive parents. I'm bothered by children raised in homes witnessing their parents' infidelity. I am bothered by children being taught to hate by parents that are unwillingly to accept those who are different.

January 16, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob Smith

There is a growing body of evidence suggesting that adult children raised by gay parents face relationship and gender confusion issues. The most recent paper was published in a French journal. We have a long known that normal child development requires a mom and a dad.

January 16, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob Barker

who cares about tradition anymore..please

January 16, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

Being a dem doesn't make your prejudiced and frankly dumb views on gay parents any more valid. There really is no perfect natural balance that is created by having a mother and a father. In reality, parenthood is painful and difficult. The imagined 1950's stereotype of a mother/father/kids family is just that: a stereotype. There is no real reason to believe that a mother and a father are any more capable of raising a child than two fathers.

January 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

Also, Bob Smith, B.S..

January 16, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jane

Old Guys dis is a sin

January 16, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Susan

I had no idea that Elton John was pregnant! He carried it well.....

January 16, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  47. abdul naswabu

daa this world is lyk area of devils.plz respect your GOD

January 16, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

I'm so sorry! Which one, though? I get threatened by so many of peoples' imaginary friends that I'm starting to lose track. What does your imaginary friend demand of me, praytell? Is he one of the one who demands a child sacrifice otherwise the nearby volcano will explode? Or the type to demand worship and praise or else he will send me to die in a burning pit of lava forever?

January 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. BALONEY

get with the times...all the best to elton and david

January 16, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike P.

I, among millions of others, will NOT get with the times in you are referencing here. Gay behavior is and always will be a dysfunctional, per-verse behavior.

Gays are the ones who need to get back to the times where man and woman marry, have kids and raise families. What Elton is doing, and all others who sleep with the same gender and exposing it to our innocent children, is proving to all that this world is truly on its last leg.

January 16, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Timewilltellu1

Imagine this scenario times millions of gay couples and how that will play out over time. Get with the times with that!

January 16, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. You took my comment out....

but always remember its on the original kay?

January 16, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. KGJM

Ever notice that people telling you that you have to be tolerant, are not very tolerant of your viewpoint?

"I am going to change my opinion on the LGBT lifestyle because of a comment on an article about gay Famous Music guy" – said no one, ever...

Good luck and God bless the new baby, and his family. MY church and MY beliefs do not agree with what they are doing, but I also am sane enough to realize that not everyone shares MY church and MY beliefs. Nor am I so egotistical as to believe *I* have the right church and right beliefs.

All I ask is that people STOP ridiculing others' beliefs – regardless of how old-fashioned, or prejudiced, or judgmental they seem. This is still America, and we can believe how we wish – it is ONLY when you act on those beliefs in a disriminatory fashion that you are committing a crime ... so haters can hate, and hate seems to be going both ways in this thread.

January 16, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Can't you see the twins without

hacking in?

January 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cnnlicksit

Last time I checked, 2 men cant have a baby!?

January 16, 2013 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  53. excellent idea...

thanks!

January 16, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  54. felony is a beetch isn't it?

get lost

January 16, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Crying Foul

So who is the Dastard here. Father or Son?

January 16, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. David P

It's not their orientation I take issue with. It's their age. Elton John MIGHT live to see his kids finish grade school. His partner MIGHT live to see them graduate college. I realize that discrimination has kept these two from being able to enjoy parenthood in their youth, but they should simply accept that they are like elderly slaves who got freed in 1865 and that the fruits of their efforts to make life better for GLBT people will have to be enjoyed by the next generation. This isn't something to be commended. This is the ultimate act of selfishness.

January 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another Voice

I have to agree with you. I was almost 50 when my mother died and it was shattering. I may well have to bury my father before I turn 60 and the thought is frightening. I can't imagine how lost I would have been growing up without their support and advice through the years. We don't just need our parents when we are little kids, we need them throughout our lives, and it seems very unfair to have a child, knowing that you are going to deprive them of the support they will need in the future.

It is horrible when a child loses a parent due to an accident. Somehow this just seems worse, since the parents must KNOW that it is almost certain they will die when the children are still very young.

