Jodie Foster puts it out there, 'loud and proud'
January 13th, 2013

Jodie Foster puts it out there, 'loud and proud'

Those in the audience at the Golden Globes whipped out handkerchiefs as Jodie Foster gave an emotional and moving speech while accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award.

Foster gave fair warning that a big announcement was coming, warming up viewers by saying, "While I'm here being all confessional, I guess I have a sudden urge to say something that I've never been able to air in public, a declaration that I'm a little nervous about, but maybe not as nervous as my publicist right now ... I'm just going to put it out there, right, loud and proud."

Of course, after a tease like that, Foster went on to say that she was single.

But in actuality, she continued, "I hope that you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming out speech tonight. I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago, back in the stone age ... When a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends, and family and co-workers, and then gradually and proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met."

Yet these days, she went on, "I'm told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and primetime reality show."

"You guys might be surprised, but I am not 'Honey Boo Boo Child,'" she said. "I'm sorry, that's just not me. It never was, and it never will be. But please don’t cry, because my reality show would be so boring."

In more seriousness, Foster explained, "if you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler, if you had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe then you too might value privacy above all else. Privacy. Some day, in the future, people will look back and remember how beautiful it once was. I have given everything up there from the time that I was three years old - that's reality show enough, don't you think?"

That said, she moved toward the conclusion of her acceptance speech by saying she couldn't stand there without acknowledging her "heroic co-parent and ex-partner in love but righteous soul sister in life ... most beloved BFF of 20 years," Cydney Bernard.

"I am so proud of our modern family, our amazing sons," Foster said. "And boys, in case you didn’t know it, this song, like all of this, this song is for you."

Filed under: Awards Season • Golden Globes

1. TIPS FOR HACKERS--

1. make sure she is not connected too the greatest technology in the united states of America.
    2. make sure she is not capable of tracking ip addresses
    3. make sure the person does not deal with equipment that is number 2 in the country next too ncis.
    4. your not my boyfriend.
    5. make sure she does not have a nosey reporter cousin in the California area.

October 18, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SKY

FACT: EVERY MALE ON EARTH HAVE SAID IN THEIR HEART, THAT MAN IS HANDSOME...
    EVERY WOMEN ON EARTH HAVE SAID WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN....
    WE ALL HAVE THESE DESIRES...THE DESIRES ARE NATURAL...
    AS CHRISTIANS THEY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.....MAN WITH WOMEN....
    SOME DESIRES ARE SO STRONG..ITS A CONSTANT INTER FIGHT TO SUPPRESS...
    AS I READ THIS BIBLE, I LEARN THAT GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE HOWEVER CERTAIN
    CONDUCT HE DOES DISLIKE.....FOR EXAMPLE FORNICATION BUT 70% OF CHRISTIANS
    ARE DOING THIS....SO WHO CAN THROW A STONE FIRST?
    IF YOU ARE FOR GOD THEN YOU LISTEN TO HIM....
    IF YOU ARE NOT FOR GOD THEN DON'T LISTEN.....
    BUT TO JUDGE....NEVER....

June 17, 2013 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. I

do not know any of these women....thanks.

March 5, 2013 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. I

do no know any of these women....thanks.

March 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Geico--The Slob Was On

my policy was cancelled because of this hacker problem...i forgot too give the new number too geico...so now i had too give them the new credit number which now i have too change because the new number is online....

March 5, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. christine

She is a wonderful woman.
    I wish her well.

February 11, 2013 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. So...

she's gay?

February 8, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joel-B

WOW !!! Well really, I'm not suprised ... One more "OBAMANATION", one more nail in the coffin of this once great country !!

February 7, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. NOZEY 155

nothing is ever hopeless....

February 6, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. John Hinckley

OMG, you mean it was a hopeless case all along? I've wasted my life.

February 6, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Peter Q Wolfe

We have never lived in a christian ntion nor ever have or ever will because that would be against the founding fathers of this country. We are a ceremonial deist nation that is evident with the separation of church an state or thDanbury Conference with Jefferson himself. I'm also gay and so what business of yous who I sleep with? Leave me alone with your bigotry of love of wars, over population, death penalty, Tuskegee Experiments, slaavery, racism, etc that are all imoral and the difference of wealthy vs poo is appalling that isn't christian either.

