January 4th, 2013
04:44 PM ET
If a third follow-up to 1987's "Three Men and a Baby" were to happen, Tom Selleck is already on board.
The actor, who starred in the hit film as well as its 1990 sequel "Three Men and a Little Lady," told the hosts of "The Talk" Thursday that he's heard that a threequel called "Three Men and a Bride" had been in the works.
"I heard it was, so yes," Selleck said. "I've talked to Ted [Danson] and I've talked to Steve Guttenberg, and we'd love to get back together if they've got a good idea. I think that's a good idea. But it seemed to be real and then disappeared. I don't know. If they're smart they'll do it."
According to Entertainment Weekly, a Disney spokesperson said that the project's still in early development. Since it's in the beginning stages, perhaps the studio can heed Selleck's hope that a third movie would do justice to the 1987 classic, which grossed $167 million in the States.
"I don't want to rip it off," Selleck said. "That movie was the No. 1 movie in the world, that was the first movie I ever remember being No. 1 at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's."
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.