January 16, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  57. FajitaBob

They try to make it sound like one of them actually gave birth to the kid.

January 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

How sad that the child will not have a stable home of both a mother AND a father. A child should be created out of love between a husband (male) and a wife (female). Anything else is a sin...not the child but the gay adults. And that goes for Rosie too.

January 16, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Hand

They're doing wonders with anal canal births nowadays.

January 16, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  58. i hate desperate people

i truly do.....All the Best to David & Family

January 16, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Candace

Disgusting!!! These guys will be both DEAD by the time the kid is 15-20. Terrible decision, this shouldn't be allowed. (way to old!!)

January 16, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Wow

And conservative evangelicals keep saying that gay people can't procreate. These 2 have proven them wrong all the way. Good going fellas. 2 loving dads is better than none.

January 16, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phyllislynn

What a stupid comment. Really? Which one of them actually gave birth? Seems to me they couldn't accomplish this without a third person ...A WOMAN!

January 16, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natural Biology

Which one of them carried the baby? Neither – then "they" DIDN'T HAVE a baby. Nature's laws don't change. Some would like you to think it's natural, but........ And while I'm sure the money there will ensure the kid is taken care of, it was very selfish for two guys that age.

January 16, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

It is impossible because two males cannot procreate (neither can two females). And using a surrogate is the same as treating a woman as a baby-making machine to be used solely so they can be "parents". It is not only disgusting, it is a terrible sin.

January 16, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • snowdogg

"And conservative evangelicals keep saying that gay people can't procreate."

Actually they didn't. A woman was involved.

January 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Not hacked in anymore...

where did you skook marm?

January 16, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Desperate1

she is shielded from 7 ... and her vision will get less and less soon....

see a doc.

January 16, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ca2011

Nothing better than seeing a proud mother. You go girl!

January 16, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Who listens or pays attention to you...

none of us..find the other 4 .....you never will....

January 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Ashamed of the US

Only single females on welfare should be allowed to have children. It's the American way.

January 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Gerald

Why is it you can sell a child, but you can't sell a liver or a kidney?

January 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • ACB

What makes you think they " bought" a child? Just like anyone else, the child was conceived, carried, and born, with typical costs of pregancy along the way. Do you even understand the process they used to become parents – its called Gestational Surrogacy – google it. There was no adoption or "sale" involved.

January 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

That child was not conceived out of love (as in a marriage), but for financial gain for SOMEONE.

January 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Michael, Chapel Hill

What a SHAME?!!!!!

January 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. too bad david is gay...

he is soooo handsome.

January 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  69. newguy

Strange enough 2 guys "having" a baby but these 2 had a grandchild!

January 16, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  70. werthrough

Ooooh, lemme guess, Davey gave birth "naturally"!

January 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Kenny

I didn't know he was pregnant.

January 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  72. they are weathy

yay

January 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  73. MWStpaul

Creepy

January 16, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mb

I just think too old – they are 50 and 65 years old. Not fair to children I think.

January 16, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. the best new all day...

congrats david, elton and the 2.

January 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Sokman

Do gay guys pee sitting down?

January 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Tim620

Congratulations to the couple and their new born son!

January 16, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  78. TheAntiChrist

Son. Yes daddy. Go get my depends. HUH?

January 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. sunflower2

Gee... I hope Elton gets to see him graduate high school....

January 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Bunions

These children were wanted and are loved. I do think, however, these guys should have adopted a child who really needed a home.

January 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  81. some of you bloggers live your lives through tools

NOT GOOD.

January 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  82. truth doesn't bother me...desperation does...

since Marvid is going to turn 50 she recieved a check from parents 70K which i think the 1 press knows...
    it was received because she is simply a good son...marvid's father is not hurting either....

end the laughter and roars from the audiience...kay?

January 16, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  83. art

To a z I'am praying for you departure also , all bigots should be dead and burried.

January 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. peaches

They are rich.. Regardless of age they can hire a babysitter.. The child is in no way in danger.. Over population is over rated.. Dont be mad at the gaycouple because they can afford children.. Be angry at the millions who are broke and are baby machines.. Im not a fan of elton john but congrat to him and his husband for the new baby!