February 5, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ixion

I had a big crush on her in the 90s. I find it funny that I always unknowingly go after woman that I could never have.. In any event, Being gay is becoming more and more acceptable now. It no longer rises to the level of being something that people need to share with the world in unrelated events. Gay is normal for some and has a critical mass of society that no longer sees it as a taboo thing, so, yeah, it is time to get past having to " come out " and just recognize that it is here and normal.

February 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Trash and Bash

Jodie is still here....

January 28, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pvt. Snafu

Well, Now There's ONE MORE GIRL that I can't ask out, for whatever reason.....

SHEESH!

January 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pvt. Snafu, Again...

Maybe I should just go south of the Border, with Greaseman, and have him pick up for us some UGLY WOMEN!

Nahhhh...I wouldn't know whether to blame Montezuma's Revenge or THAT, for my guts doing the somersaults...
      Maybe I better stay here!

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!

January 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gotcha

the best....

January 27, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. fantasy problem

me too.

January 26, 2013 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. Marie Red

shhhhh

January 26, 2013 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Dan Green

The left is naive and foolish, and the right are religious nuts. Sensible people are stuck with nowhere to go.

I don't care if Jodie Foster is gay, or married to a woman, or raises kids, as long as she's not abusing them, and they looked pretty happy sitting in the audience. Jodie Foster being gay does nothing to lower or raise the deficit, help bring jobs here, make us energy independent, etc, etc. I may not get it, or even be completely comfortable with it, but by this time, you'd have to be pretty foolish not to realize the being gay is genetic, so let's move on already and work on things that really matter.

I'm tired of Democrats trying to make the world a better place while spending us of our existence, and I'm tired of the right infusing religion into politics. If you want to have your beliefs, that's fine, but wearing it on your sleeve is why people flock to Obama. There are many sensible and fiscally-sound gay people that feel they have no choice but to vote for an Obama.

January 26, 2013 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. Pliny

I respect Jodie Foster.

She has not become a 'celebrity'.

She is talented.

She stands by her friends even when they do stupid things (Mel Gibson).

January 18, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Jamie

wrong bc you said so. i say yer wrong. so who right? stfu

January 22, 2013 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

No, im not God, He says so... whens the last time youve read the word of God, physically opened a Bible, oh, and of course theres this little thing called anatomy, MEN AND WOMEN fit together because thats the way its supposed to be. MEN AND WOMEN have children together because thats the way its supposed to be. its unbelievable to me how people waltz around in this era flaunting thier sins, wearing them like a badge of honor instead of repenting. THATS UP TO YOU! YOU ALONE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER ONE DAY AT JUDGEMENT. my work here is done. P.s. CNN, YOU ARE LIARS. YOUR SO FAR INTO obama POCKET AND ONE WORLD AGENDA ITS DISGUSTING YOU SELL OUTS, THANK GOD SOME RATIONAL PEOPLE EXIST STILL THAT ARE NOT THE SINNING DRONES POSTING THIER PRAISE TO JODIE

January 22, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • CelestialOne

And the only ones the angels saved from Sodom and Gomorrah were Lot and his family. They were 'the holy ones'. Lot's wife turned in a pillar of salt by disobeying the angel's command. And the two daughters did naughty things with the father. And these were ' the holy ones'. Good grief...It really makes you to wonder what the rest of the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were really doing if Lot and his family are the only ones saved.

January 23, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • clearsight

Jamie, I'm sorry, but there is no god. You're living your life based on a bunch of fairy tales, and it's sad. It's also sad that you are not even living how Jesus the philosopher would have you live, instead you are using christianity as a way to feel superior to others and judge them.

People believing in fairy tales (like you) are a major reason the human species has been set back so far. Fairy tales like... Sodom and Gamorrah(sp?). I truly hope you don't actually get your moral values from the "bible," because then you would be a vile, violent, vengeful human being.

January 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Amazing...

how great she looks for her age–jodie has been around a loooooong time and knows the hollywood game very well.

January 18, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  21. DDS

pretty smile too right?

January 18, 2013 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  22. maggie kin

my boyfriend said we find it interesting how lesbian's like jodie are girlie looking yet.straight women act like butches....
    strange .. what's that about.

January 18, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. JuSie

Gay? I knew it.

January 18, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  24. WE HAVE PROBLEMS HERE TODAY

JODIE LOOKS GOOD FOR A WOMAN IN HER 50'S AND HAS PERKY BREASTS FOR A LESBIAN

LET'S MESS WITH HER LIFE TODAY............P;

January 17, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. cindy

"Jodie Foster was here, I still am, and I want to be seen, to be understood deeply and to be not so very lonely. Thank you, all of you, for the company."

She's had an awful lot to deal with in her life. She's done the best she can to have a full, real, life while protecting herself from the over-exposure juggernaut that she never agreed to.

I'm angry at her too for not coming out 20 years ago. It would have helped many people. But she didn't. And now lesbians and gays feel much safer in society. And maybe that's why she felt she could come out publicly. Not everyone has the strength to 'put themselves out there'. Not everyone feels safe enough.

She deserves compassion and, yes Jodie, you deserve to be not so very lonely. I hope life opens up a little more for you, because despite all that advantages one may havein life, love is precious, necessary, elusive, and it is very very hard to live without it.

"peace"

January 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

Cindy, don't be mad at Jodi. I mean really? Who didn't know she was gay?? And who's business is it anyway?

January 18, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie MJ.

she's gay? you have to be kidding...

January 18, 2013 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • cindy

Deborah, You're not gay, you didn't grow up in the 80's and you don't get it. So why comment about things you have no clue about?

January 18, 2013 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jodie looks amazing for a woman in her 50's

and that gown wow!

January 17, 2013 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  27. some dude

I'm glad she kind of thumbed her nose at the people who believe that if you don't wear it on your sleeve or on a ball cap that you are somehow not gay enough.

January 17, 2013 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  28. monzobee

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa marron

January 17, 2013 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. melanietoulouse

We admire you, we respect you and we love you, Jodie! Pretty, intelligent, cultivated, talented, classy, francophile and francophone, yesss!!!

January 17, 2013 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Old Shoe

Jodie dear, if you really love your privacy, don't make any more movies or TV appearances and let your name recognition and celebrity status drop. Publicity and privacy are mutually exclusive.

January 16, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  31. LJ

How brave to sort of come out. Yawn.

January 15, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. A tequila on me!

January 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. I agree...

a tequila at the whiskey!

January 15, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. julespdx

I watched her entire speech. It seemed to me that people's tears were in reaction to her comments about her Mom...something this article doesn't even mention. What she had to say about and to her Mom was really touching.

January 15, 2013 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • HN

Just like Paul Newman, I respect them as actors but don't care to hear the whining about privacy. You can quit anytime you want.

January 15, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anthonyh

Yawn! With everything going down these days this is what is important?

January 15, 2013 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  36. janet doe

RIGHT TO PRIVACY IN HER PRIVATE LIFE – maybe if we all focused on that aspect of her speech rather than the rest, this world would be a lot better off. Seriously, why does anyone have to declare their personal choices unless they want to declare them. Seems like she felt she had to make a statement rather than continue to uphold her right to personal privacy.

January 15, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  37. Dee

Meh

January 15, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  38. RandyKC

Love Jodi. This might improve my chances of her being my girlfriend. We have one more thing in common. We both like girls!

January 15, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  39. Mark in Atlanta

I think Jodi Foster is pretty awesome. She is a great actress and has indeed, despite her high profile job, lived her life with what sems from the outside like a lot of dignity. In those two respects, talent and dignity, she is different than pretty much any "reality" star you can name. If she wants to take the occassion of receiving a career achievment award to say something she felt was important for her to say, more power to her. Love ya, Jody. Please make more movies.

January 15, 2013 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  40. Syd

You want a real, honest,. private life? Quit. And get a job that doesn't pay you seven figures for six months of "work" playing make-believe.

January 15, 2013 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete Henderson

Acting is not "work?" How little you know, Syd. The acting profession is like an iceberg. Most of the effort involved is invisible. Things like auditions, learning lines, script meetings, costume fittings, rehearsals, publicity shoots, interviews and on and on can take up most of an actor's time. Acting for a living is a hazardous goal where only a small fraction of aspirants make the grade. As in professional sports the rewards can be huge but only those with exceptional ability are cosen to reap the huge rewards that are attainable.

If you think acting is not "work," why don't you try it? Your comment reeks of Sour Grapes.

January 15, 2013 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Ace7

Amen!...Cry about your lack of privacy all the way to the bank.

January 15, 2013 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete Henderson

Acting is not "work?" How little you know, Syd. The acting profession is like an iceberg. Most of the effort involved is invisible. Things like auditions, learning lines, script meetings, costume fittings, rehearsals, publicity shoots, interviews and on and on can take up most of an actor's time. Acting for a living is a hazardous goal where only a small fraction of aspirants make the grade. As in professional sports the rewards can be huge but only those with exceptional ability are chosen to reap the huge rewards that are attainable.

January 15, 2013 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Friendly

Believe it or not, that is how she concluded her speech. She would like to put a hold on acting and take on work to make the world a better place, even if it's just a small change (I'm paraphrasing here).

So, I think you'll agree, kudos to her!

January 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

You don't have a clue, do you Sydney? Now, just head on off to your stocking job at Walmart before you're late and you get docked fifty cents. And keep telling yourself you have a "real" job.

January 16, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mr. loophole

And to think that she was born to straight parents and she is still clueless about the meaning of life!

January 15, 2013 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  42. priscilla

and this is news? Who didn't know she was a lesbian?

January 14, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shane

I didn't know, but i didn't really care before or after. I think I've seen one movie she was in.

January 15, 2013 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
    • shocked

I was shocked by this news....There was such a magnetic chemistry between her and Richard Gere in "Sommersby"...who knew.

January 15, 2013 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

This doesn't surprise me. She always looked like a lesbian.

January 15, 2013 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  43. glenda

Recently one of the tv shows did a story on Jodie and her father. They said he and Jodie had not spoken in years, and he was living in his pickup. Many parents tell their children, they don't want anything to do with them, after the children come out as Gay. If this is what happened in Jodie's case, he definately was the looser.

January 14, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. maria

I don't know what is new? we all know she was gay ,since she was a little townboy in the early movies I know we all know it! so what is the news? she never llok or act femenine , she was gay the is she istill gay now,nothing new!anyway wo cares......

January 14, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  45. kat

Did anyone else reallyl listen to this nut job speak last night??

WHAT DRUG was she on???

she jumped from one idea to another.....and rambled endlessly......I used to like her...... but now it makes sense why she and Mel Gibson are so close

WHACK-O's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • George

Sorry to say... Work on growing your soul. People are rarely that artfully articulate, funny, vulnerable, brave, quick, wicked smart... and kind. There was nothing canned in that speech to my ear. Most people can only muster semi-canned at best. It's like the difference between a laugh track and the laughter of a deeply realized individual. I hear where she is "at" and can only hope to realize that in my own life... An inspiration. It's beyond ego. This goes way beyond the individual ... This world needs more of these wise and authentic personalities.

January 14, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. William

Yawn.

January 14, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Really ?

jodi was totally over-indulgant and inappropriate at the otherwise, good awards show honoring her work not her girlly preferences Didn't care to hear a mini-movie speech about her lack of "privacy". R e a l l y She can afford anything she could ever want including privacy. Stay at home for petes sake

January 14, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mark

My question is this.....Who DIDN'T know that she was a lesbian? You'd almost have to be blind, living under a rock for your entire life not to know!

January 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

No idea here

January 14, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • joey navis

i didn't know, but i certainly understand if she had a need to put it out there that this was a good time and place. people's personal lives are their personal lives and she has a wonderful body of work in her field. i wish her nothing but happiness and continued success as well as the same in her personal life.

January 15, 2013 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  49. davecud

A talented actress, a gorgeous woman, a mother and, oh, by the way, she prefers women. One special woman who is irreplaceable.
    Oh well!

As Linda Ellerbee said, "And so it goes"

January 14, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  50. dale schory

as americans and as human beings we should judge people by the contents of their character not if they are white or black,gay or straite. when we are able to honestly do that we will be Better people and a greater nation. there is to much hatred and bigotry in this country. there are to many guns,& to much violence in our schools & streets. as far as jodie foster is concerned,i could care less if shes gay,however she's one hell of a good actor and i hope she doesnt retire.

January 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

I couldn't have said it better!

January 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

straite?

January 14, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

Shes gay, this along with obamas inaugrial speech about gay rights and gays being allowed to marry in the washington national cathedral Church, all thats missing is for Gabriel to wake my family up and guide us to leave and not to look back. YOU PEOPLE HAVE HEARD OF SODOM AND GOMORAH HAVENT YOU??? we are no longer a nation under God, we are a nation under siege. AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE WILL FOLLOW JESUS. whats right is right and this is pure Wrong! And No, from my Cold dead hands will anyone take my guns :) and before that happens, mine will have exhausted all ammo

January 22, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. palintwit

The palintwit imposter ^ has reared his pimply little face again at 2:19 pm.

January 14, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ken

Could care less she's lesbian...but don't think she's a good actress, she was horrible in that movie "Contact" and hated her lisping when she played the police detective in that overblown 'hit' the Silence of the Lambs....she and anthony hopkins who I happen to like were equally horrible.....good luck with being single now.....

January 14, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charles

Think may be the wrong word for you.

January 14, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • CurtX

Seems a bit harsh. Contact was one of my favorite's of hers; I thought she was underrated in that. And with Lambs, you are just being obnoxious.

January 14, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • joey navis

these comments say more about the commentator than they do about the commented upon.

January 15, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Byrd

Jesus. What a purple bore.

January 14, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  54. RDWLJH

I appreciate Foster as an actress, but she needs to remember that if she really valued privacy that much, she could've left the acting business decades ago. If she isn't tired of the fortune and privilage that being a celebrity has brought her, its time for her (and too many others) to stop whining about privacy. And the lesbian thing? Yawn.

January 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • confused

so because someone chooses a particular line of work they should give up their right or desire to privacy?

Not even speaking to her in particular but your line of reasoning just sounds like sour grapes.

January 14, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

I don't understand why privacy? when we make you multimillionaire,famous we have the rght to know about you,you became a open book to the world we make you rich and famous ....we put you in pedestals you are our idols, and you complain about privacy ,give me a break! what happens is your EGO growns!

January 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  55. gricha

Iundersandhinkleylustforfosterhowdidreagangetinvolved

January 14, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Scofflaw McGuff!

She is one of the bravest people in the business. And you hate her for it.

January 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

BAVE? for what for being rich and famous? brave is a strong meaningful word ,it is for a hero or someone who do something for someone in your life is all I am concerned she is just a actress brave had nothing to do !

January 14, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • BRAVE?

Brave? Being brave would be coming out decades ago. You know, before being gay was cool and trendy. Nothing brave about coming out in 2013 when you are middle aged.

January 14, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Scofflaw McGuff!

Honestly, most of you, see your own comments as to why you will never EVER be famous. The anger at the success of others...makes you a sort of come off as a small minded joke. And your crude response won't change a thing.

January 14, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Sammye

She's a coward! How long has she been in the business? 40 plus years? How many singer/actress/actors became famous long after her and came out before her! She let them pave the way. She let others do the dirty work and now she is 'brave.' I call BS on her.

January 14, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Cubshead

I don't care about all the lesbian stuff.
    I'm more concerned about the fact that she's having a bad hair decade.

January 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  60. chobana yogurt is too sour yuck

January 14, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  61. palintwit

Meh...who cares. Another person of privilege who isn't happy, news at 11.

January 14, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scofflaw McGuff!

You are a child.

January 14, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

palintwit imposter ^ Only an @sswipe would use someone else's screen name.

January 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • HillBilly@palintwit

Unfortunately, it happens way too often on these CNN blogs. The thing that kills me is, if someone is going to steal a name, at least have something funny or relevant to say.

January 15, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  62. jumpdat

She be fine..........

January 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  63. jodes looks great

i like fridays..fridays are always a fun day–yep

January 14, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  64. hey there

i love the gown...good pick

January 14, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. JT

I would knock the bottom out of that! Freaky Friday? Hell yes it would be freaky Nell, inna win gonna say tay

January 14, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Badly-Bent

Is she a cone-head under that wig?

January 14, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. i truly do...

i hope she gets better and understands that bitter does not get anyone anywhere. work on it

January 14, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. CatBat

I thought her speech was great.

I knew the CNN comments column would be full of trolls who just want to say "shocking," or ignorant things just to get a rise out of the people who actually care about the subject matter/conversation Foster's speech evokes.

Who cares what the trolls say? Doesn't matter, it was a beautiful speech and full of love.

January 14, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • number 1 until i die--m

jodie foster may be a lesbean and doesn't know it yet...

January 14, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

And you weren't disappointed including the response with a glaring mispelling of lesbian. The trolls really are dumb.

January 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norman

It wasnt great at all-it was rambling and silly...poor me...no privacy...im a lesbian...no, im not...yes i am...she's crazy-and the fact that she supports anti-semitic and anti-woman Gibson? gross

January 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. GulpOff

pie-troll

January 14, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  70. GBos95

(yawn).

January 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  71. i feel bad she's so unhappy..

and bitter towards others..she seems to like to drag people into her misery right?

January 14, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Sidb1980

Who wasn't aware that she was a lesbian? I like her movies, but this isn't new information. As for retiring. No one ever retires. She'll take a few years off and be back.

January 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Scientist

Scientific studies show wimmen should be cooking us fellas bacon and fetching us beers. They should not be smooching with other ladies unless we can watch – and it's after they fixed us up some bacon.

January 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  74. we have man women who act like men

they do not know their place.

January 14, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  75. joe talks

SPIRITUAL CANCER!!!! CAN'T SEE IT.. CAUSE blind people complete it.. SO SORRY

January 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Daniel

I think a lot of people here are still afraid of gay people. As though the thought of knowing a gay person is contagious and tomorrow you wil wake up gay. Please educate yourself. One out of every five people are gay, so you need to accept that. It is not a choice. It just happens. By the way, I am gay! And I love Jode Foster!

January 14, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scientist

Scientific research has proven countless times that you can catch the gay. It is a virus.

January 14, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sidb1980

No one is afraid of gay people. Indulge yourselves. We don't care. We only ask that you not throw it on our face or expect us to treat you special or something. Lastly, don't get all bent out of shape because we don't want to live that lifestyle as you don't want to live our lifestyle. Agree to disagree, but instead we get called names.

January 14, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norman

Sidb1980-no one is throwiong anything in your face, idiot. Gays do not have full equality yet-so they are very vocal (yes, just like dem pesky blacks 50 years ago...). When they do, youll hear less of it. Now just shut up and be quiet in your trailer

January 14, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jods may be one..

but if you let me see i'll show you what i am..

January 14, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  78. USA whats goin on?

JGN makes sense

January 14, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Agravtd

Aren't most of the actors/actresses in Hollywood gay or bi anyways?

January 14, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • tjbeck

That's a very ignorant statement.

January 14, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • palintwit

Pretty much.

January 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • readyforsolar

UGH – just another stupid, very well UNEDUCATED comment from the people in the CHEAP SEATS!

January 14, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

You right! Hollywood is trash ,just making millions and being famous don't make you class ,you see now those thugs became movie stars ,in TV shows and very rich ,"you can take th kid form the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto from the kid " those are wananbees who became famous because people buy their movies ,their produtcs ,their music,people put them on pedestals but still they are ghetto or nobody's not mattter the mansions, the gold around their necks the cars they rode still ......that is Hollywood trashy Hollywod !

January 14, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  80. I think

she looks kind of odd. Is she a lesbeen or something? You know they have short hair like that.

January 14, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • renee

How close minded the person putting she must be gay because she has short hair. How old are you??? 5 I have very short hair and I am not gay who cares

January 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack Watcher

You forgot the comfortable shoes part.....

January 14, 2013 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Reacy yet?

January 14, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  82. conf room a...

come on over...

January 14, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liana

Dr. Sara June 2, 2012 am30 1:12 mamnoon az stoaalan.man halati ke migid raa ziyad nadidam magar inke bar asar pooshidan lebaashaye zir tang ya khoshki dahaneye majraye edraar bashd. ba tavajoh be inke man pezeshk nistam. toosiye mikonam ke yek motekhases orolozhist bebinid.

June 17, 2013 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • rbwcis

KoJY9T noxikqqcfnop

June 19, 2013 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • zylhyjywou

64FyLE kvmplnrlmmjp

June 19, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • ixowka

4ENAb5 gsnwdizyeprk

June 19, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  83. KiddieKar

When have actors or actresses ever truly been about anything but themselves? It is no surprise she was talking "me, me, me". They may stand for human rights issues because of their enhanced status but in the end they are just as stupid and inappropriate as most of us are.

January 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  84. truthfully...

i'm surprised she's a les...she's beautiful...mel gibson thought jodie (photo above) was a hot woman!

January 14, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

She can't be hot and gay???

January 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • True-dat

True.. I mean.. Janis Ian I understood... Billie Jean King was a no-brainer... KD Lang you could spot a mile away...Melissa Etheridge makes sense. But.. Jodie is still kinda cute.. and probably could get a guy. So... I don't get it.

January 14, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • obviously....

She doesn't WANT to 'get a guy'.
      Derrr

January 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  85. JGN

All you poor frightened people are so anti-life. You can't STAND anyone being happy and well adjusted if it isn't the same cookie cutter happy and well adjusted you can relate to. I find shows like the one about honey boo boo horrifying and sad; Jodie Foster had enough class not to say that, but since I'm not under the limelight I can reflect on how absolutely grotesque the media world (and thus the sheep like followers of the media world) has become. I'm unutterably tired of being bumped in the street by 20 year olds who are getting neck strain staring at their tiny worlds on three inch screens, and horrified by increasing pugnaciousness and violence in America and the rest of the world, the hatred of women, the poor quality of nearly everything one can buy or otherwise obtain...and you all are complaining about a woman raising kids with another woman! You must be out of your minds.

January 14, 2013 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • its what we do for a living...

drive people out of their minds-not all...only the people who do not know their place.

January 14, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Yeah

I think JGN might be an imbecile. A lesbean imbecile.

January 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yeah

plus JGN sounds constipated. I bet she needs to eat some prunes or fiber. Fiber will keep you niiiiiiice and tegular.

January 14, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

As a 20-something living and working in a urban center, I wholeheartedly agree that infatuation with smart phones among the youth is a huge problem. For example, just the other night I went out to a social gathering with 10-15 people at a restaurant. Nearly everyone spent more time looking at their phones than engaging in any social activity. This can't be healthy. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future.

January 17, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  86. is she illegal?

if so then she needs to go to jail

January 14, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  87. Dave

Lesbean. That explains it all.

January 14, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  88. Miggs

...i bit my wrist....

January 14, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  89. Terrie

I hope they put her in jail.

January 14, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

Spoken like a true conservative. You want the lesbian in jail when no crime has been committed, but you say nothing about the pedophiles in your church hurting your children.

You're pathetic and a truly godless person.

January 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

January 22, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  90. BenAndJerry

I foresee a Dancing With The Stars invitation, sometime soon for Ms Foster. Bring back Max and pair them up. He'll get her slapped-back to reality quick.

January 14, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  91. Look away

just stfu–

January 14, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  92. Bob

What a waste, That a women is Hitting That...

January 14, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  93. youlookin@me

I loved her in Taxi Driver!!!

January 14, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  94. Pie In Face Larry

hey jodie! wanna do dinner with me and the fellas?

January 14, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  95. Pie In Face

time to make the donuts..renovations real..thats about it...its nice to have good friends in the acting business.

January 14, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  96. carey

Jodie Foster is a class act. I thought the speech was a great example about how classy she is as a creative artist and a person I hope she comes out of retirement.. Now i think i will finally watch the Beaver. After I Watch silence of the lambs.

January 14, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |

101. stephanie performance

January 14, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  102. Doug

?

January 14, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  103. snow white

She was over the top and should have cut her speech or "confessional" short. It was a good take off, but after all the "I'm here and proud" crap, it started to hinder the purpose of her being up there. Sounded like she was retiring or planning to jump off a bridge and end it.

January 14, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  104. Sam

Kudos to Jodi. In this age of narcicism, when so many people think that the rest of us want to know everything about them and when even the most personal and intimate details of people's lives are discussed in the media, it's good to see someone with some class who keeps her private life just that...private. She's a great role model for the Twitter and Facebook crowd. I hope some of them learn from her.

January 14, 2013 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  105. cme

Here's a wonderful article about Jodie's career! She is wonderful! http://www.btchflcks.com/2013/01/2013-cecil-b-demille-award-recipient.html

January 14, 2013 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  106. Important Harvard Guy

I wonder if Jodie is the husband or the wife? She seems more like the husband type.

January 14, 2013 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  107. Tim

Amy Poehler looked cute. She should have taken off that blazer jacket thing though.

January 14, 2013 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  108. Tim

Zoey Deschanel looked cute and acted like a good sport.

The E interviewer was really rude to Amanda Seyfried though. Rude.

January 14, 2013 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  109. geoz

I really want to like Jodie Foster, but she makes it harder sometimes. In listening to her speech it sounded ... disconnected. In both content and emotion, she took a world stage and asked for privacy. She proclaimed private matters (to her mother, to her children) and spoke somewhat cryptically – on national television. She indicated that she won't take the stage again, and that she is always talked back to the stage by friends like Gibson.

I come away with greater confusion than clarity.

January 14, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Kraken

Hey, Jeffie. Your Mom called and said to do the laundry while you're in the basement. And put some clothes on ya fat tub o' lard.

January 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  110. captexjohn

What a great speech and I was proud of her but then when she thanked Mel Gibson who sat beside her all night, that made me wonder "what the hell"...

January 14, 2013 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  111. playdown

jodie foster looks fantasic for her age...thats more then i can so for sooooooooo many women out there.
    what a bunch of slobs.

January 14, 2013 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  112. playdown..

i am number 1 until i die...mmmmmm

January 14, 2013 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  113. Tim

I think all of the long post are the same person. They seem to think tooooo much. Thinking alot will make a brain sore.

January 14, 2013 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  114. Tim

I like when she drooled on the award. Old peoples like to drool. And whine about their lumbaygo.

January 14, 2013 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  115. Nancy

She is ooooooooold. Why hasn't her loved ones put her in a nursing home yet? Don't they love and care about her?

January 14, 2013 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  116. harvard--failed.

thanks–

January 14, 2013 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  117. Hao So

Her next announcement will be that she is entering rehab. Hopefully.

January 14, 2013 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  118. ratwife1@hotmail.com

the best

January 14, 2013 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  119. failure

January 14, 2013 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  120. beyond the arc

Jodie Foster is a class act from start to finish. Congratulations, Jodie!

January 14, 2013 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  121. Cathy

I agree - what was the point of bringing it up? It was an award recognizing her body of work in cinema....not acknowledging her for being cagey about her alternate lifestyle - WHO CARES? Exactly how many shots did she have to have before taking the podium and make that speech? She did not tell any body anything that they already didn't assume. Did she feel she needed to validate everything that was being said about her? I think she's a fabulous actress - and dang it she looks fabulous for being 50. I'm thinkin' a therapist might have a field day with her reasons for deciding this was the appropriate venue and totally snub the fact she was being acknowledged for her WORK. If this was the "Coming Out Awards" it might be different.

January 14, 2013 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Stan

Yeah. She's a lesbean.

January 14, 2013 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Coco

I fully agree I've enjoyed Jodies' body of work – rambling out of place in accepting this award – she should have thanked everyone who has made her so successful and ended it there. It is sad – time will erase this unfortunate moment.

January 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  122. USA Bob

What was her point of bringing that up? Wasn't it supposed to be an award acceptance speech? Leave the personal non-disclosure on your private life...for an upcoming Oprah webcast or Ellen show. You can dance up&down the aisles with Ellen. What fun, but get a better haircut 1st. The bob is so 1992.

January 14, 2013 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

She is controlling and likely very neurotic. Does not like changes but enjoys acceptance.....I think she had one glass of wine too many. One more and she would not have been able to make that monologue.

January 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Izoto

Fail.

January 14, 2013 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  124. Jenny

Jodie is a wonderful actor and writer. I hope she isn't serious about retiring; I've seen all of her movies. I totally agree with the "right to privacy" and respect her for living her life "on her terms." I have always admired people who will say, "I'm not going to discuss that," or even "that's none of your business." Somehow we've been led to believe that everyone has a right to know everything about us; they only have that right if we give it to them, Way to go, Jodie. You are a courageous and admired individual.

January 14, 2013 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

She seemed confused during that rant as though she were drunk or high. Either way, she could have come out when it was not as fashionable. A bit late in my opinion. She can do whatever she wants. It's up to her. A little too focussed on her personal issues......Jodie, you may want to stop thinking about yourself...so much. No one else does.

January 18, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  125. geoz

we'd all like to welcome you to puberty and 2013 Stan. Well done.

January 14, 2013 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  126. Neon

How exactly are her comments about Honey Boo Boo disparaging? She was referencing that if there were a reality show about Jodie Foster, it would be boring. Everyone knows "Honey Boo Boo" was fun, entertaining, and quite wacky. She didn't say anything bad. You guys really need to learn some reading comprehension.

January 14, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  127. Failed

at stephanie.

January 14, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  128. getreal

How about you learn to form an cohesive sentence? Ignorance is worse than anything Ms. Foster said or did last night.

January 14, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  129. Drew`

Degenerate Please.... Mind you Honey Boo Boo commits at least three of the Deadly 7 Sins... Gluttony, Sloth and Pride... Let ye who is without sin.. blah blah blan...

January 14, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  130. Mikey

And you need to see a proctologist because you suffer from a severe case of CRI – Cranial Rectal Insertion.

January 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  131. .

Glad to see tracie's back.

January 14, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  132. hylalux

"How about you learn to form an cohesive sentence?"

An cohesive sentence? Really? An? If you're going to attack someone's grammar, why not take the time to proofread yourself before you click "Post"?

Just sayin'.