January 16, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Barry

Happy for them and the name Elijah is the coolest name, must have borrowed it from Cher.
    I don't know why people have to be negative and nasty with comments on everything includes these.

January 16, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  86. me

I used to idolize Elton... then I met all his boy-toys in Atlanta. Just another dirty old man.

January 16, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Shawn

Poor kids..

January 16, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • mb2010a

They are most certainly not going to be "poor kids". They are going to be living in a castle and rich beyond their wildest dreams...

January 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Wow

Freaks!

January 16, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Helen

I've been a fan of Elton's since age 8 or 9 ( 1973-74) and he has never disappointed me. He just continues so evolve, contribute and astound. Congratulations!

January 16, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  90. David looks so happy....

i'm so happy for this couple and hope it all works out with the boys

January 16, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  91. 35k for a basement...

30K for a new attic is hardly bought cash for someone who is poor.

get a life...and see someone...

January 16, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ronnie

The ignorance of some people astounds me. I'm using the word ignorance meaning unimformed. I was married for 15 years. My wife and I had 3 children. We were happy but eventually grew apart mostly because my job took me out of the country for weeks on end sometimes. AFTER we divorced I moved on to who I was siince childhood. I'm gay and my partner and I have been together for 32 years. So, gay people can and do procreate. None of my children or grandchildren are gay.

January 16, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlaskaGirl01

Ronnie – you are AWESOME!!!! "?" is spewing IGNORANCE!! Everyone....every single person wants to be LOVED..no matter what!!! :)

January 16, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  93. desperado 1

we have funds.–

January 16, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  94. dulcimer172

Everyone hates the gay guy.

No-one cares that he has become a father at 65 years old.

January 16, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJMG

The important thing? A child will be loved.

January 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Age has nothing to do with it, because even if Elton WAS married to a female, biologically he can have a child for another 15 years.

January 16, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Anytime 2 for u

back soon...

January 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  96. you will never be happy like this couple is...

congrats...

January 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  97. H2O

Who's the Mama?

January 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  98. waaaa!

I'm gay. Everyone should love me.

January 16, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. cho

He better have Bernie's name in the next one's! :)

January 16, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  100. chuck

yay! a kid finds a good home..! Congrats!

January 16, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  101. READ and HEAR

Thats beautiful news!

January 16, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  102. Stan

Usually I troll, but I like ol Elton. He is a great performer. Been putting out good songs and having great shows for a long long time. Good for them.

January 16, 2013 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  103. Dave

That will be one super lucky kid.

January 16, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  104. Jeff

Cool ! Good for them ! I wish they would have adopted me. They got lots and lots of money.

January 16, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  105. Dudes

i need my elton–after baby–back in the studio! dig!

January 16, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  106. Congrats to Elton...

we a need a new cd dude...where have you been?

January 16, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  107. Rick

Sorry Elton, you are WAY too old for this. If you folks were told any non-celebrity was having a child at 65 you'd surely say they were irresponsible.

January 16, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  108. this is a happy couple...

stop being jealous of them..lord.

January 16, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  109. JGN

'Kids in the company of perverts'? Well since Elton's kids are NOT in fact in your company they should be safe from commentators like you.

January 16, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • i didn't say anything...

all i said was...its their business, they seem serious and i don't see the end of the world here....

January 16, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  110. Elton and his husband are serious

people...they know what they are doing..

January 16, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  111. hey

Elton also has a very good looking husband...why not have kids with him!

January 16, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  112. all the best

to Elton and his family.

January 16, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  113. Bonnie

Congratulations to 2 wonderful people !

January 16, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  114. they are a very happy couple...

who cares.

January 16, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  115. backwards

Wow are people in this country really still this backwards? Get over it... Im gay and I adopted two boys....

January 16, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  116. does it really matter?

no it doesn't.

January 16, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  117. Gregarious hamster

I'm gay and I still cringe at Elton John having babies. He's crazy!

January 16, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  118. Josephine1

Both sons have names used in Elton's hit songs!

January 16, 2013 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  119. Louisa

I grew up in a family of too many children because at the time there was no birth control. From a young age I knew I was not wanted and just another burden. These children will have a wonderful life of love and plenty of money. How can anyone say this is wrong? I am very happy for this family and I wish them all the best.

January 16, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • lisa

i agree with you totally. more power to them. they can afford children and im sure they will be good to them. when they pass away also...these kids will never want for anything. i cant believe the terrible comments people put on here. its very sad that people are so full of hate.

January 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Canada

ummm.... ok. If you are mentally unable to have kids, you shouldn't.

January 16, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  121. linda

It amazes me how stupid these comments are. Just because they are gay does not mean their children will be. Where do you think most gays come from, straight couples. I am delighted for them. Their children will never go hunger or be homeless. Congratulations to you both!!!!

January 16, 2013 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • AlaskaGirl01

Well said Linda!! :o)

January 16, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Shock

Whoa this is a first, a sensible comment!! Yay for the world there are sane people after all :)

January 16, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • great job Elton and David

best of luck

January 16, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Bee3

I agree with you Linda. Best wishes to them and their sons. It seems to me like it is okay to have children if you are straight older stars buy not gay stars. For example: Connie Chung(49) & Maury Povich (56); Cheryl Tiegs (52); Matt Lauer (49); Michael Douglas (56); Warren Beatty (63) & Annette Bening(42). Elton & David can provide for their sons' future should something happen. No child is guaranteed to be raised until adulthood by their parents. Tragedy can happen to any one, at any age, taking one or both parents from them.

January 16, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  122. suzie2013

Congratulations !

January 16, 2013 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  123. asdf

really perverted our times.

January 16, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  124. JerrySandusky

they should move to KY

January 16, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  125. AlaskaGirl01

You are EXTREMELY ignorant....they are providing what a PERCENTAGE of family's DON'T/WON'T/CAN'T provide to two little ones!!!

January 16, 2013 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  126. Robin McV

Ed...you an idiot.

January 16, 2013 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  127. Boo

No....your comment is DISGUSTING.

January 16, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  128. Slednek222

Alaska Girl, you're the one who's ignorant. If they wanted to help give needy kids homes they would adopt, not use a surrogate. They are contributing to overpopulation and going against nature. Don't you think if gays were supposed to reproduce evolution or god would have made them able to?? It's called cleaning the gene pool, survival of the fittest.

January 16, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  129. GRS62

What makes them perverts?

January 16, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  130. good one

January 16, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  131. Paul

How did you come to that conclusion?

January 16, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  132. stupidgatecrasher

yours

January 16, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  133. i love their relationship

they are soooo happy...

January 16, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  134. RZ70

And intolerance. There's a lot of that in the world today too, and that's an even bigger problem.

January 16, 2013 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  135. they are not there... only 1 bitter fool

at kool

January 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  136. ak1979

Moron

January 16, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  137. ak1979

someone needs to clean your gene pool. your filter is clogged.

January 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  138. indianagal516

you're an idiot...what about straight couples who can't have children and people who can have children but abuse them....is that God's will too???

January 16, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  139. clearsight

First off, no "God" designed humanity. And you should know that, considering that you referenced "survival of the fittest." I laugh when I hear people talk about what "nature intended." First off, nature isn't anthropomorphic. IT DOESN'T HAVE A WILL. IT DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING. Now that that's out of the way, secondly, if that is your line of logic, nature also intended us to have very short lifespans.

January 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  140. wade4040

I wonder how easily a couple of straight burger flippers living in a trailer park could support a kid. What's your point?

January 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  141. mb2010a

Not strange at all. The child they are adopting will have a wonderful life and be richer than most parents ever dreamed of being. The child is blessed for having two people that will love him as their own and provide him and his brother with everything they need. I would say the child is incredibly lucky...

January 16, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Bee3

Their son was not adopted, he was born using a surrogate. Gay and Lesbians are not perverts. The perverts walk among us everyday and you are unaware. They are the child molesters that prey on our children.

January 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Craig RB

That's really a very dumb thing to say not to mention narrow minded & superficial.

January 16, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  144. WAKE UP!

Uhh, penises up in colons? Total filth!

January 16, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |